Arkansas Times cartoon

Started by ghg1, April 12, 2007, 09:56:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ghg1

In the most recent issue.

Discuss.

SouthpawSensation

Swing

That right there is funny I dont care who you are.

Darren DeLoach

ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

RootnShoot

There are more important things.

Flatfoot

OMG!  That is Frankin Hilarious!  Thank you for the cerebral bleed caused from laughing so hard ghg.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

dakpowers

Oh my GOD! That was in the freaking paper?! My jaw has never been so wide on account of a comic strip than when I saw that last frame.

bosshawg38

I can't believe they'd put that in a publication. Hilarious.

VenturaHog

is this for real? i dont believe it

Dwight_K_Shrute

That takes some incredibly big stones.  The HDN supporters will come out in droves.  They will be mortified, offended.  "Well I never"  "I do declare"

Agree or disagree it will keep people talking.  It's sad that the message will be lost on those that take it too literally.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

PulledPork

Immensehog

Good lord!

Arkansas Times lost their hall pass.
Life is short.  Act accordingly.

dakpowers

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 12, 2007, 10:01:16 pm
"I do declare"
I'm a darksider, and that comic gave me a "case of the vapors"! :D

jmark

Houston Dale Nutt.  When men were men and sheep were scared.
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

VenturaHog

that last part crosses the line for me, the first part was plenty good

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: dakpowers on April 12, 2007, 10:02:15 pm
Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 12, 2007, 10:01:16 pm
"I do declare"
I'm a darksider, and that comic gave me a "case of the vapors"! :D

Man one of my favorites.  Just when I thought I couldn't laugh any harder.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: VenturaHog on April 12, 2007, 10:03:07 pm
that last part crosses the line for me, the first part was plenty good

You are right.  H would never wear a bonnet.

slopinhogs

if you don't think that was funny just get away from your computer. :razorback:
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

PulledPork

Frank-"come on Huston, baaaa for me?!"

Pulled out...

dchogfanindc

What is the over/under on when the Times will be receiving a letter from DMW's lawyers?

AnthroHog

dakpowers

Quote from: dchogfanindc on April 12, 2007, 10:05:12 pm
What is the over/under on when the Times will be receiving a letter from DMW's lawyers?
Satirical/comical content is open range. How many times has Bush been blasted in satirical political cartoons? Or any other public figure for that matter?

guthhog

Give a man a beer and he will waste an hour.  Teach a man to make beer, and he will waste a lifetime.

Dwight_K_Shrute

From the Offices of Dewey, Cheatem and Howe.

Dear Sirs,

Our client Houston Dale Nutt would like to respond to your editorial cartoon.  Our client has never worn a bonnet or petticoats.  Nor did he help Stan Heath move.  We can not refute the remainder of your cartoon since it is dead on.

dchogfanindc

Quote from: dakpowers on April 12, 2007, 10:07:40 pm
Satirical/comical content is open range. How many times has Bush been blasted in satirical political cartoons? Or any other public figure for that matter?
Yes, but we are talking about the Fine, Christian, Shotcalla!

probiotic

jmark

Quote from: PulledPork on April 12, 2007, 10:04:59 pm
Frank-"come on Huston, baaaa for me?!"

This has to be the funniest post I have ever read.  +1,000,000

Thanks Pulled.

Pulled out...
40/29 News Confirms Houston Nutt Will Not Return In 2008
POSTED: 3:49 pm CST November 16, 2007

Since 1894

April 12, 2007, 10:12:01 pm #27 Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 10:22:05 pm by Since 1894
My vote is that it is in pretty bad taste.

On several levels.

A few similarities between TP's e-mail to MM and this cartoon.  If it was wrong then, it is wrong now.
The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: dchogfanindc on April 12, 2007, 10:09:39 pm
Yes, but we are talking about the Fine, Christian, Shotcalla!

Someone has got to call Schaeffer about it tomorrow.  Would love to hear his response.

Immensehog

Supreme court ruled satire as protected speech in their judgement for Larry Flynt.

