Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Malzahn and Muschamp ??

Started by Razoryak, August 28, 2015, 11:08:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Razoryak

Does anyone else find it strange that Gus, who is a self proclaimed Christian/Sunday school teacher type, brought in a cussing, screaming lunatic like WM to run his defense? Is it just a case of win at all costs, or is he trying to witness to him? (insert sarcasm)
Woo Pig

Arkansas Fan

Gus doesn't care if Muschamp says every cuss word known to man. All Gu$ wants is to not keep having a worse season after the one before.

Mitch C

Have you seen Gus's wife in action?  I sure he is used to being around colorful people.

Coondog Hog

I don't like Gus either, but the op is lame.
'The trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.'
  - Ronald Reagan

'If we ever forget that we're one nation under God, then we will be a nation gone under.' -
-Ronald Reagan
Quote from: mmhogs17 on March 08, 2011, 11:02:18 pm
I've had alot of things in and out of my butt, but never Monkeys..

presidenthog

NuttinItUp

He could have told him to tone it down on the cussing. Who knows.

SamBuckhart

Opposites are attracted to each other. Hoping that the odd couple implodes.
BE TRUE TO YOUR SCHOOL. THE UNIVERSITY OF ARKANSAS!!!  WOOO PIG!!!

zane

Quote from: SamBuckhart on August 29, 2015, 07:07:39 am
Opposites are attracted to each other. Hoping that the odd couple implodes.

When those 2 egos clash- it won't be pretty
RIP LSUfan

HogPharmer

Maybe he could bring Petrino in as OC and they can really have a party
Quote from: WorfHog on April 05, 2019, 11:26:00 pmRemember when Auburn dog piled AND THEY LOST!
Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on June 07, 2022, 01:57:05 pmRuscin needs a big one- Michael Carter has been our best player- or second best at worst- lately.
Quote from: PorkSoda on August 21, 2019, 02:19:03 pmwe can't be terrible forever.
Quote from: The OTR on December 01, 2018, 09:43:29 amGonna start reward season with an important one.
Hogpharmer.  There will be no vote.  He rid us of hoginmemphis, otherwise known as gomerbullinmemphis, and no one else can match that accomplishment in our lifetime.

arlhog

I'm not a muschamp fan, but i've heard more than a few sunday school teachers that could make a sailor blush.  Gus jsut got the what he thought was the best d.c. he could get.  That's his job as head coach.

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

jdelo77

He wants to win so he can keep his job, it's that simple ! I don't think muschamp is going to work miracles next year but I bet there defense is fundamentally solid ...

Choctaw Hog

Quote from: Razoryak on August 28, 2015, 11:08:58 pm
Does anyone else find it strange that Gus, who is a self proclaimed Christian/Sunday school teacher type, brought in a cussing, screaming lunatic like WM to run his defense? Is it just a case of win at all costs, or is he trying to witness to him? (insert sarcasm)

Sometimes people and things aren't as they seem, especially when it comes to St. Gus the Pius.

razorsharptusk

Maybe Gus is buying into Nutt's "We're in the people helping business" philosophy....
GO HOGS!!

codeHog

if Auburn loses a bit....Auburn fans might want Gus gone in favor of their fiery DC

Hoggish1

Quote from: arlhog on August 29, 2015, 08:42:54 am
I'm not a muschamp fan, but i've heard more than a few sunday school teachers that could make a sailor blush.  Gus jsut got the what he thought was the best d.c. he could get.  That's his job as head coach.

It's not going be a match made in heaven when WM has his group on the field too long in games.  The sparks will fly.

Paul

Quote from: zane on August 29, 2015, 08:06:58 am
When those 2 egos clash- it won't be pretty
you're right & I can't wait to see that happen

GuvHog

Quote from: HogPharmer on August 29, 2015, 08:24:31 am

I know you're just being tongue and cheek (sarcastic) there, but that would be a disaster for the Hogs. Bobby had serious off of the field problems but he is an offensive genius.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

scruf

Quote from: Razoryak on August 28, 2015, 11:08:58 pm
Gary Ridgway killed as many as 60 women, making him the most prolific serial killer in US history. He was a devout Christian and used to proselyte door to door for the Pentecostal church. Gus being a Christian, or any coach for that matter, has nothing to do with anything just like a serial killer being Christian has nothing to do with anything.

It never has. It never will.

Choctaw Hog

Ridgeway claiming to be a Christain didn't make him one. Satan belives in Jesus too but that doesn't make him a Christain.

southeasthog

Quote from: GuvHog on August 29, 2015, 10:40:07 am
I know you're just being tongue and cheek (sarcastic) there, but that would be a disaster for the Hogs. Bobby had serious off of the field problems but he is an offensive genius.
Wrong. Chavez going to A&M is a disaster for the Hogs. Gus going to Auburn is a disaster for the Hogs. Petrino going to Auburn would be a disaster for the Hogs. Some of you need to put your big boy pants on and realize that we are becoming a program to be reckoned with now.

