Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Ok Hogs - Memphis 101

Started by BOSSMAN, April 01, 2007, 01:25:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

bulldog04

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 01:42:27 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2820676
Holy Hell!  I bet I've seen this link posted no less than 20 times today.  It doesn't mean shiite execept that UA has been granted permission to talk to JC.  The rest of it is Andy Katz bullshiite.

Newport Hog

Memphis has only one thang good in it PP and aint it closed, it the trashes city next to NO and I think NO got yall beat now.  Memphis folks have lost their mind, when u shoot up a fire station your people and your city have lost yall mind.

Porkestrator

I've was in the FEDEX forum just a week ago when Kobe was dropping 60 on your crappy NBA team.

Porkestrator

Quote from: BearclawHogs44 on April 01, 2007, 01:49:03 pm
Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 01:34:24 pm
1. I Love me some Memphis - I would NEVER live in the sticks

2. No offer from ARK.  ;D

3. FEF make BW look like a Walmart

4. CAL will make $1.9 this year $2.0 next year and $2.2 in 2010. Then at the end of 2010 he gets $2.5 more.

5. Again Memphis is where my heart is. I never ever see any crime. I am sure you guys love ARK. the way we love Memphis. Lets just keep the Cities out of this.

6. Sporting News just reported Cal said No to Ark.........Sorry
;D

Having been to games at Fed Ex and BW I can say with reasonable certainty that there is no major difference in how nice the two arenas are.  But if I had to take my pick I'd take a rockin' BWA over an EMPTY Fed Ex any night of the week.

FIXED

BOSSMAN

You got to say FEF rules.

Come on some of you guys are just CRAZY.

It's over go get a coach. BTW why in the hell did you fire the one you had?

WADHOG

You bring that Memphis team and let them play in the SEC all year and they would go deeper if not all the way in the tourney.  We could hire Scott Edgar and get every recruit Memphis has.  The difference is getting to play in the SEC.  Like I said keep Calipari, but we are committed to winning, that's why we are in this situation.  When Calipari does leave you, and he will, do you think coaches will be knocking down the door to come in at Memphis??  I think not.

Porkestrator

I'm still waiting to hear a division 1 championship Memphis State has ever won....ANY SPORT???

Porkestrator

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 01:54:53 pm
You guys did read this right?

http://www.hogville.net/yabbse/index.php?topic=127696.0

"he would be a good coach but he would have to play against real teams.

He's got it pretty good there in mempho only having to play 2 real teams a year.

Sick of Frank offering the job to people who are not interested."

Yep... read it and agree.

Killean

I can think of 44 reasons that Arkansas is better than Memphis State.

Memphis is also always going to be the #2 university in your state.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

BOSSMAN

I think we have won 12 in racquet ball

Does that count?

Now I am waiting to hear why you guys fired the coach you had?

cosmodrum

There are three, and only three reasons to go to Memphis.

1) The Rendevous
2) Central BBQ
3) Memphis in May
Go away, batin'

Doyle Hograves

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 01:25:32 pm
1. Jimmy Sexton is not CAL's agent.

2. We have much better facilities than you do.

3. We will be a top 5 team next year.

4. People close to Cal and now Cal say NO to ARK.

5. There was no offer of $2 to $2.5 you guys and other blogs just threw out a number.

6. ESPN and the CA said Cal said thanks but no thanks.

7. Over the next 3 year he will make an avg. of $2.65 from us.

8. I love Memphis I have lived here for 30 years and would live nowhere else! I feel safe as can be!

Boys just get a grip and move on. Hey we have been to the bottom of the mountain. It sure looks better up here on the top.

And your POS excuse of a football team got beat by the third best football team in Arkansas.
***Proud Champion of the Tavern's March Maddest 2021 Tournament***

Quote from: Throwback1 on May 07, 2008, 02:11:15 pm
topic says "President"..I can assure you he knew what he was typing.

Porkestrator

Because we refuse to settle for mediocrity.

Racquetball....eh?

(Chuckles)

milehipig

Quote from: jxhopper on April 01, 2007, 01:59:33 pm
Because we refuse to settle for mediocrity.

Racquetball....eh?

(Chuckles)
you're awesome ! good.. really good

Killean

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 01:58:19 pm
I think we have won 12 in racquet ball

Does that count?

Now I am waiting to hear why you guys fired the coach you had?

According to the NCAA sports website..

You guys have zero championships in Division 1.  I'll take their word over yours :P

Face it, your school is always going to be third rate, fighting to be a 2nd rate university.  We're in the SEC.  You guys can't even get a sniff of a BCS conference.  They took all the good schools in your conference but didn't want you.
Everyone is born with the right to exist. When you become a Nazi you give up that right.

