Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What My Friend In Georgia Is Saying . . .

Started by Totofan, November 07, 2017, 04:38:56 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Totofan

I have a friend who lives in Georgia, but happens to be a Georgia Tech fan, primarily because he is a GTU grad.  He has always respected Arkansas. In fact, he pulls for Arkansas (especially when we play Georgia!). He doesn't take comfort in slamming us.  However, he told me just the other day that SEC fans outside of Arkansas look at us like the Vanderbilt of the West. They see us as soft and a sure win on any given Saturday.  I can honestly say that he is a friend and he's not attempting to belittle me or our fanbase.  He's simply noting how fans outside of Arkansas see our football program. How do I respond? I can't. It's totally embarrassing and frustrating. 

jkstock04

Quote from: Totofan on November 07, 2017, 04:38:56 pm
I have a friend who lives in Georgia, but happens to be a Georgia Tech fan, primarily because he is a GTU grad.  He has always respected Arkansas. In fact, he pulls for Arkansas (especially when we play Georgia!). He doesn't take comfort in slamming us.  However, he told me just the other day that SEC fans outside of Arkansas look at us like the Vanderbilt of the West. They see us as soft and a sure win on any given Saturday.  I can honestly say that he is a friend and he's not attempting to belittle me or our fanbase.  He's simply noting how fans outside of Arkansas see our football program. How do I respond? I can't. It's totally embarrassing and frustrating. 
The Hogs are an easy mark now. You don't have to talk to someone from Georgia to see this. We have Bama and LSU scheduling us for homecoming for crying out loud.

In my opinion, we used to be a middle of the pack SEC program like Mississippi State, South Carolina, even Auburn. No more....now we are at the very bottom with Kentucky and Vanderbilt.

Since 2012 it's been completely miserable...and many people have supported it 100% with the winning is secondary mantra pushed by our AD. Sad sad deal.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

KennyForAD

Well.... HELLO.    We are Vandy.   Look at the records.   

pigz

Quote from: hogsanity on November 07, 2017, 04:42:17 pm
Oh look another "new" poster that created an account in 2012 and has 8 total posts. Posted 3 times the day the account was created and then not again for over 5 years.

Doin that research
You guys have a good time frig dancing

phadedhawg

I've always considered us the University of Phoenix Online of the Western Division. 

Wants2Win

its amazing how losing to everyone, often in embarrassing fashion, puts the program in a negative light.

Piggfoot

People knew about Arkansas when we had Mcfadden, Mallet, Matt Jones, The class of Warren boys, Little Rock boys and other NFL type players. We don't have those players anymore and to my knowledge the state has not produced any since those boys left. We had a good run when Nutt and Petrino was here but I don't give them all the credit, those boys above deserve I believe at least half of the credit.
Hog fan since 1960. So thankful for Sam Pittman.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Wants2Win on November 07, 2017, 04:53:54 pm
its amazing how losing to everyone, often in embarrassing fashion, puts the program in a negative light.

This is the first time I truly miss Karma.  +1 baby.   Beautiful

KennyForAD

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 07, 2017, 04:55:51 pm
People knew about Arkansas when we had Mcfadden, Mallet, Matt Jones, The class of Warren boys, Little Rock boys and other NFL type players. We don't have those players anymore and to my knowledge the state has not produced any since those boys left. We had a good run when Nutt and Petrino was here but I don't give them all the credit, those boys above deserve I believe at least half of the credit.

MAN.... If we had a real coach when Nutt lucked into Shawn Andrews, Matt Jones, Felix, Peyton Hillis, etc, etc, we would have been MIAMI of the 80's,

Bigmac2

Opened this thread hoping he heard Kirby Smart was wanting to coach in the West division.

3dawghawg

Not all of us post a lot even though we have been members of HV for years. Many of the ones who post the most are really clueless about football. Five years is not a troll

Gonzo

Quote from: Piggfoot on November 07, 2017, 04:55:51 pm

The coaches should get the bulk of the credit. As much as I appreciate Hogs, present and past, outside of perhaps McFadden, most of those would have been marginal pro prospects at best had they not played for coaches and systems that maximized their abilities. Coaching very much matters, as does lack of per the last few months.

Go Hogs!

The OTR

hate if that you're embarrassed.  If i were you I'd drop him as a friend right now before it gets any worse!

jgphillips3

Oh look another "new" poster that created an account in 2012 and has 8 total posts. Posted 3 times the day the account was created and then not again for over 5 years. And apparently is such a snowflake that he suffers personal embarrassment due to what 18-22 yr olds do on a football field.

Oh look, another long time poster who is such a snowflake that he is angered by what posters with small post counts post if he doesn't like it. ;)

Dark Helmet Hog

Long has accomplished his goal.

EastTNHog

Oh look another "new" poster that created an account in 2012 and has 8 total posts. Posted 3 times the day the account was created and then not again for over 5 years. And apparently is such a snowflake that he suffers personal embarrassment due to what 18-22 yr olds do on a football field.
whoa...slow down there Speed Racer...

