Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs win again. Hogs win.I love it

Started by forrest city joe, January 27, 2018, 08:43:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

forrest city joe

Congrats to our coaches and players on another good win.trail by as many as 13 points again tonight,and came back again and won.this team finds ways to win games.Beard went 2 of 11.Barford went 2 for 11.and the Hogs still found a way to win.OSU beat OU and won on the roard at FSU. and the Hogs beat them tonight.great coaching job by Mike Anderson and his staff.I FREAKING LOVE IT!

TNhawgfan

I was expecting this over an hour ago. You're slipping Joe
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Hoggish1

Joe, I much do you freaking love it?! I freaking love it more!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 27, 2018, 08:46:07 pm
I was expecting this over an hour ago. You're slipping Joe
went to Sonic to get something to eat right after the big Hog win.loved the winning and loved the food.GO HOGS.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 27, 2018, 08:50:56 pm
went to Sonic to get something to eat right after the big Hog win.loved the winning and loved the food.GO HOGS.
My man FCJ. You made me want a half price shake after 8.

hoglady

These boys are going to give me a heart attack - happy for a hard fought win.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Glad they won. They need to figure out an offense other than the hot hand going one on one.

Knot2brite

Contrary to what everyone thinks ...I am glad we won and that we are winning...I would be happier if we would change the way we do things so that winning in the last minute is not necessary almost every game that we have won since the end of December ....
Usually in EI where intelligent conversation is required

Mr. Porkleone

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 27, 2018, 08:50:56 pm

What you get. Foot long Chili cheese coney with Onion Rings and a strawberry shake sure sounds good. 

FT's gonna cost bad soon. Gotta fix.  Woo pig

98hogs

Hard fought victory and no quitting !  Great win !

98hogs

Quote from: hoglady on January 27, 2018, 08:58:23 pm
These boys are going to give me a heart attack - happy for a hard fought win.

This !

3of5-2

Quote from: Mr. Porkleone on January 27, 2018, 09:01:20 pm
What you get. Foot long Chili cheese coney with Onion Rings and a strawberry shake sure sounds good. 

FT's gonna cost bad soon. Gotta fix.  Woo pig
More like a skrawberry shake.

elksnort

I am seriously wondering if this board is completely real.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Karma on January 27, 2018, 09:00:01 pm
Glad they won. They need to figure out an offense other than the hot hand going one on one.
Beard and Barford had wide open shots all night. they just missed them.the open shots were there so it's not the offense.players got to hit those shots.Macon and C.J. were the only two who could hit an open jump shot.do agree that we have to get the ball to Gafford more.he only had 4 shots tonight.and only 3 in the game at UGA.got to get him more touches.Hogs won this game because of their good 2nd half defense.i love these players and coaches. i love this team.

nwahogfan1

Let me see we beat a team by 1 point at home today who is not going to the NCAAT and had to survive 2 shots from 2 foot away to do it.

We need to step up our game or we will miss the Tournament.

Atlhogfan1

Quote from: elksnort on January 27, 2018, 09:12:42 pm

It isn't.  Step around the trolls and multi account flamers and a few here can discuss things semi rationally.
Quote from: MaconBacon on March 22, 2018, 10:30:04 amWe had a good run in the 90's and one NC and now the whole state still laments that we are a top seed program and have kids standing in line to come to good ole Arkansas.  We're just a flash in the pan boys. 

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: elksnort on January 27, 2018, 09:12:42 pm
Why? Oh.....you want everybody to be miserable like you? I get it.

Razorback_Mack

BentonvilleJeff

I think Gafford has hit the wall. He's tired and once he catches his second wind I think we'll start clicking again.

Winning these close games says a lot about our team's guts. I just have a feeling we're fixing to go on a run. May not be for a little while but I think it's coming.

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 27, 2018, 09:13:51 pm
Beard and Barford had wide open shots all night. they just missed them.the open shots were there so it's not the offense.players got to hit those shots.Macon and C.J. were the only two who could hit an open jump shot.do agree that we have to get the ball to Gafford more.he only had 4 shots tonight.and only 3 in the game at UGA.got to get him more touches.Hogs won this game because of their good 2nd half defense.i love these players and coaches. i love this team.
Too much standing around on offense. Dribbling until jacking a 3.

elksnort

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 27, 2018, 09:32:49 pm
Why? Oh.....you want everybody to be miserable like you? I get it.
My god you're an idiot. I'm not miserable at all

WooPigFarm

I think this team is winning enough with defense despite some "mental issues"...  theres gonna be a point when we realize we are in the NCAA tournament and we will start to relax and play better hog ball...  were missing some shots, individuals doing too much at times...  I think when our guys can look at each other, and say "we are where we wanna be", they will play better

