Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Heath shafted UALR out of a NIT bid

Started by Hoggysoprano, March 14, 2005, 08:03:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PIGG

Quote from: Hogs86 on March 15, 2005, 10:31:11 pm
brewer, townes. outside those two not sure how good a recruiter he is.

Al Jefferson.  Just because he didn't actually come here doesn't mean he wasn't about to.  Had Al Jefferson come  here like Stan had hoped, we would likely be in an entirely different boat right now.  We probably would have beaten Kentucky, Bama, LSU, and Miss. St.  Al was our best recruit and he didn't come, so give Stan another year or two, and see what other prospects he brings to the table.
Let's drink till we can't feel feelings anymore!
- Peter Griffin

CusefaninAR

I never said whether it was MJ's decision or not.  I hope your arguments are better formulated for your clients than they are here.  MJ got screwed the same way that the seniors got screwed in South Carolina (among other schools I could list...you conveniently forgot to list some schools in your argument), but how many schools turn down bowl bids because their players are "tired"?  The reason schools turn down bowl bids is because they feel cheated out of a higher paying and more prestigious bowl, and they don't want to settle for a lesser bowl.  Teams that just squeak in don't say "hey, we really don't deserve this bowl...let's pass on it"...they jump at the chance.  I'm sure not every senior at S. Carolina and Clemson were involved in that fight, so, yes, they got screwed, but at least the universities didn't come out with some lame-ass excuse about their players being "tired".  You yourself have been saying that the NIT was a measuring stick for this years team, with the NCAA's being the goal next year.  So, how can you support the decision not to go?  Do you just blindly follow every move the Heath makes?  Given your comments on the political board (of which I actually agree with you in basically every way), I'm surprised.  I'm not calling for Heath's head, I just think it was a crappy thing to do to MJ, since like Hermann Edwards says, "you play to win the game!"

sooie dog

Quote from: CusefaninAR on March 15, 2005, 10:40:06 pm
The NIT seemed to be good enough for everyone before the MSU, Auburn, and UT games.

not for me

Fatty McGee

Quote from: CusefaninAR on March 16, 2005, 11:54:38 am
I never said whether it was MJ's decision or not. I hope your arguments are better formulated for your clients than they are here. MJ got screwed the same way that the seniors got screwed in South Carolina (among other schools I could list...you conveniently forgot to list some schools in your argument), but how many schools turn down bowl bids because their players are "tired"? The reason schools turn down bowl bids is because they feel cheated out of a higher paying and more prestigious bowl, and they don't want to settle for a lesser bowl. Teams that just squeak in don't say "hey, we really don't deserve this bowl...let's pass on it"...they jump at the chance. I'm sure not every senior at S. Carolina and Clemson were involved in that fight, so, yes, they got screwed, but at least the universities didn't come out with some lame-ass excuse about their players being "tired". You yourself have been saying that the NIT was a measuring stick for this years team, with the NCAA's being the goal next year. So, how can you support the decision not to go? Do you just blindly follow every move the Heath makes? Given your comments on the political board (of which I actually agree with you in basically every way), I'm surprised. I'm not calling for Heath's head, I just think it was a crappy thing to do to MJ, since like Hermann Edwards says, "you play to win the game!"

Actually, Notre Dame has turned down bowl bids because they don't feel their team deserves a bowl game if it can't qualify for a better one.  They don't do it as much anymore, but it used to be pretty common.

I don't care one way or another if we go to the NIT.  We would have been invited, that much I'm sure of. 

I realized during the Nutt-Nebraska fiasco that I have very little control over any of this (I had delusions of grandeur before, I think) and so have become much more content.  I knew a long time ago that Heath was going to get another year, and Nutt is probably here as long as he wants.  So I've become much less fired up about this stuff.
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

sooie dog

I knew a long time ago that Heath was going to get another year, and Nutt is probably here as long as he wants.

It must be depressing knowing what you know. 

Fatty McGee

Quote from: sooie dog on March 16, 2005, 02:11:59 pm
I knew a long time ago that Heath was going to get another year, and Nutt is probably here as long as he wants.

It must be depressing knowing what you know.

What's that old saying about accepting the things you can't change and the wisdom to know the difference?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

CusefaninAR

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 16, 2005, 02:01:36 pm

I realized during the Nutt-Nebraska fiasco that I have very little control over any of this (I had delusions of grandeur before, I think) and so have become much more content. I knew a long time ago that Heath was going to get another year, and Nutt is probably here as long as he wants. So I've become much less fired up about this stuff.

Frank, is that you?

Call Mr. Sow