Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Arkansas Times cartoon

Started by ghg1, April 12, 2007, 09:56:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

usnavyhogfan

The dream is free, the journey is not.

dchogfanindc

Won't matter. Remember, DMW and his lawyer's don't think FOIA applies to them either.

pignatious

Wow.  :o I think a lot of Hog fans may have had similar thoughts to those illustrated in that cartoon regarding the current situation. There has to be some irrational explanation for HDN surviving this many years. I bet there will be some pissed off people at the Broyles Center tommorrow. 
Freedom is never free.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: pignatious on April 12, 2007, 10:50:16 pm
Wow.  :o I think a lot of Hog fans may have had similar thoughts to those illustrated in that cartoon regarding the current situation. There has to be some irrational explanation for HDN surviving this many years. I bet there will be some pissed off people at the Broyles Center tommorrow. 

I just had a great idea.  Print off a nice color copy, take it to Razorfest and ask H to autograph it.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

uberbrew

Look closely, this artist has his own tricks up his sleeve
come baby come baby baby come, come!

dchogfanindc

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 12, 2007, 10:52:29 pm
Quote from: pignatious on April 12, 2007, 10:50:16 pm

I just had a great idea.  Print off a nice color copy, take it to Razorfest and ask H to autograph it.

You called that play, brotha!

Killean

That is one of the funniest things I've ever seen.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

uberbrew

Immensehog

Quote from: arklahoman36 on April 12, 2007, 10:47:07 pm
Quote from: Immensehog on April 12, 2007, 10:15:34 pm
Quote from: dakpowers on April 12, 2007, 10:07:40 pm
Quote from: dchogfanindc on April 12, 2007, 10:05:12 pm
What is the over/under on when the Times will be receiving a letter from DMW's lawyers?
Satirical/comical content is open range. How many times has Bush been blasted in satirical political cartoons? Or any other public figure for that matter?

Supreme court ruled satire as protected speech in their judgement for Larry Flynt.

One of my favorite movies.

Satire was protected long before the Flynt case.

I'm not a lawyer, but I play one on hogville.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

guthhog

frank bends him over so fast, it just messes him up :o
Give a man a beer and he will waste an hour.  Teach a man to make beer, and he will waste a lifetime.

bobetty

I am outraged that filth like this would be published and then sent to an internet board for all to see.  Sincerely, Teresa Prewitt   

Houston h

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: bobetty on April 12, 2007, 11:00:17 pm
I am outraged that filth like this would be published and then sent to an internet board for all to see.  Sincerely, Teresa Prewitt  

I don't think that TP or the MSM have the wit to intelligently respond to the cartoon.  I could see this guy having a field day with some of the stuff in the "Letter"  it should give him enough material for a year.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

uberbrew

Im gonna need a fee for research and gathering of information for that statement.

10thPlanet

I just forwarded it to Stan's secretary, I bet the man needs a good laugh. It may never make it to Stan, but I bet his secretary laughs.

bcshog

Like McDonalds...I'm lovin' it!

HawgWyld

What is the over/under on when the Times will be receiving a letter from DMW's lawyers?
Heh. Yeah, Nutt is in the care of the Super Weasel Lawyer Team®, after all. They may have to fly into action in an attempt to protect what's left of Nutt's reputation.

SouthpawSensation

Quote from: bobetty on April 12, 2007, 11:00:17 pm
ROFL!!!!! That there's funny ... I don't care who you are, that's funny!!!!!

oldtimerhog

Wow, I haven't laughed that hard in a long time.  I guess Who...ston will have to threaten to sue the paper now.
Welcome Petrino Brothers - We have waited a long time for you!

VoR

That was the best laugh I have had in a long, long time, I just hope no one sends it to Jesse and Al.
From BC comic.
Fat Broad "What is the most flagrant oxymoron you've ever heard?"
Blond Chick "Politically correct".

You cannot brag about being selfless if you're doing it only to impress someone.

VenturaHog

I see HDN and the mafia as the scummy side and the side calling for his job the good side. I hate crap like this because it is making the darksiders all look like creeps trying to wage a character assassination war on HDN. His record and public antics are grounds enough for removal, not to mention losing gus mitch damian etc...

That is what should be focused on, not this garbage.

lunchbox72703

Quote from: Immensehog on April 12, 2007, 10:40:47 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 12, 2007, 10:38:41 pm
Quote from: Immensehog on April 12, 2007, 10:37:32 pm
Quote from: moses_007 on April 12, 2007, 10:36:05 pm
If only cartoonist George Fisher were still alive...he would have a field day with all this stuff.   :razorback:

He would hide "Snookie" in the brim of HDN's bonnet!

Thanks for bringing that up.  I was killing myself trying to remember what he hid.  We would sit in History or some other class every day and try to find it.

Wondered if anyone was "old school" enought to get my reference.

"Snookie" was his wife's nickname that he his in every cartoon.  And you had to wear your eyeballs out to find it normally.

Man, I remember being 8 years old and my great Aunt would help me find "Snookie" every morning!

Kilgor

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on April 13, 2007, 12:49:07 am
Man, I remember being 8 years old and my great Aunt would help me find "Snookie" every morning!

Seek counseling.
Northwest Arkansas gardening and critter raising:

http://www.backyardfreshfoods.com/

fanofthehog

I want Houston Gone.  I think he has lied through this whole process.  That being said, that cartoon is flat out ridiculous.  This only sets our cause back.  They will be able to point at this and say "that's how the darksiders think."  They crossed the line big time on this one.

Kilgor

hawaiianhogster

Funny as heck. I don't see the author's signature anywhere so it must not have been in any respectable news paper.

Kilgor

Quote from: hawaiianhogster on April 13, 2007, 02:09:09 am
Funny as heck. I don't see the author's signature anywhere so it must not have been in any respectable news paper.

You don't see "Tommy Durham" in the bottom left of the first bubble?  It's in the Arkansas Times, which is a "respectable" paper.

lunchbox72703

Quote from: Kilgor on April 13, 2007, 01:12:05 am

Seek counseling.

Funny, I wasn't the one with the mind in the gutter ;)

hoggystyle78

April 13, 2007, 02:37:33 am #78 Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 07:16:16 am by hoggystyle78
LMAO!, that pretty much sums it up, in a "Nuttshell" I always knew ole Dale was a "nappy headed ho". ;D

theoutsider

April 13, 2007, 02:44:36 am #79 Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 02:46:28 am by theoutsider
Quote from: fanofthehog on April 13, 2007, 01:47:09 am
They will be able to point at this and say "that's how the darksiders think."  They crossed the line big time on this one.
Anyone who thinks "that's how darksiders think" is a simplistic dolt and probably neglible to the greater issue anyways...

And anyone who thinks that anyone would think that is a...

Kilgor

Quote from: lunchbox72703 on April 13, 2007, 02:20:56 am
Quote from: Kilgor on April 13, 2007, 01:12:05 am

Seek counseling.

Funny, I wasn't the one with the mind in the gutter ;)

Your avatar is the high road?   ;)  Come on dude, it was funny.   ;D

fanofthehog

Quote from: theoutsider on April 13, 2007, 02:44:36 am
Quote from: fanofthehog on April 13, 2007, 01:47:09 am
They will be able to point at this and say "that's how the darksiders think."  They crossed the line big time on this one.
Anyone who thinks "that's how darksiders think" is a simplistic dolt and probably neglible to the greater issue anyways...

And anyone who thinks that anyone would think that is a...

You are a tool.

PowderedToastMan

That is wrong to print something trashy like that.  I don't care what side of the fence you are on on the HDN issue, something like that in a public newspaper is completely out of line.
WOOOOOOOO PIG SOOIE!!!

GBoling5000

Quote from: MuleriderFan on April 13, 2007, 05:10:45 am
That is wrong to print something trashy like that.  I don't care what side of the fence you are on on the HDN issue, something like that in a public newspaper is completely out of line.

I agree.  I want Nutt gone, but the last pane was offensive.  I'm sure some will disagree with me.  Guess we each have a right to our opinion. 

RazorRaider

Quote from: GBoling5000 on April 13, 2007, 07:27:18 am

I agree.  I want Nutt gone, but the last pane was offensive.  I'm sure some will disagree with me.  Guess we each have a right to our opinion. 

I thought it was hilarious.

In fact stuff like this should be in all Arkansas papers on a daily basis.

Gotta keep the pressure on somehow.

It looks like the media finally is starting to turn on the mighty PTB at the U of A.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

dchogfanindc

How dare they besmirch a "fine, Christian, shotcalla!"

Time to cancel my subscription!

Oh, wait. it's a free weekly.

"I was pwned by teh ark t1mes   Lol"

- Precious

SooiecidetillNuttgone

While I don't personally find it offensive (product of MTV age, and shock jocks I guess), I do see how others will.  I'm so dark a Darksider that I absorb light.  However, I wish this cartoon would have left the final pane out or it would have been altered to still be a slam without it being so below the belt.
Disagree with me all you like, but the polite but aggressive argument, backed with facts and logic will almost always win the day.  When name-calling and insults are brought to the table, you usually lose the side that you're arguing with and trying to appeal to change their viewpoint.
I'm glad that someone stepped to the plate to blast the FrankeNutt, but I'll be surprised if this doesn't end up with price tag that didn't need to be there.
His response to me:
Quote from: hawginbigd1 on October 13, 2016, 11:48:33 am
So everyone one of the nationalized incidents were justified? There is no race problems with policing? If that is what you believe.....well bless your heart, it must be hard going through life with the obstacles you must have to overcome. Do they send a bus to come pick you up?