P.S. 
When we need a stop, we get a STOP!!!!

elksnort

Quote from: WooPigFarm on January 27, 2018, 09:46:26 pm
I think this team is winning enough with defense despite some "mental issues"...  theres gonna be a point when we realize we are in the NCAA tournament and we will start to relax and play better hog ball...  were missing some shots, individuals doing too much at times...  I think when our guys can look at each other, and say "we are where we wanna be", they will play better

P.S. 
When we need a stop, we get a STOP!!!!
Good post. This is what we can hope.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: elksnort on January 27, 2018, 09:43:30 pm
Yep, miserable. Your post history shows how ignorant you are about basketball. And you're miserable.

hogsanity

People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogsanity on January 27, 2018, 09:58:36 pm
Not at all.
You're the number 1 troll. You troll FCJ every chance you get.

razorpimp

I was pleasantly surprised by the increased defense and intensity by the team halfway through the 2nd half!  If they can keep that up all game then we might see a scary team....

porkinsons disease

Great win ! Hopefully we will be hitting on all cylinders when we meet OSU with a full lineup in the Sweet Sixteen. Go Hogs!
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 27, 2018, 09:59:31 pm

If you troll a troll is it still trolling? Actually I just do not let him post his garbage unopposed. And I only use one acct to do it.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogsanity on January 27, 2018, 10:01:40 pm
If you troll a troll is it still trolling? Actually I just do not let him post his garbage unopposed. And I only use one acct to do it.
Yes. And if you thank you're doing the world a favor you can stop because behind every corner is some DB that makes fun of his spelling or calls him out. You're not original. I can promise you that.

widespreadsooie

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 27, 2018, 10:04:02 pm
Yes. And if you thank you're doing the world a favor you can stop because behind every corner is some DB that makes fun of his spelling or calls him out. You're not original. I can promise you that.

where have I ever made fun of his spelling? And calling him out would be if he was not posting and I asked where he was. If he posts a thread of HIS OPINION, then myself, TL or anyone else can post OUR OPINION. If it does not agree with his our your's, thats kind of what debate and discussion is, and exchange of ideas and opinions. If we are all supposed to agree lets just have a "Hogs are great, Mike is a hof coach",  thread lock it, call it good and shut down the board.

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: hogsanity on January 27, 2018, 10:07:34 pm
where have I ever made fun of his spelling? And calling him out would be if he was not posting and I asked where he was. If he posts a thread of HIS OPINION, then myself, TL or anyone else can post OUR OPINION. If it does not agree with his our your's, thats kind of what debate and discussion is, and exchange of ideas and opinions. If we are all supposed to agree lets just have a "Hogs are great, Mike is a hof coach",  thread lock it, call it good and shut down the board.
Find me a message board of a top 20 RPI team that [CENSORED] like this one after a win. Find me one that wants their coach fired after the first TV timeout. People like you that bitch all the time are FAKE. FAKE as a $3 bill.

forrest city joe

Quote from: elksnort on January 27, 2018, 09:43:30 pm
Yes you are.you were hoping the Hogs would lose so you haters could start screaming again about the coach.but the Hogs messed you up by winning again.

jvanhorn

Is there a poll for luckiest basketball coach in America?  Even if he gets in the tournament he will be playing much better teams than these that he just barely squeaks by--at home for God's sake.  I don't usually feel like complaining but this has got disaster coming written all over it.   Could I be wrong?  Sure.  Would I like to be wrong?  You betcha.  But in my experience luck like this doesn't last forever.

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 27, 2018, 10:12:57 pm
Find me a message board of a top 20 RPI team that [CENSORED] like this one after a win. Find me one that wants their coach fired after the first TV timeout. People like you that bitch all the time are FAKE. FAKE as a $3 bill.

Guess you missed whee I said the 2nd half D was really good. OR where I predicted a 23-8 reg season. My gripe is because, unlike football where I think they have a ceiling of about 7 wins, I think basketball could be a national power again, but they are not going to do that with Mike as HC. I want to see season like they had in the early-mid 90's, but most seem happy to just live with the memories of 1994 keeping them warm.

jvanhorn

Quote from: elksnort on January 27, 2018, 09:50:53 pm
Good post. This is what we can hope.

Well my father told me once you can hope in one hand and poop in the other and see which one fills up first, lol.

Randohoggie

Quote from: hogsanity on January 27, 2018, 10:16:37 pm
most seem happy to just live with the memories of 1994 keeping them warm.

