Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Looks like Montaric Brown Has OV Scheduled

Started by colbs, January 03, 2017, 12:07:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

Quote from: razoredge178 on January 05, 2017, 12:46:35 pm
Its January 5th folks- don't expect this to be the last potential bombshell over the next 3-1/2 weeks. Imploding at the end of the season is a killer. CBB had a hell of a head of steam coming out of the last two seasons, and pieced together top 30 classes. No steam this year.
Yeah but that is not why they finished in the top 25.  They pretty much had the classes wrapped up before the bowl game.  I doubt  a lot of players will start jumping ship because of the way the season ended.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: AP85 on January 05, 2017, 06:40:22 am
Please share with us. What is there "fun" to do in Fayetteville?
believe me there is more to do in Fayetteville than there is to do at Okie Dokie State.  that town is about like living in Russellville

Oklahawg

Quote from: longpig on January 05, 2017, 08:57:21 am
You sure about this?  Could've swore the sec had a math requirement the Big 12 and others didn't.

Supposedly...minimum requirements are minimum requirements.

That said, OSU enrolled a few UA recruits that UA couldn't get enrolled back in the Nutt era. Maybe things have changed since then. Probably have, but it did happen (research Jeremy Palmoore).
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 05, 2017, 05:05:02 pm
Supposedly...minimum requirements are minimum requirements.

That said, OSU enrolled a few UA recruits that UA couldn't get enrolled back in the Nutt era. Maybe things have changed since then. Probably have, but it did happen (research Jeremy Palmoore).

What works at Arkansas, might not work at Stanford, or even Wisconsin. The NCAA has a minimum requirement with GPA, test scores, and core courses that must be met. They were changed in 2016 which implemented the sliding scale for grades and test scores, but I believe increased the number of core courses. To my knowledge, there isn't a difference from one conference to another these days.

PorkSoda

Quote from: ricepig on January 05, 2017, 05:11:00 pm
To my knowledge, there isn't a difference from one conference to another these days.
Just because they meet the NCAA minimum doesn't mean they meet the school minimum.  for instance a player that can get into Arkansas isn't necessarily going to get into Harvard.
"I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity." ― Edgar Allan Poe
"If quantum mechanics hasn't profoundly shocked you, you haven't understood it yet. Everything we call real is made of things that cannot be regarded as real." – Niels Bohr
"A mind stretched to a new idea, never returns to its original dimensions" ~ Oliver Wendell Holmes
Quote from: PonderinHog on August 07, 2023, 06:37:15 pmYeah, we're all here, but we ain't all there.

ricepig

Quote from: PorkSoda on January 05, 2017, 05:13:28 pm
Just because they meet the NCAA minimum doesn't mean they meet the school minimum.  for instance a player that can get into Arkansas isn't necessarily going to get into Harvard.

Yep, thus the reference to Stanford or Wisconsin. Of course, most schools make "exceptions" to this and admit a certain number of these "exceptions" every year.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 03, 2017, 08:41:41 pm
There was talk of a qualifying issue. He may be looking for back ups if he doesn't meet SEC requirements.

This sounds probable...
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

ricepig

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 05, 2017, 07:37:53 pm
This sounds probable...

Nope, same minimum requirements everywhere. University of Arkansas admittance requirements aren't higher than the other schools.

http://www.ncaa.org/about/student-athlete-eligibility

King Kong

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 03, 2017, 08:41:41 pm
There was talk of a qualifying issue. He may be looking for back ups if he doesn't meet SEC requirements.

For what it's worth he has been followed and followed some JUCO coaches on twitter

98hogs

Quote from: outlawhogeywells on January 05, 2017, 01:50:47 pm
believe me there is more to do in Fayetteville than there is to do at Okie Dokie State.  that town is about like living in Russellville
+1

onebadrubi

Quote from: King Kong on January 05, 2017, 09:02:32 pm
For what it's worth he has been followed and followed some JUCO coaches on twitter

That should tell us something, making sure he covers all basis

Tusks

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 06, 2017, 03:30:52 pm
That should tell us something, making sure he covers all basis

but a poster earlier in the thread said he'd made his test score and with his GPA he was ok.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit

buldozer

If he is taking OVs to other schools he either has already made up his mind to jump ship or is seriously thinking about it.... this is what happens when you crash and burn your program at the end of the year

presidenthog

Anybody else find it ironic we are discussing his grades being a problem but it is the problem for a certain instate D linemen?

ricepig

Quote from: buldozer on January 06, 2017, 11:05:32 pm
If he is taking OVs to other schools he either has already made up his mind to jump ship or is seriously thinking about it.... this is what happens when you crash and burn your program at the end of the year

Or, as usual, you don't know the whole story.

HawgnCorona

Quote from: ricepig on January 07, 2017, 08:31:07 am
Or, as usual, you don't know the whole story.

Then tell the whole story...assuming you know.
Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

toshortrock

Toshortrock,,,,,,GO HOGS/////

Tripod1

SemperFi

These OV's were already planned and he's simply honoring those plans. From what I'm told he's very solid to the Hogs. This coming from a friend that lives in Ashdown that knows Montaric and his family personally.

Can things change? Absolutely. However, there is no reason to get up in arms about him taking visits. We'll have him up in Fayetteville and Coach B will have his opportunity to firm this up.
Some people wonder all their lives if they've made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem. - Ronald Reagan

pork in the whiskers

Quote from: HawgnCorona on January 07, 2017, 10:28:00 am
Then tell the whole story...assuming you know.

Did you read page 2? My post? Try that. It pretty much spells it out.

Bacon_Bitz

My question is can he come in with just fall practice and start from day one? Didn't Rohan Gaines do that?

deedster84

I have seen him make 2 good tackles in this Army AA game. #23 on east squad.

rljjr

Quote from: deedster84 on January 07, 2017, 01:31:08 pm
I have seen him make 2 good tackles in this Army AA game. #23 on east squad.

Saved a for sure TD with an open field tackle.

deedster84

Quote from: rljjr on January 07, 2017, 01:34:38 pm
Saved a for sure TD with an open field tackle.
That was great. I thought he was beat, that little juke would've made most miss, but he got him down.

hawginbigd1

Quote from: Bacon_Bitz on January 07, 2017, 01:27:05 pm
My question is can he come in with just fall practice and start from day one? Didn't Rohan Gaines do that?
I hope so it is apparent we have a lack of speed and talent at that position.

plumbhog

Quote from: Ironhawg on January 05, 2017, 03:42:15 am
Mark Hutson - OU All-American - Dallas
Tyrell Johnson, Arkansas State-Denver Broncos
bigdaddyhawg,<br />"Tyler wants to find the short receiver almost every single time.  He rarely even looks down the field. Folks, this IS a problem and it is going to continue to severely limit our pass game."<br /><br />Six days later, Tyler throws for a school record 510 yards against A&M

ricepig

Quote from: plumbhog on January 07, 2017, 04:37:10 pm
Tyrell Johnson, Arkansas State-Denver Broncos

I think the question is those who had an Arkansas offer.

HOGINTENNESSEE

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 03, 2017, 06:28:50 pm
Could be the reason why we are after Kamren Curl?

We have four spots left. Two will go to a DE/OLB and DT assume we actually find a quality one. One for Johnston if he wants it. And 2 out of Calloway, Curl and Stewart

Assuming they want to commit

TNRazorbacker

Nobody is committed until they sign and we rarely win in these situations with blue chips- whether they be in or out of state. The in state kids know if they want to be a Hog or not. I look for him to land elsewhere. Hope the staff is evaluating other options.

buldozer

Quote from: TNRazorbacker on January 07, 2017, 07:50:50 pm
Nobody is committed until they sign and we rarely win in these situations with blue chips- whether they be in or out of state. The in state kids know if they want to be a Hog or not. I look for him to land elsewhere. Hope the staff is evaluating other options.

^^^This^^^ is what I have seen over and over the last 50+ years....
Just watching the Hogs play UK tonight and was glad to see one that got away didn't do much against us. To many times they seem to have really big games against the hogs just to prove a point I guess. Home state kids go elsewhere cause they think the grass is greener then want to rub it in as much as they can it seems when they get a chance to play the hogs. I for one like to see them fall flat on their face when they play the hogs but do well in all their other games.

Kids seem to think they have to play on a NC team to get drafted high, I have seen that proven not to be the case over and over. Plus real Arkansas kids with Arkansas pride know they will forever be a state wide celebrity if they play for the hogs. After ball their ticket is punched for them if they return home after showing out for the hogs. If they leave and have a super duper career, no one will remember their name here. And if they do, they will likely remember the fact they shunned the hogs. Most of those kids never come home except to visit family briefly if at all. They end up disliking where they came from it seems.

OhioHog

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 04, 2017, 07:23:07 am
He probably follows some hogville folks on twitter and saw the #firebielema hashtag...or he just comes here.

That would do it for me if I was a recruit!

HardingHog

https://twitter.com/yvngsimba3/status/817939881099988992

His tweet of the pig emoji after "quote tweeting" a pic of him from the AA game throwing the A. He's been tweeting/retweeting many Hog fans tweets the last several days. Seems pretty committed to me still

imtad16

Quote from: HardingHog on January 08, 2017, 04:29:58 pm
https://twitter.com/yvngsimba3/status/817939881099988992

His tweet of the pig emoji after "quote tweeting" a pic of him from the AA game throwing the A. He's been tweeting/retweeting many Hog fans tweets the last several days. Seems pretty committed to me still

Yeah that is good to see.

jry04

Quote from: presidenthog on January 07, 2017, 01:28:18 am
Anybody else find it ironic we are discussing his grades being a problem but it is the problem for a certain instate D linemen?
That isn't irony...

Pig in the Pokey

Some of you guys have some serious self esteem issues. Get help.

Brown is all hog.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

Hognspace

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 08, 2017, 09:00:12 pm
Some of you guys have some serious self esteem issues. Get help.

Brown is all hog.

Sad when an 18yr old is more mature and confident than "adults".

ricepig

Brown said Arkansas will be his only visit, so the nervous Nellies will have to find someone else to fret about.

onebadrubi

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2017, 05:16:10 pm
Brown said Arkansas will be his only visit, so the nervous Nellies will have to find someone else to fret about.

So the tea leaves in this thread were most likely correct.  Visits were setup when Arkansas wwasn't a definite to get in, once that recent ACT score came in then he shut down other visits and options.  Great to hear

ricepig

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 09, 2017, 05:26:01 pm
So the tea leaves in this thread were most likely correct.  Visits were setup when Arkansas wwasn't a definite to get in, once that recent ACT score came in then he shut down other visits and options.  Great to hear

Umm, not really, the same NCAA requirements at Arkansas, as at Okie St and OU.

monty hawg

Brown told Dudley that he is not taking the OVs to OU and OSU.  Paid article and can't link

PorkRinds

Fort Dweller

CRS leaves, Buster reaffirms and cancels other visits.  Coincidence?
Quote from: Fatty McGee on June 03, 2012, 09:43:59 pmRabid gay rampage?  That's quite a phrase.  I picture rundown neighborhoods being gentrified by angry, fit, childless, and well dressed mobs.
Quote from: sharpd1 on September 23, 2012, 08:33:21 pmSome of the people posting on here aren't good at brain stuff.
Quote from: PonderinHog on June 26, 2013, 11:15:49 pm
What if he chews a Poptart into the shape of two men holding hands - or worse?
Quote from: PharmacistHog on February 19, 2015, 10:09:07 am
Did you really click on the "report to moderator" button.  And not only that but do it on yourself? 

imtad16

Looks like Pork in the Wiskers had good info. I'm pumped. Buster is gonna be a good one.

imtad16

Watching this game and thinking about the historic run Bama is/has been on makes me admire and get fired about about guys like Buster Brown who could join the run Bama is on, yet he is on record saying Arkansas is his dream school and he is choosing to take a crack at beating the Tide instead. Love it.

hobhog

Quote from: monty hawg on January 09, 2017, 06:21:01 pm
Brown told Dudley that he is not taking the OVs to OU and OSU.  Paid article and can't link

Atta boy!

JackJohnson

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2017, 05:16:10 pm

Great news!

TNhawgfan

Quote from: Fort Dweller on January 09, 2017, 07:46:03 pm
I don't know, but it's definitely cherries on top of the sundae
I'd rather be dead than be a Vol

PorkRinds

Quote from: Fort Dweller on January 09, 2017, 07:46:03 pm

Yes. Coincidence. He wasn't coming here for Smith.

Richard Davenport

Quote from: TNhawgfan on January 10, 2017, 12:31:27 pm
I don't know, but it's definitely cherries on top of the sundae

Don't think that has anything to do with it. Montaric really likes Paul Rhoads.

Muskliketusk

He's gonna start from day one. Safety ain't a issue for at least 3 more years.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.