Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogville.net welcomes new basketball coach John Pelphrey

Started by Lanny, April 08, 2007, 10:34:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rooka

Hogustus Caesar

"Mastering the art of discourse with the tenacity of a razorback and the eloquence of an emperor – HogustusCaesar, where discussions meet greatness."

ConHawg

I say welcome welcome and WPS!  I look forward to a turn around in the drama and the attitudes of our fan base.  Let's all be happy hogs again!

rljjr

Ftsmithmike

I just wish we could get a chance to see him coach our guys before anybody starts talking trash about him. I geuss some fans are so upset with Nutt they have begun to dislike the razorbacks program. Not all those who dont care for HDN but there is a bunch that is over doing it a bit. I for one hope good things will come to both programs. I am cheering for the Razorbacks no matter who the coach is. WPS
"Here a question arises: whether it is better to be loved than feared, or the reverse. The answer is, of course, that it would be best to be both loved and feared. But since the two rarely come together, anyone compelled to choose will find greater security in being feared than in being loved."

pigmania

bcdeputy

I'm VERY EXCITED ABOUT OUR NEW COACH.  I didn't know a darn thing about him,  but lots of positive things coming out. 

Smoke on the water

Welcome aboard, make us proud.  I am sure it is what you having been looking for.

MamaHogFan

Been a lurker here for months, guys, my hubby is Lanlord. 

I am thrilled with Pelphrey's hiring.  Go Hogs Go!!!!

MsNuttsandBolts

Coach Pelphrey,,,,,,,,,,Welcome to one of the greatest states,,,,,,,,I am so proud to be a HOGFAN and I hope you will be too. It is a beautiful thing! I was born in Texas, but coming here was the best thing I ever did. NW Arkansas is a really fun place to be. Joining the Razorback family has been one of the best experiences of my life. My other half graduated from the U of A and has a HOG tattoo'd on his leg. But ya know, that has nothing to do with why I love the HOGS. Its just about the passion. The passion on everyones faces at the games. The older folks that have been fans all their lives, and their children, and their children. How could anyone not want to be a part of that. Now,,,,,,,,,,I can call the HOGS with the best of em!!!!!!! And trust me,,,,,,you better learn it too!
MsNuttsandBolts   :@)

superjw

welcome to Fayetteville Coach Pelphrey :razorback: GO HOGS
The Law of Insanity is this - doing things the same way and expecting different results.

javajockey

Welcome Aboard!!!  Loved the press conf.  Pelphrey said all of the right things and actually was not lost when calling the hogs!!  I have hope. 

javajockey

Welcome Aboard!!!  Loved the press conf.  Pelphrey said all of the right things and actually was not lost when calling the hogs!!  I have hope.   :razorback:

Billy Boy

Houston Hater, this is a welcome post. If you can't say anything good on this post, don't say anything at all.
Welcome Coach Pelphrey!!!! GO HOGS!!!

Thermonuclearpig

Welcome, coach PELPHRY !!! I think you'll be one of the greatest coaches we will have had. Run the hell out of them hogs.

Nothin but love for ya.

oilman1

Welcome Coach!  Hope you have better success in keeping the team focused so that there are not the major letdowns we experienced this past season in KEY games.  May mean benching some players and playing those that really want to play!

Held Hawgstage

How did we go from Clyde Gillespie to Richie Cunningham? Only in Arkansas

Joe-T

Forget that Ky. blue you'll love and retire RAZORBACK red

slopinhogs

he said it wasn't Nolans 40 minutes of hell it was your mother in laws defence. you know constant pressing and harrasment. i like the guy

welcome Coach P.
win lose or tie i'll call the hogs till i die

jtownfan

I havent heard the terms and pay does anyone know? Im just curious.

