Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The Ouestionaire

Started by gatecrasher, March 31, 2005, 09:16:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

gatecrasher

I was in and out of the car while I was listening in, but the last 2 days on Drive Time Sports (correct me if I am Wrong)  there has apparently been a lot of discussion about this 3 page questionaire that Broyles had Stan Heath fill out after the season.  Sounds to me that the media is wanting information off of this.  Rick Schaffer made the comment that "some things should not be released."  I am not that familiar with the FOI act, but it sounds to me that Rick has a good point.  Some things should NOT be made available to the general public.  However, if it is documented, I think it becomes public record.  Mike Irwin, where are you?  Need some input from a media perspective.  This is apparently part of a normal review that AD's do with their coaches after their season is complete. 

gatecrasher

Yeah that sounds good b/c if this questionaire thing hadn't leaked out nobody would be talking about it anyway.  I'll agree with Schaffer on this one...some things shouldn't be made public.

Fatty McGee

It's this kind of crap that is the reason big time coaches won't come to Arkansas.  This should never have been made public in the first place.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

gatecrasher

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 31, 2005, 09:47:28 am
It's this kind of crap that is the reason big time coaches won't come to Arkansas. This should never have been made public in the first place.
Well you know someone's always gonna run their mouth...It's hard to keep things secret anyhow. 

Fatty McGee

Quote from: gatecrasherfan on March 31, 2005, 09:49:40 am
It's this kind of crap that is the reason big time coaches won't come to Arkansas. This should never have been made public in the first place.
Well you know someone's always gonna run their mouth...It's hard to keep things secret anyhow.

Isn't Broyles the one who outed this little gem?

sooie dog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 31, 2005, 09:51:17 am

Broyles half assed it.  He should have humiliated Heath so much he tucked tail and went back north.

Fatty McGee

Quote from: sooie dog on March 31, 2005, 09:55:58 am
Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 31, 2005, 09:51:17 am

Broyles half assed it. He should have humiliated Heath so much he tucked tail and went back north.

Yeah, because that's how you get good people to work for you.  Good plan.

sooie dog

Fatty you and I both know it's all about the benjamin's.  Heath is not cutting it.  Fork out some $ and get this thing turned around. 

Fatty McGee

Quote from: sooie dog on March 31, 2005, 10:01:26 am
Fatty you and I both know it's all about the benjamin's. Heath is not cutting it. Fork out some $ and get this thing turned around.

No it's not.  Not for the top level coaches.  It's about control.  The money is there regardless for them.

tophawg19

and jfb got mad at nutt over his handling of LSU news leaking .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

sooie dog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 31, 2005, 10:05:25 am
Fatty you and I both know it's all about the benjamin's. Heath is not cutting it. Fork out some $ and get this thing turned around.

No it's not. Not for the top level coaches. It's about control. The money is there regardless for them.

Heath is not in controll or he would not be filling out a petty questionnaire insted of playing ball the last couple of weeks. 

Fatty McGee

Quote from: sooie dog on March 31, 2005, 10:10:13 am

No it's not. Not for the top level coaches. It's about control. The money is there regardless for them.

Heath is not in controll or he would not be filling out a petty questionnaire insted of playing ball the last couple of weeks.

Thanks for making my point.

sooie dog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 31, 2005, 10:26:28 am

So you think Heath is a top level coach.  That is what you are saying right?   Damn those shades must work miracles.  Will you give me a pair for Christmas.  I'm really going to need them to make it thru another year of Stan Heath basketball. 

sooie dog

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 31, 2005, 10:59:18 am
Quote from: sooie dog on March 31, 2005, 10:46:56 am
Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 31, 2005, 10:26:28 am

So you think Heath is a top level coach. That is what you are saying right? Damn those shades must work miracles. Will you give me a pair for Christmas. I'm really going to need them to make it thru another year of Stan Heath basketball.

No dummy, my point is that stuff like the spectacle of the AD making public that you have to fill out some sort of Q&A at the end of the year is why top notch coaches don't want to come to Arkansas. They can get money anywhere. What they want is power.

The point is if he were a top level coach we would have been playing ball instead of filling out [CENSORED] questionaires.  Nolan wasn't filling them out.  I know Fank has always been looking over these guys shoulder but look what happens when he does not.  Maybe if we would spend some money we could get someone in here that did not have to have their hand held.  Let me know when he is gone. 

