Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Dudley just posted some bad news

Started by gregt41, March 25, 2007, 07:51:40 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

gregt41

on his board. A friend of mine just read what Dudley wrote. It basically said that JW has the final decision but said that when JW makes the decision tommorrow that he will think a lot about firing 2 african american coaches and on how it looks for the university.  Thats his main concern!!!   Ive got a bad feeling!!!

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: gregt41 on March 25, 2007, 07:51:40 pm
on his board. A friend of mine just read what Dudley wrote. It basically said that JW has the final decision but said that when JW makes the decision tommorrow that he will think a lot about firing 2 african american coaches and on how it looks for the university.  Thats his main concern!!!   Ive got a bad feeling!!!

I don't  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

JustoHogFan

on his board. A friend of mine just read what Dudley wrote. It basically said that JW has the final decision but said that when JW makes the decision tommorrow that he will think a lot about firing 2 african american coaches and on how it looks for the university.  Thats his main concern!!!   Ive got a bad feeling!!!

That is Bull Sh*t plain and simple John White is not that simple minded or he would never have gotten the job....

TX HOG

March 25, 2007, 07:53:56 pm #3 Last Edit: March 25, 2007, 07:56:31 pm by TX HOG
It has nothing to do about someone's skin color.  It's about wins/loses.  Maybe it will make him feel better to fire both stan and dale, but hire mike singletary as dale's replacement.  I have the solution ;)

Oliver

When does Dudley ever have any good news?

MCPeePants

Whatever. He's the one who hired those 2 African-American coaches in the first place.

RazorZach

I don't  ;)

Stewie how are you so confident with just a 50/50 chance of Stan being fired? That makes me have a bad feeling as well that I just can't shake. If this is all left in the Chancellor's "capable" hands then we are in for some serious trouble I'm afraid. I'm glad you're not worried, but after going from a 75/25 chance he's gone to a 50/50 chance I guess I'm just pessimistic.
"Do or do not. There is no try." -- Yoda

"Is this hotel beeper friendly?" -- Alan from "The Hangover" (and Houston Nutt)

"I am not superstitious, but I'm a little 'stitious." -- Michael Scott, "The Office"

dmac_iz_kin

I think that race thing is hogwash. As long as JW can explain a logical reason for why he is firing Heath thats all he needs to do. You can't expect to be a successful major Division1 program and be worried about the color of a coaches skin and what a few groups of extremists might think if you fire them.  Heath is not a good coach, the players don't respect him, they don't play disciplined or with heart for him, they didn't get much better as the year went on, they said on more than one occasion the other team wanted it more even after the NCAA game, attendance is in the dumps and thats a good enough reason to fire him.
"it was a called play, and I called it. I called alot of good plays today didn't I chuck?!"

The_Bionic_Pig

Quote from: RazorZach on March 25, 2007, 07:57:10 pm
I don't  ;)

Stewie how are you so confident with just a 50/50 chance of Stan being fired? That makes me have a bad feeling as well that I just can't shake. If this is all left in the Chancellor's "capable" hands then we are in for some serious trouble I'm afraid. I'm glad you're not worried, but after going from a 75/25 chance he's gone to a 50/50 chance I guess I'm just pessimistic.

3 Letters BOT  ;)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

forrest city joe

Race has nothing to do with this. Stan has not gotten the job done here and sould go. but what look's bad is we did not fire the football coach after two losing seasons. if we has done that, this would not look so bad. saying that. let's get on with it and make the change.

pignatious

Race should not be a factor at all. 5 years is more than enough time to get this preminent program back to winning in the NCAA tournament. It hasn't happened. Time to move on in a different direction with a new coach, regardless of color. I hate talking about DMW in the same thread, but he has had more success than Heath has.
Freedom is never free.

HawgG

on his board. A friend of mine just read what Dudley wrote. It basically said that JW has the final decision but said that when JW makes the decision tommorrow that he will think a lot about firing 2 african american coaches and on how it looks for the university.  Thats his main concern!!!   Ive got a bad feeling!!!

Dudley had more to say then just that.

As a popular member over there and having just discussed that topic, Dudley listed several reasons why Heath will be fired and why Heath will be retained.

Right now it is unclear as to what the final resolution will be.

John White may have the final say but Broyles has a voice to and every thing you here may not be true.

Think politics and perception, because that is what's going on up on the hill.

The Marmot

I still don't understand how race has anything to do with this.... We have had an african-american coach(2) for over 20 years now... We replaced a white coach in the 80's with an up-and-coming NR, then replaced him with an up-and-coming SH. I just don't see how someone could say that we have been or are making decisions about our b'ball coach based on race. We need a coach that has the experience and focus to return the program to elite status, regardless of their skin color.
I was booooorn to love you... I was booooorn to lick your face... I was booooorn to rub you... but you were born to rub me first - Ty Webb

Quote from: WilsonHog on October 28, 2014, 06:59:50 pm
The fact that you can type the words doesn't stop the thought behind those words from being horseshit.

GO HOGS!!!!!!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: pignatious on March 25, 2007, 08:00:53 pm
Race should not be a factor at all. 5 years is more than enough time to get this preminent program back to winning in the NCAA tournament. It hasn't happened. Time to move on in a different direction with a new coach, regardless of color. I hate talking about DMW in the same thread, but he has had more success than Heath has.
HDN record would have gotten him fired at any other top program. his record being better than Stan's is not enough. he should have been fired after those two losing seasons. but it's not what this thread is about. but it looks bad.but i do think Stan should be fired. he has not gotten the job done. and race has nothing to do with it.

Fort Swine

$$$ will do the talking.  10,000 people at the Bud causes problems.  It is sad when you got an academic making an athletic decision.  How many times do the boys at the top of Maple come down the hill and ask the coaches what should be done about an English teacher?  Big problem when a person who has no idea what he is doing makes the decisions for athletics.
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

helmet

Why is it this University takes something that should be so simple and makes it into a convoluted mess. It seems ever since JW has gotten more involved in the athletics of the UofA that he just f's it up. A la hiring committees. Oh well I'm sure he'll find some way to screw this up as well. Heath will stay on we will be mediocre and hire another unproven up and comer. We are all witnessing the race to mediocrity at the Hill get used to it.

IcEwalker

LZH

Quote from: Fort Swine on March 25, 2007, 08:10:44 pm
$$$ will do the talking.  10,000 people at the Bud causes problems.  It is sad when you got an academic making an athletic decision.  How many times do the boys at the top of Maple come down the hill and ask the coaches what should be done about an English teacher?  Big problem when a person who has no idea what he is doing makes the decisions for athletics.

+1...

BTW, when did we become Vanderbilt?

helmet

Quote from: LedZepHog on March 25, 2007, 08:22:52 pm
Quote from: Fort Swine on March 25, 2007, 08:10:44 pm

+1...

BTW, when did we become Vanderbilt?
Ever since JW got involved

Fort Swine

We are trying to compete with UCA, the Harvard of the South!
"If everybody is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking." - General George S. Patton, Jr.

SCRX95

Quote from: Fort Swine on March 25, 2007, 08:25:58 pm
We are trying to compete with UCA, the Harvard of the South!

That would be Duke...

JIHawg

Dudley has no legitimate sources and is not very savvy as far as gathering and interpreting information.  He is usually a week behind the informed and connected posters on this board.  I wouldn't put anything in whatever he has to say.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 25, 2007, 08:27:27 pm
Quote from: IcEwalker on March 25, 2007, 08:21:06 pm
can the BOT override JW?

They can fire his ass.

This would really upset the European American Community, though...
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

IcEwalker

Quote from: PorkOpine on March 25, 2007, 08:27:27 pm
Quote from: IcEwalker on March 25, 2007, 08:21:06 pm
can the BOT override JW?

They can fire his ass.

well, if what im hearing is true about frank and BOT wanting Heath gone, then isn't it a done deal?

redbug56

well then maybe White needs to get the boot.  ;)

mikeirwin

Quote from: JIHawg on March 25, 2007, 08:28:50 pm
Dudley has no legitimate sources and is not very savvy as far as gathering and interpreting information.  He is usually a week behind the informed and connected posters on this board.  I wouldn't put anything in whatever he has to say.
Sorry but you're wrong.
Dudley is a veteran reporter with plenty of good sources.

hawgsav1

I don't think it's academics that have a problem with firing someone who is African-American.  However, I think JW's problem is that he doesn't know exactly what kind of effort it takes to take a program back to the elite status.  However, two things which could help both Houston and Stan keep their jobs.  Outside perception.  Houston won 10 games this season and people will think that Arkansas is crazy for firing a ten win coach and people will also say "Hey, Stan Heath took the team to the NCAA tourney, which was the ultimatum and they fired him.  Why is that?" (this i what the spinmeisters will say in the media regardless of the reasons that they were fired).  In Heath's case the chance for that accusation of racism is there because of the situation presented earlier.  However, if they hired another black coach (i'm not saying they have to, but frankly I would prefer Mike Anderson over Billy Gillespie, but that's just me) that could stem the flow of accusations.  Anderson has taken teams to the sweet 16 without that many talented players and has shown he is a great coach.  Also, from a PR perspective, it looks great because we hire Anderson we'll be mending fences with what started the whole racist mess anyway.  On top of that, we're hiring a black coach to replace a black coach.  I agree that wins and losses should be the determining factor in retaining or firing a coach.  however, public perception is a reality all universities have to deal with so maybe it would be good to hire Mike Anderson.
Revenge is a dish best served cold. - Klingon Proverb

fu-man-soo

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 25, 2007, 08:33:39 pm
Sorry but you're wrong.

