Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

BBall Prospect Nick Babb may have just committed

Started by RazorAg, August 10, 2013, 11:30:07 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mhuff

Quote from: HawgAdvocate on August 10, 2013, 02:50:32 pm
Thurman was the #2 recruit out of Louisiana behind National High School co-player of the year Randy Livingston. He had more offers beyond LA Tech.

Also, Moore was #1 out of Louisiana and didn't work out.

mhuff

Quote from: BeoPig™ on August 10, 2013, 02:52:46 pm
The problem is not what you have listed.  The problem is that is all HA does.  If you read the board more often, you might realize why many are tired of his games.

HA provides facts with his posts. It is irrefutable that we need more players that are top 75. He did not say that they all had to be top 75. Babb is not top 75.... What part of that is not true. HA also said he was glad to have Babb. I definitely think he will contribute at a position of need. What part of this is false? I guess the next  few years we shouldn't recruit all these wonderful players we're on because we don't need top 75 players to be successful. Right? I mean look at all the success we've had the last 15 or more years. I guess it didn't work without consistent recruiting, coaching , and leadership. Yes, we need all the top 75 players we can get. If you don't see that, go argue with a stump because a whole attacking dissertation has been given here over statements that were right on time. What is it about people not being able to deal with facts. Personally there hasn't been much BB news and I think people just want to argue over a bunch of nothing.

jamie72921

HA provides erroneous facts or easily googled info.

His "facts" about Thurman were WRONG, as usual.

He is constantly negative about our team and the staff and is a blight on this forum.
Bless your heart

mhuff

Quote from: jamie72921 on August 12, 2013, 12:56:02 pm
HA provides erroneous facts or easily googled info.

His "facts" about Thurman were WRONG, as usual.

He is constantly negative about our team and the staff and is a blight on this forum.

Well, unless you have a photographic memory , you have to google facts. You're arguing that it's wrong to google facts. Give me a break. What happens is HA proves people wrong with facts and the posters aren't man enough to admit it. Then we get a 10 page rebuttal with no facts by the party in the wrong. Usually there's some name calling by posters who resort to that because they do not have an intelligent response. I agree with HA about 95% of the time because he does deal in facts. Now is he supposed to just not respond when the poster is full of umpah and is posting bs?

What did HA say on Thurmond specifically that was wrong?...... which no one is completely right all the time.Plus, you said he's usually wrong. What has he said that was wrong? Personally, I would take his info over anyones on this board. It's fun to watch him time and time again put people in their place. It's entertaining to watch them lose their composure and look moronic.

I do not see HA as negative. He just tells it like it is instead of wearing rose colored glasses all the time. It is what it is.

Smithian

Quote from: mhuff on August 12, 2013, 02:41:48 pm
Well, unless you have a photographic memory , you have to google facts. You're arguing that it's wrong to google facts. Give me a break. What happens is HA proves people wrong with facts and the posters aren't man enough to admit it. Then we get a 10 page rebuttal with no facts by the party in the wrong. Usually there's some name calling by posters who resort to that because they do not have an intelligent response. I agree with HA about 95% of the time because he does deal in facts. Now is he supposed to just not respond when the poster is full of umpah and is posting bs?

What did HA say on Thurmond specifically that was wrong?...... which no one is completely right all the time.Plus, you said he's usually wrong. What has he said that was wrong? Personally, I would take his info over anyones on this board. It's fun to watch him time and time again put people in their place. It's entertaining to watch them lose their composure and look moronic.

I do not see HA as negative. He just tells it like it is instead of wearing rose colored glasses all the time. It is what it is.
I like HA but he does like to stir the pot.

Thing is, he provides plenty of support for his points. People should battle back at him with stats and evidence.

Jonteviosk

One thing is for sure we have a good recruiting class bother this year and next well done CMA but one thing has not changed in regards to this season. Even with the talent and size brought in if Arkansas is relying on heavy minutes from either Kiko Haydar or Fred Gulley were screwed before the season ever starts. You would only have solid played if you could combine them both. They are both so 1 dimensional that their worthless.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

mhuff

Quote from: Smithian on August 12, 2013, 03:20:08 pm
I like HA but he does like to stir the pot.

Thing is, he provides plenty of support for his points. People should battle back at him with stats and evidence.

