Tigers vs. Hogs - I wish we could play!

Started by BOSSMAN, April 09, 2007, 05:28:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HAM ELLIOT

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 11:57:33 pm
Sat, Jan 13   Arkansas *  -  Oxford, Miss.    4 p.m.  74 - 72 (W)   FSN/SUN

You lost to Ole Miss?

WOW!

That hurt.  That hurt bad.....  ha ha...  catch ya later.. got work to do!

Pigzwillfly

You lost to Ole Miss?

WOW!

NO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS......EVER? WOW?

O NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

Hollywood_HOGan

You lost to Ole Miss?

WOW!

sure we lost to ole miss.

Arkansas' had several teams lose to ole miss

Most noteably the one who WENT TO THE FINAL FOUR.

You guys might try that sometime.

its pretty fun

BOSSMAN

Is it true you last sweet 16 was 1996?

Man that is a long time ago.

What have you done for me lately?

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 10, 2007, 12:03:16 am

is it true your last national title was.......

never?
what have you done for me......EVER?

Pigzwillfly

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 10, 2007, 12:03:16 am

O dear you just don't ever give up.

Memphis State has ZERO NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS in anything. It all crumbles to that. NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS. The big one....and my friend, Memphis State has none.

BOSSMAN

Have you guys not won a NCAA game in 11 years?

Man I think even Ole Miss is better than that.

Not good.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 10, 2007, 12:08:46 am

Not good.

is it true that you guys havent been in the final four since the early 80s?

My gosh Mississippi State is even better than that.

Not good

HAM ELLIOT

Hey, I almost forgot to tell ya.  I have my own website at www.wmdgaming.com and we have an arcade there.  If you can join under the name memphis, and claim a high score, i'll award you a national championship, just so your not left out.  There is frogger, pac man, donkey dong, and various others you can try your hand at. 

Good luck!

BOSSMAN

It was 1985. That is the mid 80's

It is true that we have won 66 games the last 2 years.

Also we have been to 2 Elite 8's in a row! And you?

Go Tigers!

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 10, 2007, 12:12:36 am
It was 1985. That is the mid 80's

It is true that we have won 66 games the last 2 years.

Also we have been to 2 Elite 8's in a row! And you?

Go Tigers!

Wow
That was a loooooong time ago.

more than two full decades.

That might have been the first year they went to 64 teams.

I think the arugements are officially over when you keep bringing up the "66 wins"

Again, its not that impressive considering Arkasnas could have done the same thing in the CUSA

Arkansas has won a championship and have been to 6 final fours.

and you?

Darren DeLoach

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 10, 2007, 12:08:46 am

Not good.

i know this is entertaining for you but be prepared for the hard fall--i lived in memphis for 28 years and know their history well--your team is like a plague of locusts--they arrive on the scene every ten years make some noise and then just as quickly.....gone. next time i see keith lee i will ask him how much of that shoe box booty he still possesses. crying shame. he was a good kid. he had severe learning problems and you guys just pushed him through. now what. he has a bum leg and refs at west memphis girls club. some wonderful institution of higher learning you have there.---pitiful. how about baskerville. another sad story.larry finch is a great man and you guys about kill him.
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

PrescottHog

dude get a life a go back to your own board

Darren DeLoach

and you keep asking about our past---well what about yours?????????
ο λογος υμων παντοτε εν χαριτι αλατι ηρτυμενος ειδεναι πως δει υμας ενι εκαστω αποκρινεσθαι

BOSSMAN

Why do you keep going back to the past?

I don't bring up the fact that the last time we played we beat you at home to rub it in.

Our programs are light years apart right now and they should not be.

I would love to keep roasting the Hogs each year.

I would just like you guys to become national again so we can play. But with what went on there for the past week I am not to sure.

JP that is like a bunt single not a home run. I hope he can get things going and we can play again.

Darren DeLoach

show me some of this domination---you win 30+ games in a putrid league ( i know --we can't help our conference affilliation). i was there when louisville left you, and cincy, and fsu, and every decent program from every conference you belonged to. you were and still are always left behind----why do you think that is????? jealousy? fear? ha!! the u of m is a joke.

BOSSMAN

After the past week we all know who the joke is.

LMAO

superjw

April 10, 2007, 12:29:56 am #167 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 12:55:44 am by superjw
nothing to say  except...cupcake
The Law of Insanity is this - doing things the same way and expecting different results.

