Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Tre Norwood...

Started by The_Boot_stops_here, January 11, 2017, 07:55:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Wildhog

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 13, 2017, 12:18:44 pm
Can't see Calloway's decision being affected by the recruitment of Norwood. There are already plenty of DBs on the commit list plus we are still chasing Curl and (it appears) Stewart.

Sure would be nice if we whiff at the end to have made enough contact with Norwood to be able to flip him on signing day. Wishful thinking, I suppose.

If you are getting sniffs from Louisville and we don't budge on the offer, ok. If it is ND that makes me a bit more nervous. If Florida is lurking then count me in.

And it's not like we haven't reached on out-of-state kids with (much) worse offer lists. 
Arkansas Razorbacks Football National Championships:
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2017, 01:04:07 pm
And it's not like we haven't reached on out-of-state kids with (much) worse offer lists. 

Ever year is different, IMO. They had him in camp, and I'm sure have seen what they wanted to. I thought he was small what little I saw of him this year, but very athletic.

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 01:11:46 pm
Ever year is different, IMO. They had him in camp, and I'm sure have seen what they wanted to. I thought he was small what little I saw of him this year, but very athletic.

Some guys are just players.  I can think of plenty of undersized former hogs that we sure could have used this year.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2017, 10:43:06 am
If we have a spot for Micahh Smith, we should have a spot for Tre Norwood.
[CENSORED]!

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2017, 01:12:49 pm
Some guys are just players.  I can think of plenty of undersized former hogs that we sure could have used this year.

Yeah, hindsight is nice, isn't it.

onebadrubi

Wasn't smith a last minute guy? Or maybe even after signing day?

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 13, 2017, 01:54:59 pm
Wasn't smith a last minute guy? Or maybe even after signing day?

Practically last second.  Classic sign of a reach at a position of major need.  Maybe not, but I doubt it.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 01:18:10 pm
Yeah, hindsight is nice, isn't it.

Don't really see how it's hindsight if you know they're good beforehand.  Some coaches just get hung up too much on measurables.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2017, 02:18:42 pm
Don't really see how it's hindsight if you know they're good beforehand.  Some coaches just get hung up too much on measurables.

The fact that you'd take them now isn't hindsight, lol?? I guess you were pushing for them before they signed on, or only after they did well?

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 02:24:54 pm
The fact that you'd take them now isn't hindsight, lol?? I guess you were pushing for them before they signed on, or only after they did well?

Yes, I wanted Jerico Nelson. :)

And I want us to take any Arkansan with multiple P5 offers.
1909/1964/1965/1977

ricepig

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2017, 02:25:59 pm
Yes, I wanted Jerico Nelson. :)

And I want us to take any Arkansan with multiple P5 offers.

Ok, I just wanted you on record!

Wildhog

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 02:36:40 pm
Ok, I just wanted you on record!

You got it!  Write it down, book it, and take it to the bank!
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

We believed we had better options than Norwood.  Pretty simple.  And just a guess here, but he may be a reach for ND at this point.  Maybe FL too...if they offer.  Probably a pretty good player, though.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Wildhog

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 13, 2017, 03:09:46 pm
We believed we had better options than Norwood.  Pretty simple.  And just a guess here, but he may be a reach for ND at this point.  Maybe FL too...if they offer.

Could be.  Arkansas just produces so few P5 prospects that I think you have to take a few chances on them.  I'd much rather do that than take some late flyer on an out-of-state kid with zero FBS offers.
1909/1964/1965/1977

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wildhog on January 13, 2017, 03:11:28 pm
Could be.  Arkansas just produces so few P5 prospects that I think you have to take a few chances on them.  I'd much rather do that than take some late flyer on an out-of-state kid with zero FBS offers.

I sort of agree, but it's all somewhat of a crap shoot that gets more dangerous when dealing with in state kids.  Just not a cut and dried thing. 

buldozer

Back when our team had 7-12  Arkansas scholarship kids added to it every year, it didn't quit at half time. Having approximately half of your scholarship kids from in-state must give the team a self motivation to not give up or self pride or something else that out-of-state recruiting does't seem to bring to the team regardless of their measurables 

Nosboar Accubond

Quote from: buldozer on January 13, 2017, 04:43:57 pm
Back when our team had 7-12  Arkansas scholarship kids added to it every year, it didn't quit at half time. Having approximately half of your scholarship kids from in-state must give the team a self motivation to not give up or self pride or something else that out-of-state recruiting does't seem to bring to the team regardless of their measurables
no... Just no

ricepig

Man, just think if the complete roster was made up of kids from Arkansas!

PorkRinds

That's ludicrous.

HardingHog

I bet Saban wished he had some more Alabama boys on his roster. If they did, they'd probably have enough motivation to win against Clemson

SkeeterHawg

Quote from: ricepig on January 13, 2017, 05:17:11 pm
Man, just think if the complete roster was made up of kids from Arkansas!
We would be tackling the other team while they were getting on the bus to leave.  Maybe even chasing the plane down the runway at the airport.  We would "Never Yield"!

ricepig

Visiting Wake Forest this weekend.

Wooderson

I won't say that our team quit, but I will say that we won more in the 2000's with more Arkansas kids.  Arkansas athletes are highly underrated.
Give me liberty, or give me death!

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Wooderson on January 13, 2017, 07:49:55 pm
I won't say that our team quit, but I will say that we won more in the 2000's with more Arkansas kids.  Arkansas athletes are highly underrated.