Exactly, then I could give credit where credit is due. But Smithian, that's what is funny. I post this same comment  about once a year. There are a couple of posters that HA periodically busts their chops unmercifully ,and then they puff up and talk about showing HA what's what. In the end HA has dealt with total fact and they have dealt out nebulous umpah without merit. It is always entertaining. Their only mission is to stir up a post by twisting the facts he has given. Then HA comes back with fact,which I don't consider stirring things up, and they start calling him names. It is just so predictable. I have been watching this for about five years. What is also funny is when they say, "We're all tired of his game." Their verbiage tries to make it sound like EVERYBODY agrees with them and HA is a "Blight to this site.  ;) Anyone want to predict who the next poster to do this will be? Of course, if they put him on ignore, they wouldn't be able to spew out so much nonsensical crap. Then, their fun would be no more. But, who's the real joke on?

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 12, 2013, 06:21:54 am
Babb isn't gonna be some all-SEC player, but he does bring a lot to this team as a 6'4" SG. He will fill in behind Bell nicely in 2014. His highlight video shows a player that has a good variety of offensive moves.

Babb's stock has been rising all summer. We're lucky we got on him early before the big offers started coming in. I'm glad we got him and expect him to be a nice contributor for us.
I agree with this, completely. Btw, Is Keaton Miles available this season or next? MA is starting to get taller guards, forwards in here.

Hawg Red

Quote from: BBsTheMan on August 12, 2013, 04:26:30 pm
I agree with this, completely. Btw, Is Keaton Miles available this season or next? MA is starting to get taller guards, forwards in here.

Sitting this season out.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: mhuff on August 12, 2013, 12:24:21 pm
HA provides facts with his posts. It is irrefutable that we need more players that are top 75. He did not say that they all had to be top 75. Babb is not top 75.... What part of that is not true. HA also said he was glad to have Babb. I definitely think he will contribute at a position of need. What part of this is false? I guess the next  few years we shouldn't recruit all these wonderful players we're on because we don't need top 75 players to be successful. Right? I mean look at all the success we've had the last 15 or more years. I guess it didn't work without consistent recruiting, coaching , and leadership. Yes, we need all the top 75 players we can get. If you don't see that, go argue with a stump because a whole attacking dissertation has been given here over statements that were right on time. What is it about people not being able to deal with facts. Personally there hasn't been much BB news and I think people just want to argue over a bunch of nothing.

I don't think HA should've been given a vaca for his actions in the thread (maybe that's why I'm not a mod) but Beo is as middle of the road as anyone on the board. He uses as many facts as anyone, in any forum.

Your last sentence is the truest thing in this thread.

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 12, 2013, 04:30:33 pm
Sitting this season out.
Thank you, I guess that could be a good thing as we lose our guards.

mhuff

Quote from: BeoPig™ on August 11, 2013, 03:35:58 pm
We are not signing mediocre players, just guys not ranked high enough for HA.  One of the highest ranked classes in my recent memory included Townes, Hill and Thomas and that did not turn out so well.  Very few are trying to pump these players up to be something they are not, but there is no reason to make them sound worse than they are.

The players are what they are. Perhaps this young man is better than his ranking. RazorAg has seen him play and thinks top 100. Regardless, he is what he is and nothing is going to change that.  The point was made that you don't have to have all 4 and 5* players to do well. I agree ,but ask KY if it is easier to get there with this caliber player. Well we "ain't" KY. The point HA was making before this thread became an abortion is our need to recruit players in the top 75 tier. We recruited Portis and Kingsley who are excellent players. Next year we get Beard, Thompson, and Babb. In 2015 ang 2016, we have the possibility of recruitting every player in the top 75 or 100. All he said was we need to recruit players in the top 75 range. Babb, I think, will be a very productive player ,but it is a fact that he is not top 75. Let's hopefully see in 2015 and 2016 the difference between SG's in the top 75 and 150. HA did not say Babb was not a quality player that couldn't contribute. He just commented not to get excited like we signed a top 75 because we didn't. We really need Babb ,and he is probably the best we had available to us....this year. I naturally pull for all our players to have fabulous careers.

20gauge

Ive heard several writers and recruiting experts talk about recruit rankings. Basically your top 10 to 15 are your one and done guys or at least have that potential. From 15 to 30 are usually your very good college players with a shot at the NBA as well. After 30 most of the high school players are all the same except for your measureables. If you look back through recruiting over the years those numbers will pretty much hold true.

Do they miss on some guys yes. Can a recruit ranked 100 become a lottery pick absolutely. I really dont care what their ranking is as long as they help us win ballgames and represent the state and university well.

I think MA has done a pretty good job overall. We have one 20 games the past 2 years with no post season. Would probably make the post season if we could win on the road. Its about time for a post season for once.

The_Bionic_Pig

The best player on last year's roster was Alandis Harris and it wasn't even close according to practice reports.(He was eating Powell's lunch)    Whatever Powell did on his best days is what AH delivers on a regular day at the Office.

The key to success this upcoming season is if our interior Scoring can be maintained by committee when AH needs a blow. (Portis, Clarke & Kingsley)
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

The_Iceman

So the 2014 roster is starting to take shape:

PG: Madden / Beard / Wagner
SG: Bell / Babb
SF: Qualls / Williams / 2014 signee (Hudson?)
PF: Harris / Miles
C: Portis / Kingsley / Thompson

The_Iceman

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on August 12, 2013, 05:28:14 pm
The best player on last year's roster was Alandis Harris and it wasn't even close according to practice reports.(He was eating Powell's lunch)    Whatever Powell did on his best days is what AH delivers on a regular day at the Office.

The key to success this upcoming season is if our interior Scoring can be maintained by committee when AH needs a blow. (Portis, Clarke & Kingsley)

At the end of the year last year, we started seeing the versatility in Clarke's game. It usually takes JUCO's a year to really settle in. I expect Clarke to be one of the top players on the team next year, along with Harris and Portis.

Smithian

Quote from: The_Bionic_Pig on August 12, 2013, 05:28:14 pm

This is a common talking point on Jump Ball, but I'm not buying it.

This past season Powell averaged 14.5/5.4. As a freshman it was 14.9/6.7. Harris as a sophomore averaged 13.3/6.4, as a freshman 9.4/5.4 Powell and Harris average same number of blocks with comparable steals. Powell hit a good amount of 3's, Harris not as many.

Harris is probably a better defender, but you're telling me Powell, even averaging more point and rebounds, on his best day could only provide as much as an average day from Harris? When Powell on average scored more and was comparable as a rebounder to Harris?

I'm not buying it. Harris will be a really big player for the Hogs, but I think people are starting to over hype him, just like when people last offseason threw around Powell's stats in two games before getting hurt as what to expect when he played last season.

Smithian

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 12, 2013, 05:39:53 pm

That backcourt makes me nervous. Bell and Madden both have to get much better for that backcourt to be good enough to play into March. Front court? Really, really good.

I like our backcourt's depth this coming season. Although the individual seniors aren't impact players (Gulley, Wade, Haydar, Scott) they will provide lots of options.

The_Iceman

Quote from: Smithian on August 12, 2013, 05:59:12 pm
That backcourt makes me nervous. Bell and Madden both have to get much better for that backcourt to be good enough to play into March. Front court? Really, really good.

I like our backcourt's depth this coming season. Although the individual seniors aren't impact players (Gulley, Wade, Haydar, Scott) they will provide lots of options.

Depends on what Beard and Babb provide you off the bench. And, maybe most importantly, it depends on if Madden and Bell develop into the players they have the potential to be. If Madden can become an efficient PG giving us 7-8ppg, 4-6 apg and Bell gives us 8-10ppg, 40% 3-pt then I think we'll be alright, espcially with the scoring Babb and Beard will provide off the bench.

The_Bionic_Pig

I'm focusing on the one on one match ups between the two not previous yrs stats... that like comparing  Bell's stats from this past season making Wade look to be a much, much inferior outside shooter.

If Wade's confidence is indeed restored we are well aware he can be a significant contributer from the Perimeter.
█ ▆ ▅ ▄ ▃ ▂ ▁ *Mute*

-Blu

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 12, 2013, 05:39:53 pm

Those lineups look really nice.  Really hoping we get Hudson, the few videos I've watch on him are very impressive.  And him being a SF and being able to shoot the ball would create match up problems for the other teams. 

