Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tigers vs. Hogs - I wish we could play!

Started by BOSSMAN, April 09, 2007, 05:28:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BOSSMAN

Ark does not even rate as a cupcake to get on our schedule - Sorry

superjw

April 10, 2007, 09:33:59 pm #251 Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 10:37:55 am by superjw
.....this photo was taken seconds before the Hogs took this tiger down and ripped it's tail off and ate it.  Here lately, the tiger (who's been named "Cupcake") just sits in the corner and thinks about ways to pester the Hogs.  You can come see Cupcake at the Memphis Zoo in the C-USA section.  Remember to come see him early - if you come after 5:00 p.m. you may get mugged and/or shot.  :razorback: Love ya BOSSMAN - you've kept it interesting...7 pages of stirred up Hog fans...but I still think your C-USA is a bakery full of CUPCAKES.
The Law of Insanity is this - doing things the same way and expecting different results.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 10, 2007, 09:10:49 pm

I am a fan of the BOSSMAN - He is persistent and you gotta love that!
He also keeps us up to date with those pics of the chick in Memphis blue... (much love).  This is probably one of my favorite topics ever posted on Hogville.  Props to Boss.

Way way way back in the post people were wondering about Arkansas vs. Memphis all-time record... Someone posted 10-10... Drum Roll please:
It is actually Arkansas 11-10.

Just for some fun, here are the series results of Arkansas vs. every C-USA team.  Just trying to keep the Kool-Aid stirred for everyone out there:

1. East Carolina - never played
2. Houston - AR leads the series 21-16
3. Marshall - never played
4. Rice - Not even close. AR leads 101-40
5. SMU - Not even close. AR leads 94-58
6. Southern Miss - AR leads 5-1
7. Tulane - AR leads 5-0
8. Tulsa - AR leads 36-23
9. UAB - AR leads 2-0
10. Central Florida - AR leads 1-0
11. UTEP - never played

Also, just to throw this in the mix, our two most played schools of all time are:
Texas A&M - AR leads 96-50
Texas - AR leads 84-65

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: gguillo on April 10, 2007, 10:16:27 pm
Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 10, 2007, 09:10:49 pm

I am a fan of the BOSSMAN - He is persistent and you gotta love that!
He also keeps us up to date with those pics of the chick in Memphis blue... (much love).  This is probably one of my favorite topics ever posted on Hogville.  Props to Boss.

Way way way back in the post people were wondering about Arkansas vs. Memphis all-time record... Someone posted 10-10... Drum Roll please:
It is actually Arkansas 11-10.

Just for some fun, here are the series results of Arkansas vs. every C-USA team.  Just trying to keep the Kool-Aid stirred for everyone out there:

1. East Carolina - never played
2. Houston - AR leads the series 21-16
3. Marshall - never played
4. Rice - Not even close. AR leads 101-40
5. SMU - Not even close. AR leads 94-58
6. Southern Miss - AR leads 5-1
7. Tulane - AR leads 5-0
8. Tulsa - AR leads 36-23
9. UAB - AR leads 2-0
10. Central Florida - AR leads 1-0
11. UTEP - never played

Also, just to throw this in the mix, our two most played schools of all time are:
Texas A&M - AR leads 96-50
Texas - AR leads 84-65

Nice  :D

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 10, 2007, 10:21:59 pm
Much love you to (pic below just for you)

But WTH does any of that mean?

Come on if you guys played the Tiger this year or last in would have been a 20 point blowout.

My main question no one can answer. Cal to Ark - where is the guy that said that was a done deal?

Again, my main question is this? How many National Championships has Memphis won?  Really?

UAfan

Come on if you guys played the Tiger this year or last in would have been a 20 point blowout.

My main question no one can answer. Cal to Ark - where is the guy that said that was a done deal?

Who Freakin' Cares!  We got our coach and you got Cal.  La Di Freakin Da. 

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Just trying to keep things interesting that's all.  You are probably right that Memphis would have won.  Too bad we can't rewind time and re-schedule.  I think we are in for some Memphis and Hog ball very soon.  All in due time.  I was just posting those series records for public knowledge that's all.  People wanted to know and I happen to have the answer.  I will agree with Memphis was better than us last year (no one here will disagree).  We have been in the mix with the same teams before, despite of what conference we are in.  Just posting public records that's all.