And our success was when we were led by 2 special type players...DMac and Jones.  We were largely mediocre with all those AR kids, though.  During a time when the SEC wasn't what it is today. 

LJHOG

Quote from: tophawg19 on January 13, 2017, 10:51:00 am
we already have 2 or 3 kids that are that size , so that may be the reason we are holding off
do they run sub 4.4 as is reported about Tre?  Seems those type players have run through our D on multiple occasions the last few years.

ricepig

Quote from: LJHOG on January 14, 2017, 08:21:22 am
do they run sub 4.4 as is reported about Tre?  Seems those type players have run through our D on multiple occasions the last few years.

They all run a sub 4.4 on their recruiting profile........

Porkatarian

Norwood has legit SEC talent.  We pay B.ert 4 mil per year to make evaluations and recruit talent to the hill.  Evidently, he likes other kids better.

Porkatarian out...
"I came here to win the SEC and that is exactly what we are going to do."

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Porkatarian on January 14, 2017, 11:54:08 am
Norwood has legit SEC talent.  We pay B.ert 4 mil per year to make evaluations and recruit talent to the hill.  Evidently, he likes other kids better.

Porkatarian out...

Maybe Selling out to Calloway.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Just like we missed on Kenneth Dixon...
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

ricepig

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on January 14, 2017, 12:12:07 pm

So, you know which kids we should offer in-state, and which ones we shouldn't? What's you hit rate? Petrino didn't like Dixon as well as the RB from OK, Sutton?? Norwood has been to camp and Rhoads has seen him as well, so you go with their decisions.

factchecker

WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

hawginbigd1

Quote from: ricepig on January 14, 2017, 12:22:37 pm
So, you know which kids we should offer in-state, and which ones we shouldn't? What's you hit rate? Petrino didn't like Dixon as well as the RB from OK, Sutton?? Norwood has been to camp and Rhoads has seen him as well, so you go with their decisions.
Donovan something or another, and I don't believe he ever played a down for anyone, maybe an Oklahoma directional school, great call by CBP.

To be fair, there have been dozens of Arkansas small school RBs who were all-state record breakers who were not D1 talents, much less SEC worthy.

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Quote from: factchecker on January 14, 2017, 12:34:03 pm
Wrong coaching staff.....
I know that just something we're notorious for.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

imtad16

How close are Jamario Bell and Will Gragg to contributing? Where are they at in development? I, like everyone else, was hoping two 4-star instaters would be on the field contributing atleast a little bit more than they have by now.

Hollywood870

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on January 14, 2017, 12:12:07 pm
David Porter is an in state DE this year that I like.

ricepig

Quote from: imtad16 on January 14, 2017, 02:36:57 pm
How close are Jamario Bell and Will Gragg to contributing? Where are they at in development? I, like everyone else, was hoping two 4-star instaters would be on the field contributing atleast a little bit more than they have by now.

Maybe star ratings aren't what they appear?

imtad16

Quote from: ricepig on January 14, 2017, 03:15:27 pm
Maybe star ratings aren't what they appear?

Maybe that's the story. They are only RFR's so obviously there is still time but just haven't heard really anything about them after two years on campus.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: imtad16 on January 14, 2017, 02:36:57 pm

Gragg more than than Bell.  Gragg had the offer sheet.  Don't believe Bell did. 

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: imtad16 on January 14, 2017, 03:28:12 pm

Maybe that's the story. They are only RFR's so obviously there is still time but just haven't heard really anything about them after two years on campus.

Henry and Sprinkle haven't helped.

imtad16

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 14, 2017, 04:30:08 pm
Henry and Sprinkle haven't helped.

True. I wish Bell would be moved back to DE, a light would turn on and he became a pass rushing beast because his frame and athletic ability are ideal.

Philibuster

Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on January 12, 2017, 11:42:23 am
obviously Paul Rhoads is saying no, so we should trust his judgement
Yeah, you're right. He proved to do wonders in the secondary this year!

ricepig

Quote from: Philibuster on January 14, 2017, 06:08:51 pm
Yeah, you're right. He proved to do wonders in the secondary this year!

They were better.

Ramboar

I'll be yo Huckleberry

Oklahawg

I am going to go out on a limb here. It's pretty sturdy, though: the coaches have a wish list they like better. They have X spots and plenty of names for those spots. Maybe a few whiffs and they make a late move, but I don't anticipate that many whiffs as we finish.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: Ramboar on January 14, 2017, 08:03:10 pm
This...glad someone gets it.

2 or 3 more Pulley types and we'll be even better.

presidenthog

This this this.

presidenthog

Quote from: imtad16 on January 14, 2017, 05:01:26 pm
True. I wish Bell would be moved back to DE, a light would turn on and he became a pass rushing beast because his frame and athletic ability are ideal.
Bell would fit as  OLB in a 3-4. I complained in here when the move was made. Got yelled at by everyone and thier rediculous trust the coaches bs. Sometimes you have better vision of something when you aren't right up against it. I knew bell had no chance at TE. Still doesn't. Word is though he doesn't like to hit.

Hoggy Bear

Norwood just posted 30 min ago on Twitter that OU has now offered him

Fort Dweller

I said a couple of months ago he was the best athlete in the state.  May not be the best football player, but he is the best athlete IMO.
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

ricepig

Good for him, looks like he'll get his college paid for.