Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville.net welcomes new basketball coach John Pelphrey

Started by Lanny, April 08, 2007, 10:34:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razors84

Welcome and WOO PIG!!
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

dmac_iz_kin

South Alabama was number 2 in scoring defense, second to only Middle TN state who was last in scoring offense. SA was 8th in scoring Offense which was about middle of the pack by the numbers.  SA's scoring margin was +3.9 third to only North Texas and Western Kentucky, 2 teams SA did beat both in overtime toward the end of the year.
7th in fieldgoal percent at .439, yet second in fieldgoal percent defense at .419 number 1 north texas was at .416.  SA is .363 in 3point percentage, 3rd in 3pointers made, only 2 teams attempted more and they had lower 3pt percentages.  Lead the league in 3point defense. 3rd in assists,second in steals, number 1 in turnover margin in the league and by far the best turnover to assist ratio at 1.12. they had the 3rd best attendance at home and on the road they were second in attendance by approximatly 25% greater than the average visiting team, (no calculator handy) leading one to think they played an exciting brand of ball that opposing teams fans wanted to come out and watch. 

Rebounding was possibly a little suspect ranking 7th and 8th in all categories out of 13 teams, as they averaged being outrebounded by 0.9 per game, but I think as hard as they played defense they might be able to survive

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4100&SPID=1825&SPSID=22331 

"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

southern hawg

Quote from: Hogback on April 08, 2007, 10:43:44 pm
40 Minutes of HELLPHREY!!!
This guy has felt the wrath of the original "40 minutes of hell" while playing at Kentucky.

nashvillescrapper

Quote from: uglyuncle on April 08, 2007, 10:42:51 pm
Welcome.

I believe in you.  Lets shock the world!
uglyuncle, before you sign up for Athletic Director at the University of Arkansas, you need to learn how to spell

southern hawg

Quote from: nashvillescrapper on April 08, 2007, 11:45:17 pm
Quote from: uglyuncle on April 08, 2007, 10:42:51 pm
Welcome.

I believe in you.  Lets shock the world!
uglyuncle, before you sign up for Athletic Director at the University of Arkansas, you need to learn how to spell
What's the problem?

hogwild6700

Two little mice fell in a bucket of cream. The first mouse quickly gave up and drowned. The second mouse, wouldn't quit. He struggled so hard that eventually he churned that cream into butter and crawled out. Gentlemen, as of this moment, I am that second mouse.

hawgsav1

Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

hawgslop74

congratulations coach p.
I will fully support you after 48 hrs. I just wanna make sure you aren't gonna go Altman on us.

AR_dustoff

Welcome Coach Pelphrey!

Go Hogs!

(btw learn to call the hogs before the press conference) :razorback:

Table Rocker

Quote from: hawgslop74 on April 09, 2007, 12:01:25 am
congratulations coach p.
I will fully support you after 48 hrs. I just wanna make sure you aren't gonna go Altman on us.

haha

chiefsfan

Quote from: AR_dustoff on April 09, 2007, 12:10:58 am
Welcome Coach Pelphrey!

Go Hogs!

(btw learn to call the hogs before the press conference) :razorback:

Please dont do it like Frank broyles either, that was as much of an embarassment as Altman trying it on for size.   Just hold your hands in the air yelling woo for a few seconds, then add a pig sooie.   Do it 3 times, and in the end yell razorbacks

its not that hard
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

PigWig

Welcome aboard Coach. I can't wait to see what you'll do with some SEC talent.

3kgthog

Quote from: hawgslop74 on April 09, 2007, 12:01:25 am
congratulations coach p.

Exactly. We should probably wait until Wednesday before we have a "Welcome" thread.

PiggoBitttys

Welcome Coach Pelphrey! Can't wait to see what you can do at the U of A!!!

GOTIGERS

Welcome Coach Pelphrey, we are really excited you are coming to Arkansas. We were almost worried that the new coach might cut in on local recruiting for the Tigers, but you have made it all better now that you accepted the Arkansas job. Good luck, and remember, 20+ win seasons and NCAA tournament births does NOT mean you have job security in Arkansas. You are going to need to be in the Elite 8 with a 28+ win season and an SEC regular season and tournament championship under your belt by the 2009 season, or you are fired. 

GO TIGERS!!!!

Hogberry Snortcake

quote author=GOTIGERS link=topic=130741.msg1973309#msg1973309 date=1176100793]
Welcome Coach Pelphrey, we are really excited you are coming to Arkansas. We were almost worried that the new coach might cut in on local recruiting for the Tigers, but you have made it all better now that you accepted the Arkansas job. Good luck, and remember, 20+ win seasons and NCAA tournament births does NOT mean you have job security in Arkansas. You are going to need to be in the Elite 8 with a 28+ win season and an SEC regular season and tournament championship under your belt by the 2009 season, or you are fired. 