As far as Cal coming here.  I don't know who said that.  Did some think he may have if he didn't have his returning team and some good recruits?  Who knows?  I would've been happy with him.  He wins games.  The past is past and the present is now.  I like your style BOSS, you keep us on our toes!

I also think that that pic may be the best one of all!  Respect to Boss!

BOSSMAN

Well well we have found a Hogs that knows his stuff.

You Sir are smart and know your basketball!

Go Tigers!

High Octane Hog

In the present not the past. Memphis SOS 2007-39, Arkansas SOS 2007-13. Who did you play besides at Kentucky, at Tennessee, at Arizona and Ohio State, you lost all four of those games. A well educated person as yourself would have to take pause to consider that even Arkansas with your schedule could have won 30+games. Check Cal's schedules of his collegiate coaching record and see how many games his teams have won against RPI top 25. Hell, check the top 50. I think Mr. Memphis fan will be very surprised. If anyone wins a national title in Tennessee next year it will be Tennessee, not Memphis. 

BOSSMAN

Very sad! Are you saying you had a better team than we did?

Are you serious? You lost to Ole Miss. We could have beat them by 35.

HoosierDaddy

East Carolina, Houston, Marshall, Rice, SMU, Southern Miss, Tulane, Tulsa, UAB, Central Florida, UTEP

That's your conference?  Seriously?  Talk about a Murderer's Row.

Those are teams that those that are in real conferences play as schedule-filling cupcakes.

Memphis had a very good team, not disagreeing with that.  But the W-L record means nothing until you guys step up and play the with big time programs on a consistent basis.
"Objective Thinking Lives Here"

High Octane Hog

April 10, 2007, 11:14:25 pm #261 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:39:35 pm by High Octane Hog
Their SOS was 55 and it was in Memphis. Not saying Arkansas was better one on one with Memphis in 2007. Saying that Arkansas could have won 30 games on your schedule. Most SEC teams could have won 30 games on your schedule. I am also saying that Cal will never schedule a top 20 SOS at Memphis. Check his history. Until he does your National Championship hopes are just a dream, because of tournament seeding.

SPAL

guys, if you really and seriously want any part of memphis right now....you are crazy. They would run us out of the gym. Talk about puttin em in the SEC, they woudl have won the SEC  west this year. Put em in the east and they woudl have finished 2nd, but it would have been a tight race with florida. Some of you guys need to step out into the real world.

High Octane Hog

April 10, 2007, 11:20:07 pm #263 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:26:55 pm by High Octane Hog
Again I am not saying that Memphis would not have run Arkansas out of the gym in 2007, but we could have won 30 games on their schedule.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Speaking of Memphis, how is Galloway golf course doing?  I had a bachelor party in Mem last year.  We all played golf there on Saturday, got absolutely hammered, I think I shot 25 over.  Fun times.  Really nice for a public course.

BOSSMAN

We would have easily won the West!

There is ZERO we can do about our league. The teams in our league were all real young. But I will tell you this they played as hard or harder against us then Ole Miss or Kentucky did.

In Maui if CDR did not hurt his foot against UK a 17 point game would have been 30.

westendmed

HogsWellThenEndsWell

April 10, 2007, 11:50:25 pm #267 Last Edit: April 11, 2007, 12:08:48 am by HogsWellThenEndsWell
Quote from: Hog-fan-in-mizzou on April 10, 2007, 06:02:31 pm
since we are so fond of pictures.........

LOL that is from the Coke bottles from 1994!  I love it!!! I now proudly display these in my living room...here in Memphis. 

To: BossMan

I am originally from Arkansas and went to school at the University of Arkansas.  If you have never been to the Hill it is by far one of the prettiest places to live.  Memphis basketball under Cal is fun to watch, the fans here are excited about the uprising of the program and any educated fan knows that Cal should be competing for the National Championship next year.  I personally cheer for the Tigers now that I am a Memphian.  I work with several Ole Miss fans on a daily basis as well as Memphis Fans, Auburn Fans, Alabama Fans, Arkansas Fans, Mississippi State fans.  I live off of Oakleigh (down the street from Tommy West) and if you drive down my street you will see almost every SEC school represented there.  Something that you can't find anywhere in Arkansas (that I am aware of anyway).

All of that being said Memphis is really a melting pot of SEC fans and Memphis fans, and for the most part everyone that I work with NEVER pencils in a W when they play the Hogs in ANY sport.  That includes Florida and last I checked they have the top athletics department of any NCAA School presently.  We are all happy that Memphis is doing well and I would love to see them join the SEC...but it will never happen....why...UT and Vanderbilt won't allow it.  I wish you guys could get into a better conference....but again probably won't happen any time soon (Could be wrong).  What I have a hard time understanding is why you want to keep posting here?  Please read some comments by the top Basketball coaches in the business today and try to argue with them if you think JP was such a bad hire. But please quit embarrassing other proud Memphians by talking trash and show some class.  I know you can as your other posts have displayed signs of it.

WPS

LIVE! Do not just Exist!!

MTPAWR

Personally, I hope Cal and Pelphrey figure out a way to schedule one another. I know Memphis needs a couple of more "good" out of conference games. There is that one little matter of a football game Arkansas owes Memphis too. I think it would be a great series to renew.

BOSSMAN

Well if you live in Memphis you should be ashamed, as all Ark fans who live here, of the way your fans act and talk about Memphis.

Memphis is a wonderful place to live and I would not want to be anywhere else. I have been to the Hill many times lets not get carried away with it being the best place to live. Have you been to Monterey or Colorado Springs?

Come on we all love our teams and that is great. But your fans lack of class and respect was shocking to me. Even UT fans give us our props for basketball. Hell half of UT football fans are Memphis basketball fans.

As far as JP I think his record at SA should be a reason for some doubt. I hope he is the next Billy D. But you guys need to clean house starting with FB and that crazy football coach.

razorrog1

I'm heading over for Memphis in May and I promise I'll wear my  :razorback: t-shirt with class (until I fall down, of course).

jbcarol

Quote from: pigmania on April 09, 2007, 07:55:47 pm
Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 07:51:29 pm
I think Cal drop Ark. because you are not relevant anymore.

Hey that is just what he said. Sorry

"not relevant anymore?" Cal didn't appear to think that last week on Jim Rome's show. He was kissing our butt and praising Chancellor White (confused about that part). He sure didn't act like we were irrelevant. Sorry, you must have missed that episode.

Best selling bumper sticker in Kentucky just before Pelphrey and Co. brought them back,

"I bleed Kentucky blue ...  now more than ever."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 11, 2007, 08:03:30 am
Well if you live in Memphis you should be ashamed, as all Ark fans who live here, of the way your fans act and talk about Memphis.

Memphis is a wonderful place to live and I would not want to be anywhere else. I have been to the Hill many times lets not get carried away with it being the best place to live. Have you been to Monterey or Colorado Springs?

Come on we all love our teams and that is great. But your fans lack of class and respect was shocking to me. Even UT fans give us our props for basketball. Hell half of UT football fans are Memphis basketball fans.

As far as JP I think his record at SA should be a reason for some doubt. I hope he is the next Billy D. But you guys need to clean house starting with FB and that crazy football coach.

you are the one coming on here with a complete lack of class.

You could have avoided all of the fire blown at mempho by showing some class yourself.
You come on the hog message board and start bashing away on our basketball program.

You asked for it yourself.

Mempho is not a has been basketball program like UA is right now

its a never was and never will be basketball program.

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 10, 2007, 11:29:47 pm
We would have easily won the West!

There is ZERO we can do about our league. The teams in our league were all real young. But I will tell you this they played as hard or harder against us then Ole Miss or Kentucky did.

In Maui if CDR did not hurt his foot against UK a 17 point game would have been 30.

you forgot to throw Tennessee in there as well

BigDeal

You can't go on an Arkansas board and just say UT ... most of them still think in terms of Texas, not Tennessee. Just to clarify.

BOSSMAN

BigDeal

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 11, 2007, 09:44:47 am
Maybe you guys could check this link out.

It's a good one!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

Memphis playing as a #1 seed in Little Rock would be AWESOME !

Memphis Hog

BOSSMAN: I have lived in Memphis for 20 years. My son Graduated for the U of M. For you to come out and say that-Well if you live in Memphis you should be ashamed, as all Ark fans who live here, of the way your fans act and talk about Memphis. just blows me away. If you think Memphis Fans are any better get your head out of the sand. You ask for respect when you make comments like that you will never get it. I to like to watch Memphis BB and FB but is for fans like you that puts a bad taste in peoples mouth. I wish that Memphis and Arkansas still played. There were some good games in the series, some you won and some we won but it made both teams better to have a game with the fan base that both schools have in this city. Not to mention that so many players got to come home to play. Those days are gone and here we stand and you just keep insulting us because you don't have the balls to deal with the fact that some rumor was out there that Cal might come to Arkansas. IT wasn't that many years ago I thought you all were going to run him out of Memphis and now he is KING. It was a  RUMOR get over it. As someone earlier whether you like it or not Memphis is full of SEC fans for all the schools and we care about our program just as much as you do yours. We will be back in basketball and I hope that you guys are still playing good and we can met in a turney somewhere because as a hog we may not win but we won't give it to you either.
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

HogsWellThenEndsWell

OK...clearly not taking my advice, but not really surprised.  Memphis is nice it is basically an even mix between New Orleans and Little Rock.  Having moved here from Little Rock, crime in Memphis is in a whole other category than Little Rock, and it isn't even close when comparing it to Fayetteville.  What I said is that The Hill is one of the prettiest places to live and the growth rate in population attests to that.  Crime is so low it isn't even a conversation to compare the two cities.

I am extremely proud of the fans that stand up for the Arkansas Program and not ashamed in the least.  For the most part the bashing of the Memphis program...well lets face it you brought that on your self trying to compare Memphis's recent success to the MANY SWC/SEC Championship / Final Four and (1)NC banners that currently reside in Bud Walton. Memphis is a very good up and coming program, and as of late they have fielded very good teams and will hopefully continue to do so.  With that being said there should be more hardware to back up your demeaning of the Arkansas program and there simply a lack of it to warrant you coming over hear to post on an ARKANSAS board regarding playing the Hogs in a series that was CANCELED BY CAL.  JP will be fine and with the senior led team we will field next year who know maybe you will get your wish in next year's NCAA tournament.

WPS
LIVE! Do not just Exist!!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 11, 2007, 09:44:47 am
Maybe you guys could check this link out.

It's a good one!

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/bracketology

oh no!!

ESPN has mempho  as a #1 seed 11 months before the NCAAT!!

whatever shall we do???

BOSSMAN

I would love to play Ark in the NCAA. Kinda like we did in 1992.

You guys had your chance last year. You just could not beat a cupcake like Bucknell.

But we beat the crap out if them and upheld the honor of the mid-south.  ;D

Porkestrator

Yes, you are wrong again. Northwest Arkansas is ranked in the top 5 nationally in places to live and # 9 for career location according to Forbes magazine. The quality of life along with rock bottom cost of living make it a winner.

Your attempt to pump up Memphis as a place to live and downplay Northwest Arkansas as one of the top places in the country is laughable.

Where does Memphis rate in any category...

Near the top in crime maybe?

ishankem

Quote from: jxhopper on April 11, 2007, 03:52:59 pm

Yes, you are wrong again. Northwest Arkansas is ranked in the top 5 nationally in places to live and # 9 for career location according to Forbes magazine. The quality of life along with rock bottom cost of living make it a winner.

Your attempt to pump up Memphis as a place to live and downplay Northwest Arkansas as one of the top places in the country is laughable.

Where does Memphis rate in any category...

Near the top in crime maybe?

I have inlaws that live in Collierville (east side of memphis), and every time I visit when entering memphis from the west, I have to hold my nose due to the stench all the way thru memphis till I get on the other side into collierville.  The east side burbs are nice, but memphis itself is nothing but a slum wasteland

BOSSMAN

What a great representation of ARK you are.

Your nothing but low low class.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Boss, quick qeustion, what site are you going to to get the pics of the memphis girl?

BOSSMAN

Kenny Dowell Loggains

HawgAlude

Holy sheat -- I have been to memphis hundreds if not thousands of times. I have never seen chicks like those in Memphis.....

BOSSMAN

Pigzwillfly

Porkestrator

Yeah, right. You must be internet stalking this porn chick.

If that were the truth, you should be spending less time on a hogs message board and more time....

well, anyway.

BOSSMAN

My company that makes ONLY University of Memphis stuff!

Hollywood_HOGan45

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 11, 2007, 05:23:53 pm
She is my girl.

dang you are stinkin annoying

but your posts definitly brings some sex appeal.

good stuff