Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

game two UTA - supposed to start at 2, but should be delay just a bit

Started by flippinhogmana, March 20, 2018, 02:04:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

flippinhogmana

Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

flippinhogmana

I would expect to see Storms in the circle, but perhaps Archuleta at catcher?
otherwise I expect the lineup and batting order to be much the same, although I wouldnt be surprised to see Malkin in left, Parr in center.
Like the erstwhile Clark Kent, my true identity is shielded.  I am an author, Nathan J. Allison is my pen name.

pigture perfect

Game 1 was a good win, I hope to string together more hits this game though.
The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

flippinhogmana

Quote from: pigture perfect on March 20, 2018, 02:07:45 pm
Game 1 was a good win, I hope to string together more hits this game though.

1+ we only have two hot hitters right now in Diaz and
Warrick (although Buczek is still battling, as is Parr and Manzo), McEwen has lost the edge right now as has Bugarin, and Green is definitely scuffling now as is Krzysko (but Loren shows more sings of coming out of it).

flippinhogmana

Green is back at catcher, Krzysko in center, Storms in the circle

flippinhogmana

storms in the top of the first gets ahead of the leadoff hitter 0-1, but a soft liner over Storms cant be fielded quickly enough to gun down the batter, one on, nobody out
2nd batter grounds to 3rd on a 2-2 pitch, runner has to stay at first, one down
3rd batter, falls behind 0-1, the runner is at second, even if the live stat shows her at first still
green with a good play on a bunt, throws out the batter, runner moves to third with two down,
4th batter strikes out, stranding the runner.  To the bottom of the first, no score. 

flippinhogmana

Buczek lines out to rf
McEwen gets ahead 2-0, 3-0, flies out to cf, two down
Diaz also flies out to center, to the top of the 2nd, no score
this pitcher is 7-4, a freshman transfer from A&M btw
She threw a no-hitter her last time out.

flippinhogmana

Diaz and Buczek were both first pitch swinging, MeEwen flied out on a 3-0 count.  Not giving themselves much of an opportunity to read the pitcher or make her work.
1st batter, gets behind 1-2, and then strikes out swinging, one down
2nd batter, also gets behind, 0-1, 0-2, then lines out to 2nd, two down
3rd batter gets ahead 1-0, 1-1, 1-2, then strikes out for a one, two, three quick inning for Storms

flippinhogmana

Bottom of the second, Katie Warrick leads off, gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, and walks to lead it off
Manzo first pitch swinging as well but singles up the middle, two on, nobody out for Krzysko,
flies out to deep cf, but edwards the pr advances to 3rd with only one down
Green gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, grounds out but the runner scores and manzo advances to 2nd with two down, hogs 1-0
Bugarin works a 2-2 count, and then grounds to ss.  Hogs lead 1-0 to the top of the 3rd.

flippinhogmana

First UTA batter works a 1-1 count, then grounds out to 3rd
2nd batter, falls behind 1-2, 2-2, then singles through the left side, one on, one out
3rd batter gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, 3-0, 3-1, 3-2, grounds to Buczek who boots it, to put runners on second and first with one out,
4th batter with a bunt single to load the bases with one out
Storms get ahead 0-1 on the next batter, and works her for a much needed K, two down, bases still loaded
Storms gets ahead 0-1, 0-2, and strikes her out with four pitches to work around the single and error, hogs up by one going to the bottom of the 3rd.  Storms really showed her mettle there.  She now has five Ks.

flippinhogmana

Parr will lead off and then the top of the order
Sydney works ahead 3-1, then lines out to lf on a good play by the UTA left fielder
Buczek falls behind 0-1, bunt single to third, no play
Hammerin Hannah, needs to be patient and let the game come to her, she gets ahead 3-0, 3-1, 3-2, (Buczek steals second), and Hannah fouls out to 3rd, two down, runner on 2nd for Diaz
Ashley gets ahead 2-0, then singles to left to drive in the run, 2-0 hogs
Warrick works a 1-1 count, 2-1, 2-2, 3-2, and then strikes out swinging.  2-0 hogs to the top of the 4th

flippinhogmana

storms gets ahead 0-1 on the first hitter, 1-1, 1-2, 2-2, 3-2, and draws a walk to lead off the inning,
2nd batter grounds out, but the batter advances to 2nd, one down,
3rd batter falls behind 0-2, 1-2, fouls out several pitches and then strikes out for Storms 6th K, two down
Storms flies out to cf.  to the bottom of the 4th

flippinhogmana

Manzo to lead off.  Aly gets ahead and then works a 2-2 count, then taps of the pitcher's glove to 2nd base and is retired, one down
Krzysko with a similar play but beats it out, runner on first with one out for Green
Kayla works a 3-1 count and walks, two on, one out for Bugarin
Haydi singles to center to load the bases with one out for Parr
Sydney falls behind 0-1, then flies out to lf but gets the run home, two down, 3-0 hogs,
runners still on first and second for Buczek
Autumn gets behind 0-1, 0-2, 1-2, then triples to right center, driving in two, 5-0 hogs,
McEwen gets some of her edge back, singles in Buczek 6-0 hogs,
Diaz (with Hammerin Hannah on first) grounds out to end the home half of the fourth, hogs with some two out scoring!

flippinhogmana

Nice to see Bugarin, Buczek, and McEwen come through in that inning!  I think Krzysko's slump is pretty much over too.  Hope the same is true for Bugarin.  Green had a good at bat, too.

flippinhogmana

First batter in the top of the 5th gets an infield single,
2nd batter hit by pitch on an 0-2 pitch and Storms has some work to do, two on, nobody out
3rd batter gets behind 0-2, retired on a fc, but runners all all safe because no one was covering third, bases loaded and nobody out
4th batter grounds out to ss, one run scores, one out, two on at 2nd and 3rd
5th batter hit by pitch, loads the bases again, with one down
6th batter falls behind 0-1, grounds out, but another run scores, 6-2 hogs, two down, runner now at first and third, wild pitch and another run comes in, 6-3, runner at third now, and a walk follows on four pitches,, to put runners at first and third, two down
next batter gets ahead 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, grounds out, but UTA scores three to make it a 6-3 game.

flippinhogmana

two hit batters, a walk and a passed ball didnt help much that inning.

bottom of the 5th, Warrick leads off, she gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, barely misses a homer off the top of the wall, doubles to right center,
Manzo flies out to left, Warrick has to stay at second,
Krzysko, lines a single on the first pitch to left, warrick to third, one down
Green gets ahead 1-0, 1-1, 2-2, grounds to ss, warrick comes in to score (7-3), Green reaches safely on the fc and advances to second on a throwing error by ss, krzsko to third
Bugarin flies to 2nd, and Krzysko scores on the play, 8-3, two down
Parr works a 3-2 count, then strikes out swinging, but the hogs get two back to lead 8-3 going to the top of the 6th.

flippinhogmana

Storms retires the first batter on a deep fly to right
2nd batter singles up the middle on a 1-1 count with one down
3rd batter falls behind 0-1, reaches on an fc, runner out at second, two down
Storms gets ahead on the next batter 0-1, but doesnt get to finish her at bat as Green guns down the runner trying to steal.  To the bottom of the sixth, 8-3 hogs

flippinhogmana

Autumn Buczek (2-3 on the day with two rbis on a triple so far today) will lead off
Autumn gets ahead 1-0, 2-0, 2-1, 3-1, 3-2, and singles to ss, one on, nobody out
Hammerin Hannah has to wait for a pitching change, she taps the first pitch to the pitcher, Autumn to second, one down
Diaz gets ahead 2-0, then fouls out to 3rd,
Warrick gets ahead 1-0, 1-1, 2-1, and the Katie wracks up another homer (to rcf) 10-3 hogs!  a long home run
Manzo gets ahead 2-0, reaches on a fielding error
Kyzysko singles to left on the first pitch
Green pops up to end it the inning.

flippinhogmana

Hedgcock will come it to try and end it with a seven run lead.
Caroline falls behind 2-0 to the first batter and then 3-0, 3-1, then falls her.
2nd batter falls behind 0-1, 1-1, 2-1 on a passed ball, runner to second, nobody out, then homers to drive in two, 10-5 hogs
falls behind 2-0 on the next batter, 3-0, and walks her (quick hook?)
next batter will face storms, she falls behind autumn 0-2, 1-2, runner advances to second on a wild pitch) flies out for the first out, runner advances to 3rd with one down,
next batter works a 1-1 count, 1-2, 2-2, and Ks for storms 7th K. 
Storms falls behind 1-0 and the runner scores on a passed ball, 10-6, works a 3-1 count, then grounds out to manzo to end the game.

flippinhogmana

storms goes the distance (despite Hedgcock's appearance), give us three runs, two earned, seven Ks for her 9th win.  now they say that none of the three runs were earned even though they showed two of them being earned before. 

Buczek, Warrick and Krzysko are the hitting stars (especially good to see if for Loren).