BOSSMAN

But you have been mired in mediocrity since what 1997.

Why change now?

woooooopig

2. No offer from ARK.  ;D

4. CAL will make $1.9 this year $2.0 next year and $2.2 in 2010. Then at the end of 2010 he gets $2.5 more.

5. Again Memphis is where my heart is. I never ever see any crime. I am sure you guys love ARK. the way we love Memphis. Lets just keep the Cities out of this.

;D
Seriously......seriously......seriously?????

You have a lot of valid points Bossman. But don't bring your "my city is better than your city bs" or "our facilities are better than your facilities". I lived in Memphis for two years. In that time.....my apartment was broken into twice, and my roommates car was carjacked right in front of her. You can't go downtown without getting hit up for money numerous times, and at one point I think that you all were #1 in grand theft auto. The last time I checked the Fayetteville area was ranked #1...#1....#1.....in places to live in the WHOLE UNITED STATES. Great quality of life, low crime rate, low cost of living, plentiful jobs, beautiful scenary. I am not even going to comment on the facilities comment. Ya'll don't even own yours. Don't embarrass yourself with a comment like that. Geeez.

Porkestrator

milehipig

DId they change the name from Memphis State becasue they were tired of being called a Votech school?

superjw

April 01, 2007, 02:02:48 pm #70 Last Edit: April 01, 2007, 02:13:24 pm by superjw
Memphis 101?  No thanks - we're beyond thug ed - I bet your view from CUP CAKE MOUNTAIN is spectacular - well, I better let you and coachie poo get back to playing in the icing and eatin' sprinkles - bye bye - enjoy Ignoreville - it's real quiet there this time of year...
The Law of Insanity is this - doing things the same way and expecting different results.

Porkestrator

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 02:02:10 pm
But you have been mired in mediocrity since what 1997.

Why change now?

Your school has never even been considered "mediocre". Even basketball teams that should have been great have been serious underachievers.

Remember Drexel....95/96?   hee hee

Killean

Well, if New Orleans is the *** of the United States, I guess that makes Memphis the colon.

deshahawg

He sure can beat up on Conference USA teams, but I'm not so sure how he would do in a real conference.

hair of the hog

I feel safe in Memphis too , over in Germantown , How about you take a stroll down around the Memphis campus and the surrounding area late on friday night.........tell me how safe ya feel then

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 01:25:32 pm
1. Jimmy Sexton is not CAL's agent.

2. We have much better facilities than you do.

3. We will be a top 5 team next year.

4. People close to Cal and now Cal say NO to ARK.

5. There was no offer of $2 to $2.5 you guys and other blogs just threw out a number.

6. ESPN and the CA said Cal said thanks but no thanks.

7. Over the next 3 year he will make an avg. of $2.65 from us.

8. I love Memphis I have lived here for 30 years and would live nowhere else! I feel safe as can be!

Boys just get a grip and move on. Hey we have been to the bottom of the mountain. It sure looks better up here on the top.

Go sell crazy somewhere else , we are all stocked up around here

SultanofSwine

Bossman, you do realize that FEF is not a university facility right? You do realize that you don't have an on campus facility right? Can't afford one? Affraid the bricks would get stolen faster than they could haul in new ones? UM does not even begin to rival Arkansas in facilities primarily because the UM has no facilities.

BOSSMAN

My points were you guys were talking like we are not a major force in college basketball.

We have been since the 50's and we will always be.

If you hired Cal we would hire Nolan or Anderson and let the War begin.

We would love to be in the SEC...you are right it is the be all end all of college sports.

If you know where we can get an invitation let me know.

redbug56

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 01:37:19 pm
I really hope we are not.

We are 66-7 the last 2 years.

You guys fired the coach you should have kept.

;)

if we played in the conference usa we might be 66-7 too.

Porkestrator

Face it. Your coach WANTS to be in a cupcake conference where he can skate through the regular season with a lot of phantom wins. Then he can make the tournament where he will never win a championship because there is always real competition there.

WHy else would he turn Kentucky down...the most prestigious but pressure-filled job in all of basketball?

Arkiebrian

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 01:42:27 pm
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2820676
That's the same old stuff that's been around for 24 hours or so.  Of course a "source close to the Tigers" says there is "nothing there."

What do you expect that source to say?

hair of the hog

When the SEC invited Arkansas they looked at Memphis , they looked right past the ghettos and the slime and the filth and saw the hogs ;)

And Memphis isnt a powerhouse in anything but crack and ho's

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 02:06:36 pm
My points were you guys were talking like we are not a major force in college basketball.

We would love to be in the SEC...you are right it is the be all end all of college sports.

