Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Kyrie Fisher signing his FAA tomorrow with the Hogs

Started by ricepig, December 18, 2016, 04:45:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

December 18, 2016, 04:45:45 pm Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 02:41:27 pm by ricepig
At 2pm tomorrow, but where to? Arkansas.  :razorback:

Earth Hog Fan

247 Crystal Ball says the Texas Longhorns..
I had never heard of Musselman. But he's a teacher, demands discipline and builds from the defensive end first. I want our football coach to be just like him."

ricepig

Quote from: Earth Hog Fan on December 18, 2016, 04:57:54 pm
247 Crystal Ball says the Texas Longhorns..

He doesn't have an offer according to some guru's, or 247 for that matter.

Earth Hog Fan

I just noticed that and you are so right, maybe we have a chance for him after-all?
Time will tell, GO HOGS   :razorback:   :razorback:
I had never heard of Musselman. But he's a teacher, demands discipline and builds from the defensive end first. I want our football coach to be just like him."

lakecityhog

RazorPiggie

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 18, 2016, 06:16:32 pm
Minnesota

Probably means we backed off, because there's a bigger fish on the line.
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

Genesis 3:15

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 18, 2016, 06:25:22 pm
Yikes.

Who knows what a kid will do, but he's been committed to Minnesota since May, and has taken official visits to Arkansas and Texas in the last month, and gotten an offer from Michigan State at the end of November. It would seem to be between us and Minnesota, and you would think mama wouldn't be too eager to send her baby to Minnesota right now with their recent controversy.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Hugo Bezdek on December 18, 2016, 06:38:13 pm
Who knows what a kid will do, but he's been committed to Minnesota since May, and has taken official visits to Arkansas and Texas in the last month, and gotten an offer from Michigan State at the end of November. It would seem to be between us and Minnesota, and you would think mama wouldn't be too eager to send her baby to Minnesota right now with their recent controversy.

Didn't he recently come out and reaffirm his commitment to MN?  Or something along those lines?
I will put enmity between you and the woman, and between your offspring and her offspring; he shall bruise your head, and you shall bruise his heal.

fullfan

If Johnston is solid to Iowa maybe Fisher comes back in play.   Time will tell.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: fullfan on December 18, 2016, 06:46:10 pm
If Johnston is solid to Iowa maybe Fisher comes back in play.   Time will tell.

Is he actually committed or just a heavy lean?

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 18, 2016, 06:41:56 pm
Didn't he recently come out and reaffirm his commitment to MN?  Or something along those lines?

Yeah, before he went to Texas on an official visit, and I think before the Minnesota players threatened to boycott their bowl game.

Potosihog

All the recent picks are for the shorthorns

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Potosihog on December 18, 2016, 06:54:42 pm

Point being, he's very likely not coming to Fayetteville.  The consensus is Johnston is probably headed to IA.  If so, who's next?

Hugo Bezdek

Quote from: Potosihog on December 18, 2016, 06:54:42 pm

I guess that depends on whether he has an offer from Texas. Some reporting he doesn't.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 18, 2016, 06:57:03 pm
Point being, he's very likely not coming to Fayetteville.  The consensus is Johnston is probably headed to IA.  If so, who's next?

RD likes our chances on Fisher, whatever that's worth.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: ricepig on December 18, 2016, 07:09:07 pm
RD likes our chances on Fisher, whatever that's worth.

Would be a nice pickup, but RD always likes our chances...whenever he actually opines.  It just means we have a chance.  Need another SEC caliber LB, so maybe Fisher is it.  Usually, however, when there's virtually no info coming out for us just before a commit of signature, it's not good for us.

ricepig

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 18, 2016, 07:12:29 pm
Would be a nice pickup, but RD always likes our chances...whenever he actually opines.  It just means we have a chance.  Need another SEC caliber LB, so maybe Fisher is it.  Usually, however, when there's virtually no info coming out for us just before a commit of signature, it's not good for us.

Dudley is driving over for it, fwiw, lol.

Oklahawg

It was my understanding that...

1. Loved MN and committed
2. warmed up to UA and early playing time
3. something happened and he reconfirmed his commit to MN
4. TX made a late overture and he visited
5. MN players threaten boycott of bowl game amid controversy + weather this week?

Not sure on #5 obviously.

He would look good at UA in the 3-4.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 18, 2016, 07:39:10 pm
It was my understanding that...

1. Loved MN and committed
2. warmed up to UA and early playing time
3. something happened and he reconfirmed his commit to MN
4. TX made a late overture and he visited
5. MN players threaten boycott of bowl game amid controversy + weather this week?

Not sure on #5 obviously.

He would look good at UA in the 3-4.

So what are you implying with #3? 

Oklahawg

Quote from: Bubba's Bruisers on December 18, 2016, 07:42:27 pm
So what are you implying with #3? 

Sorry, not meaning to be obtuse. The speculation here was that he was flipping to UA. Then, suddenly UA cooled and the mentions were for MN as a "reconfirmation." The Michigan State offer was out of left field and the late overture by Texas a surprise as well. Oklahoma press did not mention UA in all of this, until this weekend's mention of his FAA ceremony and suddenly we are in the thick of it again. That he is thought to be considering schools besides MN is a good thing, methinks, but (like Woods) all things equal go with the school holding the long-term public commit.

I saw him play live once and on TV for the state championship game. He is the real deal. Runs like a LB, frame and hands to play DE. Seems perfect for our flirtation with the 3-4.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: Oklahawg on December 18, 2016, 07:52:58 pm
Sorry, not meaning to be obtuse. The speculation here was that he was flipping to UA. Then, suddenly UA cooled and the mentions were for MN as a "reconfirmation." The Michigan State offer was out of left field and the late overture by Texas a surprise as well. Oklahoma press did not mention UA in all of this, until this weekend's mention of his FAA ceremony and suddenly we are in the thick of it again. That he is thought to be considering schools besides MN is a good thing, methinks, but (like Woods) all things equal go with the school holding the long-term public commit.

