DTS: Kodi Burns' father says Nutt did NOT text Kodi 1000s of times

Started by Big Papa Satan, April 09, 2007, 06:40:14 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoop

Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 06:51:03 pm
Quote from: probiotic on April 09, 2007, 06:46:30 pm
Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 06:44:15 pm
Quote from: donewithdale on April 09, 2007, 06:42:35 pm
WOW- Rick is busted.  Nutt didn't text him till after Gus left.  So its proven that HDN was neglecting a top qb recruit.  Oh well, we have our qb's we got over Mo Southern and Texas State Armadillos and Baylor... ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!

Gus is the one that should have been texting him.  That was Gus's recruit over all the other QB's we could have recruited including Mallet, he wanted Burns.  You want to blame somebody blame your boy Malzhan.
take a lesson from big time coaches and see how they recruit.  you better believe that nick saban and urban meyer personally text their recruits because they are the marquee face of the school.

I'm not going to act like Nutt shouldn't have been texting him, but none of us know the situation other than he was Malzhan's recruit yet no text messages from Malzhan.  Why and why hasn't he been criticized for it?  Looks to me like Malzhan failed at his job and Nutt was trying to get back in on Kodi after the fact.  Just my opinion.
Who said Malzahn wasn't texting him?
Blaming Alex Wood for any problems with the offense is like blaming a spoon for Rosie O'Donnell being fat.-Swino

Hiring Dana Altman would be about as sexy as waking up in the morning to find your grandma with one tit in the coffee and the other in the oatmeal. -Wilsonhog

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: This is about Nutt not texting Kodi, not Gus. Gus did his job and recruited Kodi. Mr. Burns was speaking of Nutt and Nutt ONLY when he said that NUTT did not text him until Gus was gone. In clean English that  means this.... Houston did NOT recruit and di NOT want to recruit Kodi until he had to. Gus did his job and Nutt neglected ANOTHER top recruit. Keep on loving those Nutts, guys. Pun intended.
     Did I mention Fire  :puke: Houston Nutt?!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

jry04

April 09, 2007, 06:56:12 pm #52 Last Edit: April 09, 2007, 06:58:33 pm by rsvl_hogfan4
Quote from: mikeirwin on April 09, 2007, 06:54:03 pm
Quote from: jhog on April 09, 2007, 06:51:48 pm
So Gus never sent a text to Kodi? I thought Kodi was one of Gus's main targets?  Looks like there is quite a bit of blame to go around.

Did he say Gus did not text Kodi or did he say HDN did not text Kodi ?

He said Kodi was not texted until Malzahn left. His father said he was only texted 3 times or so by HDN, but not until after Gus left.

wooo

hey 

don't blame HDN-he might not know how to use a cell phone or send text messages

dhornjr1

So Gus never sent a text to Kodi? I thought Kodi was one of Gus's main targets?  Looks like there is quite a bit of blame to go around.

I think his point was that Nutt never texted Kodi until after Gus was gone. I guess that would imply that the only person contacting Kodi was Gus until Gus was no longer there.

probiotic

Quote from: Green_Lanternn on April 09, 2007, 06:55:18 pm
Quote from: probiotic on April 09, 2007, 06:54:09 pm
Rick just blamed Kodi now.  What a great Christian man.  wow
how, what did he say??  I can't listen.
he said that Kodi told his source that and said that (paraphrasing) "young people get confused."

PIGINAPOKE

WOW- Rick is busted.  Nutt didn't text him till after Gus left.  So its proven that HDN was neglecting a top qb recruit.  Oh well, we have our qb's we got over Mo Southern and Texas State Armadillos and Baylor... ALL IS WELL!!!!!!!

Gus is the one that should have been texting him.  That was Gus's recruit over all the other QB's we could have recruited including Mallet, he wanted Burns.  You want to blame somebody blame your boy Malzhan.
take a lesson from big time coaches and see how they recruit.  you better believe that nick saban and urban meyer personally text their recruits because they are the marquee face of the school.

