Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Here is an example of why Nolan will never coach at the Div 1 level again

Started by HognotinMemphis, March 27, 2007, 07:40:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

jamie72921

Quote from: redbug56 on March 28, 2007, 12:01:50 am
Quote from: jamie72921 on March 27, 2007, 11:57:11 pm
Quote from: redbug56 on March 27, 2007, 11:50:17 pm

so just becuase he tells you whats on his mind that makes him a good person. he quit the job 2 years before he was fired. if racism is giving a man millions of dollars to coach basketball then bring on the racism towards me. i think im ready

No, the racism is referring to the coach you are paying as a nagger in front of boosters.

Sounds like you would be cool with that anyway, Hitler.

i know racism is a bad thing and that it happens.  but if racism is paying a man while he sits on his ranch while doing nothing but bad mouthing us, bring it.  moron

That is called contract law, Little Adolph, not charity!
Bless your heart

ishankem

so just becuase he tells you whats on his mind that makes him a good person. he quit the job 2 years before he was fired. if racism is giving a man millions of dollars to coach basketball then bring on the racism towards me. i think im ready

No, the racism is referring to the coach you are paying as a nagger in front of boosters.

That is a big accusation there buddy.  I don't believe it.  And, exactly how did Frank mistreat Nolan while his daughter was ill?  My memory is a little fuzzy.  Details please

Temprees

Quote from: Pork Salad Annie on March 27, 2007, 11:58:28 pm
There is a reason Nolan has never been offered a job by any college, never offered a job by any NBA team: everybody knows he is a powder keg of boiling hatred, just waiting to explode and destroy any program he's employed by.

Atlanta Hawks were interested in pursuing Nolan at one time, but Nolan told them he was not interest, just like he did Ohio State.

redbug56

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 28, 2007, 12:03:03 am

i know racism is a bad thing and that it happens.  but if racism is paying a man while he sits on his ranch while doing nothing but bad mouthing us, bring it.  moron

we have seperate opinions. we'll have to accept that. i believe he's a loud mouth who thinks if you look at him crosseyed your racist. well i believe that goes both ways. i believe when everything that comes out of your mouth talks about how your mistreated for you color, and everything that goes wrong has to be because of you color, then maybe you need to look at yourself really hard. maybe your the one with the problem. too late to be arguing over a loud mouth, racist pig.

ishankem

Quote from: Temprees on March 28, 2007, 12:10:00 am
Quote from: Pork Salad Annie on March 27, 2007, 11:58:28 pm
There is a reason Nolan has never been offered a job by any college, never offered a job by any NBA team: everybody knows he is a powder keg of boiling hatred, just waiting to explode and destroy any program he's employed by.

Atlanta Hawks were interested in pursuing Nolan at one time, but Nolan told them he was not interest, just like he did Ohio State.

I wonder how many offers he got after ole Mount Vesuvius exploded on tv?

Pork Salad Annie

Not one team in this country, college or NBA, has offered Nolan a job since his hate-filled public self destruction at Arkansas.

Nobody wants any part of Nolan, and Frank does'nt control every college and NBA team in the United States.

:razorback:

jamie72921

Quote from: ishankem on March 28, 2007, 12:06:11 am

That is a big accusation there buddy.  I don't believe it.  And, exactly how did Frank mistreat Nolan while his daughter was ill?  My memory is a little fuzzy.  Details please

You don't believe what both Broyles and Chancellor White had to corraborate under oath in testimony at Nolan's trial. It's a fact and a matter of permanent court record, substantiated in a court of law "buddy". Broyles did indeed refer to Nolan in such terms in public forums "buddy".

Sports Illustrated did an entire story on the treatment of Nolan during his first season here. Perhaps you should read it.
Bless your heart

jamie72921

Quote from: Pork Salad Annie on March 28, 2007, 12:14:57 am
Not one team in this country, college or NBA, has offered Nolan a job since his hate-filled public self destruction at Arkansas.

Nobody wants any part of Nolan, and Frank does'nt control every college and NBA team in the United States.

:razorback:

Teams have inquired at different times despite your head in the sand views.

