Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Andrew Parker is probably gone.

Started by DuckTalesLOL, February 04, 2018, 12:41:00 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ballinhog

Texas signed 19 in December and they have 6 commits right now, I wonder if there's a chance they run out of room and can't take him

King Kong

Quote from: ballinhog on February 05, 2018, 11:08:25 pm
Texas signed 19 in December and they have 6 commits right now, I wonder if there's a chance they run out of room and can't take him

I can live with that

onebadrubi

Does texas/big12 have a recruIt cap like sec?

jackflash

I wait till signing day to see for sure

KevinOMReb

We (Ole Miss) just offered. Which is really odd this late in the game.  Something could very well be up.  Just a heads up.  No idea if he's ever been on campus, but I believe he attended a summer camp here. 
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: KevinOMReb on February 06, 2018, 11:07:37 am
We (Ole Miss) just offered. Which is really odd this late in the game.  Something could very well be up.  Just a heads up.  No idea if he's ever been on campus, but I believe he attended a summer camp here.
Whats more odd is that they hadn't already offered him. I thought Ole Miss had offered every high schooler in the nation already

KevinOMReb

Quote from: WOOPIGDOOIE on February 06, 2018, 11:11:19 am
Whats more odd is that they hadn't already offered him. I thought Ole Miss had offered every high schooler in the nation already
Funny guy.  Actually that was Freeze.  And Freeze stuck with high star guys way too long and really had us miss on numerous linebackers, which is why we are so thin there. Luke doesn't subscribe to the same recruiting method. 
Hotty Toddy,
KevinOMReb

WOOPIGDOOIE

Quote from: KevinOMReb on February 06, 2018, 11:15:02 am
Funny guy.  Actually that was Freeze.  And Freeze stuck with high star guys way too long and really had us miss on numerous linebackers, which is why we are so thin there. Luke doesn't subscribe to the same recruiting method.
Lol, it is strange they are offering so late though. Maybe since he isnt 100% committed to Arkansas, they think he may give them a shot

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: KevinOMReb on February 06, 2018, 11:15:02 am
lol, come on, man. y'all never stopped the payments or the hoz/
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Oklahawg

An OM offer helps in one regard - it is a message about playing in the SEC.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

chanhog1996

I see Texas has 27 signed. Do they even have room for Andrew Parker and that's why he moved his signed back?

colbs

The_Iceman

colbs

That's why some should hold off on bashing coaches until the papers are signed!

Hook 'em Hogs

7 crystal ball pics to Texas.  Shows what they know, but I'm thinking that Texas didn't have room for him, which means the Hogs benefit!  WPS!  Welcome, Andrew!

steveaustin69

Quote from: justmakeit2thebcs on February 05, 2018, 11:11:04 am
you already making excuses for Morris?  BTW, Did you see Petrinos 2010 & 2011 Class?  You think Petrino can recruit in years 3, 4 and beyond with the team hosting recruits and not being too gung ho on the football program because of how the were treated?  Watch Louisville in year 5 & 6 of the latest Petrino era and see how that turns out. 

There is plenty of talent on this team to compete in the middle of the pack of the SEC.  We just need to put players in a position to succeed base on what our strengths are.  Bielema saw the need for change, the 3-4 and less running between the tackles was a start.  However, during change it often gets worse before it gets better.  Bielema didn't survive the change, and rightfully so.

There is some talent on this team, don't sleep on them.  Based on HS stars we have the 22nd best talent returning next year. That maybe 10th in the SEC, so the road will be tough.  But we do have a chance to compete.

Seems like that might be an issue.

Airforcehawg

Kevin

Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

Airforcehawg

Quote from: Kevin on February 07, 2018, 11:09:17 am
who are the higs?  just kidding

Jesus...you were fast...I corrected that instantly!

Grizzlyfan

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on February 07, 2018, 11:07:54 am
7 crystal ball pics to Texas.  Shows what they know, but I'm thinking that Texas didn't have room for him, which means the Hogs benefit!  WPS!  Welcome, Andrew!
This is probably right.  But I don't care at this point.  This is a big get.

colbs

Quote from: Hook 'em Hogs on February 07, 2018, 11:07:54 am
Maybe but they seemed to want him.  He also had offers from A&M, Ole Miss, and TCU.

Pig in the Pokey

Quote from: steveaustin69 on February 07, 2018, 11:08:14 am
Seems like that might be an issue.
never was for Petrino, won't be for Morris n Chief , either.
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang

Kevin

Quote from: Airforcehawg on February 07, 2018, 11:10:02 am
Jesus...you were fast...I corrected that instantly!

I saw that. 

I had too.

thanks for your service
Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil and he will flee from you.<br />James 4:7
Reject Every Kind Of Evil 1 Thessalonians 5:22

onebadrubi

Quote from: Pig in the Pokey on February 07, 2018, 11:11:04 am
never was for Petrino, won't be for Morris n Chief , either.