Inhogswetrust

Maybe you should send him a video of "Childs Please"!
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

BallHog1

Maybe man up and tell him if he keeps badmouthing your boys your gonna slap him and take his woman....

Hoginsavga

I grew up in central Arkansas and have been a Hog Fan since the Bowen Wyatt years. Transferred to GA and married a UGA girl. Have two daughters that went to GA Tech and UGA, respectively so I am very conditioned to both sets of fans. What the OP said about GA fans is true in that most pull for the Hogs against other teams.

Yes, as a Hog Fan it gets embarrassing watching the program when we constantly underperform. My friends are generally very kind but sometimes give me some ribbing and I don't blame them.

Before you bring up your usual line about not being embarrassed because I am not on the team it does become embarrassing as a fan. There is a thing called pride in your team and home state.

wachhog

It's even more embarrassing considering that the football team is the ONLY  way in which Arkansas is ever mentioned in the same breath as Vanderbilt.

grassroothog

Quote from: Coop-Hog on November 07, 2017, 05:20:06 pm

So what's the problem with people who choose to be members but not post? I "d suppose your either some popcorn fart size prick or so fat its a struggle to wipe your on arse after all the frito pie that you find accomplishment in going at people on here for  an absolute stupid reason... here is another long time member that don't post, so it should give your lack of football knowledge having ass something to post about and feel tough.  If your not embarrassed for what Arkansas foorball is right now you probably get out of the shower to pee!
Nice post.

phadedhawg

I live in Seattle and I can't say I'm too embarrassed by what the people around here think of Arkansas.  On Monday morning I get a lot of "wow, tough loss this weekend huh"s. 

Porkette

I assume that "SEC fans outside of Arkansas" seeing us as a sure win does not include Ole Miss fans  ;)

But no, random guy in Georgia is not breaking any news that we are one of the worst teams in the SEC right now. We haven't been bad forever and (hopefully!) won't be bad forever.
GO HOGS GO!

OneTuskOverTheLine™

Quote from: Coop-Hog on November 07, 2017, 05:20:06 pm

So what's the problem with people who choose to be members but not post? I "d suppose your either some popcorn fart size prick or so fat its a struggle to wipe your on arse after all the frito pie that you find accomplishment in going at people on here for  an absolute stupid reason... here is another long time member that don't post, so it should give your lack of football knowledge having ass something to post about and feel tough. If your not embarrassed for what Arkansas foorball is right now you probably get out of the shower to pee!

Sooo Sad, true and funny at the same time. That's too much post to take in real fast...
Quote from: capehog on March 12, 2010...
My ex wife had a pet monkey I used to play with. That was one of the few things I liked about her

quote from: golf2day on June 19, 2014....
I'm disgusted, but kinda excited. Now I'm disgusted that I'm excited.

oldhog63

As opposed to someone that posts constantly the same thing?

M L (bassplayer)

snowflake

Seriously? No wonder members are hesitant to post in this crazy place.....
People need to chill out.

Acehawg

We need a ignore button

RockyMtnHog

Arkansas rarely wins the recruiting battle for a 5 star player.  We usually beat ourselves to death in recruiting 4 and 3 stars.  The players in state that could truly turn the program around are recruited by Alabama and the other top schools in the SEC.  They usually win the recruiting battle and we get the players that sometimes never see the field.  That lies the problem. 

The kids want to go where they can win championships and be a high draft pick.  Arkansas rarely wins any championships in football and our players are often taken in the later rounds or are undrafted free agents which do not make the team.

When you combine this and the current coaching staff it is a disaster that is happening right now.

It is sad to say this but it is the truth.  Let that sink in for a minute!
"On the Eighth Day, God created the Razorbacks!"

Athog

Well that is not surprising is it? That has been the view since we joined the SEC! I know Houston won the West once but really people outside Arkansas have had that view. Ha .. I did not need a friend to tell me that!

Coop-Hog

Sorry for the curse words... Ive just sat back and watched people be jerks, disrespectful, hateful or what ever you want to call it to people who don't ask for it! Yes I agree some do ask for it and that's fine but just not making a lot of post isn't a reason.. I hope people who do this going forward are called out like the ones who slip a naughty word. But again I apologize for the language.... look my post count is going up now !!
Did I mention I HATE LSU!!

Boardon Hamsay

Perception can sometimes be the reality yet, it's also not always permanent.
Quote from: Pillowhead Jackson on October 16, 2017, 07:51:05 pmDo nursing homes buy a lot of lobsters for their residents or are you back behind the trash dumpster selling hot lobsters ito Uncle Dewey for his social security money?
Quote from: Rudy Baylor on March 26, 2019, 08:33:58 pmBill Self seriously just jogged by my front yard. I almost accidentally sprayed him with Weed&Feed
Quote from: thebignasty on April 03, 2019, 12:07:41 pmExploitation of quantum mechanics pretty much has to be addressed in the NCAA handbook.
Quote from: theFlyingHog on June 09, 2021, 10:50:01 amYou certainly keep the waters well chummed.
Quote from: PonderinHog on October 22, 2021, 10:03:28 amI'm no longer drinking yet.