Hawg Red

Quote from: Smithian on August 12, 2013, 05:54:43 pm

This past season Powell averaged 14.5/5.4. As a freshman it was 14.9/6.7. Harris as a sophomore averaged 13.3/6.4, as a freshman 9.4/5.4 Powell and Harris average same number of blocks with comparable steals. Powell hit a good amount of 3's, Harris not as many.

Harris is probably a better defender, but you're telling me Powell, even averaging more point and rebounds, on his best day could only provide as much as an average day from Harris? When Powell on average scored more and was comparable as a rebounder to Harris?

I'm not buying it. Harris will be a really big player for the Hogs, but I think people are starting to over hype him, just like when people last offseason threw around Powell's stats in two games before getting hurt as what to expect when he played last season.

I'm with you 100% on Harris. I think he'll be a very, very valuable contributor and leader for the Hogs this season, but what certain posters have been projecting for him is bordering on or reaching over-hype. I didn't see what he did in practice against Powell, but knowing what I've seen from Powell over his Arkansas career, it honestly wouldn't surprise me if he weren't going all-out in practice. Not trying to bash Powell, but we all know his effort level at times was inconsistent. I wouldn't put too much stock into what was going on in practice.

I expect Harris to average double figures in the 11-13 range and rebound in the 6-8 range. Wouldn't surprise me if he were a better rebounder or defender than Powell, but it would surprise me if he were a better scorer. But, hey, I'm all for being surprised there. I'm just dreading the backlash that will come if Harris isn't Powell 2.0 based on what certain posters are continuously pushing without practicing caution.

-Blu

Harris is going to be a beast for us.  I think we have more depth this year in scoring, so I don't know if he will have the stats that Powell had, but at worst case scenario Harris will be a 12/7 guy for us.  If we didn't have Portis I would say worst case for Harris would be about 16 ppg.  But I think Portis is also going to be HUGE, and I can't see Portis not averaging at least 10 ppg, and then Clarke showed his ability late last year to score as well, then you got Qualls who's scoring is going to increase as well, so our front court is going to be getting us anywhere from 40-45 PPG. 

The_Iceman

Quote from: Hawg Red on August 12, 2013, 06:10:39 pm
I expect Harris to average double figures in the 11-13 range and rebound in the 6-8 range.

Outside of one ridiculous 20-10 prediction, that's what most people on here expect from Harris next season. I'm not sure why some are now considering Harris overrated when most people are expecting him to give us equal or even slightly less than his stats at Houston.

Hawg Red

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 12, 2013, 06:26:55 pm
Outside of one ridiculous 20-10 prediction, that's what most people on here expect from Harris next season. I'm not sure why some are now considering Harris overrated when most people are expecting him to give us equal or even slightly less than his stats at Houston.

Post above you says "at worst" 12/7. I think that's closer to "at best."

mhuff

Smithian, I think their comment is on the overall ability of the two players. Powell could score , but his defense was not very good. He just couldn't guard those big players down low. I looked at him as a liability on defense and rebounding. I gotta feeling Harris will be a better leader. I am going to look up FT % as well...... I put a high priority on good shooting from the line. I believe Harris will come to play every game.

Pork Twain

Quote from: mhuff on August 12, 2013, 12:24:21 pm
Funny that all the "facts" are negative concerning MA.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

Nipsey Mussle

Quote from: The_Iceman on August 12, 2013, 06:26:55 pm
I agree with this and I'm surprised someone said 20 and 10. That would take one hell of a college player. I believe Jared Sullinger was the best college player we've had in a long time and he averaged 17 and 10. More than 10 rebounds in college is hard to do. Kenneth Faried averaged 12 for his career but he was also playing in the ohio valley conference.
If Harris gives us leadership, 12+ points, 6+ rebs, I'll be happy.

Breems

You've been here quite a while, no? Surely you understand the issue here does not stem from folks being unable to accept reality. Plenty of quality posters dish out very objective views throughout the season (ErieHog, RazorAG, etc.) and live to tell the tale.

I've been studying HawgAdvocate from afar for a long while now. We grew up together sharing mojitos in the private messaging world, and I even messaged him frequently, thanking him for his positive outlook among all the bullcrap. After spending years trying to inspire the masses to support and hold out hope for the program, our friend was ultimately the subject of a divine intervention that brought him to his proverbial knees before the almighty lord of negativity. A few years ago, every soul alive on this board knows he'd be pumping Babb up in the face of potential criticism/"realism." Now, he's one of the first to offer up the latter in any topic. That's not an opinion... it's an observable fact/trend.

