Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like Montaric Brown Has OV Scheduled

Started by colbs, January 03, 2017, 12:07:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

pork in the whiskers

Quote from: Richard Davenport on January 10, 2017, 01:37:06 pm
Don't think that has anything to do with it. Montaric really likes Paul Rhoads.

As does Paul really likes Buster and La'Darrius Bishop.

FraggleHog

Per SEC Country on Twitter, Montaric will not be visiting Okie Lite or the Land Thieves. Huge news for Arkansas!

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-commit-montaric-brown-oklahoma-oklahoma-state
Calling the Hogs from DFW

PorkRinds

Quote from: FraggleHog on January 11, 2017, 09:23:44 am
Per SEC Country on Twitter, Montaric will not be visiting Okie Lite or the Land Thieves. Huge news for Arkansas!

https://www.seccountry.com/arkansas/arkansas-commit-montaric-brown-oklahoma-oklahoma-state

Days old news, but yes, great news.

woodhog14

Quote from: pork in the whiskers on January 10, 2017, 06:40:49 pm
As does Paul really likes Buster and La'Darrius Bishop.

Do we have a good shot at Bishop? I've heard he has some people in his ear about going somewhere else, like Jaden Hill had Cedrick Harris in his ear about going to LSU for baseball, and he is listening. He's the best athlete on the team. I hope we can land him.

FraggleHog

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 11, 2017, 11:40:44 am
Days old news, but yes, great news.

My bad... I didn't see that news broke a couple days ago.
Calling the Hogs from DFW

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Muskliketusk on January 10, 2017, 04:35:46 pm
He's gonna start from day one. Safety ain't a issue for at least 3 more years.
Statements like that don't put too much pressure on the kid
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 13, 2017, 12:20:54 pm
Statements like that don't put too much pressure on the kid

Yep, the expectations of Hogville are just too much for this kid to bear.  We've ruined our best safety recruit in a decade b/c of all this pressure.  So it goes with the Razorbacks.  Such a sad life we fans lead.

RaisinHog

He weighs like 160 lbs things will have to go extremely well in the weight room for him to.start that soon

Bacon_Bitz

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 13, 2017, 01:25:30 pm
He weighs like 160 lbs things will have to go extremely well in the weight room for him to.start that soon

Listed at 182 on 247.  Who knows what he really weighs.

factchecker

Quote from: RaisinHog on January 13, 2017, 01:25:30 pm

When is 180 lbs. "like 160"?

http://www.usarmyallamericanbowl.com/player/montaric-brown/
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

RaisinHog

Well he may be bigger now but last time I saw him maybe 6 months ago he was pretty small great player though and I'm glad he is a hog but I do expect he will need some time to adjust to big boy ball

HardingHog

The highly rated, 180+lb safety from Arkansas we got is allegedly smaller than listed/too small

The lowly ranked 5'10 and 160 lb, small DB we didn't offer is really 6'2 and 190 lbs

It's like we desperately try to prove that anything we do isn't right

ricepig

Quote from: HardingHog on January 13, 2017, 07:15:38 pm
The highly rated, 180+lb safety from Arkansas we got is allegedly smaller than listed/too small

The lowly ranked 5'10 and 160 lb, small DB we didn't offer is really 6'2 and 190 lbs

It's like we desperately try to prove that anything we do isn't right

Maybe they were switched at birth.......

SemperFi

I received word today that Coach B was in Ashdown and met with Montaric Brown over some BBQ at Big Jakes. All is good and Montaric is all hog.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

hawginbigd1

Quote from: SemperFi on January 17, 2017, 03:59:41 pm
I received word today that Coach B was in Ashdown and met with Montaric Brown over some BBQ at Big Jakes. All is good and Montaric is all hog.
Nice!

factchecker

Quote from: SemperFi on January 17, 2017, 03:59:41 pm

https://twitter.com/DannyWest1/status/821533349776945152

Why is he visiting okie state?
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

Hogberry Snortcake

Saw that tweet, but couldn't read the article.  That's not a positive.

ricepig

factchecker

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 08:36:05 pm
Says he just wants to do another visit, as they say, we'll see.

Hopefully is just the in home visit high.

Okie state coaches visited Brown today.  Gundy probably pressuring him for a visit. You know when you see that mullet it makes you want to visit stoolwater.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

ricepig

Quote from: factchecker on January 17, 2017, 08:37:37 pm
Hopefully is just the in home visit high.

Okie state coaches visited Brown today.  Gundy probably pressuring him for a visit. You know when you see that mullet it makes you want to visit stoolwater.

We'll see if it's still on after this weekend.

colbs

He's still visiting Arkansas this weekend right?

ricepig

Quote from: colbs on January 17, 2017, 09:06:54 pm
He's still visiting Arkansas this weekend right?

