Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

RPI Update: Non-con killing it, Up to 6

Started by Adam Stokes, December 30, 2017, 08:16:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Adam Stokes

Started out the day at 15, got up to 8 when we won, currently at 7, and will likely finish the day at 6. Higher than Villanova. Heh.

Our non-con opponents were projected to win 5.92 out of their 9 games, they are currently 6-1 with Oral Roberts and Samford leading their opponents by double digits at halftime. Could very well go 8-1 on the day. Oklahoma had a sick last minute win. Not as sick as ours of course, but still pretty cool.

We obviously got a bump from beating Tennessee, as it helped our immediate SOS and added another win to the column. Auburn and MSU helped the SEC go 2-0 against their non-con opponents. Auburn finished non-con play with only 1 loss (and a Top 20 non-con RPI, not bad for a team most people are still leaving off their brackets.) Auburn is important to us since we play them twice. MSU played a cupcake city schedule, but were still able to finish with a non-con RPI in the Top 50 and finish 12-1.

The teams we play twice this year is the SEC West (minus Bama and MSU) and Mizzou; ideally those are the teams to root for in SEC play. So while Bama thumping #5 ranked A&M today is technically worse for our RPI, Bama will be in all the brackets next week and should push the SEC to 8 teams in, with potential for as many as 10. A&M should finish in the top 25 anyways unless they simply fall off.

We were averaged a 5.5 seed on most brackets before today, should be a solid 4 now.

Good day.

Razorbacks#1

"You sleep safely in your beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm.

THUNDER!

BrooklynRoss

I support the Razorbacks in the city that never sleeps.

Hook 'em Hogs

One of the many reasons to love Hogville. Thanks for posting this info!

Svrdhd

What in the hell did I just read on Hogville? That was coherent, detailed, and actually interesting. Thank you sir.
I'll burn that bridge when I come to it.

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

HawgnCorona

I'm guessing CMA put the schedule together but we could not have had a better schedule of teams. Well said, "they are killing it". The CHERRY on the non-conf schedule will be Okie Lite. It will be fun to bust them down the road. Anyway it was a good win the first game but lets TCB the rest of the way. WPS!!!
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

Oklahawg

I like the number of SEC teams that will be mentioned the last month leading up to Selection Sunday. Nice to be in the top half of that number.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

theFlyingHog

These are the kind of posts that make it worth putting up with the skandars and other jackwagons.

I'm stoked about this season and can't wait til the Kentucky game, since I got tickets lol

JayHog

And I was surprised to see UConn only losing to #8 Wichita State by 5 points with under a minute to go.
Yes, that same UConn team that we were beating by 40 points. 

Cmheinley

Quote from: Adam Stokes on December 30, 2017, 08:16:01 pm
Started out the day at 15, got up to 8 when we won, currently at 7, and will likely finish the day at 6. Higher than Villanova. Heh.

Our non-con opponents were projected to win 5.92 out of their 9 games, they are currently 6-1 with Oral Roberts and Samford leading their opponents by double digits at halftime. Could very well go 8-1 on the day. Oklahoma had a sick last minute win. Not as sick as ours of course, but still pretty cool.

We obviously got a bump from beating Tennessee, as it helped our immediate SOS and added another win to the column. Auburn and MSU helped the SEC go 2-0 against their non-con opponents. Auburn finished non-con play with only 1 loss (and a Top 20 non-con RPI, not bad for a team most people are still leaving off their brackets.) Auburn is important to us since we play them twice. MSU played a cupcake city schedule, but were still able to finish with a non-con RPI in the Top 50 and finish 12-1.

The teams we play twice this year is the SEC West (minus Bama and MSU) and Mizzou; ideally those are the teams to root for in SEC play. So while Bama thumping #5 ranked A&M today is technically worse for our RPI, Bama will be in all the brackets next week and should push the SEC to 8 teams in, with potential for as many as 10. A&M should finish in the top 25 anyways unless they simply fall off.

We were averaged a 5.5 seed on most brackets before today, should be a solid 4 now.

Good day.

Great breakdown my dude. Thanks!

247Hog

Quote from: Adam Stokes on December 30, 2017, 08:16:01 pm

Good day.

Awesome. Thanks a ton for the info!
If there's one thing any of you should know as hog fans, brace yourself for disappointment and never get your hopes up.

It could be raining female body parts outside and we'd all be hit in the head with a pecker - Dmaxfan

Hogsfan1981

Quality post! I have so been informed.

Thank you.

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

hawgbawb

I post, therefor I am.
John Highsmith Adams rocks.

gmarv54

Hollywood_HOGan45

Top five RPI! Need Minnesota to win some big ten games and get back in the top 50 after falling out.

Hollywood_HOGan45

One thing helping us out and to maybe keep an eye on when nothing else of interest is going on is the play of Oral Roberts.

I thought that team was horrific but they are playing much better now of late beating Missouri State, Florida Gulf Coast, only losing to Minnesota by 14 and beat Omaha by 20. 

TexArkHogFan

Don't look now but we're sitting at RPI of 4 this morning, the best RPI in the SEC.  That is outstanding.
There are all kinds of Lions, Tigers and Bears in college football.  But there is only one Razorback.  Beware the Tusks!!! They are coming

Smalltownhog95

+1 simply for having stats, facts, and intelligence. Dilly dilly
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

hogfan870

Seems like we should have a stickied RPI thread

FineAsSwine

Quote from: hogfan870 on January 01, 2018, 02:34:05 pm
Seems like we should have a stickied RPI thread

Where is the guy who complained about how bad our SOS was last year? He made a thread called something like "Arkansas RPI, a Longitudinal View"

He updated it almost daily and supplemented it with data and commentary to back up his assertion that Arkansas relatively good RPI was just smoke and mirrors and that the Hogs were gaming the RPI through scheduling or something like that.

Of course, the Hogs are doing so well this year that he probably doesn't have any interest in working that hard this time around to find the negative needles in the data haystack. Haha.

rzrbk4life

Let's call those hogs!!!!

Adam Stokes

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 01, 2018, 03:12:10 pm
Where is the guy who complained about how bad our SOS was last year? He made a thread called something like "Arkansas RPI, a Longitudinal View"

He updated it almost daily and supplemented it with data and commentary to back up his assertion that Arkansas relatively good RPI was just smoke and mirrors and that the Hogs were gaming the RPI through scheduling or something like that.

Of course, the Hogs are doing so well this year that he probably doesn't have any interest in working that hard this time around to find the negative needles in the data haystack. Haha.

Probably me, though I don't remember complaining about it. We gamed the RPI this year as well, but that should be encouraged. I think we're a great team, but not #4 in the nation just yet. If our RPI is higher than our rank in the polls it means the schedulers did a great job. They did a great job last year as well.

Hoggish1

FineAsSwine

Quote from: Adam Stokes on January 01, 2018, 04:04:58 pm
Probably me, though I don't remember complaining about it. We gamed the RPI this year as well, but that should be encouraged. I think we're a great team, but not #4 in the nation just yet. If our RPI is higher than our rank in the polls it means the schedulers did a great job. They did a great job last year as well.

Wasn't you. Some guy called Seven400 or something like that.

davril98

Sitting at #5 right now behind Tenner and Okie.  And ahead of UNC. 

rzrbackramsfan

Quote from: FineAsSwine on January 01, 2018, 03:12:10 pm

I remember what you are taking about, lol.