mike what r your sources saying?

moses_007

I thought it five years ago, and I still think it now...that Broyles hired Heath because he figured he would be in the middle of a lawsuit with Nolan and it wouldn't look good in court to change the coach's color at that point in time.  I'm not trying to be racist here, and I thought the world of Nolan until his mouth got the best of him, but I think that was the primary reason for hiring Stan.  And I'm sure they got him at an affordable price too, just hoping he would continue the winning tradition Nolan had started.  But this hire turned out like football coach hires Jack Crowe and Danny Ford. Mistakes.

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

Cajun Hog

Dudley, does have good source, HOWEVER John has people that he answers to as well and Stan works for Frank.   Hey, Hey, GOOD BYE Fresh Legs aka Stan Heath.

BigPig

You might want to go back and read what Dudley just posted. ;D

fu-man-soo

Quote from: BigPig on March 25, 2007, 08:45:13 pm

which was?

forrest city joe

Just got a call from someone i know here in town who is a big hawg Basketball fan. it's over folks. change is imminent. stan is out.

TX HOG

I feel good about stan being out, but what makes me nervous is, is White going to have the ball$ to pay BG?

Cajun Hog

Quote from: TX HOG on March 25, 2007, 08:50:06 pm
I feel good about Stan being out, but what makes me nervous is, is White going to have the ball$ to pay BG?

Done deal, DON'T WORRY BE HAPPY

redbug56

Quote from: Hog1961 on March 25, 2007, 08:52:15 pm
I feel good about Stan being out, but what makes me nervous is, is White going to have the ball$ to pay BG?

hog1961 i hope your not getting me excited over nothing.  ;D

TX HOG

I know, I know, but I'll truly be happy when it's done.  Right now I'm excited.  Kinda' like the few days before Christmas, you're excited, but not near as much as Chritmas Day.  I'm ready for Christmas to come early this year  ;)

BigPig

Quote from: fu-man-soo on March 25, 2007, 08:47:08 pm
Quote from: BigPig on March 25, 2007, 08:45:13 pm

which was?

I think you will get the idea if you read Forrest City Joe's post.

Cajun Hog

Quote from: redbug56 on March 25, 2007, 08:54:31 pm
Quote from: Hog1961 on March 25, 2007, 08:52:15 pm

hog1961 i hope your not getting me excited over nothing.  ;D

Redbug, BE HAPPY....................

forrest city joe

The next coach must be a proven bigtime coach. one that can hit the ground running for recruites. we have to get a shooting PG in here who can stick it from deep.and a post player who can score and play defense. i want BG as our next head coach. I wish Stan well. he is a good man who left us better off than we were. but no where near good enough.

JIMMY BOARFFETT

If the appearance of firing a black basketball coach is the problem, I say balance it out by firing the white football coach too!  Really very simple.
My sources are unreliable, but their information is fascinating.

hogfan446

+1

:razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback: :razorback:

DickSonstreetDFW

Race has nothing to do with this.

John White has stated the TOP GOAL of the university is to increase diversity.

So, logic be darned, he is paralyzed by the thought of doing anything that anyone could construe as being racially biased.

What a politically correct turd.

Torqued pork

March 25, 2007, 09:14:24 pm #44 Last Edit: March 26, 2007, 02:53:01 am by Bubbaswinestein
I hope they have the decency to tell Stan one or the other soon. While I want a new coach, the way he and his assistants have been left dangling for over a week now has been quite shabby imo.

SwinedMelon

Quote from: mikeirwin on March 25, 2007, 08:33:39 pm
Sorry but you're wrong.

Dudley is a great guy. Clay is a good guy running a business. Dudley is a great guy.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

SWAhog

QuoteIf the appearance of firing a black basketball coach is the problem, I say balance it out by firing the white football coach too!  Really very simple.

and hire a white basketball coach, BG and a black football coach, Charlie Strong
You know you're getting older when your idea of lettin it loose is taking a laxative.

TMc

Dudley has some new info.., looks like Forrest City Joe is right.  New information forthcoming some time tonight.., don't know how specific.., but should point us in the right direction.

SwinedMelon

BTW- Clay has some much better, settling news. Just now.
"Bar-keep, another go around again. One for me and whats-his-name, my new best friend!"

harrisburghog