Welcome to Hogville!      Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Remember the " must get" Tyrie Cleveland

Started by greenEGnHAWGS, July 22, 2016, 09:31:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

greenEGnHAWGS

Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

greenie

There was a thread already about this somewhere...but yes, it appeared as though we pushed hard for this guy.  If I remember correctly, (WARNING...rumor to follow) his family wanted him out of Houston in order to get away from some bad influences.  This could be a total Hogville rumor, but I do remember that discussion here.

Regardless, looks like he could have benefited from some CBB behavioral modification.   ;)

jackflash

I think we had him was surprised he chose Florida

KlubhouseKonnected

Quote from: greenie on July 22, 2016, 09:48:32 pm
There was a thread already about this somewhere...but yes, it appeared as though we pushed hard for this guy.  If I remember correctly, (WARNING...rumor to follow) his family wanted him out of Houston in order to get away from some bad influences.  This could be a total Hogville rumor, but I do remember that discussion here.

Regardless, looks like he could have benefited from some CBB behavioral modification.   ;)

As I recall the word was that he was the opposite of the CB from Louisanna, his family was on board for Arkansas but after he decommitted from Houston he chose Florida on signing day.
If Auburn is dirty so is Gus. You can't have it both ways. Deal with it.

greenEGnHAWGS

Didn't realize there was already a post. My bad. But I forgot that he was the one who flipped from Houston.
Did they get you to trade a walk on part in the war, for a lead role in a cage...?

theFlyingHog

Quote from: greenie on July 22, 2016, 09:48:32 pm

I think I remember they didn't want him in Florida either as there was some type of family that was/is a bad influence. That was his connection that helped draw him to Florida, if I'm not just totally making ish up right now

online-with-swine

jkstock04

Shooting and causing minor damage via BB guns...lol. Dumb..but sounds a little trivial at first glance.

If they were gonna rack up some felony charges they may as well have gone all out and do something worth their while vs the BB gun thing.
Thanks for the F Shack. 

Love,

Dirty Mike and the Boys

The_Boot_stops_here

This is the 3rd thread started about this. And, btw, Id still take Cleveland right now. We dont have anyone like him on the roster. Also, Id be willing to bet he wouldnt be soung stupid crap like this at Arkansas

ricepig

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 23, 2016, 09:41:43 am
This is the 3rd thread started about this. And, btw, Id still take Cleveland right now. We dont have anyone like him on the roster. Also, Id be willing to bet he wouldnt be soung stupid crap like this at Arkansas

Yeah, not a smart move on the young man's part, but not worthy of a new thread every other day.

ChicoHog

The guy he got arrested with is a long time friend he grew up with in Florida I think before moving to Houston when he was in Jr high or High school.  His friend got a schollly to UF also and was one of the reasons Cleveland chose the Gators. 

Hogs run wild

Quote from: The_Boot_stops_here on July 23, 2016, 09:41:43 am
yeah the people on this board are pretty much up to date on articles and what not. if an article is 5 days old, its a safe bet that there's already been a discussion started.
We all got a chicken duck woman thing waiting for us.

King Kong

Quote from: online-with-swine on July 23, 2016, 06:40:38 am
Maybe he was the bad influence?

It's a BB gun. It was stupid yes, immature yes, could have hurt someone yes. But this isn't exactly telling of a kid having bad character.

Peter Porker

I hope someone else posts another thread about Tyrie Cleveland without reading the other threads about Tyrie Cleveland.
Quote from: Peter Porker on January 08, 2014, 04:03:21 pm
Notice he says your boy instead of "our coach". Very telling.

I'm not worried. If he recruits like he did here Louisville will fire him in about 5 years.

Vantage 8 dude

Quote from: Peter Porker on July 23, 2016, 11:15:06 am
I hope someone else posts another thread about Tyrie Cleveland without reading the other threads about Tyrie Cleveland.
I agree. Especially since (as of yesterday) UF has apparently decided not to do anything in particular concerning this situation.

pigture perfect

The 2 biggest fools in the world: He who has an answer for everything and he who argues with him.  - original.<br /> <br />The first thing I'm going to ask a lawyer (when I might need one) is, "You don't post on Hogville do you?"

