Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Gerry Bohanon 2018

Started by Letsroll1200, January 16, 2017, 03:05:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Piggus

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on January 17, 2017, 08:47:20 pm
word of advice. When you get totally freaked out by the mere mention of race and act like it bothers you, well, how do you think that makes you look? The kid also totally covered what you chose to go all teaparty about. Furthermore, he makes a good point and nobody came close to answering the question. Why have Quinn Grovey and Matt Jones been the only 2 athletic QBs to see the field @ Arkansas ever?

Um, talent level.
[CENSORED]!

RazorPiggie

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 20, 2017, 09:24:05 am
BJ Thompson from England, AR.  received a offer from Texas

Congrats to him.

Jim Harris

Quote from: woodrow hog call on January 17, 2017, 09:59:05 am
::)
We should go after their OC hard  then, if they did all of that with the "worst O Line in the conference",  ::)

Josh Heupel. He did pretty well as a QB at Oklahoma and, for a while, as Stoops' OC. Then he had to be a sacrificial lamb over there. But what they did to Arkansas in the second half was just what OU was doing to teams a few years back. Vertical, vertical, vertical. Arkansas seemed to think, based on where they were aligned and their focus on point of attack with numbers, that they were going to run the ball all day.
"We've been trying to build a program on a 7-8 win per season business model .... We upgraded the Business Model." -- John Tyson

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 20, 2017, 09:24:05 am
BJ Thompson from England, AR.  received a offer from Texas
Sorry but this has exactly WHAT to do with this particular thread ??? I realize it actually takes some thought and organization to stay on the actual subject, but come on!!!!! >:( BTW there's already another totally separate thread on Mr. Thompson's offer.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on January 20, 2017, 05:01:23 pm
Sorry but this has exactly WHAT to do with this particular thread ??? I realize it actually takes some thought and organization to stay on the actual subject, but come on!!!!! >:( BTW there's already another totally separate thread on Mr. Thompson's offer.

I think I asked about Arkansas being slow on offering in state talent

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 21, 2017, 01:00:51 pm
I think I asked about Arkansas being slow on offering in state talent
See my above comments concerning separate post already posted. And BTW as been pointed by others just because 'Bama has offered doesn't mean we won't and we won't land him. Quit freeking.

Hollywood870

BigLion10

January 23, 2017, 07:40:37 am #157 Last Edit: January 23, 2017, 10:51:41 am by BigLion10
Quote from: Tick Hog on January 16, 2017, 09:06:54 pm
LaMichael James?
played against him in HS when I was in Texas, that dude was a monster tore us up both years I played him

onebadrubi

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 21, 2017, 03:29:28 pm
Uh......4.5 forty.

40 times.... Only thing important when playing QB, amirite

RazorPiggie

Quote from: BigLion10 on January 23, 2017, 07:40:37 am
played against him in HS when I was interested Texas, that dude was a monster root us up both years I played him

Could you re-write this so I can understand it?

Deep Shoat

Quote from: RazorPiggie on January 23, 2017, 08:22:29 am
Could you re-write this so I can understand it?
Pretty sure he said, "I graduated from PB".
All Gas, No Brakes!

BigLion10

My bad on the misspellings guys lol I was saying he was a beast in HS he tore us up both times I played him.

Letsroll1200

Auburn Tigers just offered the kid

WooPig90

colbs

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 24, 2017, 12:33:22 pm
Auburn Tigers just offered the kid
Arkansas already has a QB(from Arkansas) for the 2018 class.

Trey1981

Quote from: WooPig90 on January 24, 2017, 12:39:23 pm
Yup as a QB

Assuming he wants to play QB in college and Arkansas eventually offers, that will be a tough offer to compete with.

If Arkansas offers, do we think it will be as a QB or as an athlete?

colbs

Quote from: Trey1981 on January 24, 2017, 12:40:58 pm
Assuming he wants to play QB in college and Arkansas eventually offers, that will be a tough offer to compete with.

If Arkansas offers, do we think it will be as a QB or as an athlete?
Athlete probably

The Hawg Marshal

He just tweeted that Auburn is his dream school. I hope we don't offer him.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: colbs on January 24, 2017, 12:40:56 pm
Arkansas already has a QB(from Arkansas) for the 2018 class.
who might be a major league baseball player...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

WooPig90

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on January 24, 2017, 12:44:35 pm

This

jacobp

Letsroll1200

Quote from: The Hawg Marshal on January 24, 2017, 12:44:35 pm
56-3

RME

Next1_04

Letsroll1200

Quote from: colbs on January 24, 2017, 12:53:14 pm
Go troll on MMQB.

Everybody's a troll to let some of you tell it.

The_Iceman

If he wants to play QB, I don't think we have a spot for him here. We have Cole Kelley and Daulton Hyatt on campus. Will be adding Connor Noland in 2018.

RazorPiggie

Quote from: The_Iceman on January 24, 2017, 01:45:21 pm
If he wants to play QB, I don't think we have a spot for him here. We have Cole Kelley and Daulton Hyatt on campus. Will be adding Connor Noland in 2018.

Correct. If he wants to play QB it more than likely won't be at UofA.

Letsroll1200

Competition not wanted!!! Put a sign up around Razorback stadium.

Letsroll1200

It doesn't stop other SEC programs when they have better 5 star quarterback. Why at Arkansas?

PorkRinds

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 24, 2017, 01:56:02 pm
It doesn't stop other SEC programs when they have better 5 star quarterback. Why at Arkansas?

Yes it does.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: PorkRinds on January 24, 2017, 01:59:19 pm
Yes it does.

Alabama last season. They had 5 stars before Hurt got to campus but it didn't stop them. I don't want a kid that's not willing to compete. If your last name is not Walton, Landers, Gates and a few others you are going to have to compete for your spot in life.

Peter Porker

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 24, 2017, 02:02:54 pm
Alabama last season. They had 5 stars before Hurt got to campus but it didn't stop them. I don't want a kid that's not willing to compete. If your last name is not Walton, Landers, Gates and a few others you are going to have to compete for your spot in life.

You know those 5 star QBs transferred right?
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Letsroll1200

Quote from: Peter Porker on January 24, 2017, 02:04:23 pm
You know those 5 star QBs transferred right?

That's life!!! Peavy and Towns transferred from a 7 win team.

RazorPiggie

Bama QBs recruits

2016-Jalen Hurts
2015-Blake Barnett
2014-David Cornwell
2013-Cooper Bateman, Parker McLeod (who has transferred to WKU then to UGA as a walk on).
2012-Alec Morris

So looks like we do the same thing as Bama. 1 per year.

The_Iceman

My point is, with Kelley and Hyatt, we don't have room for two scholarship QBs in the same class.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Letsroll1200 on January 24, 2017, 01:29:12 pm
Everybody's a troll to let some of you tell it.
So this is how they compose sentences at AWbarn: "Everybody's a troll to LET some of you tell it"? What the heck ??? ::) :-\

NotSoFastMyFriend

Bohanon is a dual-threat QB, not a pro-style QB. Unless he wants to come to Arkansas as an ATH he won't be coming.

Translation: He won't be coming.

If you want to openly root for Gus there's a team and a board for that.  :razorback:

Hollywood870

Quote from: NotSoFastMyFriend on January 24, 2017, 05:14:55 pm
Bohanon is a dual-threat QB, not a pro-style QB. Unless he wants to come to Arkansas as an ATH he won't be coming.

Translation: He won't be coming.

If you want to openly root for Gus there's a team and a board for that.  :razorback:
So we can't run our offense with a dual threat quarterback. Gotcha. Love seeing these Arkansas kids go out of state.

NotSoFastMyFriend

Quote from: Hollywood870 on January 24, 2017, 05:22:04 pm
So we can't run our offense with a dual threat quarterback. Gotcha. Love seeing these Arkansas kids go out of state.
Hey, I don't like seeing a kid like Bohanon potentially leave either but no, the Hogs offense won't run with a QB who is a runner first and a passer second. The QB has to make reads in a pro-style offense. They can't just line up in the pistol and run 60-70 RPOs per game. Doesn't work that way.

passinghog

I say offer him. Need competition at the QB spot. May the best player win the job. No reason to not have someone that can bring something different to the position. Offer now

WooPig90

Quote from: Showtimehog on January 24, 2017, 07:44:27 pm
I say offer him. Need competition at the QB spot. May the best player win the job. No reason to not have someone that can bring something different to the position. Offer now

Yeah lets tie up scholarships with multiple QBs, smart idea!

onebadrubi

I say lets recruit him and see how it goes. If our staff thinks he's be better at WR, TE, DE, etc then recruit him there. 

Auburn could use another Jeremy Johnson

The Hawg Marshal

Bohanon was just on KAIT. He said he took down the "dream school" tweet  because it was causing trouble between the Bama and Barn fans. Never mentioned Arkansas.

20gauge

I work with his cousin. Time to move on since Auburn offered. Of course he could change his mind but from what I hear from those guys he's Auburn bound.

Seen him play several times he's better at DE than QB to me. Has a cannon, struggles with accuracy sometimes, tough to bring down at least at the level he is playing at now. Seems like a good kid when I talked to him and a 4.0 student.

ChicoHog

He might be the perfect QB for Malzahn's system.  If he has a strong arm most of their passes are deep jump balls or RPOs.  And if he can run a zone read anything close to what Nick Marshall did he will be a great player for the Tiggers.  Of course he could also end up like Jeremy Johnson or even Kiehl Frazier and be a disappointment.  Who knows? 

Next1_04

Just said he received an Arkansas Offer per twitter

ricepig

Too late, we never get any home state guy by offering second..........

Next1_04

Quote from: ricepig on January 27, 2017, 12:48:46 pm
Too late, we never get any home state guy by offering second..........

I feel yuh. Auburn being his dream school from what he said we may have been behind the 8 Ball anyways.

The_Boot_stops_here

Quote from: Next1_04 on January 27, 2017, 01:02:14 pm
I feel yuh. Auburn being his dream school from what he said we may have been behind the 8 Ball anyways.

I had a buddy tell me the young man walked back the "dream school" stuff once he figured out Aubbie wasn't offering as a qb either.  Just second hand info though.