Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heath almost missing flight to Atlanta

Started by razor, March 16, 2005, 04:01:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

razor

Did anyone hear that coach Heath initially wasn't allowed to board the plane to Atlanta because he didn't have his I.D. with him? I heard they held the plane up while he went home and got his wallet.

junkyardhog

yep, it's a true statement. He had to do pushups for his players because he always lectures them on missing their ID.

pioneerhog

This is a sign of a good coach.......I don't think so

Trichinosis

A good coach would have forgotten he threw a handgun in with his carry-on luggage.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on March 16, 2005, 04:57:15 pm
Quote from: razor on March 16, 2005, 04:01:27 pm
Did anyone hear that coach Heath initially wasn't allowed to board the plane to Atlanta because he didn't have his I.D. with him? I heard they held the plane up while he went home and got his wallet.

I heard he missed his flight for the third staright year.
Would that be his flight to a different school, or hell for that matter to anywhere but here?

Jim Harris

He probably insisted they go on without him, but the rest of the travel party would have none of that. No getting out of sitting through that embarrassment.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

pioneerhog

Quote from: drakehog on March 16, 2005, 05:16:44 pm
He probably insisted they go on without him, but the rest of the travel party would have none of that. No getting out of sitting through that embarrassment.
We probably would have had as good of a chance of winning if he hadn't went.

Brett Hitman Hog

I never had to show ID when I traveled in college on the flights to games with our football team, that was pre-9/11 though so I guess that could have changed too.  And we flew out of a bigger airport than XNA

Lando Calrissian

He was probably worrying too much about playing UALR.

UALR's coach wouldn't have forgotten his id.

I even heard that one time an entire TEAM forgot their ID's en route to playing UALR.

UALR UALR UALR UALR!!!!!!!!!!

I also heard that players for UALR do not have IDs, and that their coach makes them WALK to every game.  It doesn't bother them to walk though, because they are the formiddable UALR, and their opponents bow before them, just for the very fact that they are UALR.

Then

UALR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The NCAA is also officially altering the nickname NCAA tournament from "The Big Dance" to "The Big UALR Show!"

UALR!!!!!!
Quote from: Breems

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=haGfGkX-MbA&feature=youtube_gdata

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: IronHogJohn Stockton wouldn't sniff today's NBA.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

Brett Hitman Hog

pioneerhog

Yeah they walk to the games because they don't have the money to fly to them.

gatecrasher

Quote from: DrMongoose on March 16, 2005, 04:49:24 pm

I find that hard to believe since the team flys charter and they don't check ids.
This is post-9/11 friend...they may not check them on every flight, but airport security has the option of checking anything they want to on any type of flight.

hogfan98

March 16, 2005, 05:40:25 pm #12 Last Edit: March 16, 2005, 05:43:07 pm by hogfan98
i was a manager for the basketball team when i was in school and we never had to show our id.  we always flew charter, so everyone knew everyone else.  they always told us to carry it just in case though. 

and to answer gatecrasher's statement, we always loaded on the tarmac, so we bypassed normal security.  i was there pre and post 9/11.  they supposedly banned all tarmac loading, but we still did it anyway.

tophawg19

if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins

Porquemada

I find that hard to believe since the team flys charter and they don't check ids.
They may not check his ID in NWA for a charter, but I guarantee you his ID would have been checked when he tried to board a charter flight leaving the airport in Atlanta. Your ID can be checked at any time you are on airport property. This includes baggage areas, parking lots and passenger terminals.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Pork'n Beans on March 16, 2005, 05:50:28 pm

They may not check his ID in NWA for a charter, but I guarantee you his ID would have been checked when he tried to board a charter flight leaving the airport in Atlanta. Your ID can be checked at any time you are on airport property. This includes baggage areas, parking lots and passenger terminals.
Your ID can be checked anytime you are in public, and I believe that is the law that you have a photo ID on you at all times.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Hoggysoprano on March 16, 2005, 06:31:55 pm
Quote from: pioneerhog on March 16, 2005, 05:52:36 pm
Quote from: Pork'n Beans on March 16, 2005, 05:50:28 pm

Your ID can be checked anytime you are in public, and I believe that is the law that you have a photo ID on you at all times.

Frank gave Heath a questionaire to fill out on why he didn't have his ID. ;D
I thought that was to see exactly what he knows about basketball, because Frank can't tell that he knows a thing

tophawg19

WindyCityHog

You guys are BRUTAL.....Remind me to never to get on you bad side....

maniax22bolts20

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 16, 2005, 07:09:47 pm
You guys are BRUTAL.....Remind me to never to get on you bad side....

That IS usually the safe thing to do. I fully admit to having the David Banner Syndrome. Things for my enemies and criminal punks in general are never pretty.

tophawg19

HAWG fans are loyal just don't lose BAD and DAMNsure don't quit .TO much love for the program to put up with that crap.

Lando Calrissian

It's the fear of the dreaded UALR, man.

UALR, man....UALR.

Quote from: HawgBallLvrKentucky would be in the same position right now at #1 even with Pel as their HC.

Quote from: jacksonpollackEvery time I look around in BWA I get dizzy. It is hard to judge the capacity. During the Auburn game I tried to count all the people in attendance but got lost at around 30,000.

pioneerhog

Quote from: Lando Calrissian on March 16, 2005, 08:03:27 pm
It's the fear of the dreaded UALR, man.

UALR, man....UALR.
WTH are you doing on a Razorback board if you get off like this over UALR?

muslimsdonteatme

Not true.

pioneerhog

Quote from: muslimsdonteatme on March 16, 2005, 08:20:05 pm

Not true.
OK I could very well be wrong but I thought it was.

muslimsdonteatme

Quote from: pioneerhog on March 16, 2005, 08:23:18 pm
Quote from: muslimsdonteatme on March 16, 2005, 08:20:05 pm

Not true.
OK I could very well be wrong but I thought it was.

You are mistaken.

Lando Calrissian

Quote from: pioneerhogWTH are you doing on a Razorback board if you get off like this over UALR?

I thought UALR was the center of the universe.  The way some coughcoughHoggySopranocoughcough and others have mentioned them in the past few weeks makes them seem as such.

I'm just jumping on the bandwagon.

Now you have been educated, and you should now feel free to express your undying love for UALR.

UALR, man...UALR.

Amityvillehogger

piss on UALR....there i got it out....i feel better now ;D
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Cajun Hog

Quote from: Brett Hitman Hog on March 16, 2005, 05:30:33 pm
I never had to show ID when I traveled in college on the flights to games with our football team, that was pre-9/11 though so I guess that could have changed too. And we flew out of a bigger airport than XNA

I went on a trip with the them this year and you do have show ID to get on the plane.  CT on the return trip back pack his ID and they unloaded all the bags to get.

I know one LSU player lost his and was left on the return trip home this year.