Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Nothing will happen until Kentucky names their coach

Started by SunriseHog, April 01, 2007, 03:15:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

SunriseHog

I know that some will laugh me to scorn, chastise me, call me a newbie(I'm 50), but.......Frank will be the one that comes out of this "smelling like a rose!"  Believe me, he did not come home from Atlanta with work undone!  And with Jimmy Dykes involved,  we are going to be proud of our new coach.Jimmy is one of the most energetic, young basketball minds in broadcasting today.  I would personally like to see Jimmy Dykes as our coach.  But...IMO, it will not be until after the NC and Kentucky's coaching job  is filled.  After that is done, then things will happen rapidly!    IMO

Someone please answer why Jimmy Dykes would choose to miss the  biggest weekend in college basketball by coming  back to Fayetteville with Frank.  If you noticed the film on Broyles getting off the plane....he seemed very relaxed.  Didn't he?

BTW....I am not a Frank "hugger" either!!
GO CARDINALS!! GO HOGS!!

SavageHog

Arkiebrian

What we know would suggest that you are right and I hope that you are.

UAfan

SunriseHog

GO CARDINALS!! GO HOGS!!

razorbacker80

SLC

I need your truthful reply - lie, I will know it... and death will be no respite.

deucea729

Quote from: RazorbackDude on April 01, 2007, 03:37:07 pm
IMO...just be patient and have a little faith.

Haha!  You said "patient."

This is Hogville, and we are not necessarily known for patience.  And very few keep the faith these days...

Rsvlhog

So you say frank is going to pull a rabbit out of his hat? I got news for you dude that aint no rabbit and that's not his hat he pulled it out of.
Quote from: threeNout

I still have images of JFB, holding a shotgun behind Altman, ala Deliverance,

"Go on boy, you call them Hogs, you call 'em good"

SunriseHog

GO CARDINALS!! GO HOGS!!

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: RazorbackDude on April 01, 2007, 03:15:05 pm
I know that some will laugh me to scorn, chastise me, call me a newbie(I'm 50), but.......Frank will be the one that comes out of this "smelling like a rose!"  Believe me, he did not come home from Atlanta with work undone!  And with Jimmy Dykes involved,  we are going to be proud of our new coach.Jimmy is one of the most energetic, young basketball minds in broadcasting today.  I would personally like to see Jimmy Dykes as our coach.  But...IMO, it will not be until after the NC and Kentucky's coaching job  is filled.  After that is done, then things will happen rapidly!    IMO

Someone please answer why Jimmy Dykes would choose to miss the  biggest weekend in college basketball by coming  back to Fayetteville with Frank.  If you noticed the film on Broyles getting off the plane....he seemed very relaxed.  Didn't he?

BTW....I am not a Frank "hugger" either!!

Of course he looked relaxed...He's 82 and hardly breathing...But I agree, you might have hit it on the head

HogginDaze

Nothing will happen until the UK job is filled, but that has nothing to do with that position, more with the general incompetence of Frank.

rude1

Oh yeah I see your point, after all this is Frank Broyles handling this. I can't think of any reason why that alone would make anyone nervous about this whole ordeal. So what if he has mishandled everything he has attempted to do over the last ten years. Look at it this way, he is due to get one right.....

HogginDaze

QuoteLook at it this way, he is due to get one right.....

I think that one right, was his retirement. We're f'ed.

jbcarol

Of course a few things have happened...

Donovan is still evasive after the Tuesday AM Champion Coach Press Conference.

Never knew that Gillispie had a love for the ponies (from Jerry Tipton):

"Gillispie, a former assistant for Bill Self at Tulsa and Illinois, is considered the personification of a coach married to his job. He's divorced with no kids, thus relatively free to move.

It's not known whether he would enjoy the celebrity that goes with being Kentucky coach.

Gillispie would enjoy one aspect of the Kentucky lifestyle. He's an avid horse-racing fan. He regularly attends the Kentucky Derby, and he made a winning bet on Lemons Forever (a 47-1 shot) in last year's Kentucky Oaks. He said his father used to take the family on once-a-year vacations to places that offered horse racing."

You know Pete Rose's dad took him to the track and that father-son bonding had a profound effect on the future Hall of Famer.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net