The NBA quit calling after about 92. I can't think of anyone offering John Thompson, Denny Crum, or Jon Cheyney lately either. Could it be, because they are all old, just like Nolan.
Bless your heart

redbug56

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 28, 2007, 12:15:56 am

You don't believe what both Broyles and Chancellor White had to corraborate under oath in testimony at Nolan's trial. It's a fact and a matter of permanent court record, substantiated in a court of law "buddy". Broyles did indeed refer to Nolan in such terms in public forums "buddy".

Sports Illustrated did an entire story on the treatment of Nolan during his first season here. Perhaps you should read it.

well then maybe he should pout and quit. oh wait he already did, i forgot.

jamie72921

Quote from: redbug56 on March 28, 2007, 12:19:34 am

We all know your hooded, er, I mean veiled views, Hitler.

Bless your heart

aloha_kid

This would probably be better for Mike to answer, because I am sure he remembers better than I do.  I was overseas in Guam while all this was going on.  What I do remember was that Nolan was playing with Eddies players (Nolans Style) and most folks didn't like it.  So Frank was making negative comments about the state of the program etc.. all the while Yvonne was battling leukemia..

http://cbs.sportsline.com/collegebasketball/story/7206850

redbug56

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 28, 2007, 12:22:16 am

yeah i have to be, i mean i dont like nolan, i have to be racist. I BET NOLAN DONT LIKE ME. is he racist?

redbug56

Quote from: aloha_kid on March 28, 2007, 12:24:15 am

This would probably be better for Mike to answer, because I am sure he remembers better than I do.  I was overseas in Guam while all this was going on.  What I do remember was that Nolan was playing with Eddies players (Nolans Style) and most folks didn't like it.  So Frank was making negative comments about the state of the program etc.. all the while Yvonne was battling leukemia..

i agree he probably should have been easier on him when that was going on. no one should have to go through that. i felt terrible for nolan. but that doesnt make him racist. all im saying is if he was racist he wouldnt have hired him in the first place.

WILL CLINTON

Quote from: redbug56 on March 28, 2007, 12:13:08 am
Quote from: jamie72921 on March 28, 2007, 12:03:03 am

i believe he's a loud mouth who thinks if you look at him crosseyed your racist.

No, he believes that when a white southern idiot calls him a N***er to their peers, he thinks they're a racist.  moron. 
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

jamie72921

Quote from: redbug56 on March 28, 2007, 12:24:33 am

yeah i have to be, i mean i dont like nolan, i have to be racist. I BET NOLAN DONT LIKE ME. is he racist?

You are. You know you are.

Why are you whining?
Bless your heart

aloha_kid

i know racism is a bad thing and that it happens.  but if racism is paying a man while he sits on his ranch while doing nothing but bad mouthing us, bring it.  moron

If it happens... well it happened:

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/sec/2004-05-06-broyles-slur_x.htm
http://www.arsnonline.com/index.php?name=News&file=article&sid=603

redbug56

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 28, 2007, 12:28:25 am

You are. You know you are.

Why are you whining?

no one's whining. nolans gone so this is all stupid to be arguing. im done because you'll never convince me and i'll never convince you. its pointless.

WILL CLINTON

Have you ever referred to a black person as a N***er??  Then he doesn't like you if you have.  He didn't have a problem with the white race, he had a problem with the small, ignorant, close minded group of white people who still thought this was the 50's and since they paid him they could treat him like Shiite and call him any name in the book. 

How would you look on fans if they called you a N***er while you were coaching your heart out and your daughter was dying, douchebag???
There is no sacred ground for the conquered.

redbug56

Quote from: dubyacee on March 28, 2007, 12:30:32 am

Have you ever referred to a black person as a N***er??  Then he doesn't like you if you have.  He didn't have a problem with the white race, he had a problem with the small, ignorant, close minded group of white people who still thought this was the 50's and since they paid him they could treat him like Shiite and call him any name in the book. 

How would you look on fans if they called you a N***er while you were coaching your heart out and your daughter was dying, feminine toolbag???

it goes both ways. you think he's ever referred to a white person as a lets see "white haired devil". yeah i think he has.

jamie72921

Quote from: redbug56 on March 28, 2007, 12:26:50 am

i agree he probably should have been easier on him when that was going on. no one should have to go through that. i felt terrible for nolan. but that doesnt make him racist. all im saying is if he was racist he wouldnt have hired him in the first place.

That is a flawed argument.

There have been plenty of racists who have hired minorities or even given them scholarships to play sports for them.

You may or may not be a racist. I don't really know. But you are highly insensitive to the point of being suspect. Your "those groups" post was pretty bad.
Bless your heart

redbug56

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 28, 2007, 12:32:21 am

There have been plenty of racists who have hired minorities or even given them scholarships to play sports for them.

You may or may not be a racist. I don't really know. But you are highly insensitive to the point of being suspect. Your "those groups" post was pretty bad.

if you argue about this with me then obviously you feel strongly about it. are you racist?

redbug56

Quote from: redbug56 on March 28, 2007, 12:33:31 am

if you argue about this with me then obviously you feel strongly about it. are you racist?

because honestly im not. i really dislike nolan. maybe im wrong for that. but im honestly not racist. i just have an opinion and i think it goes both ways.

aloha_kid

Frank Broyles:

""According to Broyles, "A friend of the Razorbacks called and asked this question, the question, 'Is there any difference in a black person calling someone of the Caucasian race a redneck S.O.B. than a white person using the word N.S.O.B.?'

"And I said 'n——-,' regrettably," Broyles said.

Broyles said outside court, during a break in testimony, that it was the only time he had ever used the slur. Walker finished his questioning of the athletic director Thursday afternoon. ""

C'mon, we're supposed to believe that was the only time he used that word???? Really??? You coached football in the south, in the 50's, 60's and 70's.  We're supposed to believe you said it 1 time??? 

ishankem

Quote from: aloha_kid on March 28, 2007, 12:29:21 am

i know racism is a bad thing and that it happens.  but if racism is paying a man while he sits on his ranch while doing nothing but bad mouthing us, bring it.  moron

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/college/mensbasketball/sec/2004-05-06-broyles-slur_x.htm

reading that article, it sounds like Broyles was just repeating a question from someone else who used the N word, and Frank made an honest mistake by repeating the word.  It's not like Frank called Nolan a N*****

jamie72921

No.

I see people as having common needs and desires regardless of race.

I believe all people have innate prejudices that can be overcome or at least nuetered with respect and concern for their fellow man.

When I see Nolan, I see a man who overcame some great obstacles to achieve a level of success in his profession noone before or since him has ever done with championships at all levels of coaching. I see a father who suffered a devastating loss, a husband who held his family together through those hard times afterward where 80% of families in the same circumstances split up.

I see a man, who after bearing the strain of all that finally cracked under the never ceasing badgering of another bitter man, Frank Broyles, and said some stupid things that not only he has and is paying for, but so did Mike Anderson.

All I know of you, is that you think of people in terms of the groups that can be most easily lumped into, and disparage "those groups" (your words) points of view.
Bless your heart

aloha_kid

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 28, 2007, 12:42:59 am

No.

I see people as having common needs and desires regardless of race.

I believe all people have innate prejudices that can be overcome or at least nuetered with respect and concern for their fellow man.

When I see Nolan, I see a man who overcame some great obstacles to achieve a level of success in his profession noone before or since him has ever done with championships at all levels of coaching. I see a father who suffered a devastating loss, a husband who held his family together through those hard times afterward where 80% of families in the same circumstances split up.

I see a man, who after bearing the strain of all that finally cracked under the never ceasing badgering of another bitter man, Frank Broyles, and said some stupid things that not only he has and is paying for, but so did Mike Anderson.

All I know of you, is that you think of people in terms of the groups that can be most easily lumped into, and disparage "those groups" (your words) points of view.

+1

jamie72921

Quote from: ishankem on March 28, 2007, 12:42:06 am

reading that article, it sounds like Broyles was just repeating a question from someone else who used the N word, and Frank made an honest mistake by repeating the word.  It's not like Frank called Nolan a N*****

Who do you think the friend was referring to with the redneck sob remark?

If you include the context of the conversation, something I was taught to look for when reading in only 3rd grade(no exageration), then it is easy to conclude the term was used in reference to the person who said redneck sob.
Bless your heart

redbug56

my last post for the night.  How many times have you seen Broyles come on tv or in the newspaper and bash Nolan since he's been gone? How many times have you seen Nolan come on tv or in the paper and bash Broyles since he's been gone?    thats how i know which one is full of hate.

jamie72921

Quote from: redbug56 on March 28, 2007, 12:49:14 am
my last post for the night.  How many times have you seen Broyles come on tv or in the newspaper and bash Nolan since he's been gone? How many times have you seen Nolan come on tv or in the paper and bash Broyles since he's been gone?    thats how i know which one is full of hate.

How many times have you ever seen Frank on tv period?

Not many.

Frank won. Why would he bash?

I really don't get your train of thought.
Bless your heart

ishankem

my last post for the night.  Frank isn't perfect and neither is Nolan.  They both have done some great things for the UofA, and they both have made some mistakes.  But, lately all the hate I hear is comig from Nolan. 

redbug56

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 28, 2007, 12:51:21 am
Quote from: redbug56 on March 28, 2007, 12:49:14 am

How many times have you ever seen Frank on tv period?

Not many.

Frank won. Why would he bash?

I really don't get your train of thought.

sure you dont. your blinded. good night.

aloha_kid

Your right most folks in Arkansas in the 50's, 60's and 70's only ever repeated the N word citing a conversation that someone else had.  Pop and out comes my head from the sand... Dude they've been saying that word from way back.  I can't recall the number of jokes I've personally heard with that word in it, and that was way back in the 70's - 80's, I know we didn't invent it... my dad used it and had for years prior to my birth.

He was raised in South Carolina in the 30's.

I remember the Klan in Rogers marching in the 70's.  I've heard it alot.. from a lot of different people.  Some good, some bad, some just in between.  But the word was used.

You expect me in my narrow world view of a child reared in Arkansas in the early 70's - 1985 to think that Frank never used the word, except for that one time... not only that, but to recall the specific terms of the conversation that one time?  That it had that much impact on him that he had to repent and church that Sunday?

Heck, I would venture to say that most every member of this board over the age of 35 has used the N word at least once in their life (Heck Chris Rock uses it more than once in a single line of 1 joke).  It was common place.  Does it make us racists?  No it makes us ignorant.  Acting on a prejudice makes you racist. 

enough of that.

GHG!!!!

Ugly Uncle

I was told by players that played for Nolan that after he was recognized as a good coach he lost his fire.  That when he couldn't play the "they think I can't accomplish my goals" card he stopped caring.

I believe that Nolan was the best coach that we ever had in basketball, however, he lost that fire.  He stopped hanging out with his players.  The Arkansas job went from being his passion to his job.  You saw the results of that.

I hope that we bring Nolan back and honor him...but bitterness is not the same as passion.  He became more interested in pushing his political agenda than winning ball games.  He was done after the 95 season. 

Nolan is still a brilliant man though.  He really is one of the smartest men I have ever had the privilege of knowing...but his motivation was stripped from him.  He didn't want to build a dynasty, he wanted to prove people wrong.  Once he did, it was "game over."

Retired Radio Host

aloha_kid

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 28, 2007, 12:46:15 am

Who do you think the friend was referring to with the redneck sob remark?

If you include the context of the conversation, something I was taught to look for when reading in only 3rd grade(no exageration), then it is easy to conclude the term was used in reference to the person who said redneck sob.

Seems that quality Arkansas education system is working for you :)

jamie72921

Quote from: uglyuncle on March 28, 2007, 12:54:48 am
I was told by players that played for Nolan that after he was recognized as a good coach he lost his fire.  That when he couldn't play the "they think I can't accomplish my goals" card he stopped caring.

I believe that Nolan was the best coach that we ever had in basketball, however, he lost that fire.  He stopped hanging out with his players.  The Arkansas job went from being his passion to his job.  You saw the results of that.

I hope that we bring Nolan back and honor him...but bitterness is not the same as passion.  He became more interested in pushing his political agenda than winning ball games.  He was done after the 95 season. 

Nolan is still a brilliant man though.  He really is one of the smartest men I have ever had the privilege of knowing...but his motivation was stripped from him.  He didn't want to build a dynasty, he wanted to prove people wrong.  Once he did, it was "game over."

This is a quality example of a well thought out opinion on Coach Richardson.

Hard to argue anything there Uncle, and I have great respect for the man in spite of his obvious warts.
Bless your heart

heathtits

All you anti-nolan pro-frank guys denying the racial cloud hanging over our campus probably haven't even attended the UofA. If you have then you know the ratio of black people to white people. Our campus is by NO means culturally diverse.

Everyone should remember Nolan's horse was SHOT, SHOT and killed. I guess that was accidental, just like Frank's slur slip. And if any of you have any sense at all, you'll realize the U of A's hiring of Stan Heath SOLELY had to do with racism. Why in the hell else would Frank hire him after a guy like Nolan coached here? And he obviously had to be somewhat worried about the allegations since the hire was so illogical and unexpected. We all but HAD to hire Stan or it would have put the nail on the coffin.

I don't care about anyones views of men of other colors on here and I'm not here to change anyones view but to deny racial prejudice at the UofA is as ignorant as trying to convince someone of our success in Iraq. 75%+ of the undergrad students are from Arkansas, and if you didn't graduate from a LR high school(central) or Fayetteville high, the word N****R is almost certainly in your vocabulary.

This year Damien Williams had a beer thrown in his face at one of the campus fraternities for really no reason at all. This was of course in combination with his diagnosis as a N****R. I know this first hand because I was there.

And to critisize Nolan for being outspoken and questioning his manliness, well you better go ahead and question the characters of "whiners" like Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln, G. Washington, Mark Twain and so on. Where in the hell would our country be without outspoken people. If everyone just went along with the "flow" of things then we get life that is parallel to Stan Heath's basketball games, and I certainly would dread that. With no one speaking out, we would basically be in a communist state.

You don't have to disagree with Nolan but just know he was NEVER accused of stepping out of line with his players. If you know anything first hand you know there was TONS of player dismay with Stan Heath's program. Ronnie left early, Olu left moronically, Townes leaving the court and among other things a firsthand fight I've heard about with him and Charles Thomas. I'd rather a guy be publicly outspoken and stay true to his own character rather than play the nice guy role like Stan to the media and then be rumored of being totally different behind the scenes.

Just don't buy into what the local U of A media has to say about the program, it's so politically correct and brown nosing that none of us are ever going to get the real story out of them.

And the person who said Frank built what the U of A is, I will agree that he is a ruthless, money grubbing fundraiser and a damn good ole boy at that. He is good at what he does, but the fact that he is able to hound boosters well for donations DOES NOT make him a man. Plus the ONLY reason we lead all NCAA schools in national titles is solely because of Johny Mac. The BS about Frank's title is almost meaningless. For one, no one alive even remembers it and it's a disputed national title at that. Frank was a good coach, but the image of Arkansas's football program is nothing compared to what our b-ball program once was and can be.

But I will agree it is not mature or sagely of Nolan to keep speaking out. There's a saying that those who know don't say, those who say don't know. It applies nearly all the time, but in Nolan's case I feel a lot of his anger was righteous.

aloha_kid

Quote from: heathtits on March 28, 2007, 01:13:16 am
All you anti-nolan pro-frank guys denying the racial cloud hanging over our campus probably haven't even attended the UofA. If you have then you know the ratio of black people to white people. Our campus is by NO means culturally diverse.

Everyone should remember Nolan's horse was SHOT, SHOT and killed. I guess that was accidental, just like Frank's slur slip. And if any of you have any sense at all, you'll realize the U of A's hiring of Stan Heath SOLELY had to do with racism. Why in the hell else would Frank hire him after a guy like Nolan coached here? And he obviously had to be somewhat worried about the allegations since the hire was so illogical and unexpected. We all but HAD to hire Stan or it would have put the nail on the coffin.

