Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kruger has turned us down

Started by Jim Harris, March 30, 2007, 10:55:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jim Harris

"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Quote from: drakehog on March 30, 2007, 10:55:19 am
per my sources.
I don't know what's more upsetting, that we even offered him the job or that he turned us down.

hoginsanfran

Wow.

Why?  Waiting on another job?

hoginsanfran

Quote from: Karma on March 30, 2007, 10:56:10 am
per my sources.
I don't know what's more upsetting, that we even offered him the job or that he turned us down.

Ditto.

HarrisonHog

per my sources.

agreed

hogblade

per my sources.

It upsets me more that we offered him the job!! Hire Anthony Grant!

razorbackntexas

We didn't really offer him the job did we? I'd rather us pay heath 2 mil to coach us than pay him anything.
Quote from: losthawg68 on June 03, 2010, 02:26:15 am
This dude has some superhot friends and his girl is also in the upper echelon of scenery.

Mork

WADHOG

Winner

The real Hogules

per my sources.

I can only speak for myself, but I know which of those two disturbs me the most!

Whoever brought up the idea of hiring caveman Kruger ought to be excommunicated from the athletic department, IMHO!
Bobby's back and he ain't here to paint!

darth sooie

March 30, 2007, 11:02:32 am #11 Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:05:46 am by darth sooie
Good, figures the PTB that be would frick it up by 1) offering him the job 2) having him turn it down, which excellent news in any event. Let's see if i were gonna guess at more boneheaded moves, the ptb  will probably hire altman, , rick m.,  or even better hamilton from flordia state, than flordia state will hire Anthony grant and we can watch him turn flordia state into another flordia.

TorsinAHog

Ive learned that hogville "sources" mean nothing.  Sorry Drake.   
To borrow from Mark Twain, there are three kinds of lies:
lies, darned lies, and the UA Athletic Department.

http://foas.us/images/sigs/hamilton.jpg

Smithian

I really was hoping we didn't get him.

It brightens my day that yet another guy said no.

hogblade

Lon Kruger is not the direction i want my program to go with a quick fix that would leave as fast as he came here. he has raved and raved about how much he loves living in Vegas because he and his wife love going to the shows. What shows would he be going to here. he would be here for the money that is it.

hogblade

Spiral_cut

I would rather have a mid major up & comer than Kruger. Looks like i might get my wish!

Juboar

Thats strike four for Frank-
Mid Major here we go again. 

Ray$

3kgthog

LMAO Ha ha ha ha ha ha. What did we really expect with the old man trying to make the deals? He needs to swallow his pride and stop going after coaches at bigger programs. The only chance JFB has is if he goes the mid-major route.

Did we offer him the job and he turned us down, or did he turn down the opportunity to speak with us?

WADHOG

I'm sorry but I can't picture Frank Broyles going through a list with phone in hand offering jobs.  The man isn't what he once was, but come on.  How are all these people being offered jobs??

rasorback4life

The circus goes on and on and on......

Shouldn't they have left town by now.
Mediocrity Rules!!!

kosherHog

Quote from: hogblade on March 30, 2007, 11:03:10 am
he has raved and raved about how much he loves living in Vegas because he and his wife love going to the shows. What shows would he be going to here. he would be here for the money that is it.

Please - we all know Branson shows easily rival Vegas shows.  I never tire of seeing that Osmond brother.

Oliver

per my sources.

Yes

bhuie

Good.  I didn't want Kruger.  Looks more and more like another mid-major for us.  If that's the case, let's hire Anthony Grant or Reggie Theus and be done with this circus...

pujolstain

And Gillispie is a done deal...right.

hogwildinhouston

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 30, 2007, 11:03:05 am
Hire Majerus. Even if he's only around a few years he will make us a Top 10 program again for the next guy

As USC found out, he may only be around a few weeks.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Drake, per your sources has Floyd been offered and/or turned us down.  Thanks
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

JDW-20

I'll take the job right now for 100,000.

fu-man-soo

March 30, 2007, 11:13:01 am #30 Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:14:55 am by fu-man-soo
im not buying this sorry.

but if kruger did deny us you cant blame him for wanting to stay with his son

Man_O_Pork

Probably waiting for his chance to get to the NBA and see how he can do there...oh wait...the hawks...

WILL CLINTON

Have you pm'd a mod with your sources??

This would be hilarious if it wasn't happening to the team I love and have loved for over 25 years. 

