Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

***Official Dana Altman Press Conference Thread***

Started by Rooka, April 02, 2007, 04:54:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WestMemphisHogFan

He said, "I am 48 years old, and would like to finish my career at the University of Arkansas." 

I love it!

pneaville

God is a Razorback

Prosciutto

Looks like frank is sitting on White's lap.

I think he is. lol

hogfan333

I wasn't too excited ether, but from hearing him talk for the FIRST time, he left a good impression...

RocknRollRazorback

"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

strawhog

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on April 02, 2007, 05:29:03 pm
He said, "I am 48 years old, and would like to finish my career at the University of Arkansas." 

I love it!
that was pretty good

L.A.

Looked like McCurdy was one of the players there.  That surprises me.

joshog

Seems like a good humble down to earth guy...put alot of the spotlight on the players...i say let's give him a chance.

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: BartIV on April 02, 2007, 05:27:32 pm
He admits he is a boring coach. Thats perfect!!!

He was talking about his PERSONALITY not his coaching style.  He said that he presses, etc.  That's not boring.

U.P. HOGG

ilovepinebluff

Quote from: BartIV on April 02, 2007, 05:27:32 pm
He admits he is a boring coach. Thats perfect!!!

He said boring person, not coach. Big difference.

Lokirain

He didn't say much... said he'd like Arkansas to be his last coaching stop. Personally, I'd like for him to be the guy.
I have been brutal about this guy all day, but honestly, this is the only college team I will ever root for. It's just that I expect to be the best and at least get into the Final Four one day. But this has been a nightmare hire IMO. Some bottom tier coach has not gotten me fired up.

U.P. HOGG

Can't believe he said he wants to finish his carrer at the UofA.  Wow!

Ouachihog

Quote from: TRUHOG718 on April 02, 2007, 05:22:08 pm
He just called him the greatest coach in America... So why did you go after 5 other coaches.

Regardless of who we hired, he was going to be the greatest coach in america at the presser
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

hogansas

"You can't trust every quote you read on the Internet." - Abraham Lincoln.

Lokirain

Quote from: lower_arkansas on April 02, 2007, 05:30:14 pm
Looked like McCurdy was one of the players there.  That surprises me.

I think the possibility of playing time just increased for him with this hire.

jbfrye

Was it just me, or when the players stood up, Patrick was not there?

PLAYBOAR

He's well spoken and down to earth.  I like him.  We'll find out how good a coach he is next year.  We'll find out how good a recruiter he is based upon who stays on the team.
Hey Ref, does your wife know you're screwing us?

WestMemphisHogFan

Quote from: CardinalHog on April 02, 2007, 05:28:52 pm
Wow. Underwhelming. This is just sad to watch, it really is. There is no excitement.

I can't believe this.

Pretty exciting to me. I am pumped!!

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: jbfrye on April 02, 2007, 05:32:49 pm

I believe he was there on the very left side front row.

RocknRollRazorback

i didn't see him, but neither did i see hill. DTS said PB was shooting with the team today
"You're no rock and roll fun! Like a party that's over before it begun. You're no walk in the park- more like a shot in the dark with clues left for no one."

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: WestMemphisHogFan on April 02, 2007, 05:32:53 pm
Quote from: CardinalHog on April 02, 2007, 05:28:52 pm
Wow. Underwhelming. This is just sad to watch, it really is. There is no excitement.

I can't believe this.

Pretty exciting to me. I am pumped!!

I am too.  Can't wait to see 40 minutes of hell back in Fayetville. WPS!!

BossHog13

Was that a wake or a press conference? That was so sad. The looks on their faces reminded me of a funeral.

Killean

Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: RocknRollRazorback on April 02, 2007, 05:34:09 pm

no, but neither was hill it looked like. DTS said PB was shooting with the team today

Hill was at the very right of the screen, front row.

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: BossHog13 on April 02, 2007, 05:34:32 pm
Was that a wake or a press conference? That was so sad. The looks on their faces reminded me of a funeral.

Kind of like your Raiders!!   ;)

Ouachihog

He seems to be more upset about leaving his "friends in Omaha" than he is about coming here. 
"If I lived back in the wild west days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like "Hey, look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they had made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink."

"I hope if dogs ever take over the world, and they chose a king, they don't just go by size, because I bet there are some Chihuahuas with some good ideas."