Darren DeLoach

like i said before ----the locusts make an appearance every decade or so, make a lot of noise then just as quickly--- they are gone. hope you relish these next 2 or 3 years ---because like the locusts the tigers of memphis will return to dormancy.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

When it really comes down to it BOSSMAN, you should have never posted on this site.  You can't flex your 0 national titles muscles around here.  Being from Little Rock, I like and respect Memphis Basketball and am glad to see you guys' recent success, JCAL is a great young coach with some fire, and I also love kickin it on Beale St., Elvis was a heck of a man and Platinum Plus (RIP) will always have a special place in my heart.  We can sit here and go on and on about the recent success of Memphis in the past few years and that's good stuff to talk about.  I have 3 uncles and one aunt that are Memphis St. Graduates, one uncle of who was on a golf scholarship in the late 70's...  BUT HEAR ME NOW YOUNG BUCK AND LISTEN VERY CLOSELY...

We have sports all year around, that's 365 days of exciting HOG SPORTS.  Baseball, Football, Basketball and Track with sold out crowds who love to see CHAMPIONS be born... You can sit here and talk up how teams like Bucknell got us last year or how Ole Miss beat us this year... we realized that and the problem is gone.  This is THE Southeastern Conference!  A place where Champions are made, and eventually an SEC team is going to get the best of another SEC team.  That's what happens when you play this conference.  The SEC has teams that are the University Heads of the state (if you don't know what this means look it up)...  it's ARKANSAS, not Arkansas State;  GEORGIA, not G-Tech; FLORIDA, not Miami or UCF; SOUTH CAROLINA and not Clemson; and one you may be familiar with TENNESSEE and not Memphis; ALABAMA not UAB; LSU not Tulane.

I realize that Memphis can't help that they play in C-USA and that's cool.  But I will be darned if you sit here and say that Arkansas is NOT NATIONAL.  I could give two **** about who you guys have and who you may be getting for the next year.  I was really pulling for Memphis to make a good run at the title this year, but its fools like you who don't do any research on anything before coming in here and running your mouth that make me realize what a joke you really are.  Good Luck in the future.  And one more thing, DON'T EVER POST A PICTURE OF A MOTOR CITY BOWL TITLE ON THIS SITE!  DAMN SON!  You have to be a little smarter than that?!

Go flex your C-USA title to Southern Miss.

Darren DeLoach

April 10, 2007, 12:36:45 am #170 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 12:40:01 am by semohawg
bossman---i haven't lived in memphis for almost 10 years--thanks for rekindling my disdain for the university--sorry if i came across a hateful--nothing personal--i call memphis home ---just not a tiger fan. ---oh. if its any conciliation--i didn't think calipari was coming here--never a second---no matter how much i hate it--he has a real chance at that elusive title for you guys next season.

HawgWyld

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 05:45:18 pm
Blue is the color of the Gods.

Or at least the Memphis Tigers.

BTW was JP the coaching home run you guys were looking for?

Time will tell. By the way, was Conference USA the powerhouse conference you guys were looking for? ;)

Kenny Dowell Loggains

This was my favorite look for Elvis

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Why did you even get on here BOSS?  Are you and your killer Memphis frat brothers laughing it up with your white hats drinking the trash can punch out of your Greek Letter cups?  Only to wake up tomorrow in a hungover state next to some cow wishing you would've gone to class instead of talking jibberish to Hog fans?

superjw

C-USA - Watch out cause here come the Tigers puuuuurrrr I got my hat - now wheres my CUPCAKE?
The Law of Insanity is this - doing things the same way and expecting different results.

superjw

April 10, 2007, 01:03:10 am #175 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 01:10:42 am by superjw
this handsome necklace will be presented to the Memphis Tigers mens basketball team as soon as Coach Cal picks them up at Wal-Mart - enscribed on the back - 2005-06 C-USA champs - way to go Memphis......... :razorback:

High Octane Hog

April 10, 2007, 01:17:36 am #176 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 01:41:38 am by High Octane Hog
In the present not the past. Memphis SOS 2007-39, Arkansas SOS 2007-13. Who did you play besides at Kentucky, at Tennessee, at Arizona and Ohio State, you lost all four of those games. A well educated person as yourself would have to take pause to consider that even Arkansas with your schedule could have won 30+games. Check Cal's schedules of his collegiate coaching record and see how many games his teams have won against RPI top 25. Hell, check the top 50. I think Mr. Memphis fan will be very surprised. If anyone wins a national title in Tennessee next year it will be Tennessee, not Memphis.

