Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Predict the finish

Started by Snout team, January 14, 2018, 08:08:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Snout team

If you get out your Chrystal ball and look inside, who do you see inking with the hogs.

I say Boyd, Mason, and Gooden along with our current commits.  What say you?
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

ricepig

We only have one current commit, Noah Gatlin.

SooieGeneris

Just hunches, no inside info, but here goes:

Tyree Wilson WDE
Courtre Alexander WDE
Rakeem Boyd RB
Myles Mason (the new M&M) S
Noah Gatlin OT
Andrew Parker LB
Tony St. Julien ATH (CB-S maybe)
Emmit Gooden DT

If any more than 8 are signed, my guess would be an OT, Winkel or Gasaway with Winkel getting first shot.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

colbs

January 14, 2018, 08:21:09 pm #3 Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:15:57 pm by colbs
Boyd
Andrew Parker
Tyree Wilson
Courtee Alexander
Ryan Winkel
Aaron Brule
Gatlin

WoooPigSooieShane

I think these are the ones who are pretty likely:
Courtre Alexander - DE
Tyree Wilson - DE
Myles Mason - S
Andrew Parker - LB
Emmit Gooden - DT
Noah Gatlin - OT

And I would be absolutely thrilled if we somehow get one of the WR's we're looking at. Either Jalen Preston or Treveon Johnson to flip, or if we somehow grabbed Tommy Bush.

And it would be great to grab one of the RB's who are looking at us, either Boyd, Strong, or St. Julien.

Bubba's Bruisers

I predict the OL recruiting will be very thin once again. 

Is Battle still in play?

I'll guess...

RB  Boyd
OL  Gatlin
DT  Gooden
DE  Wilson
S    Mason

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Snout team

Quote from: ricepig on January 14, 2018, 08:17:46 pm
We only have one current commit, Noah Gatlin.

I thought we still had 2 unsigned.  My mistake
The scout team (snout team) is an important part of the team although it gets little credit.

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: colbs on January 14, 2018, 08:21:09 pm
Boyd
Andrew Parker
Tyree Wilson
Courtee Alexander
Ryan Winkel
Aaron Brule
Gatlin
I agree with this list, except I'd replace Brule with Mason. And I think we have a good chance at landing a big time receiver

ICEman

Quote from: #hammerdown on January 14, 2018, 08:08:47 pm
If you get out your Chrystal ball and look inside, who do you see inking with the hogs.

I say Boyd, Mason, and Gooden along with our current commits.  What say you?
Knew a few over the years.
"College football is a sport that bears the same relation to education that bullfighting does to agriculture."

#1 STUNNA

parallaxpig

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 14, 2018, 08:19:16 pm
Just hunches, no inside info, but here goes:

Tyree Wilson WDE
Courtre Alexander WDE
Rakeem Boyd RB
Myles Mason (the new M&M) S
Noah Gatlin OT
Andrew Parker LB
Tony St. Julien ATH (CB-S maybe)
Emmit Gooden DT           nope

If any more than 8 are signed, my guess would be an OT, Winkel or Gasaway with Winkel getting first shot.
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

jackflash

if the Hogs offer 8 prospect in the late signing period. I expect 5 to go to defensive players

Oklahawg

I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

SooieGeneris

Quote from: parallaxpig on January 15, 2018, 09:06:16 am

You may be right, it seems something is hinky with Gooden, not sure what. Replace Gooden with an OT. He just got offered by TN and seemed thrilled about it on twitter, had an uncle who played there.

Winkel gets first shot, if he turns us down for MSU, Nebraska or NW Gasaway is reportedly waiting for an offer from us. Maybe he gets offered as a PWO or blueshirt if there is a OT they like better, don't know who that might be though.
An Old OL coach who's team couldn't block a hat last season... If things aren't MUCH better this fall,  enjoy Hot Springs Sammy!

SooieGeneris

Looking like Jaylen Moody, LB out of SC too, not sure if he replaces Parker or they add two LBs and maybe subtract another position. If a big WR wants to come, if it's one we were after, they won't be turned away IMO.

ricepig

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 16, 2018, 12:57:45 pm
Looking like Jaylen Moody, LB out of SC too, not sure if he replaces Parker or they add two LBs and maybe subtract another position. If a big WR wants to come, if it's one we were after, they won't be turned away IMO.

Moody doesn't have an offer yet, but is scheduled for a visit.

nwahogfan1

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 15, 2018, 10:35:36 am
OL
2 DE
S
LB
WR
RB
ATH

I think they take 3 or 4 OLM in this class.  They have one committed and one signed right now so 2 more if they get the right ones.  What you think?

Oklahawg

Quote from: nwahogfan1 on January 16, 2018, 03:20:09 pm

I think they take 3 or 4 OLM in this class.  They have one committed and one signed right now so 2 more if they get the right ones.  What you think?

Remember, we count by Ty Clary, who might RS this next year for his "catch up" year and be in the same "class" as the two we have right now.

If you go by offers, you'd think we are going with 3-4 DEs and 3-4 WRs. Those numbers seem to indicate we see WR and DE as bigger needs.

It is fair to suggest that MY list is based on what I see with the roster, not what the coaches are seeing (and what aligns with needs). I have thought that OT, OLB, and S are bigger needs than DE. I bet that John Scott knows a thing or two about the DL situation and Chavis is not going to come in and go slow on the front line.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

SooieGeneris

Quote from: ricepig on January 16, 2018, 01:01:21 pm
Moody doesn't have an offer yet, but is scheduled for a visit.

I wondered about that as he doesn't list an offer on 24/7. I thought I had seen him post on twitter of an offer, but it may have just been one of those graphics showing them in a Hog uni. He has tweeted about us at times and CM retweeted, so do you think we would take 2 LBs if he and Parker both want to commit?

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 16, 2018, 04:23:00 pm
Remember, we count by Ty Clary, who might RS this next year for his "catch up" year and be in the same "class" as the two we have right now.

If you go by offers, you'd think we are going with 3-4 DEs and 3-4 WRs. Those numbers seem to indicate we see WR and DE as bigger needs.

It is fair to suggest that MY list is based on what I see with the roster, not what the coaches are seeing (and what aligns with needs). I have thought that OT, OLB, and S are bigger needs than DE. I bet that John Scott knows a thing or two about the DL situation and Chavis is not going to come in and go slow on the front line.

I had forgotten about he and Hayden Henry blue shirting. I guess the new staff is taking that into consideration on the numbers?

ricepig

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 16, 2018, 05:35:36 pm
I wondered about that as he doesn't list an offer on 24/7. I thought I had seen him post on twitter of an offer, but it may have just been one of those graphics showing them in a Hog uni. He has tweeted about us at times and CM retweeted, so do you think we would take 2 LBs if he and Parker both want to commit?

That I don't know, and where does Brule fit in?

Oklahawg

Somewhere in the calculation is more of something like this:

OL
DE
S
ATH
another offense - "best who will commit"
2 more defense - "best who will commit"

There has to be a lot of unknown for the coaches. If you have a full 25 you get your base 20 and then use the final five for targeting weak spots but we don't have that luxury.

lookawayquick

Alexander, Parker, Wilson, Brule, Mason, Gatlin, Boyd.  Gassaway?

Highway Hog Sign

Gatlin (c), Alexander (c), Parker (c), Boyd, Winkel, Moody, Mason, Wilson. Gerald, Brule, and Strong are possibilities. I think there's a better than 50/50 chance we go over 16 signees.
The best Razorback recruiting breakdown on the Internet (and it's FREE): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1Xx_dGJc2FHXQHuqZDtmA_OQ4LbZBnXAwmNcPzRErpPU/edit?usp=sharing

SooieGeneris

All the recently added names at LB, Parker, Moody and Brule who may be put at LB if he signs make me think Chavis sized up the numbers at LB and felt we needed more. Either that or in his evaluations of the current players he didn't think some fit his system. Plus Greenlaw will be a SR and Harris a JR so he may have felt the need to get their replacements here to groom them a year or two.

Since we don't get the already super developed 5 stars like 'Bama or 4's who just need to be polished a little, we need to get guys in and start them on special teams and 2nd-3rd string to groom them before they take over.

Parker's name just came up a week or two ago, about the same time as Moody's although Parker had an offer first. IMO, Brule would play OLB for us rather than safety if we get him. Then, a few other names popped up: Wheat, Bolton, maybe a couple more. Just seems like all these names came up after Chavis was named DC.

jackflash

Defensive Ends Alexander, Wilson LB Parker, moody, S mason, OL Gatlin, Winkel, RB Boyd any maybe DB Goodrich, WR Johnson they wouldn't  so no to any of these

hawg1221

Mason spent his own money to come for a 2nd visit in about a months time, so I would feel pretty good about him being on one of those lists.

Oklahawg

Quote from: hawg1221 on January 22, 2018, 11:04:10 am
Mason spent his own money to come for a 2nd visit in about a months time, so I would feel pretty good about him being on one of those lists.

Agreed.

Oklahawg

Quote from: Highway Hog Sign on January 22, 2018, 09:49:24 am
Gatlin (c), Alexander (c), Parker (c), Boyd, Winkel, Moody, Mason, Wilson. Gerald, Brule, and Strong are possibilities. I think there's a better than 50/50 chance we go over 16 signees.

I think Morris is going to want more of his guys on the 2018 team and we over-sign what we think we can sign.

hawgwash

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 22, 2018, 11:38:05 am
I think Morris is going to want more of his guys on the 2018 team and we over-sign what we think we can sign.
So with the new rules about scholarships being "guaranteed" for 4 years, does that mean a player can be cut from the roster, still have a scholarship to school, but not count toward the 85 and, I assume, not eligible to play for that school?  Or does it mean they are part of the 85 for the full 4 years if they stay in school there?

ricepig

Quote from: hawgwash on January 22, 2018, 11:58:20 am
So with the new rules about scholarships being "guaranteed" for 4 years, does that mean a player can be cut from the roster, still have a scholarship to school, but not count toward the 85 and, I assume, not eligible to play for that school?  Or does it mean they are part of the 85 for the full 4 years if they stay in school there?

You can't remove them for athletic reasons, only academic, or athletic department policy's violations. So, they count, unless they move on, or are medically unable to continue.

Tim Harris

I don't know that I would call this a prediction these guys I feel different decent about.

Joseph Foucha
Tyree Wilson
Ryan Winkel
Charles Strong

Would love to see us also somehow add Mario Goodrich and Miles Battle who are both scheduled to visit the last weekend but don't feel good about either.

Pork Ranger

Any Olinemen left on the board??? Really hope we can add at least one more to make up for the bare cupboard we currently have.

IMO, lack of OL recruiting early on led to CBBs demise. Don't want to see that happen again

Hogindasticks

Quote from: Pork Ranger on January 24, 2018, 11:08:46 am
Any Olinemen left on the board??? Really hope we can add at least one more to make up for the bare cupboard we currently have.

IMO, lack of OL recruiting early on led to CBBs demise. Don't want to see that happen again

Playing a different game this year.....they won't have to be as powerful to succeed in this offense.

Pork Ranger

Quote from: Hogindasticks on January 24, 2018, 12:24:51 pm
Playing a different game this year.....they won't have to be as powerful to succeed in this offense.

I agree to a certain extent. Still think we need some guys with quick feet that will fit his system

SooieGeneris

Quote from: Tim Harris on January 22, 2018, 12:52:21 pm
I don't know that I would call this a prediction these guys I feel different decent about.

Joseph Foucha
Tyree Wilson
Ryan Winkel
Charles Strong

Would love to see us also somehow add Mario Goodrich and Miles Battle who are both scheduled to visit the last weekend but don't feel good about either.

Would we still take Strong after the commitment of Boyd? In recruiting it almost always comes down to getting the best you can get with the available slots. If you can get a Goodrich or Bush, you go over your number to get them. The numbers always have a way of working out seems like.

Hogindasticks

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 24, 2018, 12:36:11 pm
Would we still take Strong after the commitment of Boyd? In recruiting it almost always comes down to getting the best you can get with the available slots. If you can get a Goodrich or Bush, you go over your number to get them. The numbers always have a way of working out seems like.

I think Strong would be a great candidate ....we need the extra back....we gonna be doing a lot more outside rushes this year...extra back would not hurt us.

Tim Harris

Quote from: SooieGeneris on January 24, 2018, 12:36:11 pm

I would still take Strong.  As for the Goodrich and Bush you 100% take them regardless.  Like you said numbers always work out which is why I'm not concerned and why I would try to sign a full class every year.

Hopeful Hog

I'm going to be optimistic here.... I'm calling we close with Bush, Wilson, Brule, and Foucha. Throw in Winkel for good measure.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 24, 2018, 02:36:50 pm
I'm going to be optimistic here.... I'm calling we close with Bush, Wilson, Brule, and Foucha. Throw in Winkel for good measure.
good call. im with you on those same 4 but I want Battle & Goodrich, too.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 24, 2018, 03:30:50 pm
good call. im with you on those same 4 but I want Battle & Goodrich, too.

Battle is a possibility but Goodrich is gonna be a hard pull from LSU.

Scott7703

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 24, 2018, 05:25:51 pm
Battle is a possibility but Goodrich is gonna be a hard pull from LSU.

LSU isn't the main competition for Mario.

Hopeful Hog

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 24, 2018, 10:12:00 pm

LSU isn't the main competition for Mario.

247 has LSU as the favorites by a good margin. If not LSU then who is?

31to6

Quote from: Hopeful Hog on January 24, 2018, 10:31:19 pm
247 has LSU as the favorites by a good margin. If not LSU then who is?
Well, on the other hand, he named LSU his leader in early Dec but did NOT sign with them during the early signing period.

Makes me think that he's not quite as locked up as people think.

lookawayquick

My updated guess:

Wilson DE
Winkle OL
Foucha S
Goodrich DB
Johnson WR
Jones QB

jackflash

I expect QB Jones and OL Gasaway to be ask to blueshirt. DE Wilson, LB parker, Moody OL Gatlin, Winkel,, WE Johnson, Battle, S Mason, Foucha something like this

ricepig

Quote from: jackflash on January 28, 2018, 05:14:45 pm
I expect QB Jones and OL Gasaway to be ask to blueshirt. DE Wilson, LB parker, Moody OL Gatlin, Winkel,, WE Johnson, Battle, S Mason, Foucha something like this

Jones is coming in an official visit according to the recruiting guys, you can't blue shirt if that's true. Right now, Battle isn't visiting.

King Kong

Quote from: ricepig on January 28, 2018, 05:27:36 pm
Jones is coming in an official visit according to the recruiting guys, you can't blue shirt if that's true. Right now, Battle isn't visiting.

However, Jones can gray-shirt by not enrolling full-time until the spring and starting his eligibility for 2019.

First semester on his own dime of course

Bubba's Bruisers

Get Foucha, and flip Jones and Wilson, and I don't care after that.  Those 3 would be a great finish.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

WoooPigSooieShane

Seems like the staff preferable close is keeping Parker, grabbing Winkel, Wilson, Johnson, Foucha, and Goodrich.  And it seems like we're gonna sweat all of those guy's decisions until the last moment on the 7th...Sure makes following recruiting fun!

Man, if we managed to get Bishop, Myles, Foucha, and Goodrich then we have tremendously upgraded our speed at DB.