Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Three Takeaways from Victory in Spain

Started by Scott Marshall, August 10, 2016, 05:16:44 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Scott Marshall

The Arkansas men's basketball program started to click on all cylinders Wednesday afternoon, dominating Albacete Basket 91-65 as the Razorbacks continue a 10-day tour of Spain.

1. Adrio Bailey is a freak athlete
The freshman from Campti, Louisiana continues to draw comparisons to Michael Qualls for good reason. Bailey threw down a pair of vicious dunks, including an alley-oop from Anton Beard in the second quarter. He has 10 rebounds in two games and continues to showcase his athleticism in every aspect of his game. It's hard to believe this kid is a freshman. We'll this video be the judge.

2. C.J. Jones provides spark of the bench
Jones is another freshman and another player that is coming along nicely. The freshman from Birmingham, Alabama came off the bench and scored five points in 17 seconds before finishing with a game-high 18 points, including a trio of three-pointers and a breakaway throwdown dunk. We'll let Dusty's analysis of the kid tell the story. "C.J. is raw and athletic with a perfect stroke."

3. The Fastest40 just got faster
Arkansas outscored Albacete Basket 18-0 in fast break points and those points didn't come quietly. Jones and Arlando Cook made that clear in the second half, when they turned a pair of Razorback steals into breakaway rim-shaking dunks on the other end. Arkansas forced 25 turnovers and turned those miscues into 31 points the other way. The bench led the way with 51 of the team's 96 points coming from the reserves.

The Razorbacks will make their way to Valencia tonight, before returning to action Saturday at 2 p.m. CDT against the Barcelona Region All-Stars.

Dwight_K_Shrute

Quote from: Scott Marshall on August 10, 2016, 05:16:44 pm
The Arkansas men's basketball program started to click on all cylinders Wednesday afternoon, dominating Albacete Basket 91-65 as the Razorbacks continue a 10-day tour of Spain.

1. Adrio Bailey is a freak athlete
The freshman from Campti, Louisiana continues to draw comparisons to Michael Qualls for good reason. Bailey threw down a pair of vicious dunks, including an alley-oop from Anton Beard in the second quarter. He has 10 rebounds in two games and continues to showcase his athleticism in every aspect of his game. It’s hard to believe this kid is a freshman. We’ll this video be the judge.

2. C.J. Jones provides spark of the bench
Jones is another freshman and another player that is coming along nicely. The freshman from Birmingham, Alabama came off the bench and scored five points in 17 seconds before finishing with a game-high 18 points, including a trio of three-pointers and a breakaway throwdown dunk. We’ll let Dusty’s analysis of the kid tell the story. “C.J. is raw and athletic with a perfect stroke.”

3. The Fastest40 just got faster
Arkansas outscored Albacete Basket 18-0 in fast break points and those points didn’t come quietly. Jones and Arlando Cook made that clear in the second half, when they turned a pair of Razorback steals into breakaway rim-shaking dunks on the other end. Arkansas forced 25 turnovers and turned those miscues into 31 points the other way. The bench led the way with 51 of the team’s 96 points coming from the reserves.

The Razorbacks will make their way to Valencia tonight, before returning to action Saturday at 2 p.m. CDT against the Barcelona Region All-Stars.

Did you mean to post a link to the video?  Your recap made it sound like you did. Would love to see those dunks.
Little known fact, but prior to settling on Guantanamo, the Pentagon wanted to house terror suspects at War Memorial Stadium.  It was deemed to be cruel and unusual punishment and in violation of the Geneva Convention.

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: Dwight_K_Shrute on August 10, 2016, 05:32:27 pm
Did you mean to post a link to the video?  Your recap made it sound like you did. Would love to see those dunks.
yes, we would!
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

hogwood

On the stat sheet it says the score is 96-61, not 91-65. Which one is right?

It also says Jones had 15, not 18.

gmarv

is bailey a freshman I thought he was a jc recruit?

hogwood

Quote from: gmarv on August 10, 2016, 05:46:57 pm
is bailey a freshman I thought he was a jc recruit?

He is a pure freshman.

gmarv

Quote from: hogwood on August 10, 2016, 05:54:36 pm
He is a pure freshman.
I,m thinking of arlando cook.did he not make it to Fayetteville?

hogwood

Quote from: gmarv on August 10, 2016, 06:04:17 pm
I,m thinking of arlando cook.did he not make it to Fayetteville?

He made it. Contributing nicely in these games so far.

gmarv

Quote from: hogwood on August 10, 2016, 06:07:15 pm
He made it. Contributing nicely in these games so far.
thanks hogwood. I,m having trouble keeping up with all the new guys.

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

HawgnCorona

Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all your getting, get understanding." --   Proverbs 4:7

"Live justly, love mercy and to walk humbly with the Most High."-- Micah 6:8

rzrbackramsfan

So far it seems like every single player is equally as good as the other haha

RealHog

I'm loving the atheticism with a deadly shooting stroke combo. Imagine an Anthlon Bell except taller and can attack the rim. Looks like we may have gotten a steal. I'm really looking forward to seeing what jones, Hazen, Glasper, and Bailey can be long term. The it's crazy well be seeing 8 new faces on the team this year.

TexHog188

Only thing missing in that gym is the chicken wire.
"When you're around people that have been where you're trying to go, they know the answers."  Moses Moody

azhog10

Quote from: RealHog on August 10, 2016, 09:32:33 pm
I'm loving the atheticism with a deadly shooting stroke combo. Imagine an Anthlon Bell except taller and can attack the rim. Looks like we may have gotten a steal. I'm really looking forward to seeing what jones, Hazen, Glasper, and Bailey can be long term. The it's crazy well be seeing 8 new faces on the team this year.
I also get excited thinking about these new freshmen with Gafford, Hall, and Garland.

hogwood

Any highlights besides these few clips?

Hawg Red

Quote from: azhog10 on August 10, 2016, 10:54:45 pm
I also get excited thinking about these new freshmen with Gafford, Hall, and Garland.

A true foundation has been laid extending out to the doorstep of the next decade. Just have to get some good fortune and keep these guys in the program (unless they are so good someone wants to pay them millions to hoop).

elksnort

My wife and I went inside the new basketball complex this afternoon. Let's home the program can get near the level of the niceness of this complex.