Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beth Mowins...

Started by Ex-Trumpet, November 04, 2017, 01:37:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Ex-Trumpet

Is not calling the Hogs' game!

But she is making the aTm/Aubbie game dang near unwatchable.
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

East Clintwood

I really don't understand.  Ranked Auburn team at 6-2 and an Aggie team at 5-3 looks like a much more attractive game than most of the other SEC games this weekend and yet they give it the kiss of death 11 am gametime.

And then, as if that wasn't bad enough. they shackle them with Beth as the announcer.

Damn, that's harsh.

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 04, 2017, 01:37:11 pm

Any game she is calling automatically means a total silence when it comes to audio. Listening her "call" a game is like listening a buzz saw trying to cut steel. Ugly!!!!

elksnort

Why?

Martygit

RIP OTR, REV

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 04, 2017, 01:43:52 pm
I really don't understand.  Ranked Auburn team at 6-2 and an Aggie team at 5-3 looks like a much more attractive game than most of the other SEC games this weekend and yet they give it the kiss of death 11 am gametime.

And then, as if that wasn't bad enough. they shackle them with Beth as the announcer.

Damn, that's harsh.

My wife walked in during one of BM's "moments" and asked who in the world thought that hiring her was a good idea?!?
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: elksnort on November 04, 2017, 01:44:50 pm
Why?

I'm gonna follow your lead and hit the mute button.  I'm sure that's the only way you could ask such a question.

grayhawg

Turned the volume all the way down and turned on the closed caption, much better.

elksnort

She doesn't bother me at all.

longpig

Everybody blames ESPN's woes on media dynamics, stupid Longhorn Network deal, blah, blah, blah.  Beth Mowins is the problem.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Hawgey-Davidson

I would rather take an unmerciful arse kicking than to listen to her. She's bad. Real bad!!

007 License To Squeal

I am so happy she isn't calling our game......like a finger nail on a chalk board......uuuuhhhh.
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

mckinneyhog5

Quote from: mckinneyhog5 on April 07, 2019, 10:29:55 pmGuys, we have hired the BEST coach that we could have hired. Musselman is gonna rock it here like we haven't seen since the early 90's. Just sit back and watch it unfold! We WILL be a nationally recognized program again soon.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: elksnort on November 04, 2017, 01:48:18 pm
I suppose there's actually one advantage of being deaf ;) :) ;D

ImHogginIt

She actually knows her stuff and makes it exciting but I just hate her accent and the way she drags out some of her words. Like fingernails on a chalkboard

The Hawg Marshal

I refuse to listen to her.

Hog Pharm

The color guy isn't much better. He thought Auburn was in the East...

Sed76

That woman's voice is just horrid. Hard to believe someone thought it would be a great idea to subject a viewing audience to 3 hours of it every week.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Hawgey-Davidson on November 04, 2017, 01:50:19 pm
I would rather take an unmerciful arse kicking than to listen to her. She's bad. Real bad!!

I don't think she does a bad job  calling game.  They just need to figure out how to run her voice through a sound processor so it stops sounding like fingernails on a chalkboard**.

**I realize this chalkboard reference will go right over the heads of many of the younger readers.  Trust me, it's a really, really bad sound.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

elksnort

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on November 04, 2017, 01:55:32 pm
I suppose there's actually one advantage of being deaf ;) :) ;D
I hear ya!

hawg1221

My wife saw her on TV earlier and said she looks a little like Reba McEntire. I'm not sure I completely agree.

SPAL

Quote from: elksnort on November 04, 2017, 01:48:18 pm

She doesn't me either. In fact, she is better than her male color counterpart. That dude guess Auburn as the answer to the last eastern team to win the SECCCG.

She isn't bad at all.

Ex-Trumpet

I guess they just hired her because she is eye candy.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: sir-pigs-a-lot on November 04, 2017, 02:11:38 pm
She doesn't me either. In fact, she is better than her male color counterpart. That dude guess Auburn as the answer to the last eastern team to win the SECCCG.

She isn't bad at all.

She's bad.  He's worse.

Wisco Pig

She's a good announcer, but the voice is something I can't get past.   (I feel the same way about Mike Patrick, for example, and I never could stand to listen to Harry Caray.)  She has that morning-drive disc jockey's way of overenunciating everything, and the way she pronounces words like "five" and "nine" just sends me into orbit.

Lady Razorback

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 04, 2017, 02:12:25 pm

I hope not. 

Pigsknuckles

Quote from: elksnort on November 04, 2017, 01:44:50 pm
Why?

Quote from: East Clintwood on November 04, 2017, 02:07:53 pm

I don't think she does a bad job  calling game.  They just need to figure out how to run her voice through a sound processor so it stops sounding like fingernails on a chalkboard**.

**I realize this chalkboard reference will go right over the heads of many of the younger readers.  Trust me, it's a really, really bad sound.

I agree, she is really quite competent. She simply has a husky female voice that sounds like she has her tongue sewn to the roof of her mouth. Think Jodie Foster without the looks.
"the ox is slow, but the Earth is patient"

Drop the Mike

She's got a face for radio

lasthog

Vantage 8 dude

If THAT'S considered "eye candy" then I suggest immediate and emergency retina replacement.  :puke:

HoggyCat

She IS what Ba needed against Arkansas.....

A muff diver.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

ricepig

To me, and isn't a bad announcer, except for her voice, lol..

HoggyCat

Quote from: ricepig on November 04, 2017, 02:42:13 pm
To me, and isn't a bad announcer, except for her voice, lol..

She repeats herself too often. A good announced doesn't need to throw the se facts out.
I'm only responsible for what I say, not how you perceive it.

Cinco de Hogo

Quote from: Hog Pharm on November 04, 2017, 02:05:50 pm
The color guy isn't much better. He thought Auburn was in the East...

It is...

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: HoggyCat on November 04, 2017, 02:42:04 pm
She IS what Ba needed against Arkansas.....

A muff diver.

I'm not a lesbophobe so that doesn't bother me.  She knows her stuff well enough; I just can't stand her voice.

Dark Helmet Hog

Come on guys. Embrace the corporate world of diversity.

sowmonella

It's the voice. Sounds like a chipmunk on helium imitating a 60's DJ.
Not trying to brag or make anyone jealous but I can still fit into the same pair of socks I wore in high school.
Proud member since August 2003

longpig

Mac Brown is just as bad for different reasons.  Put the horns in the crapper and flushed but talks down on the playcalling.
Don't be scared, be smart.

Carl Lazlo

How can someone be a good announcer yet have a terrible sounding voice?  Just doesn't add up.

hoglady

I really don't much like women calling any sporting event.
Our voices just aren't made for it.

Just like Chuck's voice was just made for baseball - Women's voice tone just isn't good no matter how competent they may be.
Inside every "older" person is a younger person wondering what the hell happened?

"Compassion for animals is intimately associated with goodness of character, and it may be confidently asserted that he who is cruel to animals cannot be a good man."
― Arthur Schopenhauer, The Basis of Morality

Torqued pork

I've heard a few high school play-by-play announcers who are almost as bad.

Cinco de Hogo

No it's ESPIN doing whatever it can to drive down SEC ratings because they know they want be able to match the money of our last contract next go round.

CT!

BOAR_N2BWILD

Yuck. That would make Stevie Wonder flinch.
Phil. 4:13 "I can do all things through Him, who gives me strength."

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Karma on November 04, 2017, 03:13:05 pm
I think she's good.
Well goes without saying that for some folks all their taste is in their mouth.