Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hogs win again. Hogs win.I love it

Started by forrest city joe, January 27, 2018, 08:43:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Letsroll1200

Quote from: bkjbearcat on January 28, 2018, 10:56:56 am
Right Mix of things???? Out of the first weekend of the NCAA's? Being told to pound rocks constantly by 5* players re the right mix of things?

Keep Watching

Arky

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 28, 2018, 02:25:13 pm
The whining and crying has gotten old?  Joe you constantly post and call people haters if they criticize anything about our basketball team.  That is probably getting old to some people as well.  You have been in a manic state ever since the announcement that Anderson got a two year extension as though you have been vindicated. 

He's done w pretty job with the basketball program overall.  But we still aren't doing anything in the ncaa tournament and you would think after 7 years we would have won more than two games.  You never acknowledge that we have made no impact in the post season and it seems unlikely that this team will either.  The question that you never answer is are you okay with never making a run in the ncaa tournament?  Because there is nothing to indicate that we will do anything significant this year or next year.  So if we don't that would be 8 years with 2 ncaa wins.  So joe...post here and call me a hater but after you do let's hear your thoughts on Mike's lack of success in the post season.  Man up and tell us that you are okay with winning 20 plus games per season, making the tournament most years but not all, and winning one game in the ncaa tournament every three years or so on average.  Is that the ceiling for your expectations for this program because if it is them at least we understand that.  A lot of us are hoping for more.  We remember the days where we made final fours and made runs in the tournament.  Joe call me a hater and then let us know your thoughts on Mike's post season performance as coach of the Razorbacks. 
hater!!!

forrest city joe

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 28, 2018, 02:25:13 pm
The whining and crying has gotten old?  Joe you constantly post and call people haters if they criticize anything about our basketball team.  That is probably getting old to some people as well.  You have been in a manic state ever since the announcement that Anderson got a two year extension as though you have been vindicated. 

He's done w pretty job with the basketball program overall.  But we still aren't doing anything in the ncaa tournament and you would think after 7 years we would have won more than two games.  You never acknowledge that we have made no impact in the post season and it seems unlikely that this team will either.  The question that you never answer is are you okay with never making a run in the ncaa tournament?  Because there is nothing to indicate that we will do anything significant this year or next year.  So if we don't that would be 8 years with 2 ncaa wins.  So joe...post here and call me a hater but after you do let's hear your thoughts on Mike's lack of success in the post season.  Man up and tell us that you are okay with winning 20 plus games per season, making the tournament most years but not all, and winning one game in the ncaa tournament every three years or so on average.  Is that the ceiling for your expectations for this program because if it is them at least we understand that.  A lot of us are hoping for more.  We remember the days where we made final fours and made runs in the tournament.  Joe call me a hater and then let us know your thoughts on Mike's post season performance as coach of the Razorbacks. 
Mike is winning games.Mike is selling out Bud Walton.Mike is getting contract extensions.so the people that count must be happy.it's the crybaby's like you who are whining and crying because you did not get your way. may as well stop your crying because Mike is going to be your coach,no matter if you like it or not.GO HOGS.

hogsanity

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 28, 2018, 02:37:14 pm
Mike is winning games.Mike is selling out Bud Walton.Mike is getting contract extensions.so the people that count must be happy.it's the crybaby's like you who are whining and crying because you did not get your way. may as well stop your crying because Mike is going to be your coach,no matter if you like it or not.GO HOGS.

your posting style is what gives you away as a fake. Anyone that actually was that bad at grammar and punctuation would not be so uniform in your posts. In your attempt to look uneducated, you actually give away your place as a troll.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

bkjbearcat

Thats not what he asked.
B-E-A-R-C-A-T-S BEARCATS, BEARCATS GOOOOOOO BEARCATS!!!!!!!<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Football: 1998, 1999, 2009, 2013, 2015, 2016<br /><br />D2 National Champs in Mens Basketball: 2017, 2019, No.1 team in 2020,2021, 2022

The OTR

He is winning games.  He's selling out Bud Walton.  And he got a contract extension.  And he is stinking it up in the post season.  And you can't even admit it or address or or answer a question about it because you know it's true.  But I think you answered the question without answering it.  As long as Mike is coach you don't care if we win the post season or not.  We know where you stand.  And we know you are afraid to discuss how we don't win in the tournament and that's okay too.  It's easier to call every one haters and act like a fool and a tool than admit Mike's post season performance leaves much to be desired. 