SPAL

OP is an absolute disaster. You need inspector gadget arms to fully grasp the reach in this one.

Swineasaur

"Well Will I know you are a great DC and my defense is a disaster, but I just can't hire you because you drop f bombs. I'm sorry but it's a no." Lol WTH is this they are grown arse men.

Torqued pork

I'm sure no coach at any Christian school ever uses profanity.

HawgLife4Eva

Well, their names are very alliterative, anyway.

jbcarol

https://twitter.com/aldotcomSports/status/638463906957164545

QuoteMuschamp has remained steadfast this summer that there is no statistic he cares about more than wins and no specific metric he cites as leading to that end result, whether it be 3-0 or 41-40. No. 6 Auburn remains a 10.5-point favorite over Louisville in the Chick-fil-A Kickoff Game.

"There is no barometer we're looking for," Muschamp said. "Let's just do what we need to do to win the game. I think any coach would say the same thing. Let's just do what we need to do to win the game and that's what we need to do."
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

James Crepea ‏@JamesCrepea 16h16 hours ago

James Crepea retweeted Angela Hutchens

No Gus tonight. Will Muschamp should be at the bottom of the hour

James Crepea ‏@JamesCrepea 12h12 hours ago

Through first 2 games, Auburn defense has many of same issues as 2014
http://bit.ly/1LbuzeQ 

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: HogPharmer on August 29, 2015, 08:24:31 am

Bobby P. would win that battle.  He would run over both of them with a Harley, & pretend it was just another ditch.....
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

Buff

Does Muschamp have a hot wife that Bobby could set his sights on?

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello  9m9 minutes ago
Auburn's historically-bad stretch on defense continues. The story: http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/09/auburn_historically-bad_stretch_defense_continues.html ...

BPsTheMan

after three games, Auburn's offense is ranked 113th in the nation out of 127

Heisman candidate Jeremy Johnson getting it done yall

jackflash

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: Harry Rex Vonner on September 20, 2015, 10:16:33 pm
after three games, Auburn's offense is ranked 113th in the nation out of 127

Heisman candidate Jeremy Johnson getting it done yall

........and no quality wins yet.  8)

mweston

Quote from: NoNC4Tubs on September 21, 2015, 12:18:27 pm
........and no quality wins yet.  8)

So in this horrible season of ours I guess we can say thank God for Auburn?

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: mweston on September 21, 2015, 04:17:33 pm
So in this horrible season of ours I guess we can say thank God for Auburn?

Yep!

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello 4h4 hours ago

There are some effort issues? "I would say it's isolated." http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/09/live_updates_auburns_gus_malza_13.html ...

QuoteAuburn head coach Gus Malzahn addresses the loss to LSU and Saturday's game with Mississippi State.

Is there an effort problem? "There were some individual things that were addressed by the coaches. I would say it's isolated."

jbcarol

Wesley Sinor ‏@WesleySinor 16h16 hours ago

Auburn DB 'moving forward' after being trucked by LSU's Fournette http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/09/blake_countess.html ...

Quote"You have to be very critical," Countess said when asked about his team's defensive performance. "We didn't play well at all. We watched the film and put that behind us and we know what we have to do to get better... It was very disappointing, the amount of yards that we did give up."

Auburn's defense is allowing 421.5 yards per game this season -- 199.5 yards on the ground and 222 through the air. Countess, who transferred to the Plains for his final season of eligibility, says the first three games are "behind" Auburn, which is hoping for better results this weekend against Mississippi State.

"This is really where you see what type of leadership you have on the defense and what type of leadership you have on the team," he said. "How we're going to bounce back. This game is as important as any game this season, just because of what happened last week."

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 11h11 hours ago

'We are changing the culture,' says Auburn's Will Muschamp: http://ow.ly/SB3pD 

Quote* "We are changing the culture... We have to practice better, we have to prepare better, we have to play better."

* Muschamp was indirectly asked about Rudy Ford's effort against Leonard Fournette Saturday: "That one play was not indicative of what we want to do."

* On DE Carl Lawson's injury: "It's frustrating... To see the frustration he and his family is going through, that's what hurts as a coach... You hurt for the young man."

* On Mississippi State: "They're well tied together in the run game and pass game... they do a good job and they're a hard-nosed football team."

* "I'm in this for the long haul... I'm excited about these guys. We have to do a better job of coaching these guys."

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello  8m8 minutes ago
. @aldotcom's Instant Analysis: Auburn offense a no-show in loss to Mississippi State: http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/09/alcoms_instant_analysis_auburn_2.html ...

QuoteGus Malzahn's vaunted offense is now one of the worst in the SEC. There's no other way to describe it.

Malzahn's offense was held without a touchdown for the first time in three years, when his Arkansas State team failed to score in a 45-13 loss at Nebraska on Sept. 25, 2012. The touchdown-less game was also Malzahn's first as a coordinator or head coach in his six years on the Plains.