RazorRaider

Quote from: Question-Man on April 13, 2007, 08:42:54 am

While I don't personally find it offensive (product of MTV age, and shock jocks I guess), I do see how others will.  I'm so dark a Darksider that I absorb light.  However, I wish this cartoon would have left the final pane out or it would have been altered to still be a slam without it being so below the belt.
Disagree with me all you like, but the polite but aggressive argument, backed with facts and logic will almost always win the day.  When name-calling and insults are brought to the table, you usually lose the side that you're arguing with and trying to appeal to change their viewpoint.
I'm glad that someone stepped to the plate to blast the FrankeNutt, but I'll be surprised if this doesn't end up with price tag that didn't need to be there.

Maybe that is what is needed here. Hitting below the belt.

You don't think ol' Nutt won't do it when it serves him? If nott remember the email sent to MM.

Remember how DL was hired behind GM's back.

Those were below the belt shots if I ever saw them.
Quote from: LA HAWG on January 18, 2007, 08:00:42 am
No BCS Bowl Games.
No SEC Championships.
1 10 win season.
2-5 in bowl games.
0-2 in SECCG.

How many times do we need to post this stuff?

dchogfanindc

Quote from: RazorRaider on April 13, 2007, 08:44:53 am

Maybe that is what is needed here. Hitting below the belt.

You don't think ol' Nutt won't do it when it serves him? If nott remember the email sent to MM.

Remember how DL was hired behind GM's back.

Those were below the belt shots if I ever saw them.

+1 if I could

judgeroyswine

April 13, 2007, 08:49:36 am #89 Last Edit: April 13, 2007, 08:51:32 am by judgeroyswine

I agree with every part of your response to the right of your avatar.  Well, except the first sentence.
Overcoming the gloom, despair, and agony of Hog fandom since 1961.

DEVICEHIGH

Hillbilly? I prefer Appalachian American

IBreal

Freakin awesome dude
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 12, 2007, 10:09:35 pm

From the Offices of Dewey, Cheatem and Howe.

Dear Sirs,

Our client Houston Dale Nutt would like to respond to your editorial cartoon.  Our client has never worn a bonnet or petticoats.  Nor did he help Stan Heath move.  We can not refute the remainder of your cartoon since it is dead on.

parrishw

Quote from: Bogarto on April 12, 2007, 10:25:34 pm
Is this real or did someone edit that? If they did print that I am stunned.

I agree I will not believe this is true until I see it in print......
As in too funny/good to be true

Funny  Ha Ha..

dennis7758

"I didn't come here to be a backup," Mustain said. "It would be kind of pointless for me to keep working to do that."

Reservoir Hogs

Guess I just didnt it funny... there was very little wit, or even satire in it.  I am one who doesnt like Stan or Houston, and it definately didnt offend me.  If you found it offensive, you need to live in a box the rest of your life and never come out.
I didnt even laugh though...

jameshogfan

I may be naive.... but is that really in the paper today?

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: semohawg on April 12, 2007, 09:58:49 pm
Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 12, 2007, 09:57:49 pm
Incredible....

yes incredibly in bad taste.

I agree with you 100% semohawg.  IMO, completely uncalled for and wrong in so many ways.  Wanting another HC and constantly attacking the man are two different things.  I continue to be embarrassed and saddened by this whole ordeal.

TorsinAHog

That was terrible.  Its ok for internet fodder (border line taste) but NOT for a publication/newspaper.
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 12, 2007, 10:01:16 pm
That takes some incredibly big stones.  The HDN supporters will come out in droves.  They will be mortified, offended.  "Well I never"  "I do declare"

Agree or disagree it will keep people talking.  It's sad that the message will be lost on those that take it too literally.

Take it literally?  How else is someone to take it? 

I haven't been a "hugger" in months, but, IMO, this is RIDICULOUS and way over the line of decency.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: TXrazorback on April 12, 2007, 10:18:14 pm
Quote from: semohawg on April 12, 2007, 09:58:49 pm
Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 12, 2007, 09:57:49 pm
Incredible....

yes incredibly in bad taste.

So is your use of Jesus in an Intel symbol.

GET A LIFE!!!!!!!

Just because he disagrees with you doesn't mean that he DOESN'T HAVE A LIFE!  I have a great LIFE, and think the comic strip is in extremely bad taste.