Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coach Heath......No more mister nice guy?

Started by PigMan, March 13, 2005, 06:50:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PigMan

Talked with a friend in Fayetteville today who says the word is out that Coach Heath is tired of the nice guy image and not winning.  Its gonna be a different Hog coach next year. Let's hope...

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: PigMan on March 13, 2005, 06:50:28 pm
Talked with a friend in Fayetteville today who says the word is out that Coach Heath is tired of the nice guy image and not winning. Its gonna be a different Hog coach next year. Let's hope...

Maybe he needs to go out shopping with his wife in the off-season.  She'll show him how he needs to treat people and toughen him up a little bit.  ;D

mr4pt

QuoteTalked with a friend in Fayetteville today who says the word is out that Coach Heath is tired of the nice guy image and not winning.  Its gonna be a different Hog coach next year. Let's hope...

This made me laugh...hardeeharhar........Oh what a good joke.

NuttsSacked

Quote from: Anti-OtisII on March 13, 2005, 06:55:33 pm
Talked with a friend in Fayetteville today who says the word is out that Coach Heath is tired of the nice guy image and not winning. Its gonna be a different Hog coach next year. Let's hope...

Maybe he needs to go out shopping with his wife in the off-season.  She'll show him how he needs to treat people and toughen him up a little bit.  ;D

If you don't know this for a fact, SHUT-THE-FREAK-UP!!!

Anti-OtisII

Quote from: NuttsSacked on March 13, 2005, 07:10:05 pm

Maybe he needs to go out shopping with his wife in the off-season. She'll show him how he needs to treat people and toughen him up a little bit. ;D

This is in a thread that begins with "Talked with a friend in Fayetteville today who says the word is out that ....".  Lighten up Francis.

PigPusher

Quote from: NuttsSacked on March 13, 2005, 07:10:05 pm

Maybe he needs to go out shopping with his wife in the off-season. She'll show him how he needs to treat people and toughen him up a little bit. ;D

Yeah, what's to get excited about. Pigman was just reporting a conversation he had with a friend.  Sounds like it could go along with the attitude Heath has about re-evaluation.  Crack down time.  I could buy what Pigman said as it sounds plausible..
A loyal and proud Hogville Hog since 07-01-2003 "pushing" our hogs: And a loyal Razorback fan since 1954.

pioneerhog

It couldn't hurt, we all have seen the "Mr. nice guy" thing isn't working for him.

Lanny

There is room for only one Mr. Nice Guy and that would be me.
"It's only a game if you win but if you lose it's a stinking waste of time."

Al Bundy

returntoglory

every man has his pride, as does heath. this guy is going to be sick and tired of losing as well as taking so much heat from the fans. he will come out and try something different this next year. he has to. i have been a heath backer and he has made me look like a fool. i hope that he comes with something new next year. we can all only hope.

junkyardhog

Either you have fire in your heart, or you don't. There is no in between.  In my younger military years, an old Colonel told me you can come out strong and let up. But if you come out weak and try to get stronger, you will NEVER gain the respect.  As much as the Col and I didn't see eye to eye, he was right on a majority of things.

Heath has lost control of this program! I don't know if the death penalty would have hurt us anymore than the combination of Nolan leaving/Stan Coming. :-[

Call Mr. Sow

Quote from: junkyardhog on March 14, 2005, 09:25:02 am
Heath has lost control of this program! I don't know if the death penalty would have hurt us anymore than the combination of Nolan leaving/Stan Coming. :-[

Hey, maybe you've got something there...maybe we're declining the postseason tournaments as some sort of self-imposed punishment for an as-yet undisclosed NCAA violation.  Is there an NCAA rule against sucking really, really hard?

PigMan

It seems that Mr. nice guy thing applies in the football program as well.  However looks like they are taking steps to make corrections. Being buddies and leader at the same time is a difficult thing to pull off.

idochog

Quote from: PigMan on March 14, 2005, 10:30:10 am
It seems that Mr. nice guy thing applies in the football program as well. However looks like they are taking steps to make corrections. Being buddies and leader at the same time is a difficult thing to pull off.

Nice guys finish last is the old saying.  I dont know that many players coaches who have ever won big and consistently.
I love Jesus!

HighOnHogs

Quote from: junkyardhog on March 14, 2005, 09:25:02 amEither you have fire in your heart, or you don't. There is no in between. In my younger military years, an old Colonel told me you can come out strong and let up. But if you come out weak and try to get stronger, you will NEVER gain the respect. As much as the Col and I didn't see eye to eye, he was right on a majority of things.

This isn't boot camp and sprints up and down the court until you understand who's boss could very well change some of these players way of thinking about how they play ball.  It may take someone who started out weak longer to look strong but believe me,  those sprints up and down the court will either change the way they want to play ball or make them leave.

I've seen it first hand.  If this is true about Heath it could be a very positive step for him. May be too late at Arkansas though only because the fans aren't ready too start another rebuild if these current players don't respond.