Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

New JUCO name - Brandon Berry WDE

Started by Bacon_Bitz, January 09, 2017, 09:23:59 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bacon_Bitz

Coach B retweeted this kid very recently.  If he's still only 230 lbs I imagine he's targeted to be an OLB in the new 3-4.  Who knows how much he weighs now though.

http://247sports.com/Player/Brandon-Berry-32792

http://www.hudl.com/profile/1223544/brandon-berry

http://scottieathletics.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=290

Bubba's Bruisers

Do we know for certain we're going to the 34?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Piggfoot

Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

hawgdavis

Griffin Ga produces a lot of top quality talent that usually finds its way to Awbarn

Pig in the Pokey

You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

DoubleReedHawgCaller

Any kin to Eric Berry? Hell if he'll just hit like Eric Berry I'd take him.
A couple female midgets, a few bottles of Wild Irish Rose, and a room at the Trout Inn...... who knows what may happen.....

Bubba's Bruisers

I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 09, 2017, 11:03:04 am
how could we with no DC?
I suspect the issue of not having a DC will be cleared up in the near future. I'd be very shocked if we don't have someone named/in place by the end of the week.

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 09, 2017, 04:56:38 pm
I suspect the issue of not having a DC will be cleared up in the near future. I'd be very shocked if we don't have someone named/in place by the end of the week.

How long have you been doing this? First, we have to have an opening, then we have to fret and worry and wring our hands, and of course, wait for Bielema to make the change, about 6 weeks........we aren't hosting any one this weekend, so unless it's Rhoads, it will probably be next week sometime.

Edit: Hernandez is doing his official visit this weekend, and then enrolling on Monday.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on January 09, 2017, 10:06:49 am
Do we know for certain we're going to the 34?

Not fully but you will see it in some game plans and certain times I believe is what was said

hawgdavis

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2017, 05:08:34 pm
How long have you been doing this? First, we have to have an opening, then we have to fret and worry and wring our hands, and of course, wait for Bielema to make the change, about 6 weeks........we aren't hosting any one this weekend, so unless it's Rhoads, it will probably be next week sometime.

Edit: Hernandez is doing his official visit this weekend, and then enrolling on Monday.

Uh we have an opening at DC

ricepig

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2017, 05:43:23 pm
Uh, he hasn't officially resigned.
Well let's ASSUME he DOES officially resign.  My comment still stands. Besides, I feel fairly certain that CBB has more than a couple of names in his rolodex he can consult. And who knows: perhaps the new DC is already on campus.

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 09, 2017, 06:11:18 pm
Well let's ASSUME he DOES officially resign.  My comment still stands. Besides, I feel fairly certain that CBB has more than a couple of names in his rolodex he can consult. And who knows: perhaps the new DC is already on campus.

He's said he always has names ready, and how many times has he hired on HV's schedule? Supposedly Minnesota isn't announcing until Thursday, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have one until the next week.

bulldog04

Quote from: DoubleReedHawgCaller on January 09, 2017, 11:12:17 am
Any kin to Eric Berry? Hell if he'll just hit like Eric Berry I'd take him.
Could be a chance I guess since their hometowns are 33 miles apart.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Piggfoot on January 09, 2017, 10:20:26 am
Eligibility?
Looks like 4 to play 3 since he played as a true freshman and would appear to be a full qualifier out of HS (Like Britto Tutt). If true, he could redshirt as a sophomore and then have three years of eligibility.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2017, 06:17:21 pm
He's said he always has names ready, and how many times has he hired on HV's schedule? Supposedly Minnesota isn't announcing until Thursday, so I wouldn't be surprised if we don't have one until the next week.
In other words IF and WHEN it's announced it likely won't be long before a new DC is likely named. My point all along.

ricepig

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 09, 2017, 10:34:11 pm
In other words IF and WHEN it's announced it likely won't be long before a new DC is likely named. My point all along.

You said....

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 09, 2017, 04:56:38 pm

I guess you will be shocked if it's next week, then? And I'll be shocked if it's before the end of the week, haha.

onebadrubi

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 09, 2017, 10:34:11 pm

Not been Bielemas MO.  I believe he's always had time between a departure and a hire.  And not sure hogville has even been close on a guess

Hawg Life

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 09, 2017, 05:31:12 pm
Not fully but you will see it in some game plans and certain times I believe is what was said

The 3-4 will be our base defense.