Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

"Rollin' with Nolan," "Stan the Man." What slogan will John Pelphrey be given? (Four and out.)

Started by HOGansHero, April 09, 2007, 09:48:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr. Hog

Go Hogs Go!

lookinupthehill

razorback45

!!!!!!!!!!Love Those Hogs !!!!!!!!!!

Since 1894

The first thing I heard today was that he grew up on a pig farm. That's quite a start in my book. And my last memory was watching him hang 70 on Nebraska. Just those two facts are enough (for me to like him). Then, I hear that he's out of the Hayden Fry-Bill Snyder-Barry Alvarez coaching tree. Oh, that's enough for me to like a lot. Then, I hear he's got a 27-year-old wife. Okay, we can stop. I like him.

BARRY SWITZER- Former Arkansas Asst. Coach
Quote given to Clay Henry

As ratified by the States and authenticated by Thomas Jefferson, Secretary of State:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

HOGansHero

I guess one night we could hand out "Pel" dispensers.  I am so glad Karma is turned off... :puke:

Red Tusk

If you can accept losing, you can't win.-Vince Lombardi

'Why don't they make the whole plane out of that black box stuff.'-Steven Wright

moses_007

Pall Mall? (pronounced Pell Mell) :razorback:

RazorBassin

razor rob

doo-ran

doo-ran

PennHOG

When I die, I want to go peacefully in my sleep just like my grandfather, and not like the screaming passengers in his car!

doo-ran

doo-ran

hoghart

Lets just call him "Billy Gillespie" to make everybody feel better
"It is better to be quiet and thought a fool than to open your mouth and prove it."
Abraham Lincoln

kgr

The real Hogules

Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

The real Hogules

Maybe we should wait and see if he actually makes it to the first practice or team meeting BEFORE we go to the trouble of giving JP a nickname???
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

Craig O Squeal

code3hawg

Quit Whinning and support your Team!

John Futrall

Quote from: Razors84 on April 09, 2007, 11:04:31 am
Quote from: mikeyg31 on April 09, 2007, 10:30:59 am
Quote from: wwwhogfan on April 09, 2007, 09:48:52 am
40 minutes of Pel

That's my vote.

That, or Pelphrey's gallimaufry (it's the only word I could find besides belfry that rhymed)

Uh, can I have a definition?  Language of origin?   Can I buy a vowel?

gal·li·mau·fry   –noun,

1. a hodgepodge; jumble; confused medley. 
2. a ragout or hash. 

Hog Fan 51

Quote from: mikeyg31 on April 09, 2007, 01:38:59 pm
40 minutes of Pel

That's my vote.

That, or Pelphrey's gallimaufry (it's the only word I could find besides belfry that rhymed)

gal·li·mau·fry   –noun,

2. a ragout or hash. 

You had to look it up before you posted. No way you just had that word sitting in the old vocabulary just waiting to use it. Good one though.
The over used wildcat will be rendered ineffective as it was after our 8-0 starting QB was benched!

WMHawgfan

Couldn't come up with the whole slogan but something with "When Pel-phreyses over" in it would be pretty cool.

blueshog2001

How about "Pilfering with Pelphrey"? With all of the steals the press will create.GHG!!!

HOGansHero

John Futrall

Quote from: Hog Fan 51 on April 09, 2007, 01:41:03 pm
Quote from: mikeyg31 on April 09, 2007, 01:38:59 pm
40 minutes of Pel

That's my vote.

gal·li·mau·fry   –noun,

2. a ragout or hash. 

You had to look it up before you posted. No way you just had that word sitting in the old vocabulary just waiting to use it. Good one though.

Ha! you got me!  There's a "rhyming" dictionary that I found online. The internet can be pretty helpful sometimes :)

Hogeration

DrSwineESQ

BCRavens

Win with Schaeffer Twin
Cub Fan - Bud Man

Razorbacking02

"One and Done."

I have a bet going with my buddy that the new Arkansas AD will hire a  basketball coach, before he hires a football coach.

HogbyBirth

BigArkyintheRock

And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

BigArkyintheRock

And in the 10th year, the Razorback faithful finally fired Houston Dale Nutt! Preach this, brotha!

If you want to eliminate the mental mistake - FIRE HDN! WPS!

HOGansHero

:razorback: We're gonna beat the Pel  out of you!  :razorback:  da na na na na duh duh duh duh duh duh duh  :razorback:  (H) da na da na da na na (O) da na da na da na na (G)  da na da na na na na (S)

:razorback: We're gonna beat the Pel out of you!   :razorback:

hawgslop00

John Futrall

Quote from: HOGansHero on April 09, 2007, 02:56:33 pm
:razorback: We're gonna beat the Pel  out of you!  :razorback:  da na na na na duh duh duh duh duh duh duh  :razorback:  (H) da na da na da na na (O) da na da na da na na (G)  da na da na na na na (S)

:razorback: We're gonna beat the Pel out of you!   :razorback:

Will you quit it?!?!? Dana is not going to be our coach!! :) :)

Boss Hogg

Barman91

MountieDawg

SEC!

Annax10

Quote from: HOGansHero on April 09, 2007, 02:56:33 pm

:razorback: We're gonna beat the Pel out of you!   :razorback:

Yeah!!

PigKuneDo

Quote from: mikeyg31 on April 09, 2007, 10:54:11 am
Quote from: porkNjeans on April 09, 2007, 10:52:13 am
ask not for whom the pel tolls
it tolls for phrey.

Anytime you can do a play on words  with an Edgar Allen Poe reference, it's gotta be a good post!

Um... Wasn't that John Donne?

Just the same, awesome tie-in... :)

WPS!!

- Bert