Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nutt needs it!

Started by gabehog, April 01, 2005, 06:54:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gabehog

If Houston doesn't pick up this years in state prospects, (which is probably the best we've seen), and has another losing year, say bye bye!

tophawg19

most would say that is fair .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

HogDodging

April 01, 2005, 08:22:26 pm #2 Last Edit: April 01, 2005, 10:45:42 pm by Deep Shoat
Even though I have been anti-Nutt ever since his name first came up for the head Hog job, and will be glad when he's finally canned, it's too late in the year to change coaches.  (I know, I have a tremendous grasp of the obvious. ;D)
But, I will always root as loud, or louder, than anybody else in Razorback Stadium.
Anyway, if we win seven, or fewer, games this season, even the most ardent Nutt-hugger will be hard pressed to make a good case for keeping him.
Besides, I still have not gotten over the 2003 season.>:(  Talk about doing less with more.  When the season was done, I was wondering if he was turning into Mack Brown.

tophawg19

Nutt  turned ark around 7 wins and some close hard fought losses I 'd say 1 more .
THIS decision doesn't need to be based on record as much as how the team played
how many injuries and other varables need to be considered

idochog

AT a minimum, 7 wins in the REGULAR SEASON and a bowl win and NO UGLY LOSSES at home or the road.

Its Put up or Shut up for Mr. "Love that Helmet"
I love Jesus!

gatecrasher

Nothing less than a 2nd place finish in the West, and 8 wins...We need to be playing for the Western division crown the day after Thanksgiving in Baton Rouge.  If not, then bring on the webpage....firehoustonnuttsass.com!  I think he will meet those expectations...the new QB and the defense will tell the tale!  LY's 5-6 mark was a few plays from being 8-3...the team this season is more experienced, and will be a major improvement from last season.  We averaged nearly 30 points a game with 10 new starters on offense.  A modest improvement on defense will yield at least 7 w's...but I'm getting wore out with 7 win seasons.  Time for the Hogs to begin taking that next step, or clean house!

PerryHog

Anything better than 5-6 nutt stays.

I hate it too.

tophawg19

the only way we except less than that 8/4 would be conditions out of his control . NEXT YEAR 9/3  THE BAR JUST GOT RAISED & GREAT RECRUITING CLASSES ARK . H.S ;S ARE LOADED FOR THE NEXT 2 YRS .

gatecrasher

Quote from: tophawg19 on April 02, 2005, 08:49:30 am
the only way we except less than that 8/4 would be conditions out of his control . NEXT YEAR 9/3 THE BAR JUST GOT RAISED & GREAT RECRUITING CLASSES ARK . H.S ;S ARE LOADED FOR THE NEXT 2 YRS .
We gotta keep those athletes within the state's borders...Man Tennessee has thieved so many athletes from Arkansas...Roshaun Fellows, Bret Smith, Cedric Houston, Slick Shelly...DeAngelo Williams (Memphis)...the LB from Stuttgart that signed with LSU last year (forgot his name...I'm inebriated lol)...Those five guys alone accounted for so many big plays and TD's...and that's just the names that popped in my impaired mind (it's Saturday night).  We have got to start signing these 4 and 5 star recruits if we are going to ever make any waves on the national level.

tophawg19

agreed all were top atheletes  3 will probably start for tenn. next year.