I saw him play live once and on TV for the state championship game. He is the real deal. Runs like a LB, frame and hands to play DE. Seems perfect for our flirtation with the 3-4.

Wonder why we would have cooled, if we did.

The Great Hambino

Apparently a recruit was also involved in the MN alleged assault. I wouldn't let my kid go there.

Bubba's Bruisers

Quote from: The Great Hambino on December 18, 2016, 08:00:46 pm
Apparently a recruit was also involved in the MN alleged assault. I wouldn't let my kid go there.

Yeah, this whole deal at MN would certainly be enough to turn off some kids.

hawginbigd1

This doesn't seem like the sort of deal CBB would be involved in, I would be very surprised if his FAA had any thing to do with us.

lefty08

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 18, 2016, 11:32:20 pm
This doesn't seem like the sort of deal CBB would be involved in, I would be very surprised if his FAA had any thing to do with us.

What?
Re: So far the UC press conference is hilarious   Reply
Losing gracefully isn't taught in second-tier programs. See Arkansas, Cincinnati, et al.
3/21 8:11 PM | IP: Logged

buldozer

Hoot72

Danny West said that he was driving over for the announcement, and that he hates to drive!

colbs

I'm thinking Arkansas is looking pretty good. 

King Kong

Considering he just started following Kurt Anderson, Brandon Martin, Troy James and Barkley on Twitter.

I think it's us.

MS_HogFan

The Minnesota insider just changed his pick to Arkansas.
SOOIE

RazorPiggie

Quote from: hawginbigd1 on December 18, 2016, 11:32:20 pm

Zero Since.

And yes I misused the word because it makes about as much sense as your post.

PorkRinds

I'm hoping the fiasco at MN has pushed us into the lead!

King Kong

Quote from: RazorPiggie on December 19, 2016, 09:05:06 am
Zero Since.

And yes I misused the word because it makes about as much sense as your post.

Lol

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: PorkRinds on December 19, 2016, 09:09:07 am
I'm hoping the fiasco at MN has pushed us into the lead!

Read that he is concerned with uncertainty with the coaching situation at MN, and he doesn't have a Texas offer.  That leaves Arkansas apparently

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 19, 2016, 09:26:30 am
Read that he is concerned with uncertainty with the coaching situation at MN, and he doesn't have a Texas offer.  That leaves Arkansas apparently
Or Michigan St.......he could always wait until Feb, too, so don't poo poo every potential signee

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2016, 09:30:08 am
Or Michigan St.......he could always wait until Feb, too, so don't poo poo every potential signee

just posting what I read...take it as you will...

Bubba's Bruisers

I think Fisher would be a solid pickup.  Would probably end our LB recruiting...assuming Johnston is out.

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 19, 2016, 09:38:17 am
just posting what I read...take it as you will...

Well, you left off Mich St which was in his final three, I read the same.

secneahog

We need this kid in a bad way.
He will fit in perfect with our 3-4.

Kid is a stud.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

rljjr

So basically, like normal, nobody knows squat. I kind of like it that way. It's like Christmas morning. Oh sure, I THINK I know what I'm getting based on things I have overheard, but I'm never really sure until I open the package. Sometimes it's a coveted 4 or 5-star gift. Other times it's a walkon that I give an enthusiastic "thank you!"

secneahog

Just picked up another crystal prediction.

I mean,  who would know ?   This is a message board,  what do you expect ?  👀
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

colbs

Quote from: rljjr on December 19, 2016, 10:38:59 am
So basically, like normal, nobody knows squat. I kind of like it that way. It's like Christmas morning. Oh sure, I THINK I know what I'm getting based on things I have overheard, but I'm never really sure until I open the package. Sometimes it's a coveted 4 or 5-star gift. Other times it's a walkon that I give an enthusiastic "thank you!"
All signs point to Arkansas but we will see.

ricepig

Squat?? We know squadoosh, except some have said they like our chances.

OnTheHillHogFan

All of the Arkansas writers are saying it's us and two 247 Minnesota writers flipped their predictions to us
Quote from: JaketheSnake on November 07, 2012, 10:28:17 am
Shoot the Obama deer... the ones that come for the free corn.
Quote from: ReddieHawg on November 06, 2013, 09:38:24 am
Do you happen to have any rapping skills? I think we could set you up with DJ Khaled and you could make a song entitled, "All I Do Is Bitch"

Oklahawg

I hear ya! But, unlike Woods who committed to a Top 10 team (Michigan) that is on a roll with a charismatic coach Minnesota is a middle-of-the-conference school (Arkansas could check that box too, I suppose) with a couple of scandals (not just the assault but the player's attempted/failed boycott). If he signs with MN it would be a surprise at this point.

Texas still worries me - does Herman keep his cool and wait for his "bigger fish"?

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: ricepig on December 19, 2016, 10:26:38 am
Well, you left off Mich St which was in his final three, I read the same.

nope, what I read basically mentioned MSU in passing...just a late offer...Minnesota has scared him off, Texas hasn't offered (but if they did, he'd likely go there) so that leaves Arkansas as the likely destination...that's the article in a nutshell..heck, it's a free article on 24/7 so feel free to go read it...

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on December 19, 2016, 11:05:00 am
nope, what I read basically mentioned MSU in passing...just a late offer...Minnesota has scared him off, Texas hasn't offered (but if they did, he'd likely go there) so that leaves Arkansas as the likely destination...that's the article in a nutshell..heck, it's a free article on 24/7 so feel free to go read it...

Ok, we're just settlers......

The_Boot_stops_here