Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

About football players joining the basketball team

Started by swinesation, November 19, 2012, 12:18:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

swinesation

I thought there is a roster limit. Wouldn't someone have to be cut in order to add McKay and/or Mitchell?

ballinhog

RazorAg

Quote from: swinesation on November 19, 2012, 12:18:28 pm
I thought there is a roster limit. Wouldn't someone have to be cut in order to add McKay and/or Mitchell?

There's no official roster limit per UA Compliance.

Dogtown Donkey

Quote from: rzrbkman on November 20, 2012, 03:01:18 pm
Per NCAA guidelines, 17 total players can be on the official roster but only 15 can dress for each game.

I've seen RazorAg post the actual response from the UA compliance department. They said there is no roster limit.

Sueie

Quote from: rzrbkman on November 20, 2012, 11:42:52 pm
There's a roster limit for basketball just like there is a limit of 105 for football.

Well IS there or ISN'T there?  Someone look it up and post the ruling on it according to the compliance department.

booogaga

it was my understanding that you can have 17 dressed out players on your bench. i think right now we have 16 players counting gulley that will come in at semester. mitchell has already said he will not play bb this season and mckay has not mentioned anything to the media.
GO HOGS!

Virgil

Quote from: Sueie on November 21, 2012, 09:00:07 am
Well IS there or ISN'T there?  Someone look it up and post the ruling on it according to the compliance department.

Google is your friend!!
It's not what you push but what pushes you!!