I like Mike Anderson a lot for the record.   But after seven years we have never won more than one game in the post season. And that means at best we have finished twice somewhere between the 16th best and 32nd best team in the country under his watch.  Because we sell out Bud Walton and because he got that extension in your mind that trumps 5 years of finishing 32nd or worse and two years of finishing between 16 and 32.   You're good with that.  We get it.  The rest of us are hoping for more every once in a while.  A sweet sixteen every three years isn't too much to ask for a program such as ours.  A final four every 5 or 6 years is not too much to ask either.  We know it doesn't matter to you.  In fact trying to explain anyone else's point of view to you, knowing you cannot comprehend it on any level due to your bizarre obsession with  mike Anderson, is a waste of time. 

Dr. Starcs

Quote from: Skandar Jackson on January 28, 2018, 02:53:33 pm
He is winning games.  He's selling out Bud Walton.  And he got a contract extension.  And he is stinking it up in the post season.  And you can't even admit it or address or or answer a question about it because you know it's true.  But I think you answered the question without answering it.  As long as Mike is coach you don't care if we win the post season or not.  We know where you stand.  And we know you are afraid to discuss how we don't win in the tournament and that's okay too.  It's easier to call every one haters and act like a fool and a tool than admit Mike's post season performance leaves much to be desired. 

I like Mike Anderson a lot for the record.   But after seven years we have never won more than one game in the post season. And that means at best we have finished twice somewhere between the 16th best and 32nd best team in the country under his watch.  Because we sell out Bud Walton and because he got that extension in your mind that trumps 5 years of finishing 32nd or worse and two years of finishing between 16 and 32.   You're good with that.  We get it.  The rest of us are hoping for more every once in a while.  A sweet sixteen every three years isn't too much to ask for a program such as ours.  A final four every 5 or 6 years is not too much to ask either.  We know it doesn't matter to you.  In fact trying to explain anyone else's point of view to you, knowing you cannot comprehend it on any level due to your bizarre obsession with  mike Anderson, is a waste of time. 

BOOM

Arky

go kick rocks....

The_Iceman

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 28, 2018, 12:23:43 pm
And thank God haters like you lost again.Hogs won.Anderson got extension.which pissed you and other haters off.while i love it!

We will lose the next two games. You know it and everyone knows it. So when will we hear from you after that?

McKdaddy

It does burn me up to be called a hater after I criticize something about the team or Mike.  I WANT THE HOGS AND MIKE TO SUCCEED FOR A LONG TIME, but why am I labeled a hater when I criticize him?  Mike is no different than Van Horn or Morris when it comes to criticism.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

porkinsons disease

Quote from: McKdaddy on January 28, 2018, 04:03:20 pm
It does burn me up to be called a hater after I criticize something about the team or Mike.  I WANT THE HOGS AND MIKE TO SUCCEED FOR A LONG TIME, but why am I labeled a hater when I criticize him?  Mike is no different than Van Horn or Morris when it comes to criticism.
^^^ this. Any concerns or criticism of Mike is taken personally . All other coaches seem to be fair game
This hiding behind he has a great recruiting classcoming in crap is just another excuse for this man. you could give this man M. Johnson and Larry Bird togather and he still would not win. he is a pitiful coach who can,t coach a lick.-fcj 1/22/2011

Science Fiction Greg

Quote from: McKdaddy on January 28, 2018, 04:03:20 pm

Honest question:  why?  Why does it burn you up?  Maybe I just have thicker skin than most, but what on earth difference does it really matter that someone that can't for the life of them figure out the correct way to use punctuation and spaces in a single post for their entire existence calls you a hater?  You got to learn to roll with a few punches in your life.
I spend all my time playing Trackmania, and various board games. You might remember me as Corndog7 or PossibleOatmeal.
Twitter sucks now. I deleted my account. I mostly just use TikTok now.

orvillesghost

I notice that he didn't answer the question. He will never answer those questions for his supporters have no answer for them...

BallHog1

I support Mike and I truly believe in terms of love for the hogs and the program that Joe cares more about the hogs than you ever have or will.
You may or may not be a hater but that is exactly what you sound like when you criticize Joe and Coach Anderson in spite of their amazing success.

McKdaddy

Quote from: Possible Oatmeal on January 28, 2018, 04:16:49 pm
Honest question:  why?  Why does it burn you up?  Maybe I just have thicker skin than most, but what on earth difference does it really matter that someone that can't for the life of them figure out the correct way to use punctuation and spaces in a single post for their entire existence calls you a hater?  You got to learn to roll with a few punches in your life.

True.  We try teach to our kiddos many things, one of which is to not be hypocritical.  Hypocrites drive me batty, which is my fault for allowing that to happen, but I really struggle with them not bothering me.
Don't buy upgrades, ride up grades.

"You are everything that is wrong with this place . . . Ban me"

"CPI, ex-food and energy, is only good for an anorexic pedestrian"--Art Cashin

The OTR

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 28, 2018, 04:18:55 pm
I support Mike and I truly believe in terms of love for the hogs and the program that Joe cares more about the hogs than you ever have or will.
You may or may not be a hater but that is exactly what you sound like when you criticize Joe and Coach Anderson in spite of their amazing success.

You got me there.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 28, 2018, 03:46:45 pm
We will lose the next two games. You know it and everyone knows it. So when will we hear from you after that?

When the Hogs win don't go hiding. A&M lead guards are not dangerous. We will have a chance against A&M and LSU. I could see the Hogs winning both games.

hogsanity

Amazing success?  2 n caat wins in 6 years is amazing success? See that's the problem, if it were any coach not names Mike Anderson no one would consider that amazing success.
People ask me what I do in winter when there is no baseball.  I will tell you what I do. I stare out the window, and I wait for spring.

"Anything goes wrong, anything at all, your fault, my fault, nobodies fault, I'm going to blow your head off."  John Wayne in BIG JAKE

Letsroll1200

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2018, 04:54:56 pm
Amazing success?  2 n caat wins in 6 years is amazing success? See that's the problem, if it were any coach not names Mike Anderson no one would consider that amazing success.

Yes! He got a dead program back to life. He followed guys name Heath and Pelphrey. Beard at Texas Tech followed Tubby, Mike White followed Billy. This was a tough job. No stability.

dhizzle

If you guys can't see the hogs are not playing like they were earlier in the year then you are blind. They were moving the ball and moving without the ball earlier in the year. I don't think it's coach because he talked about sucking it up on the offense. Guys need to make hard cuts and not be scared of the zone. Watching the game I swear they only thought the three ball was the answer.  The game they are playing now days is drive to the hoop hard and the refs will call a blocking foul. I know it's not consistent, however Macon and Barford need to do it because they will draw the foul. Lately they just shoot the three.

The OTR

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 28, 2018, 05:07:48 pm
Yes! He got a dead program back to life. He followed guys name Heath and Pelphrey. Beard at Texas Tech followed Tubby, Mike White followed Billy. This was a tough job. No stability.

Thanks Joe Jr.

PharmacistHog

Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

Randohoggie

Quote from: dhizzle on January 28, 2018, 05:51:28 pm
If you guys can't see the hogs are not playing like they were earlier in the year then you are blind. They were moving the ball and moving without the ball earlier in the year. I don't think it's coach because he talked about sucking it up on the offense. Guys need to make hard cuts and not be scared of the zone. Watching the game I swear they only thought the three ball was the answer.  The game they are playing now days is drive to the hoop hard and the refs will call a blocking foul. I know it's not consistent, however Macon and Barford need to do it because they will draw the foul. Lately they just shoot the three.