Porkestrator

OK forget winning a championship in basketball...how many finals games have you been in?

BOSSMAN

You don't understand all the kids now WANT to play in an NBA arena.

You should see our locker room there. It has a lap pool.

The Finch practice facility is one of the best in the country.

I will put our facilities up ageist anybody.

Killean

I apologize, you guys have truly been a major farce in basketball since the 50's

milehipig

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 02:09:55 pm

Our facilities?  We dont need a practice facility.. We OWN our arena.. goodbye.

Porkestrator

THen why do all REAL basketball schools own their own facility?

Answer:

Because they can AFFORD to.

SultanofSwine

You mean the facilities you rent, right?

Arkiebrian

Quote from: Killean on April 01, 2007, 02:05:04 pm
Well, if New Orleans is the *** of the United States, I guess that makes Memphis the colon.
OMG...I lauged out loud at this one...

hair of the hog

hahah Memphis having a NBA team
The grizzlies are nothing but a practice squad for the rest of the NBA to get in extra practices

milehipig

and pad the players stats for fatter contracts .. ha

Porkestrator

You will never be even sniffed in a conversation as a great basketball school until you sniff a championship.

BOSSMAN

Yea but they are our practice squad.

Who is going to coach you guys Altman............... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Killean

Major accomplishments in Memphis State history:

1973, Lost to UCLA in the title game.
1985, Made the final 4.

UofMemphis

what a bunch of retards...you just wish you could have our coach...2 million dollars isn't even enough to get someone to coach UPigg.

me :puke:UPigg

your program is cooked!
memphistigers.org <--- memphis message board.

UroHog

2. No offer from ARK.  ;D

;D

"Never see any crime"?!?!

Are you fricking kidding me?
I work at the MED.  Every day knife stab wounds and gunshot wounds to every part of the body imaginable; VERY brutal stuff, and not for the faint-of-heart.
Crime is EVERYWHERE, at least in downtown and midtown.

Two weeks ago, a woman CARRYING A BABY carjacked someone that stopped to help her out.
http://www.wreg.com/global/story.asp?s=6217599

Someone else got carjacked and killed near Mud Island.
http://www.commercialappeal.com/mca/local/article/0,2845,MCA_25340_5388756,00.html

Even in Cordova, a seemingly safe area, there are an increasing number of home invasions.
http://www.wmctv.com/global/story.asp?s=6236090

Memphis is the #3 most dangerous city of over 1/2 million people (behind Detroit and Baltimore), and the 2nd most dangerous metro area (note Pine Bluff is #3, just for fairness' sake)
http://www.morganquitno.com/cit07pop.htm#25

You can defend this craphole of a city till you're blue in the face, but if you SERIOUSLY say that there is NO CRIME, you lose ALL CREDIBILITY.

On a more relevant note, Cal does not seem like the type of guy that could appreciate NWA; he seems like a city type of guy, not a suburban dude.  I doubt he'll come, but I am not sure he's the right guy for us anyway.

daddyodewy

I married a girl from Arkansas and she told me the state motto is "The Land of Opportunity". She took that to mean that first opportunity...............you get out.

I hope you get a good coach and I'd love to see you  play us in basketball.....but first i believe there's a little football game your university needs to make good on.

And lastly...............Cal isn't going any where. At least this year.

milehipig

what a bunch of retards...you just wish you could have our coach...2 million dollars isn't even enough to get someone to coach UPigg.

your program is cooked!

We back up our arguments with facts.. all they can do is post a pic of a barbecue.. They got ous guys .. lets give up.. good lord .

BOSSMAN

I am sorry I thought we were talking about a coach here.

My bad. Since all you can do is put down my city I will say shame on you.

I live in a big city. I can hack it here. There is crime but there is crime in every big city.

I am not afraid to live here at all. I not one of these guys who say I lived in Memphis for a year. I can make it here.

If you want to talk about out GREAT coach that you want so bad go ahead. If not....fine as well

milehipig

Quote from: BOSSMAN on April 01, 2007, 02:19:41 pm
I am sorry I thought we were talking about a coach here.

My bad. Since all you can do is put down my city I will say shame on you.

I live in a big city. I can hack it here. There is crime but there is crime in every big city.

I am not afraid to live here at all. I not one of these guys who say I lived in Memphis for a year. I can make it here.

If you want to talk about out GREAT coach that you want so bad go ahead. If not....fine as well

Do you have her phone number?

Porkestrator

Quote from: UofMemphis on April 01, 2007, 02:14:46 pm

your program is cooked!

Pay attention, simpleton.....

I don't want your coach because he fears competition... see the reason why he declined the Kentucky offer.

He is comfortable in the Crap of USA conferance.