One of my favorite movies.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Immensehog on April 12, 2007, 10:15:34 pm

Supreme court ruled satire as protected speech in their judgement for Larry Flynt.

One of my favorite magazines.

TXrazorback

Quote from: semohawg on April 12, 2007, 09:58:49 pm
Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 12, 2007, 09:57:49 pm
Incredible....

yes incredibly in bad taste.

So is your use of Jesus in an Intel symbol.

GET A LIFE!!!!!!!
Quote from: Hawg Balling on December 04, 2012, 03:59:08 pm
According to Hogville, fantasy offense and passing 80 times a game wins championships.

Reaganite

Why that's down right scanDALEous.

LOL.

Ryan-O

Pigzwillfly

10thPlanet

Someone needs to make sure Stan gets a copy...

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: TXrazorback on April 12, 2007, 10:18:14 pm
Quote from: semohawg on April 12, 2007, 09:58:49 pm
Quote from: SouthpawSensation on April 12, 2007, 09:57:49 pm
Incredible....

yes incredibly in bad taste.

So is your use of Jesus in an Intel symbol.

GET A LIFE!!!!!!!

Actually,  I think it means the Hispanic name.  I've heard that the symbol is now on most tractor trailers crossing the border.

Immensehog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 12, 2007, 10:16:56 pm

One of my favorite magazines.

Judge Renquist's opinion stated that satire was protected speech because it is normally such a ridiculous scenario that noone in their right mind could possibly think it was possible.

This may not qualify as satire.

Dr. Leonard Ford

So, that is not fake?  Incredible, but I can take it. 

TransAmHawg

Didn't Courtney Love play herself in that movie?
It'll Shine When it Shines

Ol Frank has finally $h!t in his own lunch box!!!

"I hope they all keep smiling and taking the arse pounding that we are dishing out..
  It's their choice to bite the pillow or look over their shoulder lovingly.
  Either way we're on top..!"   
                             4windshawg

Dwight_K_Shrute

uberbrew

Of course its real.  If some people cant respect others freedom of expression, they obviously cannot comprehend the level of intelligence that went into this work.  Tommy D.  You are the man.  Thank you for stirring the pot!
come baby come baby baby come, come!

moses_007

If only cartoonist George Fisher were still alive...he would have a field day with all this stuff.   :razorback:

Immensehog

Quote from: moses_007 on April 12, 2007, 10:36:05 pm
If only cartoonist George Fisher were still alive...he would have a field day with all this stuff.   :razorback:

He would hide "Snookie" in the brim of HDN's bonnet!

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Immensehog on April 12, 2007, 10:37:32 pm
If only cartoonist George Fisher were still alive...he would have a field day with all this stuff.   :razorback:

Thanks for bringing that up.  I was killing myself trying to remember what he hid.  We would sit in History or some other class every day and try to find it.

Immensehog

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on April 12, 2007, 10:38:41 pm

Thanks for bringing that up.  I was killing myself trying to remember what he hid.  We would sit in History or some other class every day and try to find it.

Wondered if anyone was "old school" enought to get my reference.

"Snookie" was his wife's nickname that he his in every cartoon.  And you had to wear your eyeballs out to find it normally.

Flatfoot

Cussed Fisher many times looking for Snookie.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

moses_007

April 12, 2007, 10:43:28 pm #47 Last Edit: April 12, 2007, 10:46:03 pm by moses_007
Quote from: Immensehog on April 12, 2007, 10:40:47 pm

"Snookie" was his wife's nickname that he his in every cartoon.  And you had to wear your eyeballs out to find it normally.

That is true and it was a lot of fun to try to find "Snookie" in each of his cartoons.  I knew George Fisher well and did a lot of business with him (he was owner of Fisher Art Service) over the years, and I miss him immensely.  His cartoons of Gov. Orval Faubus are priceless.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Immensehog on April 12, 2007, 10:40:47 pm

Ahhh the good old days before the internets and cell phones, and e-mail, and satellite radio, and $3 gas, and robots.

arklahoman36

Satire was protected long before the Flynt case.