Pig in the Pokey

NOW you see why the aunt wanted him up on The Hill and cried when he picked florida...
You must be on one if you think i aint on one! ¥420¥   «roastin da bomb in fayettenam» Purspirit Gang
@Slackaveli

secneahog

Arkansas came in 3rd in his recruitment.  I remember reading a article, where basically Tyrie named who was what and we was 3rd.
Remix MMA.  Alan "the talent" Belcher - Born_Imboden Arkansas- Next 185 UFC Champ!

theFlyingHog

Quote from: secneahog on July 23, 2016, 12:54:33 pm
Arkansas came in 3rd in his recruitment.  I remember reading a article, where basically Tyrie named who was what and we was 3rd.
3rd? Guess we better give up football

bulldog04

Waldron Hog got in trouble for shooting at squirrels with a blow gun at Tech

Oklahawg

At one point we were the leader for Cleveland. The lure of his friend was strong. I think the Dad lived near UF and that was a factor that the Houston-based family was not excited about.

BB gun is not a huge issue but in today's world I'd not want to have any gun in my hand just to be safe.
I am a Hog fan. I was long before my name was etched, twice, on the sidewalks on the Hill. I will be long after Sam Pittman and Eric Mussleman are coaches, and Hunter Yuracheck is AD. I am a Hog fan when we win, when we lose and when we don't play. I love hearing the UA band play the National Anthem on game day, but I sing along to the Alma Mater. I am a Hog fan.<br /><br />A liberal education is at the heart of a civil society, and at the heart of a liberal education is the act of teaching. - Bart Giamatti <br /><br />"It is a puzzling thing. The truth knocks on the door and you say, 'Go away, I'm looking for the truth,' and so it goes away. Puzzling." ― Robert M. Pirsig<br /><br />Love is the most important thing in the world, but baseball is pretty good, too.  – Yogi Berra

jbcarol

Zach Abolverdi ‏@ZachAbolverdi Jul 26

Looks like #Gators WR Tyrie Cleveland lost his jersey number. He was No. 2 on Florida's media guide at SEC Media Days. Now listed as No. 89.
Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Curated SEC Infotainment and aggregated college sports updates where it just means more on Hogville.net

jbcarol

Rzbakfromwaybak

Quote from: Vantage 8 dude on July 23, 2016, 11:29:11 am

I agree. Especially since (as of yesterday) UF has apparently decided not to do anything in particular concerning this situation.

Not correct.  UF has taken corrective measures for the BB gun caper.  School officials have confiscated the BB gun, & issued Cleveland a 22 rifle, &  empty bottles to use as targets for practice.   :)
Arkansas born, Arkansas bred, when I die I'll be a Razorback dead.

jbcarol

jbcarol

Kevin Brockway ‏@gatorhoops 21h21 hours ago

Freshman WR Cleveland catching on - via @Gator_sports http://www.gatorsports.com/article/20161015/ARTICLES/161019967/1217?Title=Freshman-Cleveland-catching-on ...

QuoteJim McElwain had been encouraged by freshman wide receiver Tyrie Cleveland's approach in practice over the past two weeks.

That work paid off in UF's 40-14 homecoming win Saturday against Missouri. Cleveland caught his first career touchdown pass and finished with a team-high 79 yards receiving on three catches.

"He's a talented guy," McElwain said. "He's a great person, he's a great kid. Struggling with those injuries and then the learning curve being behind a little bit. You know, this is gonna be a really important week for him as well as he continues to just to kind of grow into that offense and really get another true, big-time threat on the other side from Antonio (Callaway)."

Cleveland was suspended from UF's season opener after being arrested over the summer with teammate Rick Wells in a BB gun shooting incident at an on-campus dorm. The 6-foot-2, 196-pound speedster from Houston, Texas, also dealt with hamstring injury issues early in the season.