Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lady'Backs in WNIT, UNLV on Friday at Walton

Started by Bill_Smith, March 13, 2005, 10:36:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill_Smith

Quick hit -- Vegas comes to Walton on Friday at 7 p.m.

Winner gets ASU-Miss State in second round

More later
"Trust the people" -- Winston Churchill

pioneerhog

Well at lest the Ladt Backs coach isn't afraid of the NIT.

hogsrule44

Quote from: pioneerhog on March 13, 2005, 10:38:25 pm

your right about that.

Pragmatic PiG

you give SH way too much credit  ;)

pioneerhog

Quote from: Pragmatic PiG on March 13, 2005, 10:53:57 pm

you give SH way too much credit ;)
Are you suggesting that Frank may have had something to do with it? If you are I will tell you right now I'd bet your right.

WindyCityHog

Perhaps it's going to be like that movie.....Juwanna Mann (or something like it).....The Men's squad is going to dress like women....and see what they can do...I'm betting they STILL lose in the 1st Round.

mikeirwin

March 14, 2005, 12:32:10 am #6 Last Edit: March 14, 2005, 12:34:02 am by mikeirwin
She turned it down last year. The WNIT, that is.
Turning it down doesn't always mean you are afraid. There are times when there is no point in playing in it.

CusefaninAR

By that logic, the #16 seeds in the NCAA Tournament should just not play.  After all, none of them have ever beaten a #1 seed.  So, what's the point in playing?  Why should the Hogs play USC next year?  Why don't they just forfeit right now and save the embarassment?  Because there is always a chance, that's why.  I would be curious to know how many people posting on this board have participated in sports, at any level, where they just figured there was no point in playing, so they said "screw it".  Some of the greatest triumphs in sports have come from situations where there might have been "no point in playing".  It is one of the things that makes sports great, and what sets college sports aside from the pros, in my opinion. 

tophawg19

thank god for the iadies .Hog pride in b.ball is still alive .Ihope everyone  will put their support behind them .finally someone to cheer for .They foght hard though overmatched till the end .
if you ain't a hawg you ain't chitlins