Looks like Montaric Brown Has OV Scheduled

Started by colbs, January 03, 2017, 12:07:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

colbs

Oklahoma St on 1/13
Arkansas on 1/20
OU on 1/27

collegestationhog

Has he been planning on taking visits all along? Or did he just recently change his mind to take visits?

colbs

Quote from: collegestationhog on January 03, 2017, 12:20:51 pm
Has he been planning on taking visits all along? Or did he just recently change his mind to take visits?
Not sure

moto625

He watched the belk bowl and the sugar bowl,  came to the conclusion he may want to look around.

1highhog

I'm afraid we're going to see a lot of this after the show that was put on in our last two games.

colbs

Quote from: moto625 on January 03, 2017, 01:15:29 pm
He watched the belk bowl and the sugar bowl,  came to the conclusion he may want to look around.
You may be right but I'm guessing you just assume this.

Ramboar

Don't like the OU visit last, gonna suck losing an instate 4* safety to BS. CBB has got to land this kid.
I'll be yo Huckleberry

HogCzar1

If a committed player is taking visits, and you aren't the last one then that isn't promising.

Love those Hogs

I'd hate to see him choose somebody else but can't say I blame him for looking around.
Hogs 4 Life!

hogcard1964

Quote from: 1highhog on January 03, 2017, 01:20:45 pm
I'm afraid we're going to see a lot of this after the show that was put on in our last two games.

Why, were we previously the only school he had his eyes on?  Didn't he already commit?

passinghog

None of those schools are ones to worry about

Hollywood870

Quote from: Showtimehog on January 03, 2017, 03:09:11 pm
Yeah, OU is just........never mind.

AirWarren

ricepig

Quote from: AP85 on January 03, 2017, 03:16:36 pm
Sugar bowl win.
Belk bow loss.

Ok.
Well, using that logic he chose us over a CFP team and a Liberty Bowl winner back in the summer/fall.............

pigskenG

Name the former Arkansas high school football players who went out of state, and had a good career ?
I can only think of one, the rb that went to Memphis rather than sign with Arkansas. Also good NFL career.

Tick Hog

Quote from: pigskenG on January 03, 2017, 04:41:06 pm
Name the former Arkansas high school football players who went out of state, and had a good career ?
I can only think of one, the rb that went to Memphis rather than sign with Arkansas. Also good NFL career.
Unfortunately the list is a lot longer my friend.

JackJohnson

Not being able to sign kids like him and Calloway and then having to scramble with kids with a a sun belt offer and a bunch from the southland conference is one of the main reasons  our secondary is so atrocious. 

Bottom line is Bert needs to get better defensive recruiters in here Bc the likes of segrest and Hargreaves were at the levels they were for a reason

onebadrubi

There might be another reason he is looking at the Big 12.  It was mentioned here by someone a few weeks back but got deleted pretty quick. I'm not going to repeat it but will be interesting to see this play out.  I hope we land him!

ADavisTheGOAT

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 03, 2017, 06:27:32 pm
There might be another reason he is looking at the Big 12.  It was mentioned here by someone a few weeks back but got deleted pretty quick. I'm not going to repeat it but will be interesting to see this play out.  I hope we land him!
Could be the reason why we are after Kamren Curl?
Razorbacks | Redskins | Pelicans | LA Tech

ricepig

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 03, 2017, 06:28:50 pm

We'd take both and Calloway, too.

RedyorNot

Maybe he doesn't like we're after another safety. I'd hate to loose an in-state kid, he seems to have a lot of potential, but Hernandez can flat out ball if he goes elsewhere.

Muskliketusk

Gonna look at the king of cheaters and there little brother who is nothing more than a cute lil regional program. Ain't scared.
Our father who art in Heaven, Razorbacks be thy name. For the games we've won and battles done, on the road as it is at home. Give us this day our weekly win and forgive us our turnovers as we defeat those that play against us. Lead us not into devastation, but deliver us a title. For thine is the program, the pride and the Hogs, Amen.

-prayer I say every gameday.

PintailKiller

Quote from: pigskenG on January 03, 2017, 04:41:06 pm
These come to mind:
Cortez Kennedy - Miami Hurricane - Seattle
Willie Roaf - La Tech - Saints
Steve Foley - ULM - Cinci/ Houston
Chris Harris - ULM - Chi Bears
Keith Jackson - OU - Eagles/ Packers
Leslie O'Neal - OSU - Chargers
Kevin Williams - OSU - Vikings
"Just take the ball and throw it where you want to. Throw strikes. Home plate don't move."

colbs

Quote from: Hogfan991 on January 03, 2017, 06:28:50 pm
Curl is being recruited as a CB.

Hawghiggs

I've read this board. Athletes only want to play at SEC programs.

presidenthog

If we lose him this will be by far Bret's worst recruiting class. It already is but brown is a legit big time player at a position of need. Our safety play is God awful. Without him it doesn't matter who else we get because we will still be playing the Josh Liddell and Eric Bennetts of the world.

ricepig

Quote from: presidenthog on January 03, 2017, 08:17:15 pm
If we lose him this will be by far Bret's worst recruiting class. It already is but brown is a legit big time player at a position of need. Our safety play is God awful. Without him it doesn't matter who else we get because we will still be playing the Josh Liddell and Eric Bennetts of the world.

You've watched him play?

BentonvilleJeff

Hope he stays a Hog. This is a position of need. We have to have more playmakers on defense.

PorkRinds

There was talk of a qualifying issue. He may be looking for back ups if he doesn't meet SEC requirements.

JackJohnson

Quote from: onebadrubi on January 03, 2017, 06:27:32 pm

All incoming freshman requirements are the same for high school kids in big 12 sec, etc.  it is only different for juco, of which he is not

imtad16

Why do you think this is CBB's worst class?

Athog

Quote from: moto625 on January 03, 2017, 01:15:29 pm
[/quot

Or read Hogville. Nah only the talkers on here!

go hogues

Quote from: Love those Hogs on January 03, 2017, 02:15:07 pm
I'd hate to see him choose somebody else but can't say I blame him for looking around.
Agreed.
Quote from: Leadbelly on September 24, 2019, 09:05:22 pm<br />Dude, our back has been against the wall so long, we are now on the other side of the wall!<br />

presidenthog

Quote from: imtad16 on January 03, 2017, 08:48:42 pm
Why do you think this is CBB's worst class?
You know before we got the juco WR to commit I really felt this was his worst. I don't count the 2013 really but even then that class had kirkland, austin, Henry, and Collins.

We need big time DE's. We need a big time safety, our Linemen are not highly recruited to say the least. Brown fills one of those needs. If we finish with chevin and others I'll have a different opinion on this class but for now I see alot of guys who are developmental guys and I wouldn't say this class has very much star power at this point.

Peter Porker

He probably follows some hogville folks on twitter and saw the #firebielema hashtag...or he just comes here.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

hogdiggity

Quote from: Showtimehog on January 03, 2017, 03:09:11 pm

Much bigger threats than you know.  I will be surprised if he sticks with the Hogs.

RaisinHog

I think if his grades permit he will be a hog .. I live close to ashdown and there has been grumblings about his ACT score for a while

hogcard1964

How is this his worst?  I thought we were "improving"?  I thought Rivals had us at or near 21-22 and 247 had us at or near 29?

colbs

Quote from: hogdiggity on January 04, 2017, 07:51:39 am
Much bigger threats than you know.  I will be surprised if he sticks with the Hogs.
I have a feeling you have no inside info but you post as if it's a fact.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hogcard1964 on January 04, 2017, 08:55:31 am
How is this his worst?  I thought we were "improving"?  I thought Rivals had us at or near 21-22 and 247 had us at or near 29?

Composite score is around 22 right now.

Pork Twain

You think so, or is it so?  Looks like our average class under CBB to me.
#22 0x5* 4x4* 17x3*
#23 1x5* 5x4* 16x3*
#23 0x5* 7x4* 18x3*
#29 0x5* 4x4* 20x3*
#23 0x5* 4x4* 18x3*
"It is better to be an optimist and proven wrong, than a pessimist and proven right." ~Pork Twain

https://www.facebook.com/groups/sweetmemes/

ricepig

Quote from: hogdiggity on January 04, 2017, 07:51:39 am

He was planning on taking those visits, only thing not known were the dates, until lately.

colbs

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2017, 09:59:50 am
He was planning on taking those visits, only thing not known were the dates, until lately.
Well then it still looks like nothing will change and he will sign with the hogs. 

3kgthog

Pretend you aren't a diehard Hog fan. Would you come here if your DC might get fired as the program is flying with two blown engines and no Sully or Hudson River to save it?

colbs

Quote from: 3kgthog on January 04, 2017, 10:35:41 am
Pretend you aren't a diehard Hog fan. Would you come here if your DC might get fired as the program is flying with two blown engines and no Sully or Hudson River to save it?
I hope recruits don't read this board.  Because some of you do your best to put reasons why players shouldn't come here then b**** when they don't.  If there is a change at DC then it will probably be an upgrade.  Plus when you get better players that team gets better.

King Kong

Recruits do it all the time. Why? I don't know

ricepig

Pretend you don't hate the coach and administration and leave the whining out of the recruiting forum.

hogdiggity

Quote from: ricepig on January 04, 2017, 09:59:50 am

there is more to it than this. 

ricepig

Tusks

I see nothing positive when the a 4* player from the state, that's already committed, visits other schools.  They are close to home so he's looking, not taking trips for fun, there's NOTHING fun in Stillwater.
sometimes it's a good and some times it's a schit