Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

150-95 !!! Why That Is Good News for Hog B-Ball Fans

Started by jbcarol, April 16, 2007, 08:06:54 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jbcarol

April 16, 2007, 08:06:54 am Last Edit: April 16, 2007, 04:46:23 pm by jbcarol
It's hard to imagine after 18 straight years of no scandal, no NCAA investigations, no shame ...

An historic NCAA sports program is at its lowest point.  A state is divided over its direction.  One more evasive answer in the investigation will likely bring the death penalty.  There is no hope.

The DMW coach is phoning it in.  The star players are working on their transfer destinations.  The only losing season in 80 years is put down in the records. 

To the President who said, "Start over", there would be a short tenure.  No buildings will be named after you.

There was a red haired, red shirt who led the cheers.  He suffers through a freshman season in an unfamiliar atmosphere, losing.

He clashes with the new coach.  He is too smart and too stubborn to be manipulated by East Coast fast talk.  He will toil for two years in the dark.  No TV games.  No SEC Tournament.  No post season play.  The other kid from Eastern Kentucky is the fan favorite. 

The fiery red head from Paintsville led the charge.  You need a PG to bring it up against pressure.  How about a 6'7" PG who see could over the pressure and make the pass, or bury the three?  The on court leader who brought UK basketball back from the depths to the gateway leading to the Final Four and future championships is our new coach, John Pelphrey.

May the dedication and loyalty you showed to the program who took a chance on you and you brought from the depths of despair, be the loyalty and dedication you show to a basketball program that wants to take a chance on you and is not nearly so desperate.  Just hungry.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

rococco

beautiful post, thanks for the sentiment, and let's all hope Coach P can bring us back.

ps good post for #2000
Hogville is watching...

jbcarol

Quote from: rococco on April 16, 2007, 09:46:05 am
beautiful post, thanks for the sentiment, and let's all hope Coach P can bring us back.

ps good post for #2000

Thanks!
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Beyond being the coach that many of the Kentucky fans were hoping for.  They were remembering the best of times.

jbcarol

In Pitino's first year UK's depleted squad travelled to Kansas.  The sophomore John Pelphrey led a full court pressing defense that Coach Pitino would not call off.  Kansas kept the starters in and kept throwing over it for two.  Pitino never called off the press that day.  Kansas never pulled the starters.  Folks who knew better got the first glimpse of something special despite the worst defeat of a Kentucky team in the modern era:  150-95.

In a return visit to Lexington in Pelphrey's Junior year, Kansas went down 88-71.  72 point turnaround in one year not accounting for home court advantage.  If I remember correctly Kentucky pressed the entire game full court against Kansas.

slopinhogs

you can No more go back to where you haven't been than you can teach what you haven't learned. coach p has leared to play and coach the game of round ball i think in  about three years you will forget his age. he won't be a kid anymore he will be a 40 something year old man. bring it on coach .we know you have what it takes to coach in this league.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

jbcarol

Quote from: slopinhogs on April 16, 2007, 05:33:24 pm
you can No more go back to where you haven't been than you can teach what you haven't learned. coach p has leared to play and coach the game of round ball i think in  about three years you will forget his age. he won't be a kid anymore he will be a 40 something year old man. bring it on coach .we know you have what it takes to coach in this league.

WPS!!!

jbcarol

High Octane Hog

Awesome post. Pel has class and guts. Here is to a bright future as a Razorback.

jbcarol

PeytonManningSUCKS

April 17, 2007, 10:38:30 am #11 Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 10:58:11 am by PeytonManningSUCKS
There are folks with reservations about Pel, but it seems everyone is willing to give him a shot.  I for one am excited, but its easy for me to get fired up about the round ball.  It feels good to be part of a unified front in razorback country. 

Come on Pel, lets give em hell!   wooooo pigs!

jbcarol

PMS,  We want you to get "fired up" but not "fired" over this thing.  I did not know you worked on the football coaching staff.  :)

My apologies.  You are a part of a unified front in razorback country.  That would preclude the football program.  :)

WPS

LJHOG

PeytonManningSUCKS

April 17, 2007, 10:55:33 am #14 Last Edit: April 17, 2007, 10:57:52 am by PeytonManningSUCKS
Quote from: jbcarol on April 17, 2007, 10:47:25 am
PMS,  We want you to get "fired up" but not "fired" over this thing.  I did not know you worked on the football coaching staff.  :)

My apologies.  You are a part of a unified front in razorback country.  That would preclude the football program.  :)

WPS
haha, typo there.  I'll fix it.  i might just get fired if I don't start doing more work and less Hogville.

I made reference to round ball to single it out, so it is a bit like saying, "we are the champions" then under your breath "of the western division".  The unified front is that we are supporting the basketball program.  haha...  He's the best dancer, who only has one leg, I have ever seen. 

jbcarol

Quote from: PeytonManningSUCKS on April 17, 2007, 10:55:33 am
Quote from: jbcarol on April 17, 2007, 10:47:25 am

WPS
I made reference to round ball to single it out, so it is a bit like saying, "we are the champions" then under your breath "of the western division".  The unified front is that we are supporting the basketball program.  haha...  He's the best dancer, who only has one leg, I have ever seen. 

:)

little pigee

It's not about the money...it's about the amount of money.

jbcarol

coach, my back hurts

When we were looking for a coach.  One of the biggest factors to me was bringing in a motivator.  Bringing in that guy that has some fire and will jump down his players throat when needed.  Bring in a guy who is passionate about the game. 

Now, i dont know exactly if Pel fits all of those yet, but he seems passionate and seems to be a coach who will lead his in team in a fiery pre game talk.  I dont know exactly if he yells at his players or the refs, but i hope he does some.  I would like a guy who gets more than 2-3 technicals over a five yr span. 

Heath was a great recruiter, but i believe the UofA can recruit some great athletes on its own.  All we have to do is find the right coach to teach them the game and some discipline.  And IMO, Heath wasnt that man.

Go Pelph!  You got my support!

jbcarol

WPS ...  I am surprised Pelphrey's back did not hurt playing for Pitino at that time. :)