Sure, as PIP says, don't freak out, lol.

Music City Hog

A mod on a pay site thinks he flips to OSU.  They got in his head that our coaches won't be here long.   

ricepig

Quote from: Music City Hog on January 17, 2017, 09:12:30 pm
A mod on a pay site thinks he flips to OSU.  They got in his head that our coaches won't be here long.   

Well, Jeff just needs to give another 4 extension along with the buyout, problem solved.

Scott7703

I'm not sure which mod that would be. Two of the ones I know have both said he will still be a hog and don't even think he takes the visit when all is said and done.

Hawgar The Horrible

This is a once in a generation type deal in Little River County. The locals won't ever forget it...good or bad.
There are fans and there are supporters. The latter carries the weight.

WooPig90

Heard that as well, maybe we can do some convincing and get Brad Stewart then if Brown does flip?

Music City Hog

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 17, 2017, 10:04:52 pm
Heard that as well, maybe we can do some convincing and get Brad Stewart then if Brown does flip?

Same mod thinks that's a possibility.

WooPig90

colbs

If he doesn't cancel his visit to Okie Lite after this weekend I'm going to be pretty nervous.

OnTheHillHogFan

Stewart can commit if Brown flips. So our backup plan is in place
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

WooPig90

Quote from: OnTheHillHogFan on January 17, 2017, 10:30:08 pm
Stewart can commit if Brown flips. So our backup plan is in place

Hell of a backup plan, wish we could take both

Dominicanhog

He's all Hog.. he won't even visit OSU .. I'm 19% positive...

Dominicanhog

I like Brad a lot, and was heartbroken yesterday when Ricepig said we couldn't have them all....

Oklahawg

The mullet is capitalizing on Brown wanting to get out and see the world. I suspect Brown'll visit, like it a lot, toy with us emotionally, and be a Hog on signing day.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

JackJohnson

I've got complete faith in the Arkansas head coach and our newly hired D.C. To seal the deal and get us that much needed highly recruited mega stud in the secondary (who also happens to be an in state kid) that we haven't gotten in the past several years

onebadrubi

Where are those couple of guys close to this situation to provide an update?

WooPig90

If brown isnt sure on wanting to be a hog and Stewart is, Id take stewart now.

outlawhogeywells

seems typical of a team from Oklahoma that they would negative recruit a kid. 

Hey Super

Quote from: Dominicanhog on January 17, 2017, 11:01:32 pm
He's all Hog.. he won't even visit OSU .. I'm 19% positive...

Hey, I'll take it.
As the ancient Tibetan philosophy states...... "Don't start none ... won't be none"<br /><br />
Quote from: Seebs on July 23, 2011, 02:33:26 pm<br />Please do not allow facts to get in the way of a good freak out<br />

hogman64

100% he flips.   Every time we get a visit from a commitment elsewhere he flips to us, right?

Scott7703

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 18, 2017, 09:57:02 am
If brown isnt sure on wanting to be a hog and Stewart is, Id take stewart now.

Stewart is a long shot at best regardless of Brown situation.

WooPig90

Quote from: Scott7703 on January 18, 2017, 12:22:18 pm

Stewart is a long shot at best regardless of Brown situation.

Not from what I have heard. Stewart wants to jump on board but he has to wait until the Brown situation to see if we can take him

colbs

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 18, 2017, 12:29:55 pm
Not from what I have heard. Stewart wants to jump on board but he has to wait until the Brown situation to see if we can take him
I would think his offer would depend on what Chevin does since they are both cornerbacks.

The_Boot_stops_here

So you're telling me that we're slow playing a 4* DB with offers from 11 of the 14 SEC schools in addition to (in alphabetical order) Arizona, Arizona St, Colorado, FSU, GT, Kansas St, Miami, Michigan, Nebraska, UNC, OU, Penn St, TCU, Texas and VT?  There is just no way you could convince me this is true.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: colbs on January 18, 2017, 12:38:33 pm
I would think his offer would depend on what Chevin does since they are both cornerbacks.

His offer should depend on nothing at all.  If he wants to come, make a dang spot

PorkRinds

Really doubt that. Like almost no way this is true. If he wants on board we take him now.

Scott7703

I really hope you don't believe this. Him tentatively visiting midweek should tell you all you need to know.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: ricepig on January 17, 2017, 09:07:47 pm
Sure, as PIP says, don't freak out, lol.
Buster really likes Arkansas. He's gotta be a 95%+ Hog. Certainly not worried about a visit to Stillwater.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

ricepig

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 18, 2017, 01:34:58 pm
Buster really likes Arkansas. He's gotta be a 95%+ Hog. Certainly not worried about a visit to Stillwater.

What happened to that other 5%????