That's just the thing.  Yes, the team played better earlier in the season.  They were also playing against teams and coaches not as familiar with playing them.  Not only are the SEC coaches familiar with Arkansas, there are good teams up and down this year.  You are seeing close games every day.  8 games into the conference season, 12 of 14 teams have at least 3 losses.  They just took out the supposed number 1 conference in a challenge and did it without the best team in the conference thus far.

It's not like Anderson knew how to coach earlier in the season and then forgot.  Other teams are also working hard, improving and trying to win.  Sometimes, they will do so against Arkansas.  Yet, here we are, top 25 RPI and a game out of 3rd in the SEC.

Anderson is doing well right now.  Recruiting is going well.  We are likely headed to our 3rd NCAA in 4 years.  We have made the SEC Tournament final 2 of 3 years.  We are winning 20+ almost every year.

It's not perfect, but it rarely ever is.  You have to walk before you can run and program stability, improved recruiting and consistent winning will continue to pay off. 

Just my opinion.

Dr. Starcs

Could part of the struggles be game film study and preparation or lack thereof?

Might explain a little why we seem to be a diffeeent team than earlier.

Dr. Starcs

Just another thought, but I think an additional reason as to our recent struggles is certain players not understanding their roles. Well-defined roles and players that sacrifice to play those roles could really be the difference in how the rest of this season plays out.

Captain Morgan

Quote from: tconey1 on January 28, 2018, 01:19:02 pm
FCJ cant be a real person. Its just too over the top to not be a plant!

^^^^^^
This

BallHog1

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2018, 04:54:56 pm
I contend that both FCJ and Mike to a lesser extent have been wildly successful at what they do.

The OTR

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 28, 2018, 07:46:47 pm
I contend that both FCJ and Mike to a lesser extent have been wildly successful at what they do.

Finally something I can agree with. 

Mike is making millions.  He's earned it.  Can't say anyone making over 2 million a year isn't successful.

Joe?  Yes.  He is King Kong on this board.  He routinely swats down posters like myself like King Kong swatting down airplanes and helicopters (have not been able resist the 1976 King Kong which has been on some movie channels lately - I find myself watching bits and pieces just every once in a while).

Joe is the most famous and I would suggest most infamous poster on this board.  Those who don't know him from the board might know him from radio call in shows.  He is ten feet tall and right now is at his lean and basic best calling everyone haters and talking about his unabashed bordering on obsessive love for Mike Anderson.  While some of you can't resist the irony that Joe has called for the heads of just about every coach we've ever had when I pointed thus out Joe informed me he didn't want Petrino fired or dug into the archives to point out he didn't want Kenny Hatfield fired either and told me to get my facts straight.  Joe is like Sgt. Hulka.  He is tough, no nonsense, and he tells it like he sees it and if you dare point out any contradictions or dare point out a Mike Anderson flaw he has hater ready to pull out of one holster and keeps it was The refs fault in the other holster.  He's quick on the draw with both and will conk your or me or anyone else over the head with it on an as needed basis.  He's ten feet tall and has status here that is unparrelled.  I'm a fan of Forrest city hulka, I mean Joe I must admit.  I'm pretty much addicted to his post game threads and I'm not alone in that as others of you are just like me, refreshing every 10 seconds to see how he's setting the table for a donneybrook with other posters in his thread.  It's the siren's song of Hogville for me. 

Joe is on top of his game right now.  His brawling two fisted style IS hogville during basketball season.  I wish he'd be a mod here.  If anyone deserves it in my opinion it is Delta Boy and Joe. 

Joe keel up the good work.  Keep calling out the haters.  Never change, Joe.  Never change. 

Your biggest fan,

Skandar Jackson

3of5-2

I'm not ready to break out those FCJ suck up dolls.

tconey1

You have to be s#$$ing me!!

AlmaHog2011

Have changed my mind on FCJ I thought he was a Razorback fan turns out he's just a Mike Anderson fan and not really a Hogfan.

PonderinHog

forrest city joe

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2018, 02:40:30 pm
your posting style is what gives you away as a fake. Anyone that actually was that bad at grammar and punctuation would not be so uniform in your posts. In your attempt to look uneducated, you actually give away your place as a troll.
THe only troll here are haters like you.you want Mike fired and did not get your way.and you are pissed off about it.you may as well get over it.you lost the battle on this.YOU LOST!

forrest city joe

Quote from: tconey1 on January 28, 2018, 09:04:24 pm
You have to be s#$$ing me!!
No he's telling haters like you the truth.i give him a +1000  on his post.

FineAsSwine

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 28, 2018, 03:46:45 pm

So the Hogs have no chance huh?

PharmacistHog

Quote from: forrest city joe on January 28, 2018, 09:32:15 pm
THe only troll here are haters like you.you want Mike fired and did not get your way.and you are pissed off about it.you may as well get over it.you lost the battle on this.YOU LOST!

Mike Irwin said the extension was strictly for recruiting and has no bearing on how long mike will or won't be here. Do you agree?
Quote from: GA reddiehog on May 18, 2019, 12:36:02 pm<br />Hogs have hit a wall at the wrong time of the season.  I will go on record now and say they may not even get out of their regional.  The hitting has been carrying them with a few good pitching outings but they just don't have the reliable pitching they need to get back to the CWS.<br />
Quote from: GA reddiehog on April 16, 2024, 07:44:38 pmPitching over hyped and hitting nonexistent is going to make for several loses here on out. Maybe it will not be as bad as the BB team. Lack of hitting has been a problem for many moons.

daprospecta

Quote from: gchamblee on January 28, 2018, 05:12:49 am
FCJ wanted to win all the football games and was happy when we did win, but bitched and moaned about coaching and the teams performance every week, even when we won. This made sense to him because he wanted better than barely getting the wins we did and losing the games we did. He littered the board weekly with calls for our coach to be fired and was downright nasty with anyone that disagreed with him.

If anyone brings that same mentality to jump ball or criticizes our coaching and performance in any way, he takes it personal and starts labeling you a hater and accuses you of not being a fan. He has an obvious double standard and makes no attempt to camouflage it. He has a special kind of relationship with CMA. He has an irrational loyalty to the man and is willing to make a fool of himself defending his mancrush. Those of you that get worked up over it need to discipline yourselves and stop clicking on his threads. In his mind, it simply isnt possible to be happy we won and also be unhappy with the teams performance or the coaching. That is a privilege that only he deserves.
I read this on my phone and I logged in on my computer to comment.  Since you are comparing the two, I will give you an opinion from a player who actually played on the hill and why CBB should have been fired. His team quit on him early and often and it started two years ago and snowballed into last year.  Houston Nutt was my coach. I will not defend the guy because he did something unfavorable that I was affected by. We never quit especially on defense.  You quit on the field and you might get a black eye after film sessions. Anyway, CBB had his team fighting tooth and nail in 2014-2015.  I enjoyed that season and we only won 6 games. Why?  We were losing because we were outclassed but not because of effort and game-plan.  The recruiting didn't get better, the game plan got worse and players starting quitting early and often. Compare that to CMA. Recruiting has gotten better, game-plan is the same and while we may lose, the players don't quit.  Do you see the difference?

hogsanity

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 28, 2018, 07:46:47 pm

I contend that is just stupid. Yet, now that I think about it, so Arkansas. Making the NCAAT twice in 6 seasons is " Wildly Successful ". Coming on a message board and being a fan of a man above team is also so like Arkansas.

PonderinHog

Quote from: hogsanity on January 28, 2018, 10:54:20 pm
I contend that is just stupid. Yet, now that I think about it, so Arkansas. Making the NCAAT twice in 6 seasons is " Wildly Successful ". Coming on a message board and being a fan of a man above team is also so like Arkansas.
Coming from the biggest Nutt Hugger on this board, that's just golden.