I forgot all the times Petrino beat Bama

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

Busta_Nutt

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on February 04, 2018, 12:41:00 pm
Parker is leaving. His Twitter picture and background are no longer Arkansas(just a black background), and his bio no longer says "Committed to the University of Arkansas".

He gone.
Might want to go back and correct that.. Would be nice for you to check the latest news.

Boss Hog in the Arkansas

That's right, you don't want to be the man to replace the man.  You want to be the man to replace Rory Segrest.

mj4president

I haven't followed recruiting but this the 2 star from New Orleans?
"Let's do this tonight! Nothing like a legendary night to remember. I'll tell all my grand pups one day about the 3 am walk off home run by Jared Gates." MJ4President just hours before it happened.

HogFanWoody

WPS Go HOGS!

Inhogswetrust

People that post about who will sign where before they actually sign are no smarter
than Ms. Cleo.
If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

Inhogswetrust

If I'm going to cheer players and coaches in victory, I damn sure ought to be man enough to stand with them in defeat.

"Why some people are so drawn to the irrational is something that has always puzzled me" - James Randi

SpaCityHawg

010HogFan

Quote from: mj4president on February 07, 2018, 11:30:25 am

Yeah he's no typical 2 star though. I'm not sure why he's rated so low with the offer list he has. He was a late find for a lot of schools but we were on him early.

GuvHog

Depends on which recruiting site you look at. Some have him listed as a solid 3 star.
Bleeding Razorback Red Since Birth!!!

Hogindasticks

imtad16

Rivals is the only site that has him as a 2 star. I think they make themselves look silly when they don't reevaluate and bump up a player that has offers from Arkansas, Texas, Texas A&M, TCU, and Ole Miss. You are not a 2 star with those offers. ESPN doesn't have him all that highly rated, but at least they have him as a 3 star. They also only have Arkansas and Texas as his offers which is just them not being up to date on his offers, but again at least they have him as a 3 star.

https://n.rivals.com/content/prospects/2018/andrew-parker-188504

https://247sports.com/Player/Andrew-Parker-46051308

http://www.espn.com/college-sports/football/recruiting/player/_/id/231993/andrew-parker

DeltaBoy

If the South should lose, it means that the history of the heroic struggle will be written by the enemy, that our youth will be trained by Northern school teachers, will be impressed by all of the influences of history and education to regard our gallant dead as traitors and our maimed veterans as fit subjects for derision.
-- Major General Patrick Cleburne
The Confederacy had no better soldiers
than the Arkansans--fearless, brave, and oftentimes courageous beyond
prudence. Dickart History of Kershaws Brigade.

SooieGeneris

Quote from: DuckTalesLOL on February 04, 2018, 12:41:00 pm
Parker is leaving. His Twitter picture and background are no longer Arkansas(just a black background), and his bio no longer says "Committed to the University of Arkansas".

He gone.

I'd say it's past time to retire that phrase. I was concerned about Parker signing with Texass, I won't deny that, but if I've learned anything about recruiting, it's that nothing is final until the LOI is signed, either with us or another school.

Any more predictions? Sorry, couldn't resist..
KJ Jefferson, one of only 2 QBs in UA history to go 2-0 in Bowl Games..

Mac attack: McAdoo & McGlothern co-winners of the Thorpe Award 2023?

jvanhorn

Quote from: 010HogFan on February 04, 2018, 01:22:55 pm
I don’t understand why anyone would want to play for Texas right now. They aren’t going to get any better. Their reign of college football has been over for years and Tom Herman is an idiot. Just look at his antics during their bowl game. Not the guy I’d want leading my kid into battle. He’s been a big goofball dating back to his days at Houston.

Gee, I hate Texas and I would love for you to be right, but I think you are dead wrong.  You need to pay more attention to things.

Vantage 8 dude

shown006

Quote from: onebadrubi on February 07, 2018, 11:16:57 am
I forgot all the times Petrino beat Bama
Bama on a 10 game win streak against the Hogs...Morris won't beat them his first 2 years, so it'll be 12.
WPS!

WBOBO

Quote from: shown006 on February 07, 2018, 11:03:53 pm
Bama on a 10 game win streak against the Hogs...Morris won't beat them his first 2 years, so it'll be 12.
Streaks are made to be broken young lad.
The difference between ordinary and extraordinary is that little extra.

imtad16

This is interesting to hear what a recruit thinks when he sees crystal ball picks on 247 when he either hasn't made a decision yet or is committed to another school than people are picking. Parker said he was giving UT a seriously look, but said he was surprised to see all the Texas picks on 247 while he was still committed to Arkansas. Let's consider this as Dorian Gerald has had a few picks to A&M today.

http://www.wholehogsports.com/news/2018/feb/09/andrew-parker-tells-why-he-stayed-razorback/

Pig in the Pokey