Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Backfield in motion

Started by Biggus Piggus, April 02, 2005, 01:42:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Peyton Hillis is going to be a tailback.  He is not going to start at fullback.  Nutt wants a blocker at fullback.  It would be silly to give him no snaps at fullback, but his primary role is tailback.  He catches passes, too, though Nutt tends to use him at fullback mainly on plays where he's a pass option, so it telegraphs his plays (and gets him splattered).

Last season, Hillis and Howard divided playing time.  Hillis did not play much at fullback.  His primary role was to serve as a power tailback.  In his sophomore season, if he stays on track, Hillis will be usable on any down.  Anybody who wants time back there had better add something different, like speed and quickness.

Where does De'Arrius Howard fit?  I would not say he has no hope, especially if Hillis gets hurt.  If I were him, I'd emphasize speed and quickness.  He doesn't have to be a scatback to bring something different.

I wonder whether Farod Jackson and Kyle Payne belong at linebacker.  Just a thought.

Darren McFadden and Felix Jones are obvious choices to bring something different.  Hard to recruit guys like that and not play them right away, too.
[CENSORED]!

tophawg19

farod played lb in hs.  HOW DID WESTON DACUS LOOK  .also was stoltz allowed to play .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

ocelot_ark

I kept looking for Dacus and Stoltz, but I couldn't remember their numbers. Not many plays made by white linebacker types that I remember, though. Towards the end, say, 3rd team defense, there were a few plays that were well defended. I think number 39/38, something like that. Might have been one of them...

tophawg19

thanks keep it coming we want play by play
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Biggus Piggus

38 and 39 are Randy Kelly and Prince Davis.  Dacus is 30, I don't know Stoltz's.
[CENSORED]!

ocelot_ark

Randy Kelly's wearing number 6 for spring.

Biggus Piggus

I just went off the spring two-deep.
[CENSORED]!

El Dog Hog

Wouldnt it be wise to keep Farod at FB, b/c the guy in front of him (im not in football mode right now) doesnt he graduate this coming up year?  So, Farod would be the next to fall in line, unless the move P train back to FB?

gatecrasher

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 02, 2005, 02:22:03 pm
farod played lb in hs. HOW DID WESTON DACUS LOOK .also was stoltz allowed to play .
Dacus donned the pink clothing Wednesday...hope he has stepped up the last couple of days!