Quite frankly, it doesn't matter. He's entitled to his blah blah blah, but that doesn't mean people can't call him out on it. I have a lot of fun bantering about it, but we understand each other. I have to go eat now.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

Pork Twain

Quote from: Breems on August 12, 2013, 06:39:02 pm
You've been here quite a while, no? Surely you understand the issue here does not stem from folks being unable to accept reality. Plenty of quality posters dish out very objective views throughout the season (ErieHog, RazorAG, etc.) and live to tell the tale.

I've been studying HawgAdvocate from afar for a long while now. We grew up together sharing mojitos in the private messaging world, and I even messaged him frequently, thanking him for his positive outlook among all the bullcrap. After spending years trying to inspire the masses to support and hold out hope for the program, our friend was ultimately the subject of a divine intervention that brought him to his proverbial knees before the almighty lord of negativity. A few years ago, every soul alive on this board knows he'd be pumping Babb up in the face of potential criticism/"realism." Now, he's one of the first to offer up the latter in any topic. That's not an opinion... it's an observable fact/trend.

Quite frankly, it doesn't matter. He's entitled to his blah blah blah, but that doesn't mean people can't call him out on it. I have a lot of fun bantering about it, but we understand each other. I have to go eat now.
Yup and I was there beside him through much of it.  I gave Heath and Pel their chances and I am giving MA his.  Some point in Pel's coaching career, HA became what he is but he used to be a very positive person.
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

mhuff

Quote from: BeoPig™ on August 12, 2013, 06:33:33 pm
Funny that all the "facts" are negative concerning MA.

I don't think you are talking about my comments, but I would say that that coaching the last 15 years has been horrible. I blame a lot of this on the administration. The quality of the coaches was questionable. They were all young coaches without a lot of experience. If we had come off the hip, I believe a lot of this pain could have been avoided. CMA is a fine Christian man ,but even he has not done a good job of coaching while here. I think he would say the same thing. Part of it was that he didn't have the horses. One win on the road is not acceptable. That I attribute to coaching and preparation. I have always backed the coaches and I will support MA as long as he is here. I believe the recruiting has turned the corner. CMA is just going to have to take that talent and do something with it. It takes awhile to mold a team.

Pork Twain

Quote from: mhuff on August 12, 2013, 07:01:48 pm
I don't think you are talking about my comments, but I would say that that coaching the last 15 years has been horrible. I blame a lot of this on the administration. The quality of the coaches was questionable. They were all young coaches without a lot of experience. If we had come off the hip, I believe a lot of this pain could have been avoided. CMA is a fine Christian man ,but even he has not done a good job of coaching while here. I think he would say the same thing. Part of it was that he didn't have the horses. One win on the road is not acceptable. That I attribute to coaching and preparation. I have always backed the coaches and I will support MA as long as he is here. I believe the recruiting has turned the corner. CMA is just going to have to take that talent and do something with it. It takes awhile to mold a team.
No, I was talking about all the facts that HA brings to the table.  I did not want MA from the beginning but he is what we have for now, so I had a choice to make.

Breems

Quote from: BeoPig™ on August 12, 2013, 06:44:32 pm
Yup and I was there beside him through much of it.  I gave Heath and Pel their chances and I am giving MA his.  Some point in Pel's coaching career, HA became what he is but he used to be a very positive person.

I was in that group also. I stuck by Pel as hard as I've stuck by Anderson. I'm an Equal Opportunity Supporter.
Proud member of the "Left Before Halftime" football club.

Quote from: Breems on January 27, 2011, 08:42:29 pm<br />SCREW VANDERBILT<br />

mhuff

August 12, 2013, 07:08:58 pm #183 Last Edit: August 12, 2013, 07:19:10 pm by mhuff
Quote from: BeoPig™ on August 12, 2013, 07:04:14 pm
No, I was talking about all the facts that HA brings to the table.  I did not want MA from the beginning but he is what we have for now, so I had a choice to make.

I even supported Nutt too long. My boys were telling me. All I knew was that he was the Razorback coach. Have a good one gentlemen.