I'm not going to act like Nutt shouldn't have been texting him, but none of us know the situation other than he was Malzhan's recruit yet no text messages from Malzhan.  Why and why hasn't he been criticized for it?  Looks to me like Malzhan failed at his job and Nutt was trying to get back in on Kodi after the fact.  Just my opinion.
sureeeeeeeeeeeeeee..Kool-aid abuse at its peak.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Above Mediocrity

Quote from: rsvl_hogfan4 on April 09, 2007, 06:56:12 pm

He said Gus never texted Kodi. He said Kodi was not texted until Malzahn left. His father said he was only texted 3 times or so by HDN, but not until after Gus left.

Wrong.  He said HDN texted him only 3 times AFTER Gus left.  He did not say how many times Gus did or did not contact Kodi before he left.
FIRE NUTT!!

jhog

Thanks for your hard work Gus. Nice job on Kodi.

dhornjr1

He said Gus never texted Kodi. He said Kodi was not texted until Malzahn left. His father said he was only texted 3 times or so by HDN, but not until after Gus left.

Did he say that? I missed that. Well my point is moot then.

bulldog04

kennedy

Do you think maybe that after seeing his senior year in football...they were really not that interested? Also...gus was his primary recruiting coach...Kodi was his responsibility....gus should have been texting him.

People tend to recruit harder the ones they have a good shot at.....Kodi....never showed much interest in Arkansas after they accepted Mitch back. Same with Ziemba...he was never going to go to Arkansas.....always Auburn...

gomersnerd

Now listen mister!!! HDN was occupied doing charity work-sometimes 'til 2 in the morning. he didn't have time to text anyone!!
It's time to burn a lower case "t" in his yard to tell him "It's time for you to go".

dhornjr1

Quote from: Above Mediocrity on April 09, 2007, 06:57:38 pm

Wrong.  He said HDN texted him only 3 times AFTER Gus left.  He did not say how many times Gus did or did not contact Kodi before he left.

Oh. Well my point is valid again. :)

bulldog04

Quote from: kennedy on April 09, 2007, 06:58:10 pm
Do you think maybe that after seeing his senior year in football...they were really not that interested? Also...gus was his primary recruiting coach...Kodi was his responsibility....gus should have been texting him.

People tend to recruit harder the ones they have a good shot at.....Kodi....never showed much interest in Arkansas after they accepted Mitch back. Same with Ziemba...he was never going to go to Arkansas.....always Auburn...
He was contacting KB until he left.

oldhawg

Quote from: bbulhogfan on April 09, 2007, 06:53:04 pm

very good point...houston is not the only recruiter that arkansas. they all go after different players. considering that malzahn was the OC...don't you think it should have been malzahn's job to get after him?? oh i forgot...everything is houston's fault.

It is, after all, the head coaches responsibility to set recruiting priorities.  From what I have read over the last few months, it does not sound as if KB was ever a very high priority with HDN-----which is fine, after all, HDN is (or should be) the final decision maker in recruiting matters.

Squealers

Hey all you low posting hill-payed posters trying to discredit Gus in this and save the skin of your beloved coach....try using another desperate tactic, this one is so weak my 95 year old grandma could carry it.

Nice try though....read more, post less....and tell HDN hey for us.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

arslp

Quote from: mikeirwin on April 09, 2007, 06:50:23 pm
Quote from: jhogfan554 on April 09, 2007, 06:44:57 pm
The question I have is since KB was Gus's recruiting responsibility why were there no text messages from Gus? why wasn't Gus doing his job
He was talking about Nutt not Gus.
HDN treated Kodi just like he treated Mitch. He turned his recruiting over to another coach.
In Mitch's case it was Roy Wittke. Do you understand that HDN never made an in home visit to Mitch ?
In Kodi's case he let Gus do the work until Gus wasn't there anymore.