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: KennyForAD on November 07, 2017, 04:56:10 pm
This is the first time I truly miss Karma.  +1 baby.   Beautiful

In honor of CBB and Jen, I'm surprised Lanny hasn't brought it back!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

Ex-Trumpet

Quote from: Acehawg on November 07, 2017, 05:57:56 pm
We need a ignore button

Are you kidding?  Hogsanity is one of the reasons I log on here...he keeps me in stitches!!
Do dyslexic, agnostic insomniacs lie awake at night wondering if there really is a dog?

jkstock04

Quote from: Athog on November 07, 2017, 06:13:47 pm
Well that is not surprising is it? That has been the view since we joined the SEC! I know Houston won the West once but really people outside Arkansas have had that view. Ha .. I did not need a friend to tell me that!
I get irritated when people act like this is presently the norm. For all our faults of playing football in the SEC, we historically are better than Vandy. Despite what Hogsanity or the Jeff Long apologists will try and spin.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

Porkchop#1

Can I ask you a question?

Are you crazy?

bphi11ips

Tell him you know some Tennessee and Auburn fans who disagree.  You may not but I do.  They see Arkansas the way we've almost always been - a tough out and you better bring your A-game.
Life is too short for grudges and feuds.

JaketheSnake

We are competitive or better than competitive for the most part, with the exception of the past few years.  Even then, we have put up fights against most teams. Your friend is an idiot or you are a liar.

NuttinItUp

Don't trust anyone who lives in Georgia.

They ain't right in the head.

Steef

ATLHog

I've lived in GA (Atlanta) for 22 years and can tell you that's not what fans around here think.
Here's a quick summary of their hierarchy of thoughts:
DAWGS DAWGS DAWGS
ROLL TIDE
Auburn (and why they'll never be BAMA)
Tennessee
Clemson

KennyForAD

Quote from: Steef on November 07, 2017, 07:17:10 pm
Actually, you can still put someone on ignore.

Don't do it.  Hit them hard.  Shut em up.

007 License To Squeal

When you can't argue the substance, always attack the messenger, right?  You, Sir, are a Jerk!
******Proud Member of Hogville.net since May 22, 2003, 08:17:38 PM*******

KennyForAD

Quote from: 007 License To Squeal on November 07, 2017, 07:31:59 pm
When you can't argue the substance, always attack the messenger, right?

Of all the absurdity today, this may take the cake.  Good one.

Idahog

Woot!  Academics!  Like Vandy!  Woo Pig!
Quote from: Pork Twain on February 11, 2015, 07:11:54 am
Let me explain how this works...  If I have four really good meals in a row, I am thankful for that and I do not withhold my thanks for fear that the next meal might suck.

tannerstahl

I live in the Deep South of Georgia, (burn and raised in Russellville) and I've never heard any kind of Vanderbilt comparison like that about our program...I moved here just in time to watch the cotton bowl vs K state before the petrino fallout....most people around here say we shouldn't have fired CBP and also wonder why we ran off HDN ... everybody and their mama thought CBB was a home run hire ...they were thrilled with Kirby stealing away Sam Pittman but uncertain about the Chaney hire

Most who've seen my posts know by now that we've got a kid from this 1A county high school committed to the Hogs for the 2018 class, and we have the number 23 player in the country for 2019 (per espn) at least interested in taking an unofficial visit to the Hill if I can afford to fly him up there. So people around here want good things for the Hogs. Last year after we thumped Florida everyone was trying to call the Hogs ...so ... all that to say, we're not the Vanderbilt of the west and it's pure ignorance for anyone to think that
i love the hogs....so very very much

Pork

People like you are the reason I don't like to get on this site.

KennyForAD

Quote from: Pork on November 07, 2017, 07:50:35 pm
People like you are the reason I don't like to get on this site.

Please help us drive them off.  The tide is turning, as the admins have obviously seen the light.  And welcome aboard, Brutha!

Sow Lancelot

Quote from: jgphillips3 on November 07, 2017, 05:07:14 pm
Oh look, another long time poster who is such a snowflake that he is angered by what posters with small post counts post if he doesn't like it. ;)
Another +1 opportunity.
"Nec vitia nostra nec remedium tolerare possumus." Livy
Nihil boni sine labore, sic vis pacem, para bellum.

East Clintwood

Quote from: Ex-Trumpet on November 07, 2017, 06:21:59 pm
In honor of CBB and Jen, I'm surprised Lanny hasn't brought it back!

It needs to come back.

Lottsa pluses and minuses going on around here.
Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma

East Clintwood

Any dog can be a seeing eye dog if you don't care where you're going.

Like  blows - Bring back Karma