BallHog1

BallHog1

Quote from: PonderinHog on January 29, 2018, 07:45:49 am
You just have to understand Hogsanity, its all about the refs....not the coaches and not the players, the refs are the real heroes in all things athletic. He has posters of his favorite ref heroes in in his room.

hogsanity

Quote from: BallHog1 on January 29, 2018, 08:27:13 am
You just have to understand Hogsanity, its all about the refs....not the coaches and not the players, the refs are the real heroes in all things athletic. He has posters of his favorite ref heroes in in his room.

I could not name 8 refs in college or pro basketball. But hey, if you think 2 ncaat wins in 6 season is "wildly successful" good for you. Just remember, in that same span Florida Gulf Coast has 3 ncaat wins.

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: hogsanity on January 27, 2018, 10:01:40 pm
If you troll a troll is it still trolling? Actually I just do not let him post his garbage unopposed. And I only use one acct to do it.

I love that you insist on calling him a troll for celebrating Razorbacks victories. It's very telling.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

KlubhouseKonnected

That FCJ Guy sucks!! He only comes on here to rub our noses in victory when we win!!! What a J!!!

-Hogsanity
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

FineAsSwine

Wow, I didn't know that hogsanity hugged Houston's nuts. That's a lot of love there man.

OkieBack

Quote from: Dr. Starcs on January 28, 2018, 06:43:28 pm
Just another thought, but I think an additional reason as to our recent struggles is certain players not understanding their roles. Well-defined roles and players that sacrifice to play those roles could really be the difference in how the rest of this season plays out.

Didn't see this post until today, but I agree.  Defensively we are getting where we want to be.  It's once we get in our set on offense that is troubling.  Too much standing around, waiting to shoot the 3 (as one other poster said it).  I too see the players struggling to find their roles.  That is where I think we have recruited a few too many players with the same skill set.  MA has to demand more motion offensively if we want more shots under the basket.

I hope to see way more motion under the basket, may be see if Thompson cant get a few more looks. If we have players struggling with the 10-12 footers then don't let them shoot unless they can get inside for a layup.  Motion, motion, motion. 

riccoar

Cosign.  Anybody with 2 live brain cells knows HDN was spawned from the darkest corner of Satan's sack.

PonderinHog

Quote from: riccoar on January 29, 2018, 09:34:32 am
Cosign.  Anybody with 2 live brain cells knows HDN was spawned from the darkest corner of Satan's sack.
We actually agree on something ???

I'm shocked!   ;)

J-Five

Quote from: Randohoggie on January 28, 2018, 06:08:27 pm
That's just the thing.  Yes, the team played better earlier in the season.  They were also playing against teams and coaches not as familiar with playing them.  Not only are the SEC coaches familiar with Arkansas, there are good teams up and down this year.  You are seeing close games every day.  8 games into the conference season, 12 of 14 teams have at least 3 losses.  They just took out the supposed number 1 conference in a challenge and did it without the best team in the conference thus far.

It's not like Anderson knew how to coach earlier in the season and then forgot.  Other teams are also working hard, improving and trying to win.  Sometimes, they will do so against Arkansas.  Yet, here we are, top 25 RPI and a game out of 3rd in the SEC.

Anderson is doing well right now.  Recruiting is going well.  We are likely headed to our 3rd NCAA in 4 years.  We have made the SEC Tournament final 2 of 3 years.  We are winning 20+ almost every year.

It's not perfect, but it rarely ever is.  You have to walk before you can run and program stability, improved recruiting and consistent winning will continue to pay off. 

Just my opinion.

CONCUR
"If the person you're criticizing is doing it better than you are, close your mouth"

FineAsSwine

Quote from: KlubhouseKonnected on January 29, 2018, 09:11:36 am
That FCJ Guy sucks!! He only comes on here to rub our noses in victory when we win!!! What a J!!!

-Hogsanity