Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

any diabetics out there

Started by husker71, June 24, 2014, 10:24:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

husker71

think I may be becoming or am already diabetic.  Just realized it tonight when I put all the symptoms together.  60 years old have to pee a lot  get really tired after any meals, cramps in legs in the morning.  I am going to Walmart in the next hour to get a test kit and see what that says.  I have read that you can reverse it with exercise and diet change.  Any info appreciated and I will let you all know the scores or pm any of you who suffer from this with any tips you can give me.

Ragnar Hogbrok

First, go to the doctor and get a diagnosis. Then take your meds/shots exactly as prescribed. Diabetes is no joke. Blindness, losing a foot, and cardiovascular damage are all real possibilities.

See a doc. Period. It might be nothing. It could be diabetes.
"Every normal man must be tempted, at times, to spit on his hands, hoist the black flag, and begin slitting throats." ― H.L. Mencken

Hogville prediction formula:

1.  Insert bad news prediction. A loss, a recruit going elsewhere, a coach leaving, etc.
2.  Tag "hope I'm wrong," on the end.
3a.  Enjoy a correct prediction.
3b.  Act like you're relieved you're wrong and celebrate with everyone else.

zane

Diabetes is nothing to play with. I see the negative effects of it everyday in clinic and have done more amputations because of it than I care to know and will do countless more in my career. Diabetes ravages the body literally from head to toe. It destroys the eyes, kidneys, vasculature, and nerves throughout the body.

The good news is that it can be controlled but it takes much hard work and dedication/devotion by the person. There is no easy magic pill or solution. It takes real and diligent work.

Do your symptoms sound like diabetes? Maybe
Do they sound like symptoms that most 60 year old men have? Yeah

Do yourself a favor and go to your PCP. Don't mess with the Wal Mart kit- it won't tell you what you need to know. You need blood work done. If you're worried about diabetes, specifically request a hemoglobin A1c. This is the gold standard of diabetes diagnosis and maintenance. You'll also want to get a look at your electrolytes, cholesterol, etc.

Don't put it off- go see your doc

RIP LSUfan

kingofdequeen

lulz.  this is an arkansas message board.  i'd wager you can't swing a hypodermic needle on here without hitting someone with Type II.