Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Non Conference games at the Bud are funner b/c the rich old people aren't there

Started by urhogdaddi, March 17, 2005, 07:07:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

urhogdaddi

This was the first season me and my friends started driving up to Fay to watch the bball games. When we played Prarie View AM, the only people there were the Average Joe's trying to be with the guys. Me and my friends were able to get up stretch, find better seats.  But that all came to a hault once conference play started. we would stand up and stretch for about 10 seconds until one of the usher's tapped me on the shoulder and said that the lady with the catheder in her chest and her husband carrying the oxygen tank can't see.  On the Kentucky game we were short one ticket.  After asking multiple people for extra tickets, we finally got one.  The bad news was i had to sit in a crowd of 30 old people. i tried to stand up to encourage our team but i kept getting tapped on my shoulder. Tell me if i am just a jerk or does everybody get mad at this
Hogs,....Nutt,......Heath,......Polish Sausage

sooie dog

urhogdaddi

i told one of them to "phrek off"  and they told the usher and we were excused from our seats
Hogs,....Nutt,......Heath,......Polish Sausage

sooie dog

jap66

The NCAA/SEC/UofA have become very sensitive to language and fan behavior.

Any ticket holder has the right to sit or stand in front of his seat. That cylinder of space is his all the way to the roof/sky.
However, he can not stand on the seat or sit on the back of it. He can not block the view of fans behind him with artificial things like signs or hats. Hats....has anyone ever noticed that part of the pregame "dos and don'ts" include "Gentlemen must remove your hats"? This started in Barnhill.
A fan can't extend his arms to interfere/hit(accidentally) someone in the seats next to him. This is also a reason rally towels or the "clappers" will probably never be seen at any campus event.

The problem that usually gets folks into trouble is their conversations. Jawing with a neighboring fan is asking for trouble.
Yelling "go hogs" is no problem. Yelling about the @#$%&* Ref, coach or player is.

In most cases the need to get in the last word is what gets fans removed. Alcohol is a major contributor in RRS. Fans with too much to drink don't usually know when to end the conversation.

Calvin N Hawgs

Quote from: urhogdaddi on March 17, 2005, 07:07:42 am
This was the first season me and my friends started driving up to Fay to watch the bball games. When we played Prarie View AM, the only people there were the Average Joe's trying to be with the guys. Me and my friends were able to get up stretch, find better seats. But that all came to a hault once conference play started. we would stand up and stretch for about 10 seconds until one of the usher's tapped me on the shoulder and said that the lady with the catheder in her chest and her husband carrying the oxygen tank can't see. On the Kentucky game we were short one ticket. After asking multiple people for extra tickets, we finally got one. The bad news was i had to sit in a crowd of 30 old people. i tried to stand up to encourage our team but i kept getting tapped on my shoulder. Tell me if i am just a jerk or does everybody get mad at this

That is the one big problem with BWA and I assume at other schools too.  The people that can afford to sit down close to the action and have their voices heard are all in a coma. 

Us regular Joes sit where we can afford and watch the game through binoculars. 

I can't really think of a solution, other than, if I hit the lottery (In Missouri or Oklahoma, cause we sure aint gettin' one here), then I can afford to sit down there with the Tysons, Hunts, and Waltons. 

But then again, why would I even want to go to a game?

PIGG

This was the first season me and my friends started driving up to Fay to watch the bball games. When we played Prarie View AM, the only people there were the Average Joe's trying to be with the guys. Me and my friends were able to get up stretch, find better seats. But that all came to a hault once conference play started. we would stand up and stretch for about 10 seconds until one of the usher's tapped me on the shoulder and said that the lady with the catheder in her chest and her husband carrying the oxygen tank can't see. On the Kentucky game we were short one ticket. After asking multiple people for extra tickets, we finally got one. The bad news was i had to sit in a crowd of 30 old people. i tried to stand up to encourage our team but i kept getting tapped on my shoulder. Tell me if i am just a jerk or does everybody get mad at this

hogdaddi and I have attended several games together and we managed to get front row seats for the Mississppi State game, but indeed, several old people told us to sit down.  The game is on ESPN.  Go watch it at your retirement home instead of telling fans that are on the front row to sit down.  hogdaddi and I were close enough to talk to the players and encourage them, or demean the other team, but we had to move because an usher told  us to.  Sick.
Let's drink till we can't feel feelings anymore!
- Peter Griffin

RideTillIDieHawg

I know you like non-conference games better because old people aren't there but what were your thoughts on the blue sharks ?

mhsbc59

The older I get the more I both hate those younger and older than me.  The younger for be loud, brash, and let's just say rude.  Old people for being slow, and oblivious the trends of the time.
I have changed my sig line of over 4 years that was never a problem until May 5 ,2011

Smalltownhog95

Quote from: RideTillIDieHawg on December 11, 2017, 07:22:28 pm
I know you like non-conference games better because old people aren't there but what were your thoughts on the blue sharks ?
If the sharks are loud and cheering whats it matter? Duke used to have a guy dance in a speedo for opponets free throws. Maybe we get the sharks to do something when other teams shoot free throws.
Wait a minute this isn't chinese checkers.. This isn't even regular checkers!

Dillar Dog

This is really a half-hearted attempt.

Or maybe our trolls just aren't that good these days.

Cavtastic Voyage

aw man, you guys are telling me that wealthier people have better seats. And most of the time wealthier people are older to some degree. And people paying for good seats don't want some tard going ballistic on every bucket or synchronizing with the band on every corny dance. Oh the Travesty.

carolinahogger

Quote from: Cavtastic Voyage on December 12, 2017, 10:23:49 pm
aw man, you guys are telling me that wealthier people have better seats. And most of the time wealthier people are older to some degree...Oh the Travesty.

People who have been around for longer, worked harder, saved responsibly.  They have better seats?  Life is so unfair.

Athog

This was the first season me and my friends started driving up to Fay to watch the bball games. When we played Prarie View AM, the only people there were the Average Joe's trying to be with the guys. Me and my friends were able to get up stretch, find better seats.  But that all came to a hault once conference play started. we would stand up and stretch for about 10 seconds until one of the usher's tapped me on the shoulder and said that the lady with the catheder in her chest and her husband carrying the oxygen tank can't see.  On the Kentucky game we were short one ticket.  After asking multiple people for extra tickets, we finally got one.  The bad news was i had to sit in a crowd of 30 old people. i tried to stand up to encourage our team but i kept getting tapped on my shoulder. Tell me if i am just a jerk or does everybody get mad at this

You are just a jerk!

HamIAm

Lets see RideTillIDieHawg, you've been a registered poster since October 2017.  You dig up a thread from 2005 that only had 6 replies.  Sorry, but I'm going to have to see your fishing license.

Reservoir Hogs

Quote from: HamIAm on December 13, 2017, 11:25:47 am
Lets see RideTillIDieHawg, you've been a registered poster since October 2017.  You dig up a thread from 2005 that only had 6 replies.  Sorry, but I'm going to have to see your fishing license.

necro-poster busted