Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McDonnell Named National Indoor Coach of the Year

Started by HighOnHogs, March 16, 2005, 08:10:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HighOnHogs

Congrats Coach, you are the best!

http://www.hogwired.com/tablestory.asp?Home_ID=1&Story_ID=6680

UA Sports Information- Tuesday, March 15, 2005 ---

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. – After staking claim to his 40th NCAA Championship and 18th national indoor crown at the 2005 NCAA Indoor Track and Field Championships over the weekend, Arkansas head coach John McDonnell was named the male Coach of the Year by the United States Track Coaches Association (USTCA).

"It's a nice honor and to be recognized by your peers is always special," McDonnell said. "What we've been able to accomplish this year is a credit to our assistants and athletes. They showed the true meaning of a team by competing hard and laying it on the line."

McDonnell guided Arkansas to perhaps one of its greatest victories ever. After having their distance medley relay team disqualified and competing without one of their top sprinters, Tyson Gay, the Razorbacks rallied behind their inspiring coach and scored 56 points for the team victory. For the weekend 10 athletes garnered a total of 14 All-America honors.

This year's award marked McDonnell's 28th national coaching honor from cross country or indoor or outdoor track during his 33-year career. He was also named the South Central Regional Coach of the Year last week after leading the Razorbacks to the Southeastern Conference Indoor Championship title. It was UA's 24th league indoor title and 12th SEC indoor championship. The team's victory also gave McDonnell his 75th overall conference championship.

McDonnell will hope to lead his Hogs to continued success when the outdoor campaign starts. Several distance runners will travel to Palo Alto, Calif., for the Stanford Invitational on March 26.

Amityvillehogger

nice to know we have atleast one team that we know can kick anyone's @$$. ;D Baseball is well on their way too...
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

JFHWGBKRIII

Congrats to coach "MAC", he earned it again.
Of course as far as we are concerned he is number 1 every year.
All other programs point to the Hogs as the team to beat every year.
That is awesome!!!!!

WindyCityHog

They should name the Coach of the Year award the "John McDonnell Award"....They must be waiting for him to retire (as is the rest of the collegiate track world).

PerryHog

Quote from: WindyCityHog on March 16, 2005, 09:11:37 am
They should name the Coach of the Year award the "John McDonnell Award"....They must be waiting for him to retire (as is the rest of the collegiate track world).

You bet. And there should be a statue or something too.

PIGG

It can be John McDonnell doing a Heisman pose after crossing a finish line or something.  Oh yes.
Let's drink till we can't feel feelings anymore!
- Peter Griffin

heathshogs

Of course, how ridiculous would it be the hear: John McDonnell has won the "John McDonnell award" for the 10th consecutive year? :)
A ticket is not permission to be entertained. It's a license to go to work.--Hognoxious

PIGG

Quote from: heathshogs on March 16, 2005, 10:31:01 am

Of course, how ridiculous would it be the hear: John McDonnell has won the "John McDonnell award" for the 10th consecutive year? :)

I can hear it now:

"He's won it again ladies and gentlemen.  Look at John McDonnell hoist himself over his head.  What a triumph."

Of course I'm talking about the trophy made in his image.
Let's drink till we can't feel feelings anymore!
- Peter Griffin

Hogstradamus

Congratulations to Coach McDonnell.  He's one of the best coaches ever and I doubt we will ever see anyone accomplish what he has.  They'll have to change the street signs in Fayetteville once again.

40 NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIPS
"The man who complains about the way the ball bounces is likely the one who dropped it."  -- Lou Holtz

"If anything goes bad, I did it. If anything goes semi-good, then we did it. If anything goes really good, then you did it. That's all it takes to get people to win football games." -- Paul Bear Bryant

Calvin N Hawgs

I like those Razorback shirts that say:

"Arkansas Track, National Champs...pick a year!"