But didn't Kodi verbally commit to Auburn on November 9th?  Gus did not leave, or announce any plans on leaving until January 2007.
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

Above Mediocrity

Quote from: dhornjr1 on April 09, 2007, 06:59:31 pm
Oh. Well my point is valid again. :)

How is that?  You are assuming that Gus didn't text Kodi.

However, we now know for a fact that HDN did not.
FIRE NUTT!!

crazyrazy

Quote from: Ironhawg on April 09, 2007, 06:48:49 pm
I've seen the question asked twice and it makes me really wonder what the answer is.  Why wasn't Gus going after KB?

He did, but when it was David Lee's job kodi lost interest.

RhodeHog

Hawg_Heaven

The buck stops at the head coach no matter what. Huggers need to realize that.

bulldog04

Quote from: crazyrazy on April 09, 2007, 07:02:07 pm
Quote from: Ironhawg on April 09, 2007, 06:48:49 pm
I've seen the question asked twice and it makes me really wonder what the answer is.  Why wasn't Gus going after KB?

He did, but when it was David Lee's job kodi lost interest.
He did.     http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=60331.msg758998#msg758998

jhog

deshahawg

Gus probably knew he was leaving so he wasn't going to try to recruit anyone to hard.

PIGINAPOKE

Gus was to busy laughing at Nutts play book. The whole page.
The best thing to happen to RRS is the moron will never bunny hop thru the tunnel again !

Why do rednecks call antlers horns? Are the deer woods really different than the Turkey woods? How much is a " Mess" of Crappie?

Top Shelf

Quote from: Above Mediocrity on April 09, 2007, 06:50:53 pm
Said he only texted Kodi 3 times!  I thought he was inundated with so many calls and text messages that he was told to stop?

Haha! Rick Schaeffer just got owned.

This is exactly the point Mr. Burns was trying to make - Nutt did not send a barrage of TMs to Kodi before OR after Gus left. To the point, DO NOT use RUMORS relating to the recruitment of Kodi from the media to support UNSUBSTANTIATED claims to support Houston Nutt. I really wonder who he or SHE may be regarding the Ft Smith media source.

probiotic

the huggers are laughable- nothing was said about whether Gus texted Kodi.

do you people blame all of your problems in life on Gus?

Hogtide

The question I have is since KB was Gus's recruiting responsibility why were there no text messages from Gus? why wasn't Gus doing his job
HDN treated Kodi just like he treated Mitch. He turned his recruiting over to another coach.
In Mitch's case it was Roy Wittke. Do you understand that HDN never made an in home visit to Mitch ?

So basically Gus failed to get his #1 target at QB.  Thanks that's all I needed to know.

Hogtide

Quote from: probiotic on April 09, 2007, 07:04:49 pm
the huggers are laughable- nothing was said about whether Gus texted Kodi.

do you people blame all of your problems in life on Gus?

Do you blame all your problems in life on Nutt?

Squealers

Quote from: RhodeHog on April 09, 2007, 07:03:07 pm
Huggers are funny.

These folks go beyond hugging.....seems they are paid lovers.
ESTEEMED HOGVILLE MEMBER # 5524,   Flying the Hog Flag from Crescent Beach in Connecticut!  
Remember...Freedom is NEVER Free. Proud US Air Force  Veteran -- Strategic Air Command/Air Force Communications Command, Giant Talk/Combat Crew Communications Air Traffic Controller.

ComeonHogs!!!

I know one of the coaches at rogers. He told me on more than one occasion that lee was coming to ARK. He changed his mind after malzahn bolted.
Nice try!
State Pride!!!

wooo

Quote from: Hogtide on April 09, 2007, 07:05:28 pm

So basically Gus failed to get his #1 target at QB.  Thanks that's all I needed to know.

you my friend, are a  brilliant mind!

Squealers

Look Theresa, do we need to draw you a picture, or send you a text message?

Bigfoot

Hogtide

Quote from: probiotic on April 09, 2007, 06:54:55 pm
hey huggers, no one said Gus didn't text Kodi.

Maybe we should dig in Malzhan's phone records and find out.