So sad.....
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

hoghogg

If that is true that we offered him the job I am dumbfounded.  What is JFB thinking, Lon fricking Kruger?  Come on.  If this is what it is coming to, why would we not hire Anthony Grant?  What the hell is going on?

However, I must say I do not find this credible, especially if he turned it down.

Hogtropolis™

Anyone who was on the Hire Lon Krueger bandwagon is welcome hop on the HIRE ANTHONY GRANT bandwagon!

Hogtropolis™

Hogtropolis™

Quote from: Mystery Legs™ on March 30, 2007, 11:12:15 am
Quote from: TorsinAHog on March 30, 2007, 11:03:01 am
Ive learned that hogville "sources" mean nothing.  Sorry Drake.   

You might as well leave this board if you don't buy what Drake is throwing out there.  Of all the people to discount, he isn't one of them. 
If you've been around here long enough, you would know who has real sources and who doesn't.  Drake has real sources!

weresoclose

Once again, not surprising.  Why would you leave UNLV to come to Arkansas???

Dude just got there, his son's on the team, IT"S VEGAS BABY!, and he's right there close to everything happinin'.  Who would ever think he would come here anyway>>>

We have got to stop being so arrogant.  COACHES DO NOT WANT THIS JOB!!!  Gillispie turning us down spoke VOLUMES about how our program is viewed.  Plus we're not going to pay 2 million, which is what it would take for a decent coach to leave somewhere nice just to come to Green Acres Arkansas.  That's the way they view us, and perception is reality.

We are going to get stuck with a mid level mid major.  That's why I'm promoting Dana Altman, since we probably couldn't even get Lowery--once again why would he come to this side-show Athletic Dept?

Donald Miller

March 30, 2007, 11:24:35 am #38 Last Edit: March 30, 2007, 11:27:36 am by Donald Miller
Quote from: weresoclose on March 30, 2007, 11:22:12 am
Once again, not surprising.  Why would you leave UNLV to come to Arkansas???

Dude just got there, his son's on the team, IT"S VEGAS BABY!, and he's right there close to everything happinin'.  Who would ever think he would come here anyway>>>

We have got to stop being so arrogant.  COACHES DO NOT WANT THIS JOB!!!  Gillispie turning us down spoke VOLUMES about how our program is viewed.  Plus we're not going to pay 2 million, which is what it would take for a decent coach to leave somewhere nice just to come to Green Acres Arkansas.  That's the way they view us, and perception is reality.

We are going to get stuck with a mid level mid major.  That's why I'm promoting Dana Altman, since we probably couldn't even get Lowery--once again why would he come to this side-show Athletic Dept?
His son is a senior I believe so that shouldn't have any bearing on his decision.  I think he's in the mid $700,000 range.  I'm shocked that if we offered a big bump he wouldn't even consider it. 

Dugann

I feel a mid major coming on think I'm going be sick
By Gosh He Didn't Come Back To PAINT!!!!

Jim Harris

Quote from: razorbackntexas on March 30, 2007, 10:58:32 am
We didn't really offer him the job did we? I'd rather us pay heath 2 mil to coach us than pay him anything.

Our intermediary ran it by him, that's all I know.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

sneakybeats

good, we don't want him anyway.  Anthony Grant is the answer.  :razorback:
Nolan started a basketball revolution.

Polamalufan

per my sources.

no kidding.  stan was better than kruger. 

J Man

Blevohog24

per sources?   I thought this board, as a whole, has learned this lesson???

Boardon Hamsay

Quote from: hogwildinhouston on March 30, 2007, 11:12:04 am
Hire Majerus. Even if he's only around a few years he will make us a Top 10 program again for the next guy

As USC found out, he may only be around a few weeks.

yeah, especially if he keeps asking about the "best burger in town".
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

BCShogs

I agree. That guy is a basketball genius.

GotPig?

At this rate, my optimism is fading, and I'm afraid we're looking at Nelson Catalina or Dana Kirk.   :-[

d1nonlyhogfan

Now we see who Nutt learned his recruiting tactics from.
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it." -- Lou Holtz

"I have yet to be in a game where luck was involved. Well-prepared players make plays. I have yet to be in a game where the most prepared team didn't win." -- Urban Meyer

Jim Harris

Quote from: GotPig? on March 30, 2007, 12:20:20 pm
At this rate, my optimism is fading, and I'm afraid we're looking at Nelson Catalina or Dana Kirk.   :-[

Maybe Larry Finch, if he could fit through the door, might give the job a look. ;D