Maybe they just don't feel like bitching, moaning and crying at all times.  Just a thought.

hogsanity

Quote from: jvanhorn on January 27, 2018, 10:15:40 pm
Is there a poll for luckiest basketball coach in America?  Even if he gets in the tournament he will be playing much better teams than these that he just barely squeaks by--at home for God's sake.  I don't usually feel like complaining but this has got disaster coming written all over it.   Could I be wrong?  Sure.  Would I like to be wrong?  You betcha.  But in my experience luck like this doesn't last forever.

the disaster happened yesterday, Hogs signed up for mediocre results through 2022. They'll make the ncaat this year, like exit on the 1st weekend, and people will start talking about how next year, with 6 or 7 newcomers will be better because they will be more like the players Mike needs to play his style.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 27, 2018, 09:59:31 pm
Yes he does. and i come right back him on is BS.i bet he cried like a 1 year old when Anderson got that extension,and the Hogs won today.he had a bad weekend. he is a Mike Anderson hating troll.

forrest city joe

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 27, 2018, 10:17:55 pm
Maybe they just don't feel like bitching, moaning and crying at all times.  Just a thought.

BINGO!+1000

bvillepig

I think basketball could be a national power again, but they are not going to do that with Mike as HC. I want to see season like they had in the early-mid 90's, but most seem happy to just live with the memories of 1994 keeping them warm.
I think we will have another deep run in the tourney and I think Mike will be the coach. But thats just an opinion.

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 27, 2018, 10:22:27 pm
Yes he does. and i come right back him on is BS.i bet he cried like a 1 year old when Anderson got that extension,and the Hogs won today.he had a bad weekend. he is a Mike Anderson hating troll.

I did not even know about his extension until today, although I predicted earlier in the week. I have had a great weekend. One son home from college, the other is a month away from his 1st HS baseball game, beautiful Sat to do stuff outside. This game, in or lose meant nothing to my happiness.

Razorback_Mack

Guess you missed whee I said the 2nd half D was really good. OR where I predicted a 23-8 reg season. My gripe is because, unlike football where I think they have a ceiling of about 7 wins, I think basketball could be a national power again, but they are not going to do that with Mike as HC. I want to see season like they had in the early-mid 90's, but most seem happy to just live with the memories of 1994 keeping them warm.
Most understand how absolutely terrible Arkansas basketball was in the decade before Mike got here. Think about firing a coach who takes your team to the NCAA tourney 3/4 years, possibly wins a game in each of those years, possibly wins over 25 games in each of those years, etc. How absurd does that sound? People that want our coach fired if we get to the tournament again and win a game should be put in a room with padded walls.

Randohoggie

Quote from: hogsanity on January 27, 2018, 10:25:33 pm
I did not even know about his extension until today, although I predicted earlier in the week. I have had a great weekend. One son home from college, the other is a month away from his 1st HS baseball game, beautiful Sat to do stuff outside. This game, in or lose meant nothing to my happiness.

You are a liar on top of everything else.  Cool.

edemire

LOL this section should be repurposed in a Sonic commercial.

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 27, 2018, 08:54:50 pm
My man FCJ. You made me want a half price shake after 8.
"Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way when you criticize them, you are a mile away from them and you have their shoes."
-Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey

razorpimp

Quote from: bvillepig on January 27, 2018, 10:25:01 pm
I think we will have another deep run in the tourney and I think Mike will be the coach. But thats just an opinion.

I don't think so....defense wins championships and this team does not play defense.  At the end of the game our defense and rebounding was horrible, it took missed point blank shots

But agAin I was pleasantly surprised by the defense from halfway through the second half until about 2 min left.  I think the Hogs were gun shy because of all the called fouls

Razorback_Mack

Quote from: razorpimp on January 27, 2018, 10:28:21 pm
I don't think so....defense wins championships and this team does not play defense.  At the end of the game our defense and rebounding was horrible, it took missed point blank shots

But agAin I was pleasantly surprised by the defense from halfway through the second half until about 2 min left.  I think the Hogs were gun shy because of all the called fouls
With the right draw and hot shooting this team could do it.

razorpimp

Hogsanity - keep up the good fight!  I guess fans like us have higher expectations for Arkansas basketball!

These other folks just accept mediocrity.....
We beat the number 89 rpi team at home by one point!!!!  And it miraculously took two missed point blank shots to "steal" a win away from home????

hogsanity

Quote from: Razorback_Mack on January 27, 2018, 10:26:05 pm
Most understand how absolutely terrible Arkansas basketball was in the decade before Mike got here. Think about firing a coach who takes your team to the NCAA tourney 3/4 years, possibly wins a game in each of those years, possibly wins over 25 games in each of those years, etc. How absurd does that sound? People that want our coach fired if we get to the tournament again and win a game should be put in a room with padded walls.

They fired a coach off back to back ncaat appearances. I never said fire him if they make the NCAAT much less if they make it and win a game. All I have ever said about Mike is that he is a good coach, not special, not a great recruiter, and is going to top out by MAYBE making a sweet 16.