Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Anyone Catch the Biting Sarcasm in the Dem-Gazette Today?

Started by WilsonHog, March 06, 2005, 11:28:39 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

WilsonHog

Scott Cain wasn't exactly subtle in the way he described the "Anatomy of a Drought":

Possessions - 15
Missed Shots - 9
Turnovers - 8
Timeouts - 4
Shots Hitting Side of Backboard - 1
Shot-Clock Violations - 1
Auburn Three-Pointers Made - 5
Fan Dance Contest Promotions - 1

Oh, and then there was the headline above Andrew Jensen's article in the Jonesboro Sun: "Auburn Embarrasses Arkansas."

Hogger

Quote from: WilsonHog on March 06, 2005, 11:28:39 pm
Scott Cain wasn't exactly subtle in the way he described the "Anatomy of a Drought":

Possessions - 15
Missed Shots - 9
Turnovers - 8
Timeouts - 4
Shots Hitting Side of Backboard - 1
Shot-Clock Violations - 1
Auburn Three-Pointers Made - 5
Fan Dance Contest Promotions - 1

Oh, and then there was the headline above Andrew Jensen's article in the Jonesboro Sun: "Auburn Embarrasses Arkansas."

Ouch!   :'(

Macgyver_Hawg

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 07, 2005, 01:41:35 am
The wheels are coming off Stan Heath's ride. As bad as I hate to say it I'm hoping for a loss in opening rd of SECT and a loss at home to UALR in the NIT. Maybe that will get Frank to make a move. One more year of Heath is just putting off the inevitable

It won't.

WindyCityHog

The wheels are coming off Stan Heath's ride. As bad as I hate to say it I'm hoping for a loss in opening rd of SECT and a loss at home to UALR in the NIT. Maybe that will get Frank to make a move. One more year of Heath is just putting off the inevitable

I'm with MacGyver.....that wouldn't derail the Train to Hell.  What we need is for Heath to "goon" it up like Chaney....or like the Northwestern coach from a few years back who went into the stands and sat down, the whole while mumbling to himself...kind of like what we do :(

Amityvillehogger

i guess we can just settle for "rebuilding" the next 10 years :-\
Member # 2987.
Registered - 02-23-2005

Pragmatic PiG

Quote from: Amityvillehogger on March 07, 2005, 08:53:08 am
i guess we can just settle for "rebuilding" the next 10 years :-\

yep, prolly by the 10th year the hogs will have the veteran laden team that various fans seem to think you have to have to compete these days

but we will be very, very young till then.......... ;D

HOGLEG

DING!DING!DING! WE HAVE A WINNER HERE FOLKS!

HogInMemphis

To think how many times I was accused of not only being happy when Hogs and Nolan lost, but actually wishing for losses when I posted on Pigpen and Woopig. And here you are right out in the open admitting you want losses. Good for you. I'm with you. These last two games matter not in the least. Win or lose, it doesn't matter. But losing both may help bring about what should happen and what needs to happen.

WilsonHog

Quote from: HogInMemphis on March 07, 2005, 02:08:43 pm

To think how many times I was accused of not only being happy when Hogs and Nolan lost, but actually wishing for losses when I posted on Pigpen and Woopig. And here you are right out in the open admitting you want losses. Good for you. I'm with you. These last two games matter not in the least. Win or lose, it doesn't matter. But losing both may help bring about what should happen and what needs to happen.

I'm not going to say that I want us to lose; truth is, I couldn't care less either way. If we win, fine.  If we lose, fine. 

Flatfoot

Apathy will kill any athletic program.  Apathy will kill the Razorback basketball program because, I am hearing things right now I never thought I would hear in my life.  "I could care less if we win or lose."  "I won't waste my time to drive 3 hours to watch this team."  All of you Heath lovers take heed, one more year of Heath's car crash could kill a lot of fan support for the university.
Thank God for Hogville.  I get my Hog Therapy here everyday.

Fatty McGee

If a 5-6 football season won't do it, why do you think a winning basketball season will?
Bandit: Hey wait a minute, wait a minute. Why do you want that beer so bad?
Little Enos: Cause he's thirsty, dummy!

HogInMemphis

Quote from: flatfoot304 on March 07, 2005, 03:14:09 pm
Apathy will kill any athletic program.  Apathy will kill the Razorback basketball program because, I am hearing things right now I never thought I would hear in my life.  "I could care less if we win or lose."  "I won't waste my time to drive 3 hours to watch this team."  All of you Heath lovers take heed, one more year of Heath's car crash could kill a lot of fan support for the university.

You mean, "could kill a lot MORE fan support for the university." 

It already has killed a lot of fan support as evidenced by no demand for tickets and attendence way down for most games. 

Here in Memphis, attendance has dropped from typically selling out the Pyramid of around 19,000 to the FedEx Forum having between 7,000 and 10,000 for games with rare exception. FedEx capacity is about 18,500. And that's without the U of M hitting rock bottom like the Hogs have. U of M is having an ok season. They have a winning record in Conf USA, which has teams like Cinncinnati and Louisville in it (thought not for much longer). I don't think Calipari has had a losing overall or losing conf. record since he's been here. So, not nearly as bad as how the Hogs have done over the past 4 or 5 years.

Thus, Hogs have a lot further to fall if you compare these situations. It can very easily get to a point where there aren't 5,000 people in the seats for a BS non-conf. opponent and not more than half full for any SEC game. That's a lot of lost revenue for the city and university - loss of concession sales, etc.

What is this, the 4th losing conf. record in a row? Or is this 5 losing SEC seasons in a row? Heath better turn it completely around next year, assuming he's the head coach next season.

Biggus Piggus

Season ticket sales for football and basketball will be very interesting to watch.
[CENSORED]!

gatecrasher

Quote from: Fatty McGee on March 07, 2005, 03:26:56 pm

If a 5-6 football season won't do it, why do you think a winning basketball season will?
why do certain people bring up football in a basketball thread??

gatecrasher

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 07, 2005, 10:01:22 pm

One losing season in football out of seven. Three straight losing seasons in basketball with basically only a two game improvement. See the difference? Of course you don't but most people do.
He won't see it...believe me I've tried!  I think he has a crush on Stan!

gatecrasher

Quote from: ImHogginIt on March 08, 2005, 12:52:14 am
Quote from: gatecrasherfan on March 07, 2005, 11:02:11 pm

why do certain people bring up football in a basketball thread??

desperation

How can someone who hits the nail on the head in the political forum be so off when it comes to Heath ? ;D
i'm telling u he has wood for Heath...I'm convinced of it!