Fatty McGee

You obviously are ignorant of Frank's history in general, or Nolan and Frank's history.

mikeirwin

I think Broyles made a mistake revealing the existance of a written document. If he words his comments to Bob Holt in a different way, there is no document to go after. Having said that I'm not sure there is such a document.
Knowing Broyles the way I do I figure three pages of questions is too long. My quess would be the following (which would not need to be written down):
1. Who are you going to fire ?
3. What player(s) won't be back ?
2. Who are you going to recruit ?

Kevin

i think jfb knows what he is doing.  he wants to fire the guy but can't.  notice has soon as everything calmed down, it got stirred back up.  take a guess at who stirred the pot?
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

gatecrasher

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 31, 2005, 01:14:09 pm
I think Broyles made a mistake revealing the existance of a written document. If he words his comments to Bob Holt in a different way, there is no document to go after. Having said that I'm not sure there is such a document.
Knowing Broyles the way I do I figure three pages of questions is too long. My quess would be the following (which would not need to be written down):
How about "What assistant coaches are you going to fire?"  Two of them are supposedly candidates for HC jobs elsewhere.  But in his situation, or should I say in Arkansas' situation, wouldn't the first course of action be to replace an assistant or two?  His job is obviously on the line in '05-'06...do you see a change in Heath's staff anytime soon?  Have you heard anything on that?

gatecrasher

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on March 31, 2005, 02:12:50 pm
Quote from: mikeirwin on March 31, 2005, 01:14:09 pm

1. Are you going to win enough to go to the NCAA tournament next year?

2. If answer is no, the stop here.
How about "Are you going to win enough to go to the NCAA Tournament AND at least win one game?"  Personally, one and done ain't gonna cut it for me.  1994 spoiled me!

Flatfoot

I just want to know how he answered question 2.  How do you beat a 2-3 zone defense?
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

TulsaHogFan

Very Carefully?
Quote from: flatfoot304 on April 01, 2005, 10:59:51 am
I just want to know how he answered question 2. How do you beat a 2-3 zone defense?

Very Carefully?

gatecrasher

Quote from: flatfoot304 on April 01, 2005, 10:59:51 am
I just want to know how he answered question 2. How do you beat a 2-3 zone defense?
That should be question #1...followed by question #2...how do you prevent your ballclub from going 11 minutes without scoring?  And #3...How will you see that the total embarassment of the last two games and "having" to tuck tail on the NIT will NEVER, EVER, happen again?

tophawg19

April 02, 2005, 09:38:25 am #22 Last Edit: April 02, 2005, 09:44:12 am by tophawg19
ques. 1  defense  an 1 . what i climbed over to get here
q.2  offense  a 2  hope i didn't fend nobody climbin they fence
q 3 how do you press .   a 3 with a hot iron
q4how do you beat a zone  a.4 with a broom no wait thats a rug
q5 what about stealing a.5 we don't do that lawman would come and getcha
q.6 what about [run&gun]  a.6 i ain't got no gun so i gotta run
q 7 what about the SEC championship & trophy A,7 i done told you i ain't stealing nothin
JFB o.k STAN you get another year .
STAN.. o k. can i keep the pencil it look good in my office .

Thats it gentleman i just saved the U OF A 25000 DOLLARS

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

artyhog

This is not anything different as it is in any major company.  You sit down with your supervisor, discuss your goals and priorities for the next year.  At teh end of the next year you evaluate how you did it.  An annual review is very routine.

I have had one every year for the for the past 33 years.  I can abe used against you but mine has been used to determine where I/team/department was headed.

It should not be released.  How would you like your annual review out for everyone to see, including your peers?

gatecrasher

Quote from: artyhog on April 02, 2005, 11:06:00 am
This is not anything different as it is in any major company. You sit down with your supervisor, discuss your goals and priorities for the next year. At teh end of the next year you evaluate how you did it. An annual review is very routine.

I have had one every year for the for the past 33 years. I can abe used against you but mine has been used to determine where I/team/department was headed.

It should not be released. How would you like your annual review out for everyone to see, including your peers?
Excellent comparison...I agree 100%!