Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Trading Trump

Started by HawgWild, December 11, 2016, 08:06:42 am

Previous topic - Next topic

HawgWild

December 11, 2016, 08:06:42 am Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 12:05:26 pm by HawgWild
Lots of business experience joining the incoming President's staff. Do you think their former companies will benefit by their voices and actions in their new positions? I was wondering if anyone is going to put together a mutual fund of companies to take advantage of these relationships. If so, what would the fund be called? Would you be a buyer?

Trump Appointments
Linda McMahon, Small Business Administration – WWE
Betsy DeVos, Secretary of Education, AMWAY (not a public company)
Elaine Chao, Transportation Secretary, WFC (Board of Directors)
Wilbur Ross, Secretary of Commerce – International  Automotive Components Group (IAC), International Textile Group, Zapata Corp., Oxford Automotive, Safety Components International, International Coal Group (ICG), etc.
Steven Mnuchin – Dune Capitol Management (Financials)
Todd Ricketts, Deputy Secretary of Commerce –Ameritrade
Andrew Puzder, Labor Secretary – CKE
Rex Tillerson, Secretary of State – XOM
Rick Perry, DOE - ETP
Carl Ichan, Special Advisor on Regulatory Issues - AIG, CVRR, NAV, PYPL, XRX, HLF, LNG, AGN, HTZ, FEMOW, FCX

HawgWild

Anyone betting against the Trump train? I'm not hearing any love for China and we're much more intertwined with them financially than Russia. APPL, F, GM, YUM SBUX, WMT are all heavily invested in China. If we hit China with trade sanctions wouldn't these companies stand to suffer as a result?

Back to Russia, I saw where Vaneck Russia ETF (RSX) is up almost 19% for the month.

BigBrandonAllenFan

Putin is a very very very smart person.