ComeonHogs!!!

So how much do you think it cost huston per week to have these huggers on here?
State Pride!!!

Winner

Newsflash: Nutt is not a good recruiter. Who is surprised that he doesn't do the things good recruiters do.

ghg1

The call was recorded. 

It will be posted here.

Then let's hear you Huggers spin what the man said.

Above Mediocrity

ATTENTION HUGGERS!

The conversation was about HDN's texting/calling habits and had NOTHING to do with Gus. For all we know, Gus could have sent him 1,000 text messages.  That is not the issue.  The issue is that HDN did not.

Comprende?
FIRE NUTT!!

arslp

Quote from: probiotic on April 09, 2007, 06:41:23 pm
one of Sunshine Shaeffer's arguments totally shot down!!!

actually he did say he texted KB three times only after Gus left.

That very well may be, but makes no sense.  Kodi committed verbally to Auburn on Nov. 9th; Gus left January 07.  Something not adding up.
My name is written twice on the sidewalks at U of A; the first for a bachelors degree in education; and the second for a master's degree in speech-lanuguage pathology. 

Like my friend "ArkieBrat" says, "Gettin' old ain't for sissies".

rzrbaxfan

Quote from: Squealers on April 09, 2007, 07:00:16 pm
Hey all you low posting hill-payed posters trying to discredit Gus in this and save the skin of your beloved coach....try using another desperate tactic, this one is so weak my 95 year old grandma could carry it.

DITTO! 

Nutt is the main recruiter.  He may delegate certain positions to certain staff members, but if he is not directly contacting a high profile player, that player can assume that the Hogs are not that interested.  Nutt dropped the ball, you heard it straight from KB's Dad.  If you don't want to accept that, get ready for 4-4 in SEC play.

Perhaps Nutt was too busy texting someone else or forwarding emails? :)

Houston h

I love the huggers coming out of their gay closet to defend a fellow hugger!  What has Gus got to do with the lies that Rick has been spewing and just got caught telling?

jitter

BartIV

Here it is for all too see, Huggers and Darksiders need to watch this. This will explain Houston Nutts recruiting strategy. Watch the interview.

http://www.todaysthv.com/sports/story.aspx?storyid=39797

gumby013

Quote from: rzrbaxfan on April 09, 2007, 07:11:00 pm
Quote from: Squealers on April 09, 2007, 07:00:16 pm

DITTO! 

Nutt is the main recruiter.  He may delegate certain positions to certain staff members, but if he is not directly contacting a high profile player, that player can assume that the Hogs are not that interested.  Nutt dropped the ball, you heard it straight from KB's Dad.  If you don't want to accept that, get ready for 4-4 in SEC play.

Perhaps Nutt was too busy texting someone else or forwarding emails? :)

Don't forget squinting and looking confused...he does that a lot too.

wooo

This arguement is simlar to the argument about Jesus ever using the bathroom

the bible didn't mention Jesus ever using the bathroom.

it would be silly to jump to the conclusion that because it wasn't mentioned, then Jesus never used the bathroom

Hogtide

Quote from: Squealers on April 09, 2007, 07:07:14 pm

Look Theresa, do we need to draw you a picture, or send you a text message?

I've followed recruiting for many years and the assistant coaches are the ones that always get the praise.  That's why rivals has recruiting coordinator of the year award.  Malzhan failed to get HIS #1 target that's all there is to it. 

jhog

Quote from: ComeonHogs!!! on April 09, 2007, 07:06:30 pm

I know one of the coaches at rogers. He told me on more than one occasion that lee was coming to ARK. He changed his mind after malzahn bolted.
Nice try!

So if he was coming to Arkansas and this was mentioned on more than one occasion, then why did he not commit?  Does he have a crystal ball?

kennedy

Comeonhogs...

Then explain why Lee always wore Auburn shirts and hats to school....can you do that? His friends were quoted numerous times saying he was going to Auburn...and teenagers share with friends their true feelings...remember?