Auburn definitely tried several different things on offense, but penalties and negative plays impleded the attack as Manny Diaz' defense collapsed in tight spaces. Meanwhile, the debut of Sean White was not memorable. Malzahn rarely allowed him to throw down field as his longest pass resulted in 22 yards.

jbcarol

Brandon Marcello ‏@bmarcello  28m28 minutes ago
Why the slow tempo? "We had our pace and then we slowed some things. We had different tempos tonight." http://www.al.com/auburnfootball

jbcarol

James Crepea ‏@JamesCrepea 10h10 hours ago

Gus Malzahn: "Our defense did good enough to win - they fought."
http://bit.ly/1FqC5lw

QuoteMalzahn: "I think the story of the game is we were in the red zone four times and we got six points."

NoNC4Tubs

September 27, 2015, 09:29:46 am #41 Last Edit: October 05, 2015, 07:37:13 am by NoNC4Tubs
Quote from: jbcarol on September 26, 2015, 09:55:17 pm

Gus Malzahn's vaunted offense is now one of the worst in the SEC. There's no other way to describe it.

Malzahn's offense was held without a touchdown for the first time in three years, when his Arkansas State team failed to score in a 45-13 loss at Nebraska on Sept. 25, 2012. The touchdown-less game was also Malzahn's first as a coordinator or head coach in his six years on the Plains.

Actually, it was his second. Alabama shut Malzahn's offense out in 2011.... 8)

Inhogswetrust

Quote from: GuvHog on August 29, 2015, 10:40:07 am

Maybe he meant the other Petrino............he will probably be available soon.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 8m8 minutes ago

#Auburn beat writers: Where is the Tigers' fast paced offense? http://ow.ly/SUntT  #ALCFB

QuoteJames Crepea and Brandon Marcello discuss the absence of head coach Gus Malzahn's Hurry Up No Huddle offense so far this season and suggest substitutions might be what is slowing Auburn down.

Maybe the DC has hand.

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports 43m43 minutes ago

No offense - #Auburn worst in #SEC on first down. http://ow.ly/SXizb

QuoteMalzhan laments "negative plays," which were rarely an issue in his first two seasons as head coach on the Plains.

"The first-and-15s, the second-and-18s," Malzahn said, "we need to stay ahead of the chains."

A major cause for why Auburn is spinning its wheels is its lack of production on first downs, where its 4.64 yards per play is last in the SEC and down a conference-worst 1.68 yards and 26.53 percent from a year ago.

Malzahn called improvement on first downs "one of our main focuses" this week as Auburn (2-2, 0-2 SEC) tries to stop a two-game skid when it welcomes three-touchdown underdog San Jose State back to Jordan-Hare...

jbcarol

Tom Green ‏@AUBlog  39m39 minutes ago
Auburn's defense a mixed bag against SJSU   http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/article_88810a80-6a33-11e5-a743-c37847d8a5b2.html ...

Malzahn: "We're hoping we'll get (Carl Lawson) back before the end of the season."

QuoteTigers forced a season-high four turnovers in a 35-21 homecoming win against San Jose State, but for the fourth time this year the defense surrendered more than 400 yards of offense.

"As a player, it's frustrating, especially as a senior because you want to be pretty good and great when you leave your last year," Cassanova McKinzy said. "You want to go out with a bang, but our motto is we want to get better every week. In some areas I feel like we got better, but in the run we were kind of real hesitant."

That much was evident against the Spartans, who moved the ball with relative ease against the Tigers thanks largely to the legs of running back Tyler Ervin. The versatile fifth-year senior rushed for a game-high 160 yards against Auburn, including a late touchdown that made it a one-score game in the final minutes.

Ervin, who last week rushed for 300 yards against Fresno State, is just the latest opponent to give Auburn fits in the run game...

jbcarol

Tom Green ‏@AUBlog  60m60 minutes ago
Lashlee: "We're not a big stat machine right now. I don't think that a secret to anyone" (sic)

jbcarol

Tom Green ‏@AUBlog 18h18 hours ago

'All positions' open for competition during Auburn's bye week http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/article_6dcd3bde-6c98-11e5-8c12-7f29fb11c505.html ...

Quote"Right now this week, we decided all positions have opened up with competition," Malzahn said Tuesday during his weekly press conference. "We really think that's good, especially in an off week. We're just letting them play."

Malzahn on Byron Cowart: "Will has brought him along. He's done some things and definitely shown some improvement."

NoNC4Tubs

Quote from: jbcarol on October 07, 2015, 02:53:05 pm
Tom Green ‏@AUBlog 18h18 hours ago

'All positions' open for competition during Auburn's bye week http://www.oanow.com/sports/college/auburn/football/article_6dcd3bde-6c98-11e5-8c12-7f29fb11c505.html ...

Malzahn on Byron Cowart: "Will has brought him along. He's done some things and definitely shown some improvement."

Decoded: "He has been paid a lot of money, we need to get a return on our investment........."  8)

jbcarol

AL.com sports ‏@aldotcomSports  2h2 hours ago
Statistically speaking: Auburn in bottom 10 of Power 5 in multiple defensive metrics after bye week: http://ow.ly/TgZUh  #ALCFB