KVHog

good luck Coach John...heres to a new era of HOGS basketball!!! wish  you and your young men all the best.

brutus

justonefan

Quote from: dmac_iz_kin on April 08, 2007, 11:40:45 pm
South Alabama was number 2 in scoring defense, second to only Middle TN state who was last in scoring offense. SA was 8th in scoring Offense which was about middle of the pack by the numbers.  SA's scoring margin was +3.9 third to only North Texas and Western Kentucky, 2 teams SA did beat both in overtime toward the end of the year.
7th in fieldgoal percent at .439, yet second in fieldgoal percent defense at .419 number 1 north texas was at .416.  SA is .363 in 3point percentage, 3rd in 3pointers made, only 2 teams attempted more and they had lower 3pt percentages.  Lead the league in 3point defense. 3rd in assists,second in steals, number 1 in turnover margin in the league and by far the best turnover to assist ratio at 1.12. they had the 3rd best attendance at home and on the road they were second in attendance by approximatly 25% greater than the average visiting team, (no calculator handy) leading one to think they played an exciting brand of ball that opposing teams fans wanted to come out and watch. 

Rebounding was possibly a little suspect ranking 7th and 8th in all categories out of 13 teams, as they averaged being outrebounded by 0.9 per game, but I think as hard as they played defense they might be able to survive

http://www.sunbeltsports.org/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=4100&SPID=1825&SPSID=22331

Thanks.  Excellent info.  If you'll recall Nolan's team weren't great rebounding teams either.  The fast transition style of play doesn't make for a lot of opportunities to get in position under the basket.  Go Hogs! ;D 

justonefan

[

In my lifetime, UA has hired Eddie Sutton (from tiny Creighton - worked out pretty well), then Nolan Richardson (from UTEP - two trips to natl championship, one title), then Stan Heath (from Kent State - not so great)!!!

Hey, get your history right.  Richardson was hired from Tulsa.

AirForceHog

I'm glad to finally have a coach with fire in his belly. Welcome to the University of Arkansas Coach Pelphrey.
If it turns, burns, banks or rolls, crew chiefs made it happen.

timmyhog

Quote from: justonefan on April 10, 2007, 05:22:08 am
[

In my lifetime, UA has hired Eddie Sutton (from tiny Creighton - worked out pretty well), then Nolan Richardson (from UTEP - two trips to natl championship, one title), then Stan Heath (from Kent State - not so great)!!!

Hey, get your history right.  Richardson was hired from Tulsa.

Wow, I'm sure glad you corrected me... you are right, of course, but my point remains the same... we tend to hire up and coming coaches from smaller, lesser known schools whose Bball history is... well... not famous!  in my mind, Tulsa is pretty much in the same league as all the other mid majors mentioned... :-)

PLAYBOAR

Hey Ref, does your wife know you're screwing us?

sugardaddy22008

Welcome im glad wee picked someone and even happier we got a coach that i believe in and everyone else so lets make this season count!!!! GO HOGS GO

crrazr05

Welcome to the HOG family Coach.

I'm cheerin' you and the team!!!

lilredheadedlady

Welcome Coach Pelphrey!  We're glad you're here. :)

Woo Pig Sooie!  Here's to a great bb season next year.  :razorback:
I love our Arkansas Razorback players! WPS!

rcowen

Hey coach glad to have ya! Welcome to Fayetteville. Come to my house for cheap bourbon!!

Hogtropolis™

Lady Hawg Buff

Welcome coach, heard a lot of great things about you as a coach, player and person and wish you the very best.

bonedoc

Hogpuddin

Welcome.  I am very pleased and impressed by your hire.

GO HOGS!!!!   :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

SwinedMelon

Welcome to the SEC, coach! And Welcome to Arkansas!
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

Hog-Laustin-Austin

Welcome Coach.

I'm most impressed by the homework you did prior to the press conference...  Damn, if Altman had done that kind of homework, I'd have been scared that he might have STAYED!
Doing my part to sort through all of this Bull in Austin, TX...

GO COACH P!!!

michael785

Welcome Coach Pelphrey.  We are very happy to have you.  Kick some butt!   :razorback:

UhOhioHog

Glad to have you Coach! 

Now go beat your Alma Mater!!!

Bottomfeeder

I am looking forward to seeing guards pass the ball & not live by 3 & see the center shoot a 12' even better like other teams shoot the 3. ready for next season.

jbcarol

Welcome Coach Pelphrey!!!

It feels good to no longer be the ex-Cat who is the biggest Hawg fan.  :)

Props to DoneWithDale and Mrs. jbcarol for being first on here to suggest and then call for your hire! 
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net