GO TIGERS!!!!
[/quote]

Shouldn't you be on Beale robbing tourists? 

Good luck, Coach. 

94 Hawg

Be thankful we're not getting all the government we're paying for.
~ Will Rogers

An old hog fanatic

We've found a solid coach who wants to be here!  Welcome Coach Pelphrey.  Once you get to know us you'll like us...and once you win, we're going to like you too!
Winners never quit and bitchers do - Lanny

moley_russells_wart_hog

COACH!

just for the record at the press conference

its...

wooooo pig soooie,  woooooooo pig soooie, woooooooo pig sooooie razorbacks

OzarkHighs

Junkyard Hog

wirebender25

From a hog fan here in south Alabama.  Welcome and GO HOGS GO!

longtimeHogfan

Welcome, coach and thank you.  Plan on staying a while. :)
I don't like to plan my day because then the word premeditated comes into the conversation.

Spiral_cut

I cut myself shaving this morning wen I heard his name mentioned on the news. I remember when
he played @ UK, he was good. I am going to have to do some research on him before I give an
opinion on his hire.

Pork Twain

"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

quest4excellence

Welcome coach Pelphrey, lets go re-build this legacy.

Word to ya motha! -Vanilla Ice

DrSwineESQ

Welcome coach Pelphrey. I look forward to using more than 3 or 4 of my season tickets this year. 

Bgarbutt

Beinvenidos Senior Juan Pelphrey, Buen suerte, May you surprise the crap out of all of us.(not by leaving after 24 hrs we have already seen that one.)
We must all fear evil men.

But there is another kind of evil we must fear most.

And that is the indifference of good men.

The Name is Brian Garbutt and I stand by what I say

TomasPistola

Welcome to Arkansas. Please stay longer than 26 hours.
Quote from: Hog Momster on January 06, 2011, 09:45:30 pm
You were right.
Quote from: Breems on April 28, 2011, 05:58:14 pm
You did a great job.
Quote from: Verge on June 22, 2011, 08:44:20 am
If you have some form of mental retardation i will stop making fun of you, just want to clarify this first.

Tomhog™

Welcome, Coach P.  I hope you take us back to the top of the SEC and restore the fan base.  You have your work cut out for you.  Good luck may you have successful recruiting...

PorcineSublime

Sittin in the morning sun, I'll be sittin here when evening comes.

NuttSucks

elksnort

Quote from: Hogback on April 08, 2007, 10:43:44 pm
40 Minutes of HELLPHREY!!!
Ok, are you the first to say this. Because it is cheasy, but clever! +1 to you, regardless.

Bvilleboar

Welcome coach.  You will love it here.  Once a HOG always a HOG so get used to it quick. :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
2012 the year of the HOGS

Memphis Hog

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Welcome coach Pelphrey  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

LL COOL HOG

Ok coach please don't let Beverly leave.  Recruit some players that can shoot and play some D.

WPS!!!

Trying to give off good Karma.

taoteching

I am excited to have Coach John Pelphrey.  He is just what we need, someone who knows the SEC and plays with passion.  He wants to be here.

sowmonella

Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

Dugann

By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

deucea729

Welcome, Coach Pel!  We are excited to have your style back in Arkansas, and we look forward to your winning many games as HC here.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

deucea729

Quote from: Dugann on April 09, 2007, 08:51:54 am
I'm gong be sick.... this is a depressing day.

By the way, ignore all the detractors.  I'd guarantee they haven't seen a second of your teams' play, and they are just nervous because they don't know much about you.

Go Hogs, and show 'em why we hired you!

mattcoar

Pelphrey is a great coach, relentless recruiter and Heath was not chosen over Pelphrey at USF.  Pelphrey was their 1st choice and he turned them down.  He also turned down Ole Miss last year.  He was to be offered Florida if Billy D bolted.  He will be at UA as long as he wants and I  trust that will be for a long time!

deshahawg

I hope he doesn't jet when Gillespie hits the wall in kentucky in 4-5 years.

jdhoover

Don't mistake my support of the Razorbacks and their coaches with the acceptance of mediocrity.

TheHogFan

You give us just a little bit of hope and you will have a whole state behind you.

OzarkHighs

OneLardAlmighty

HotGrits

Welcome Coach Pelphrey! Looking forward to a great season of hard nosed 40 min basketball! Keep as far away from Houston as possible, everything he touchs goes sour  :D   GO HOGS GO!!!! :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
I\'m just a clever visual metaphor that personafies the concept of abstract thought.

latech_pilot

:razorback: Welcome to the Great State of Arkansas and the University of Arkansas, Coach Pelphrey. Good Luck and all the best! Lookin' foward to '40 minutes of HELL' GO HOGS :razorback: