Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kyrie Fisher signing his FAA tomorrow with the Hogs

Started by ricepig, December 18, 2016, 04:45:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 19, 2016, 07:28:00 pm
I can't see why we wouldn't take both. We need defenders.

I don't think we turn down either, obviously not fisher now though.  I'm betting this staff wants both but is glad to secure at least one.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

HoggusMaximus

This guy tackles hard. It'll be good to have him in the rotation.

code red

Quote from: HoggusMaximus on December 20, 2016, 12:07:58 am
This guy tackles hard. It'll be good to have him in the rotation.
At this point anyone who attempts to tackle is improvement.
"If what you did yesterday seems big, you haven't done anything today."  Dr. Lou

carolinahogger

Quote from: code red on December 20, 2016, 06:13:55 am
At this point anyone who attempts to tackle is improvement.

Yep.  I'll settle for anyone who can grab a handful of jersey and hold on for a while.

JackJohnson

Quote from: Hollywood870 on December 19, 2016, 07:28:00 pm
I can't see why we wouldn't take both. We need defenders.

after fielding historically bad defenses consecutive years it would be beyond foolish to not take any talented defender we can get

tusksincolorado

Screw it! I'm an old angry male, live with it!

HOGINTENNESSEE

PeabodyHawg

Great pickup.

We need to keep a presence within the Union, Jenks, Broken Arrow ranks.

A lot of good well coached talent comes out of those schools every year.

redleg

Now the question is ..... does CBB keep Robb Smith, or will he fire RS and promote Paul Rhodes, or does CBB hire a new DC? All of the talent in the world will be for naught if the position coach sucks.
:razorback:
If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: redleg on December 28, 2016, 01:40:32 pm
Now the question is ..... does CBB keep Robb Smith, or will he fire RS and promote Paul Rhodes, or does CBB hire a new DC? All of the talent in the world will be for naught if the position coach sucks.
:razorback:

Smith isn't getting fired.  Segrest could be invited to leave, though.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

parallaxpig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 28, 2016, 01:46:47 pm
Smith isn't getting fired.  Segrest could be invited to leave, though.

Nobody has gotten fired, but sure has been a lot of assistants leave.............
noun: parallax<br />the effect whereby the position or direction of an object appears to differ when viewed from different positions,

imtad16

Will Robb Smith's exit cause Kyrie Fisher to try and go back to Minn?

Oklahawg

Quote from: imtad16 on January 09, 2017, 01:20:36 pm

Would be tough but possible. An LOI is an LOI unless you are Baylor and a criminal investigation begins between signing day and the first day of classes.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Quote from: Oklahawg on January 09, 2017, 01:47:39 pm
Would be tough but possible. An LOI is an LOI unless you are Baylor and a criminal investigation begins between signing day and the first day of classes.

He hasn't signed a LOI, he's signed a FAA. It's very easy to get out of those, you just don't show up. It will penalize Arkansas if he doesn't come, if we have made any public announcement about him.

outlawhogeywells

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2017, 02:00:17 pm
He hasn't signed a LOI, he's signed a FAA. It's very easy to get out of those, you just don't show up. It will penalize Arkansas if he doesn't come, if we have made any public announcement about him.
Minn made changes to their staff also, so maybe that helps

factchecker

Quote from: imtad16 on January 09, 2017, 01:20:36 pm

Something to consider.

Early enroll recruits report later this week.... either Friday or Saturday.
WORK FOR IT
PLAN ON IT
EARN IT
OMAHOGS

PorkRinds

MN lost their entire staff and we are just losing a DC. But Fleck is a darn good coCh. We will see how it plays out but I bet he's headed here.

Oklahawg

Quote from: ricepig on January 09, 2017, 02:00:17 pm

I wasn't sure how that worked. FAA's are different than LOI's, that's for sure.

We have known this was coming for a long time - we should have the next DC in place soon enough to calm the early enrollees and get them on campus in a timely manner.

We shall see, of course.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

ricepig

Tarheelhawg

Now that sounds like a linebacker !  Love it .  WPS!!!

CFB_Fanatic

Does this kid have a highlight video anywhere? What is his ranking? Just curious. TIA