I don't care about anyones views of men of other colors on here and I'm not here to change anyones view but to deny racial prejudice at the UofA is as ignorant as trying to convince someone of our success in Iraq. 75%+ of the undergrad students are from Arkansas, and if you didn't graduate from a LR high school(central) or Fayetteville high, the word N****R is almost certainly in your vocabulary.

This year Damien Williams had a beer thrown in his face at one of the campus fraternities for really no reason at all. This was of course in combination with his diagnosis as a N****R. I know this first hand because I was there.

And to critisize Nolan for being outspoken and questioning his manliness, well you better go ahead and question the characters of "whiners" like Thomas Jefferson, Abe Lincoln, G. Washington, Mark Twain and so on. Where in the hell would our country be without outspoken people. If everyone just went along with the "flow" of things then we get life that is parallel to Stan Heath's basketball games, and I certainly would dread that. With no one speaking out, we would basically be in a communist state.

You don't have to disagree with Nolan but just know he was NEVER accused of stepping out of line with his players. If you know anything first hand you know there was TONS of player dismay with Stan Heath's program. Ronnie left early, Olu left moronically, Townes leaving the court and among other things a firsthand fight I've heard about with him and Charles Thomas. I'd rather a guy be publicly outspoken and stay true to his own character rather than play the nice guy role like Stan to the media and then be rumored of being totally different behind the scenes.

Just don't buy into what the local U of A media has to say about the program, it's so politically correct and brown nosing that none of us are ever going to get the real story out of them.

And the person who said Frank built what the U of A is, I will agree that he is a ruthless, money grubbing fundraiser and a damn good ole boy at that. He is good at what he does, but the fact that he is able to hound boosters well for donations DOES NOT make him a man. Plus the ONLY reason we lead all NCAA schools in national titles is solely because of Johny Mac. The BS about Frank's title is almost meaningless. For one, no one alive even remembers it and it's a disputed national title at that. Frank was a good coach, but the image of Arkansas's football program is nothing compared to what our b-ball program once was and can be.

But I will agree it is not mature or sagely of Nolan to keep speaking out. There's a saying that those who know don't say, those who say don't know. It applies nearly all the time, but in Nolan's case I feel a lot of his anger was righteous.

Well put.

+1  seems like not much has changed since it left in 1985. 

LL COOL HOG

My Parents are from the River Valley.  They were born in the late 30's and early 40's.  They were not allowed to go to Westark or whatever it was called in the 50's and 60's.  I remember hearing unpleasant stories of events that took place around Rogers and Bentonville.  The area has had a bad reputation for along time.  Rogers High School would come to Northside and drop the N word just to get the black players upset and this was in the early to mid 90's.

One statement that Nolan made that upset alot of people, was about not having any reporters that looked like him.  That statement was hugh in my opinion.  What is or what was going on in the NWA or Arkansas's culture that does not appeal to African Americans. Things have changed alot since then. 

Hogchick

Quote from: aloha_kid on March 28, 2007, 12:39:32 am

Frank Broyles:

""According to Broyles, "A friend of the Razorbacks called and asked this question, the question, 'Is there any difference in a black person calling someone of the Caucasian race a redneck S.O.B. than a white person using the word N.S.O.B.?'

Broyles said outside court, during a break in testimony, that it was the only time he had ever used the slur. Walker finished his questioning of the athletic director Thursday afternoon. ""

C'mon, we're supposed to believe that was the only time he used that word???? Really??? You coached football in the south, in the 50's, 60's and 70's.  We're supposed to believe you said it 1 time??? 

He was also the first man to hire a black coach in the south.   If you guys think JFB is a racist you are all idiots!!!

Nolan was a GREAT coach and I wish dearly that things had not gone down the way they did, but both Nolan and Frank are to blame for the mess.

I just don't like people being called racist.  That is a very strong accusation against somebody.

aloha_kid

Quote from: Hogchick on March 28, 2007, 06:39:31 am
Quote from: aloha_kid on March 28, 2007, 12:39:32 am

Frank Broyles:

He was also the first man to hire a black coach in the south.   If you guys think JFB is a racist you are all idiots!!!

Nolan was a GREAT coach and I wish dearly that things had not gone down the way they did, but both Nolan and Frank are to blame for the mess.

I just don't like people being called racist.  That is a very strong accusation against somebody.

He might not be a racist, but he sure ain't telling the truth.  How's that?  Or is liar too strong for someone who doesn't tell the truth?

HognotinMemphis

Quote from: jamie72921 on March 27, 2007, 11:41:03 pm
Quote from: redbug56 on March 27, 2007, 11:38:46 pm
Quote from: Dr. Leonard Ford on March 27, 2007, 04:53:28 pm
"those groups"??  Damn, I think you are set back decades.

if "those groups" didnt always say when something bad happens that its because they were in "those groups" we wouldnt have to say "those groups"    :puke:

You are sounding very racist.

You're sounding very stupid.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

HognotinMemphis

This Jamie kid has a bug up his ass. He's in love with Nolan. He's PM'd me 5 or 6 times harrassing me about my comments regarding Nolan. Huge waste of time but he's put a lot into PM'ing me and posting in this thread. Very strange boy.
I don't want you to agree with me because you're weak. I want you to agree with me because you know I'm right.

Joe

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Nolan states that Frank could win with the team Stan is leaving? Is this correct? If this is the case, then Nolan just stated that Stan cannot coach a lick. Nolan is saying that even a person who is not a BB coach could win next year with Stan's team. Why can Stan not win with his own team? HE IS NOT A D-1 COACH!!!THAT IS WHY!!! What an idiot! People should sometimes keep their mouths shut and save themselves the embarrassment. Nolan, of all people, should know this. Did I mention Fire  :puke: Houston Nutt?!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:
You can put a cat in the oven, but that don't make it a biscuit!    
:razorback: Welcome to the future of Razorback football :razorback:

LL COOL HOG

Quote from: Joe on March 28, 2007, 10:04:13 am
:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: Nolan states that Frank could win with the team Stan is leaving? Is this correct? If this is the case, then Nolan just stated that Stan cannot coach a lick. Nolan is saying that even a person who is not a BB coach could win next year with Stan's team. Why can Stan not win with his own team? HE IS NOT A D-1 COACH!!!THAT IS WHY!!! What an idiot! People should sometimes keep their mouths shut and save themselves the embarrassment. Nolan, of all people, should know this. Did I mention Fire  :puke: Houston Nutt?!  :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

I think Nolan was reiterating Heaths comments about next years team being his best team.  You can take it both ways.  But with PB having one more year under his belt along with the rest of the guys. The next coach will have it alot easier.

BrooklynRoss

Quote from: bigrod155 on March 28, 2007, 06:37:15 am
My Parents are from the River Valley.  They were born in the late 30's and early 40's.  They were not allowed to go to Westark or whatever it was called in the 50's and 60's.  I remember hearing unpleasant stories of events that took place around Rogers and Bentonville.  The area has had a bad reputation for along time.  Rogers High School would come to Northside and drop the N word just to get the black players upset and this was in the early to mid 90's.

One statement that Nolan made that upset alot of people, was about not having any reporters that looked like him.  That statement was hugh in my opinion.  What is or what was going on in the NWA or Arkansas's culture that does not appeal to African Americans. Things have changed alot since then. 

Nobody on Roger's Basketball team in the early '90's would have done that to Northside because we (white kids from Rogers and black kids from Northside) all played together on the Northwest Arkansas Running Rebels (ironic name, eh?) AAU team together and we were good friends. I never heard anyone use the n-word and if they had they would have been unceremoniously bitch-slapped by coach Bill Niven, then myself, then probably every other member of the team. The school as a whole did have a problem with racism, however, I remember our single black student leaving the school because it got so bad and I think that was in '90.
I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

IBreal

Like I said, hope you all get the chance to feel his pain
Quote from: hogfanwp on March 27, 2007, 08:12:21 am
Nolan has no class.  I understand he and Frank didn't get along, but come on.  Let it go.

IBreal

Arkansas will not get a gib name coach anytime soon due to the situation at the U of A.  Man, it is so freakin funny to see the whole nation laughing at the Razorback sports program.  It just seems like the Hogs has to make headline anyway that they can.  Thank goodness for the Baseball and Track program.  I feel that this ship is sinking and going fast IMO