Hey, I supported the FB coach last year. I thought it was a punishment for all the bad things I had done my entire life. Imagine how everyone feels from 15 years of BB futility.

jamie72921

Googled facts are not as helpful as people who witnessed the facts as they took place.

The misinterpretation of many of these facts is what makes HA and the google fans such dolts and annoying.

He said Thurman was a highly recruited prospect. He was wrong about Powell leaving after he got hurt. I told him that Nobles was the guy that MA was looking to help out the door and he argued that until hell wouldn't have it.

The real question is what's he been right about and how little attention do you actually pay to what he has said in the past that you think he is money?
Bless your heart

Pork Twain

Quote from: mhuff on August 12, 2013, 07:08:58 pm
I even supported Nutt too long. My boys were telling me. All I knew was that he was the Razorback coach. Have a good one gentlemen.

Hey, I supported the FB coach last year. I thought it was a punishment for all the bad things I had done my entire life. Imagine how everyone feels from 15 years of BB futility.
I think far too many of us supported Nutt for too long.

Swinesong1

Quote from: jamie72921 on August 12, 2013, 07:19:50 pm
Googled facts are not as helpful as people who witnessed the facts as they took place.

The misinterpretation of many of these facts is what makes HA and the google fans such dolts and annoying.

He said Thurman was a highly recruited prospect. He was wrong about Powell leaving after he got hurt. I told him that Nobles was the guy that MA was looking to help out the door and he argued that until hell wouldn't have it.

The real question is what's he been right about and how little attention do you actually pay to what he has said in the past that you think he is money?
Googling info and brining it back to the board is one thing, but bringing it back as if you "know" this firsthand is another.  He is the king of the"I know this for a fact 'cause I'm smarter than you" posts.  When in fact, he only googled it or brought it from another site.  Sharing info is good, but his "let me educate you morons" attitude is tiresome.  I ignored him and rarely, if ever, respond to his posts. At one time, I referred to him as my stalker 'cause no matter what I posted, he would highjack it and turn it into a who's right and who's wrong debate.   It didn't take me long to figure out he likes to stir things up and if you enter into a long discussion with him, he will inevitably contradict himself.  The real turnoff though was his declaration that because he caught grief in Pelphrey's last years, he's goona pay back all the so-called Anderson lovers.

Jonteviosk

I don't think you are talking about my comments, but I would say that that coaching the last 15 years has been horrible. I blame a lot of this on the administration. The quality of the coaches was questionable. They were all young coaches without a lot of experience. If we had come off the hip, I believe a lot of this pain could have been avoided. CMA is a fine Christian man ,but even he has not done a good job of coaching while here. I think he would say the same thing. Part of it was that he didn't have the horses. One win on the road is not acceptable. That I attribute to coaching and preparation. I have always backed the coaches and I will support MA as long as he is here. I believe the recruiting has turned the corner. CMA is just going to have to take that talent and do something with it. It takes awhile to mold a team. comments from MHUFF

Those comments are absolutely ludicrous. Stan Heath was hear i believe 4-5 years one or the other and his teams record improved every single year. The only problem with heath was he liked to play halfcourt and defend and back then ppl still had their head up Nolans ass!!!! He should have never been fired and is a fine coach won 30 games at Alabama St. Pel was a joke wasnt even the first choice ppl forget. As for CMA He has done a terrific job coaching based on the limitations of his roster the first 2 years. One road win get over that crap no coach has won on the road since Nolan who has been gone well over a decade now so get over him finally. CMA won every home game last yr except Syracuse and if they had stuck Michael Qualls on that 3 pt shooter he wouldnt have hit so many 3's. They got the home court down unlike the previous coach now and hes built the roster now they have to learn how to win on the road. If they get 3-4 road wins this year thier in the tournament which is the next progressive step. All that depends on Madden running the point and Wade and Bell knocking down 3s consistently. We will be good inside this year. Plus last year we had a winning conf record something only done 1 other time since Nolan left. Quit looking at the negative and look at the positive. We should be in the dance this year which hasnt happened since Pel coached Heaths players.
You never know in advance what the outcome of any given situation is so either get busy living or get busy dying.

Swinesong1

Quote from: Jonteviosk on August 13, 2013, 02:54:13 pm
I don't think you are talking about my comments, but I would say that that coaching the last 15 years has been horrible. I blame a lot of this on the administration. The quality of the coaches was questionable. They were all young coaches without a lot of experience. If we had come off the hip, I believe a lot of this pain could have been avoided. CMA is a fine Christian man ,but even he has not done a good job of coaching while here. I think he would say the same thing. Part of it was that he didn't have the horses. One win on the road is not acceptable. That I attribute to coaching and preparation. I have always backed the coaches and I will support MA as long as he is here. I believe the recruiting has turned the corner. CMA is just going to have to take that talent and do something with it. It takes awhile to mold a team. comments from MHUFF

Those comments are absolutely ludicrous. Stan Heath was hear i believe 4-5 years one or the other and his teams record improved every single year. The only problem with heath was he liked to play halfcourt and defend and back then ppl still had their head up Nolans ass!!!! He should have never been fired and is a fine coach won 30 games at Alabama St. Pel was a joke wasnt even the first choice ppl forget. As for CMA He has done a terrific job coaching based on the limitations of his roster the first 2 years. One road win get over that crap no coach has won on the road since Nolan who has been gone well over a decade now so get over him finally. CMA won every home game last yr except Syracuse and if they had stuck Michael Qualls on that 3 pt shooter he wouldnt have hit so many 3's. They got the home court down unlike the previous coach now and hes built the roster now they have to learn how to win on the road. If they get 3-4 road wins this year thier in the tournament which is the next progressive step. All that depends on Madden running the point and Wade and Bell knocking down 3s consistently. We will be good inside this year.
Uhhhh Heath never coached at Alabama St.  Where did that come from?

Jonteviosk

Hawg Red

Quote from: Jonteviosk on August 13, 2013, 03:03:05 pm
sorry meant South Alabama currently

Wrong again.

He coaches at South Florida.

Read more, post less.

Jonteviosk

i knew it was something like that and you learn how to post without being rude and ridiculous. It was Pel who coached South Alabama lol

mhuff

Quote from: Jonteviosk on August 13, 2013, 02:54:13 pm

Those comments are absolutely ludicrous. Stan Heath was hear i believe 4-5 years one or the other and his teams record improved every single year. The only problem with heath was he liked to play halfcourt and defend and back then ppl still had their head up Nolans ass!!!! He should have never been fired and is a fine coach won 30 games at Alabama St. Pel was a joke wasnt even the first choice ppl forget. As for CMA He has done a terrific job coaching based on the limitations of his roster the first 2 years. One road win get over that crap no coach has won on the road since Nolan who has been gone well over a decade now so get over him finally. CMA won every home game last yr except Syracuse and if they had stuck Michael Qualls on that 3 pt shooter he wouldnt have hit so many 3's. They got the home court down unlike the previous coach now and hes built the roster now they have to learn how to win on the road. If they get 3-4 road wins this year thier in the tournament which is the next progressive step. All that depends on Madden running the point and Wade and Bell knocking down 3s consistently. We will be good inside this year. Plus last year we had a winning conf record something only done 1 other time since Nolan left. Quit looking at the negative and look at the positive. We should be in the dance this year which hasnt happened since Pel coached Heaths players.

Thanks, I represent those remarks; I even resemble them.  I sure hope we do well this year and every year; however, in regard to your comments I will only reiterate that the last 15 years have been horrible. Were you even around when Sutton and Nolan had us at the top. Since then we have been in the toilet ,and the basketball has been horrible. You certainly have the right to your opinion ,but to think everything has been great, you  must be a sadist.. You must enjoy watching a proud program crumble and nothing done to rectify the situation. Did you see BB when we had a program. It's all about money. We have the resources now to put out bucks for a coach because of the SEC ESPN contract. We didn't have the money back then...... or the administration didn't care. Take your pick. This is the big leagues...... usually you get three or four years to produce or you leave. Those other coaches had their shot and couldn't get a program going. That's why they're not here any longer.

Hawg Red

Quote from: Jonteviosk on August 13, 2013, 03:18:56 pm
i knew it was something like that and you learn how to post without being rude and ridiculous. It was Pel who coached South Alabama lol

I know how post without being rude or ridiculous. Whether or not I choose to is a different story.

You continually stick your foot in your mouth. That type of posting doesn't help you get your point across because people won't take you seriously. Just giving you some advice. If you think it's rude, oh well. I can't help that.