Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Add SFA to...

Started by Swinesong1, July 29, 2016, 04:24:53 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Swinesong1

non-con schedule this season.

jbcarol

Jon Rothstein ‏@JonRothstein 38m38 minutes ago

Arkansas will host Stephen F. Austin as part of its 2016-17 non-conference schedule, sources told @CBSSports.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Adam Stokes

I like that it's a home game.  Might be one of those tweener games we lose if we take them on the road early.  They went 23-5 last year, won their conference tournament and was a point away from the Sweet 16.  Not sure who they are gaining and losing, but a nice quality game to add to the schedule.

azhog10

Quote from: Adam Stokes on July 29, 2016, 04:36:36 pm
I like that it's a home game.  Might be one of those tweener games we lose if we take them on the road early.  They went 23-5 last year, won their conference tournament and was a point away from the Sweet 16.  Not sure who they are gaining and losing, but a nice quality game to add to the schedule.
Walkup is gone.

Swinesong1

I think they lost their top three scorers and four of top seven. 

Razorod

Should be a decent non-conference game.
Hoping the Hogs basketball fortunes change for the better this season.

hogwood

Quote from: Swinesong1 on July 29, 2016, 04:42:30 pm
I think they lost their top three scorers and four of top seven.

Plus their coach...

It will be a different team.

alaback

Quote from: azhog10 on July 29, 2016, 04:38:11 pm
Walkup is gone.

Walkup was a heck of a college player with an extremely high basketball IQ. I believe he went Golden State, but I doubt he earns a roster spot.

Hawg Red

Quote from: alaback on July 29, 2016, 09:10:45 pm
Walkup was a heck of a college player with an extremely high basketball IQ. I believe he went Golden State, but I doubt he earns a roster spot.

Only played summer league ball with GS. He's a free agent.

ShadowHawg

Thought I read where SFA lost 4 of their top scorers per 40 minutes. They lost more than just Walkup.

jry04

Quote from: Adam Stokes on July 29, 2016, 04:36:36 pm
Lost 4 of their top 5 players, plus their coach is now at OK St. They are alway a solid team, so I am sure they will be able to have a top 200 RPI, but this is a team we should be 10 out of 10 times next year. Love the schedule so far, though.

okiehawg

This will be very interesting to watch.  Brad Underwood is a heck of a coach.  The entire Big 12 had better be nervous because he may be the guy to get OSU back to a winning tradition.

With SFA now you would have to think that there would be some type of drop off not only with the loss of Underwood but also with all of the other losses. 

On another note the conference they play in has some of the worst gyms.  Look up some of their road Southland conference games on YouTube.

HotlantaHog

Deserves to get a decent crowd, will be a competitive game ...