RocknRollRazorback

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on April 02, 2007, 05:34:53 pm

no, but neither was hill it looked like. DTS said PB was shooting with the team today

he needs to grow his hair back so that i recognize him, STAT!

JeffSpicoli

bigempty402000

Can't wait to see if this guy climbs up Townes' A#@ when necessary

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: RocknRollRazorback on April 02, 2007, 05:35:43 pm

LOL

hoghevn

What did Dana mean when he said that Broyles told him he was staying on at the U of A in "some other" capacity??  Crap, I knew he wouldn't retire....  I'm tellin' you guys Broyles will run this thing from the grave.

Oliver

He's 7 foot tall. 

strawhog

Quote from: hoghevn on April 02, 2007, 05:36:53 pm
What did Dana mean when he said that Broyles told him he was staying on at the U of A in "some other" capacity??  Crap, I knew he wouldn't retire....  I'm tellin' you guys Broyles will run this thing from the grave.
thats been said all along

chiefsfan

Altman was very well spoken.  I just hope he didnt drive hill to the draft when he started talking about his teams taking alot of 3s

That will be great in a couple years, but as it is right now, Patrick Beverly is the only person on this team with a shot worth a mention.   Feed it inside to the big boys for 1 year, and then bring your own players in.  Lets hope it all works out

Any word on whether or not he is keeping our assistants, or bringing in new ones
Honor and Integrity no longer exist in the world of college football.  It is only filled with liar's cheater's, and traitors.

hogfan@heart

I am sure that I saw beverly. He was there

CardinalHog

As I have said, this is very underwhelming. He isn't too informed, and he seems apprehensive. The 6 Finals Fours, etc., stuff he is presenting in his comments was obviously force fed to him by UA officials. He keeps repeating it.

This is very low-key.

I understand that this is an "exciting time," but it just isn't being reflected by the announcement today in BWA.

L.A.

A number of players weren't there

BCRavens

One of the news guys, I think Mattingly (Sorry, I was flipping the channel back and forth) announced that Beverly was there, but that he had not seen Charles Thomas.
Cub Fan - Bud Man

MDH

Quote from: Oliver Miller on April 02, 2007, 05:37:00 pm

He's 7 foot tall. 
All those seven footers just look the same...
"Too many people have for too long placed too much confidence and trust in government and not enough in themselves.  Fortunately, many are now becoming aware of the seriousness of the gross mistakes of the past several decades.  The blame is shared by both political parties.  Many Americans now are demanding to hear the plain truth of things and want the demagoguing to stop.  Without this first step, solutions are impossible."  Ron Paul

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: lower_arkansas on April 02, 2007, 05:38:12 pm

How many players do you think a BB team has?  30.  Most of them if not all of them were there.

hoghevn

I know it's been metioned before, but it's official now.  I want to know what Broyles' meant by that.  What is he going to be doing?

RocknRollRazorback

i'm glad i got to see frank digging for nose gold

Ironhawg

I like what he had to say about good teams having a signature style.  I think that right there is the difference between Stan and Altman.  I never did figure out what Stan's signature style was supposed to be.  I'm kind of starting to get excited about seeing this guy's teams.

Smokehouse

Quote from: hoghevn on April 02, 2007, 05:40:00 pm
I know it's been metioned before, but it's official now.  I want to know what Broyles' meant by that.  What is he going to be doing?

He's staying on at a fundraiser capacity.
QuoteSometimes a warrior just has to lay down on the ground there for a minute and just have a good bleed. Just bleed.

Words of wisdom from John Pelphrey.

U.P. HOGG

Quote from: Smokehouse on April 02, 2007, 05:41:05 pm
Quote from: hoghevn on April 02, 2007, 05:40:00 pm

He's staying on at a fundraiser capacity.

A lot of post AD's stay on for fundraisers and fundraising.

Erockster20

Yeah I didn't see Beverly either.  I must admit this guy sounds like he is going to win here, but my heart did skip a beat when I didn't see PB.

pneaville

just said again he wanted to finish his career here---"only wanted to make one more move" wow i like that attitude!!!
God is a Razorback

dhornjr1

Quote from: U.P.  HOGG on April 02, 2007, 05:39:46 pm
Quote from: lower_arkansas on April 02, 2007, 05:38:12 pm

How many players do you think a BB team has?  30.  Most of them if not all of them were there.

Eight people stood up when Nail asked the players to get up and turn around. So four or five guys are not there. You really can't read too much into that right now, though.