High Octane Hog

April 10, 2007, 01:20:16 am #177 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 01:42:24 am by High Octane Hog
Quote from: High Octane Hog on April 10, 2007, 01:17:36 am
In the present not the past. Memphis SOS 2007-39, Arkansas SOS 2007-13. Who did you play besides at Kentucky, at Tennessee, at Arizona and Ohio State, you lost all four of those games. A well educated person as yourself would have to take pause to consider that even Arkansas with your schedule could have won 30+games. Check Cal's schedules of his collegiate coaching record and see how many games his teams have won against RPI top 25. Hell, check the top 50. I think Mr. Memphis fan will be very surprised. If anyone wins a national title in Tennessee next year it will be Tennessee, not Memphis.

Anytime Bossman. We are waiting!!

HoosierDaddy

I like the occasional border smack talk as anyone else.

When Memphis joins a real conference and plays with the big boys, then I will listen to their argument about their W-L record.  As for football, Memphis must go undefeated to even get a sniff at a BCS game.  And I'm not even talking about the BCS Championship game.  Even the lowest tier BCS game is not a realistic possibility for MemphisI know we havent been in one, but at least we've been in the conversation before.

Yes, Cal is a great coach.  But Memphis is a "stepping stone" program.

Until they play real programs on a regular basis, SEC>whatever that conference is that Memphis plays in.

Seriously..... Memphis??
"Objective Thinking Lives Here"

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 10, 2007, 12:20:45 am
Why do you keep going back to the past?

I don't bring up the fact that the last time we played we beat you at home to rub it in.

Our programs are light years apart right now and they should not be.

I would love to keep roasting the Hogs each year.

I would just like you guys to become national again so we can play. But with what went on there for the past week I am not to sure.

JP that is like a bunt single not a home run. I hope he can get things going and we can play again.

maybe you guys can finally make it to the final four so you can even be mentioned in the same breath as Arkansas basketball.

Heck you guys havent even made it there since the three point shot came into play.

razorrog1

Quote from: gguillo on April 10, 2007, 12:30:14 am
When it really comes down to it BOSSMAN, you should have never posted on this site.  You can't flex your 0 national titles muscles around here.  Being from Little Rock, I like and respect Memphis Basketball and am glad to see you guys' recent success, JCAL is a great young coach with some fire, and I also love kickin it on Beale St., Elvis was a heck of a man and Platinum Plus (RIP) will always have a special place in my heart.  We can sit here and go on and on about the recent success of Memphis in the past few years and that's good stuff to talk about.  I have 3 uncles and one aunt that are Memphis St. Graduates, one uncle of who was on a golf scholarship in the late 70's...  BUT HEAR ME NOW YOUNG BUCK AND LISTEN VERY CLOSELY...

We have sports all year around, that's 365 days of exciting HOG SPORTS.  Baseball, Football, Basketball and Track with sold out crowds who love to see CHAMPIONS be born... You can sit here and talk up how teams like Bucknell got us last year or how Ole Miss beat us this year... we realized that and the problem is gone.  This is THE Southeastern Conference!  A place where Champions are made, and eventually an SEC team is going to get the best of another SEC team.  That's what happens when you play this conference.  The SEC has teams that are the University Heads of the state (if you don't know what this means look it up)...  it's ARKANSAS, not Arkansas State;  GEORGIA, not G-Tech; FLORIDA, not Miami or UCF; SOUTH CAROLINA and not Clemson; and one you may be familiar with TENNESSEE and not Memphis; ALABAMA not UAB; LSU not Tulane.

I realize that Memphis can't help that they play in C-USA and that's cool.  But I will be darned if you sit here and say that Arkansas is NOT NATIONAL.  I could give two **** about who you guys have and who you may be getting for the next year.  I was really pulling for Memphis to make a good run at the title this year, but its fools like you who don't do any research on anything before coming in here and running your mouth that make me realize what a joke you really are.  Good Luck in the future.  And one more thing, DON'T EVER POST A PICTURE OF A MOTOR CITY BOWL TITLE ON THIS SITE!  DAMN SON!  You have to be a little smarter than that?!

I gotta say, nice post!

BOSSMAN

It is so apparent that the Hogs time has passed you guys just don't know it yet.

You got a lower level D-1 coach.

What was his record at SA? Not to good.

You fired the wrong coach.

WestMemphisHogFan

BOSSMAN

I think not winning a NCAA game in 9 years shows me all I need to know.

I hope JP can do it. I know you will all miss Dana. She had a good run over there.

HawgAlude

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 10, 2007, 08:22:27 am

I hope JP can do it. I know you will all miss Dana. She had a good run over there.

No piss on dana. Like JP said we compete in the SEC win championships in the SEC then that puts us in an awesome position nationally. We win conference titles and SEC championships that will put us back where we belong...

UAfan

0 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS

HEY BOSS MAN

Guess What I have to say next

Making it to The Elite Eight is Great

But if the Elite Eight were so special

They wouldn't have the Final Four

Sorry No One Cares

Until You Win The Big One Memphis will still be the choke artists everyone has known and loved

KosherGlenn

Why does Memphis not play the Hogs anymore.  It was really a great basketball series.  Is it because we still refuse to play them in the one football game we owe them under contract?

The_Weatherman

Anyone know the all-time records, Arkansas vs. Memphis ?

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 10, 2007, 08:17:31 am
It is so apparent that the Hogs time has passed you guys just don't know it yet.

You got a lower level D-1 coach.

What was his record at SA? Not to good.

You fired the wrong coach.

Arkansas right now may be a college basketball has been

but mempho is a never was.

better to have been on the mountain top than to have never been there before.

Hollywood_HOGan

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 10, 2007, 08:22:27 am

i think never been to the final four since the three point shot came into play tells me all i need to know

ZERO championships at mempho

superjw

April 10, 2007, 09:49:19 am #190 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 09:54:05 am by superjw
hmmmm woke up today and when I think of C-USA I still think of cupcakes and jelly beans

superjw

- hey look - tiger fans are going to watch another barn burner in C-USA

razorpimp

Bottomline is Memphis has always BEGGED to get into the SEC......but alas they are a worse overall athletic program than even Mississippi State......

You are a one trick pony that is all.  Once Calipari leaves or the NCAA starts investigating, you will be a "no" trick pony.

I've seen that chic in your picks....she is one helluvah dancer at Platinum Plus...nice body, ugly face.......definitely a "butter" face

Porkestrator

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 11:23:36 pm
Your football coach is a Nutt. I would not bring up football.

That is to much comedy for me to get into.

Lets just stick to basketball and you guys talking about Memphis.

Ahahaha. You are right. I don't blame you for not wanting to talk football. We ave a Nutt for a coach and we are still top 10. Please, tell me about that football powerhouse that is Memphis State.

Oh... and please remind me of how many championships you haev at MS?

Porkestrator

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 09, 2007, 11:36:41 pm
The truth is in the here and now we have a better basketball team. End of story.

Ark has a better football team. (even if the coach is a Nutt)

All we ask is that you look at what we do not what our conference does.

Why not let us in the SEC? Don't be scared of the sleeping giant. Just add BCS money.

I looked.... YOU HAVE DONE NOTHING   0 CHAMPIONSHIPS.

I'm trying to be objective, but there is no excuse for we almost got an almost at an almost championship.

Silly pusies, elite 8 != Championship.

Kenny Dowell Loggains

Does anyone find it hilarious that BOSSMAN keeps throwing up pictures of a basketball pic from the early 70's and then says "stop living in the past to us?"  or a picture of a 2005 Deangelo Williams picture for "Race for Heisman"... or better yet, my personal favorite - the 2005 Motor City Bowl Championship pic?!  This is 2007 a$$ clown!!!  BOSSMAN - Get the HELL OUTTA HERE!  YOU ARE SUCH A ROOKIE WHEN IT COMES TO TALKIN TRASH ABOUT PRESTEGIOUS PROGRAMS!!!  Go TO SCHOOL SON AND GET AN EDUCATION!

Porkestrator

Quote from: gguillo on April 10, 2007, 12:30:14 am

School is out. Thanks for playing, Bosswoman. Run along now.

BOSSMAN

I really thank that you Hogs have lost it.

I know no coach wanted the job.

Our coach thinks you guys aren't national enough to play.

And the national media is calling Ark a laughing stock.

But keep your chins up the sun will shine again.

One day your basketball team will be back where we are. Until then there is plenty of room on our bandwagon.

Jump aboard!

BOSSMAN

Your right it is 2007.

We won 33 games went to the elite 8.

How about you?

Go ahead list what you guys did.

HawgAlude

April 10, 2007, 11:52:32 am #199 Last Edit: April 10, 2007, 11:54:14 am by HawgAlude
This idiot keeps posting the same things over and over again and we keep responding to it.

No I will not buy a cadallic or an impala, ride on DUBS, listen to three 6 mafia, or buy memphis state basketball tickets. If you are tring to convert razorback fans to memphis state fans then you are SOL. However you could try Southern Miss or any other MIssissippi schools board. I am sure that you would have better luck there....

as far as you :puke: BOSSMAN I am done.....  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: