Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Memphis Commercial Appeal Article

Started by metalsmythe, April 01, 2007, 03:45:25 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

missjtiger

actually...the reason the First 48 films alot in Memphis is because of one of the lead detectives. Tony is featured (A & E loves him) in almost every segment. He's pretty famous now and oh yea....he's a big tiger fan too ! Notice when they show him at his desk there is always a tiger poster there.

BigDeal

Quote from: UofMemphis on April 01, 2007, 04:48:05 pm

we own you in football...AND you can't even hire away Calipari.

UA is a TOTAL trainwreck.

Memphis is a  great city to live. Very rich culturally. If you can't appreciate that, its your loss.
I consider myself a Tiger BB fan. Having said that, the Football team is a joke and you know it. Don't even go there. Having said that, if Coach Nutt decides the leave the UA next year (due to a small number of very vocal unappreciative fans), I hope he can come to Memphis and coach. His recruiting ability and winning attitude can help turn that program around. Coach West just doesn't have what it takes to lead that team to the next level.

CalRejectsHogs

Quote from: Hog-fan-in-mizzou on April 01, 2007, 04:32:54 pm
This is a better picture of Memphis.

nice try but isn't that the place where you live???

HognotinMemphis

Some people are naive to such a high degree, I can still be amazed by it. To think the any coach would say, "yeah, I'm interested and we're talking" while they are talking with each other is stupidity at its finest. Haven't you seen this dance before?

I'm not saying Calipari is going to go to Arkansas but when they say they are not interested, it does not always mean they are not interested.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

clemensrules01

I think DMAC would have a good shot at beating the entire memphis team by himself.

I think memphis fans think they have a good basketball program after theyve had two good seasons against CUSA schools.

face it, your basketball and football programs suck. most of your fans are trash as evidenced by showing up on our boards to talk smack. your WNBA team, the grizzlies, are a disgrace to other WNBA franchises. there is hardly anything good about the u of memphis, academically or athletically. A couple of good seasons in basketball and a great RB on a sh$$$y football team does not change that.

go back to your message boards, little tigers. Arkansas is a real college.

daddyodewy

April 01, 2007, 08:18:48 pm #55 Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 09:02:13 pm by daddyodewy
nm

Porkestrator

Quote from: UofMemphis on April 01, 2007, 04:30:45 pm
Quote from: Table Rocker on April 01, 2007, 04:30:01 pm
Quote from: CalRejectsHogs on April 01, 2007, 04:28:46 pm

hey dippy, people on this board made those. you're not very bright are you?
so you can't even stand your own coach!

must SUCK to be a pig!

You are so smart MemphisState. At least we've been at the top in SEVERAL sports.

Memphis State history = 0 titles in any sport. PROVE ME WRONG

Porkestrator

Quote from: Hog-fan-in-mizzou on April 01, 2007, 04:45:53 pm
Sweet home Mempho

AHAHAHAHA

And tell those retarded Memphis headhunters to quit calling me. I will never work or live in Memphis... what a garbage can.

By the way... I was one of the many who NEVER wanted slimeball Crookipari.

You should ask yourself why he turned down the most prestigious coaching job in all of basketball...KENTUCKY.

The fact is he knows he couldn't hack the pressure of the SEC.

mapdude

Quote from: Hog-fan-in-mizzou on April 01, 2007, 04:12:10 pm

How are the juices in Orange Mound?

Don't know....call your momma and ask her....

Porkestrator

Quote from: UofMemphis on April 01, 2007, 04:30:45 pm
Quote from: Table Rocker on April 01, 2007, 04:30:01 pm
Quote from: CalRejectsHogs on April 01, 2007, 04:28:46 pm

hey dippy, people on this board made those. you're not very bright are you?
so you can't even stand your own coach!

must SUCK to be a pig!

It's not their fault. Memphis State is proud of their heritage:
0....ZERO...ZIPPO...ZILCH... TITLES IN ANY SPORT (not even ping pong)

WASAHAWG70

Memphis may be a ghetto but they still got Graceland and they still got a coach, Arkansas has JFB and HDN!

Porkestrator

mapdude

Quote from: jxhopper on April 01, 2007, 09:01:55 pm

You are so smart MemphisState. At least we've been at the top in SEVERAL sports.

Had to borrow this from one of the regulars on our board....

You asked for proof...

This shows clearly how Arkansas basketball has fallen apart and is now mid-major.

Arkansas men's basketball since the Hogs played in the National Championship Game in 1995

Season...Record...Postseason
1995-96...20-13...NCAA Sweet 16
1996-97...18-14...NIT Fourth Place
1997-98...24-9...NCAA Second Round
1998-99...23-11...NCAA Second Round
1999-00...19-15...NCAA First Round
2000-01...20-11...NCAA First Round
2001-02...14-15...None
2002-03...9-19...None
2003-04...12-16...None
2004-05...18-12...None
2005-06...22-10...NCAA First Round
2006-07...21-14...NCAA First Round

Arkansas men's basketball over the last 12 seasons
-Overall record: 220-159 (.580)...average record: 18-13
-NCAA Tournament appearances: 7
-NCAA Tournament wins: 4 (one Sweet 16)
-20-win seasons: 6
-Losing seasons: 3

All that money. All that tradition. All those fans. Only problem- so few wins.

Oh, and you guys make fum of Memphis.....have any of you been to Pine Bluff recently???????  That is a city I would really be proud of.....

Porkestrator

Memphis can't even afford their own facility.

They have to rent from the lowly Grizzlies...the doormat of the NBA. They lease it out to youguys because they don't make any money selling tickets.

Porkestrator

You forgot the title we had in 1994, Our football title, Our complete domination of Track, etc, etc.

Name 1 title you guys have ever one...just one.

EVER ...1 measely title. Where is it at...any sport....basket weaving even?

wirebender25

They won the car jacking championship in 1999.

Porkestrator

Wow Graceland, huh? That's a fine place.

Thermonuclearpig

Quote from: UofMemphis on April 01, 2007, 04:18:01 pm
LOL, orange mound...

try Chickasaw Gardens, maybe Galloway Gardens, Germantown, the South Bluffs, Harbor Town...

downtown Memphis: oh, the horror

THIS IS SO SAD!!! I LIVED IN MEMPHO FOR OVER 20 YEARS AND THE RIVERFRONT NEVER LOOKED THIS DOCTORED UP, OR GOOD! THIS PHOTO MUST HAVE CAME FROM THEIR TOURIST BOOTH FROM THE AIRPORT. SO SAD WHEN YOU HAVE TO DOCTOR UP A PHOTO TO MAKE IT LOOK LIKE SOMETHING OTHER THAN A GHETTO WAR ZONE...ISN'T FRAYSER JUST TO THE RIGHT AND A BLOCK DOWN FROM THIS? GERMANTOWN, ETC. ARE ALL FINE BUT THEY REFUSE TO BE A PART OF MEMPHIS..SO TECHNICALLY THEY AIN'T.  HOWEVER, WE HAVE MANY PLACES IN ARKANSAS THAT DO NOT NEED A PHOTO FACE LIFT TO SHOW THE NATURAL BEAUTY AS IT IS, WITHOUT THE BULLET HOLES. 
CAPILARI CAN CONTINUE TO STAY AT A MARGINAL CITY COLLEGE, IN A MARGINAL SOUTHERN CITY GONE GHETTO, AND PLAY IN A VERY MARGINAL CONFERENCE AND REAP THE MARGINAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS THAT HE WILL EVER ACHIEVE. THE ONLY THING GOOD ABOUT MEMPHO IS NORTHERN MISSISSIPPI.

Porkestrator

I'll admit, the last ten years have been hard times for us. We have Nolan to thank for that.

You guys have absolutely no tradition... in any sport.

Porkestrator

Thermonuclearpig

Quote from: jxhopper on April 01, 2007, 09:24:02 pm
Quote from: wirebender25 on April 01, 2007, 09:18:50 pm
They won the car jacking championship in 1999.

Classic answer!
Don't forget first place in the drive by relay.

secfan30

Quote from: mapdude on April 01, 2007, 09:13:42 pm

You asked for proof...

This shows clearly how Arkansas basketball has fallen apart and is now mid-major.

Arkansas men's basketball since the Hogs played in the National Championship Game in 1995

2001-02...14-15...None
2002-03...9-19...None
2003-04...12-16...None
2004-05...18-12...None

Oh, and you guys make fum of Memphis.....have any of you been to Pine Bluff recently???????  That is a city I would really be proud of.....

First making "Fum" of you is pretty easy and Secondly why on earth would you compare Memphis to Pine Bluff? Are you that ignorant? OK I will let everyone continue to make "Fum" of you.

TNPIG

It's great coming on here and watching the posters of this board go to Texags.com, talk trash to them because their coach is going to leave them for Arkansas, then watch the same posters eat crow. Now you guys go and talk trash on a Memphis board saying that Cal is coming to Arkansas, now all you can do is talk trash about the city of Memphis, and oh by the way....everyone hates Cal again. When are the Coach K rumors going to begin? I guess I'll check back next week for when you guys start talking trash to the mighty fans of Creighton. Hopefully, this coaching search will give all of you that big drink of reality that everyone on here needs. It is funny though!

Porkestrator

April 01, 2007, 09:37:53 pm #73 Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 09:41:09 pm by jxhopper
Quote from: mapdude on April 01, 2007, 09:13:42 pm

You asked for proof...

2001-02...14-15...None
2002-03...9-19...None
2003-04...12-16...None
2004-05...18-12...None

OK , statmaster....here's the "Tradition of Memphis basketball"

1986 lost to LSU in 2nd round
1987 did not make the tournament
1988 lost to Purdue in the 2nd round
1989 lost to Depaul in the 1st round
1990 did not make the tournament
1991 did not make the tournament
1992 totally spanked by Cincinnati in the final four
1993 lost to Western Kentucky  in the 1st round
1994 did not make the tournament
1995 lost to Arkansas in the elite 8
1996 lost to Drexel in the 1st round   snicker
1997 did not make the tournament
1998 did not make the tournament
1999 did not make the tournament
2000 did not make the tournament
2001 did not make the tournament
2002 did not make the tournament
2003 lost to Arizona State in the 1st round
2004 lost to OK State in the 2nd round
2005 did not make the tournament
2006 lost to UCLA in the elite 8
2007 lost to OSU in the elite 8

LOL see you feel pretty stupid right now.

By the way how many championships do you have?

Thermonuclearpig

Quote from: TNPIG on April 01, 2007, 09:36:16 pm
It's great coming on here and watching the posters of this board go to Texags.com, talk trash to them because their coach is going to leave them for Arkansas, then watch the same posters eat crow. Now you guys go and talk trash on a Memphis board saying that Cal is coming to Arkansas, now all you can do is talk trash about the city of Memphis, and oh by the way....everyone hates Cal again. When are the Coach K rumors going to begin? I guess I'll check back next week for when you guys start talking trash to the mighty fans of Creighton. Hopefully, this coaching search will give all of you that big drink of reality that everyone on here needs. It is funny though!
You mean, fummy, don't you? "It is fummy though".  Memphis and A&M have never done jack.  Arkansas compared to that crap is like talking about ice cream compared to darn.

Porkestrator

Don't worry Memphy State. There are a lot of 3rd tier teams that have never won an NCAA basketball championship.

Porkestrator

Here's another for you delusional Memphis State nuts:

Arkansas Accomplishments
National Championship
1 National Runner Up
Six Final Four appearances
Nine appearances in the Elite Eight
14 appearances in the Sweet 16
27 NCAA Tournament bids
39 NCAA Tournament victories
24 postseason tournament appearances since 1977
92 first-team all-conference selections
Named the eighth-greatest college basketball program of all-time by Street & Smith's Annuals in 2005

Porkestrator

Thanks for playing.

I state again. I never wanted Calipari. I would never want a coach that turned down Kentucky because he couldn't handle the pressure that comes with an elite SEC team. Plus he's as slimy as they come.

TNPIG

Quote from: Thermonuclearpig on April 01, 2007, 09:39:56 pm
Quote from: TNPIG on April 01, 2007, 09:36:16 pm
You mean, fummy, don't you? "It is fummy though".  Memphis and A&M have never done jack.  Arkansas compared to that crap is like talking about ice cream compared to crap.
I guess JFB should have used your "ice cream to crap" line before he got turned down by both coaches.

Blue35

Where is hell did all of these Memphis state people come from and why are they going crazy on this board. Speaks volumes about their character.  They are acting like nosey neighbors who have overstayed their welcome. They have absolutely no vested interest in the search for a Razorback basketball coach and quite simply it is none of their business.  Memphis state is a mid major in a second rate basketball conference in a very dirty, corrupt, rat infested, thug  run, nasty river town. I have never visited any of their messages boards and have no reason to do so. I wouldn't bother. It would serve no purpose.  The moderator should ban all of these  pimps from this board.  They contribute nothing.

Valerie

I have been reading this board for days BUT I live in NWA, I'm a RAZORBACK fan AND I love Arkansas!  What I have not done is go to some stupid Memphis website or some even more stupid Aggie website to spew crap about you and your team...so from a fan what usually keeps her mouth shut GO HOME!!!

HognotinMemphis

I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

eahog

Just to add some facts to the conversation.

This doesn't show info for Northwest Arkansas but it is interesting.

http://www.hopeccf.org/learn/documents/FBISTATISTICS_002.pdf